You Make Me Blush, You Know?

Is Everyone Here Like This?!

Jinyoung POV

We finished volleyball and went back to the dorms. Ji Yong was up on her bunk, she kept staring at some paper. I don’t think she even noticed that I came in. I stood up on the rim of my bed, just looking at her. Does she really not notice?? She finally looked up, freaking out when she saw me.

“AH! Jinyoung-ah!” She screamed, crumpling up the paper.

“What was that?” I asked.

“Just my…shopping list.” What a lame excuse…

“Really?” I asked sarcastically. She nodded. “So what do you need to buy?” I messed with her. She better not say milk and eggs!

“Just…the necessities.” Oh Ji Yong…bad at lying haha.

“So did you gather your thoughts? You will be able to focus in the soccer tournament, right?”

“I can focus.” She sounded serious.

“Well we’re going to practice with the other school and choose positions and players.”

“Don’t worry, I’ll be there.” She slightly smiled.

 

Ji Yong POV

I went to the field later, ready to get serious. It doesn’t matter if I do like Jinyoung or not, we all want to get that spot in the nationals and I won’t jeopardize that for any of us.

“Ok. We have to evaluate everyone’s skills.” Jinyoung and Ki put us on temporary teams for a test round. It seems that Ki is their schools soccer captain. They mixed us all us, I think they also want to see our teamwork skills and things.

We played. I gotta admit those guys are really good. I could barely keep my hold on the ball when they tried to steal it. Jinyoung and Ki wrote some things down and decided.

“We saw everyone’s highs and lows today. We will consider the possibilities today and choose the front line-up and positions tonight. Everyone can go now.” I went back to my room, tired. Jinyoung and Ki came in discussing something very seriously.

 

“You can’t take that player out! What kind of captain are you!?” Jinyoung yelled as they walked in.

“You seem to only want your players to be on the team! How biased!” They argued.

“There are just certain players I know will be a great addition to the front line-up. These people must be there.” Jinyoung crossed his arms.

“That goes the same for my team.” Ki crossed his arms too.

“You guys don’t need to argue, just write out everyone’s strengths and weaknesses and decide that way.” I said. They both looked at me like I was an idiot.

“How can you say that!?” They both yelled.

“Geez, I was just suggesting. No need to get upset.” I sat back down on my bed. They seem really frustrated. They kept arguing and compromising over the next hour. Since they were preoccupied, I started updating my diary. I haven’t written since I came back, but I did write when I stayed at home. I looked over what I had written, now that I see, it was really obvious to me who I had liked…

I looked down at the guys, still deciding on the team positions. I hope we all do well in the tournaments leading up to the nationals. Getting that spot in the nationals is one thing, but we have to beat all the other high school soccer teams first. I don’t even mind if I’m not in the front line-up, just being a part of this in any way, it’s just amazing.

 

“We have decided on everything after many hours of discussion.” Jinyoung and Ki said to the team. It really did take them hours, I don’t even know how I fell asleep through all their bickering last night.

Ki stepped forward. “From my team the players are—“ All the American players looked confused. “Ah I’m sorry, I just realized I was talking in Korean this whole time. The players from our school in the front line up are- Chris, Robby, Toby, Alex, and myself.” He said in English.

Jinyoung stepped forward. “And from our team it’s me, Chunji, Sandeul, Eun Hyun-ah, Ji Yong, and Changjo.” Ricky pouted since he was the only one left out from our schools team. I felt bad since he’s been here longer than both me and Eun Hyun.

Jinyoung and Ki gave us all our positions and we started a practice game. We finished, lining back up.

“Ok, there are things we need to fix now.” Jinyoung said. “Eun Hyun-ah you have to pass the ball more. Chunji you need to have a stronger lead when you get the ball, you tend to have bad defense. Changjo needs to get a bit more speed and control on the ball when you have it. Sandeul, although you have great speed and energy, you need to practice on your defensive skills. And Ji Yong you need to not be so defensive around the other schools players. We’re all on the same team right now, so kick the ball to them when you can.”

Ki told his team what they needed to do too and him and Jinyoung discussed something quietly.

 

“We have decided to do a small exercise for the rest of the day. Everyone partner up with someone from the opposite school, expect for Chunji.” I partnered randomly with someone. “Introduce yourselves.”

I’m Ji Yong.” I said in English to the guy.

I’m Toby, nice to meet you.”  He seemed nice. He was African American in ethnicity and from what I saw, he was a good player.

“Now stick your arms out in front of yourselves.” We did. Jinyoung and Ki quickly came over to everyone, tying a cloth around our wrists, connecting mine and Toby’s wrist together.

