Aww man...

It Just Isn't My Story To Tell

 

~~~~~Your POV~~~~~

I was running and I felt like my lungs were going to burst. I stopped and put my hand against the wall so I could catch my breath. Dear god, I’m so unfit ever since the day I just stay at home and study. I looked at my phone and saw the time. 3:53! Aish! That guy is going to borrow the textbook before me!

I gritted my teeth and looked forward. Unlike in the movies, I could not find any strength within me to run, not even to power walk. So now, I was kind of dragging my feet across the ground while complaining about my health.

After walking for 10 minutes, I finally reached library. I quickly composed myself and walked into the library, I walked over to the shelf where I placed the book and luckily it was still there. I found a posted note on it:

“I only left you the book because I forgot my library card. Remember to return it exactly on Thursday.”

What the heck? Return on Thursday? I don’t think so. I smiled as I picked up the book and walked to the librarian.

After borrowing the book, I decided to get a taxi back to the dance place since I wasn’t bothered had enough energy to walk back. My phone rang and I looked at the number, and it was from Ricky. That kid must be calling me to ask me to go home and practise some lines with him.

--------Phone call--------

Me: Hey Yoo Chang Hyun, what’s up?
Ricky: Noona, it’s Ricky. Ricky. Noona how can you still call me Chang Hyun.
Me: Excuse me but as long as you’re my younger brother, I’m going to call you by you real name whenever I want to.
Ricky: That’s mean… you’re so mean… Anyways, where are you?
Me: Me? Well… I’m going to meet some people…
Ricky: Who? Who are you going to meet? Are they guys?
Me: What?
Ricky: Not… that I… would care. I’m just asking because mum wants to know.
Me: Of course she does. Anyways, I won’t be home for a while. I’ll call back in about 20 minutes with the time of when I’m coming home.
Ricky: Pshh… noona you don’t have to tell me. I don’t need to know but you did a good thing by telling me.
Me: Psh… Whatever you say Ricky.
Ricky: Yay! Noona, have fun with your friends! I love you!
Me: *laughs* You’re unbelievable you know that?
Ricky: Noona don’t worry about chatting to me, you go have fun.
Me: Ricky, I’m going to hang up and