“This is an exercise to build your trust and relationship with the other team. All of you minus Chunji act a bit defensively around each other. We can see that you all try not to pass the ball to each other, and if you do, you’re hesitant. This will help you get to know each other better. You can all go now, don’t untie the cloth until tomorrows practice, ok?”

WHAT. They’re not serious are they!?!

Umm…” Toby scratched his head. “We should go eat.” Eat? I can pick up bits and pieces of his English sentences. Hopefully that’s enough.

We went to eat and then the trouble came when we had to sleep. He was a really nice guy from what I could see.

Ok this is how we’ll do it. You sleep on the top bunk with your arm hanging off the side and I sleep on the bottom with my arm in the air. It’ll definitely work out!” He smiled. I understood the majority of what he said, I think.

 

The next morning my arm hurt so badly! Just the part pressing on the edge of the bed. His arm hurt too…They better let us untie these today!

“Let’s get started then.” Ki said. Wait, aren’t we going to untie these!? “We’re going to play with the ties on.” What!?! Me and Toby weren’t very synchronized…I would always want to go left when he would go right. After a while we started getting used to it, compromising here and there.

Good! Just about everyone’s starting to get the hang of it!” Ki said enthusiastically. They untied us, but that wasn’t it. “Now get with another partner, but this time from your own school.” I was going to walk over to Eun Hyun when Jinyoung pulled my arm, quickly tying our wrists together.

“Jinyoung-ah!” Eun Hyun yelled, she probably wanted to partner up with me too. “I wanted to be your partner! How could you choose Ji Yong like that!?!” Loss of faith in Eun Hyun…

“He said partner up with anyone.” Jinyoung smiled. “Looks like your partner is waiting.” He pointed to Changjo. She groaned and went over to Changjo.

“You better not try anything!” She yelled at him.

“You’re not that attractive.” He rolled his eyes.

“And you even think you’re cute.” Eun Hyun crossed her arms. Hehe, they’re cute together. Jinyoung adjusted our cloth tie.

“Just making sure you can’t get out~” He tightened the knot.

“Why would I leave?” I asked cutely. He laughed.

“Well you don’t seem to like me very much.” He hasn’t realized my feelings yet…

“But I wouldn’t just leave you…” He looked surprised and then he smiled.

“You’re so faithful.” We left going back to the dorms. “So~ What do you want to do?” he asked.

“I don’t know; what do you usually do?”

“Not much.” We sat around for a while, doing homework. I was surprised that Jinyoung wasn’t trying to do something weird. I mean we are bound together right now. I can’t even escape easily.

 

Jinyoung POV

Restrain yourself Jinyoung. Don’t try anything. She will like you better then, restraint is key! We finished our homework. No matter how much I just wanted to hug and play with Ji Yong, I didn’t let myself.

“We should go eat.” She said as we finished out work. We went to the cafeteria. I was having a hard time, although she could eat easily with her right hand, since my right hand was attached to her left, I tried eating with me left. It was a bit troublesome…

“You can use your right hand, you know.” She said. “Even if my left is attached to it, you can still use it.” But I don’t want to be bothersome to you either… We finished and left, going back to the dorms.

“Ki you take the top bunk tonight, ok?” Ji Yong said to Ki. He had a partner of his own, since it was a guy and he was bigger, it would make more sense for them to take the bottom…

“We should take the top.” I said. “Since you’re smaller, it would be easier for us the fit up there.”

“Yeah that’s right.” Ki agreed.

“Ok then.” Ji Yong and me climbed up to the top bunk. It was really a tight squeeze. She scooted closer to me. “It’s more spacious if we lie close to each other.” She said, looking at me.

“Y-Yeah…” I was a bit nervous to be honest. I know me and Ji Yong have slept next to each other before, but she’s never willingly lay so close to me. She said it was just so there was more free space, but still…it kind of makes me blush…

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kya! Jinyoung gets shy now! How funny haha. And he's even trying not to touch her, thinking that it'll make her like him? How ironic~

Haha the comments yesterday! They were either "YESS! Thank you author-nim! God exists!" or "NOOO! I hate you author-nim! How could you!!" Haha I love you all either way~

By the way, I've started a new story! I hope you'll check it out! It totally gives away my bias- Jk jk! I found it hilarious that when I posted it, most of the people subscribing were people I already knew -___- Do you guys get alerts or something or was this just a case of stalkery? Haha anyway- Please check it out if you have the time!

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/267212/you-re-such-a-geek-but-i-like-you-b1a4-cnu-gongchan-jinyoung-romance-jinchan-ocstory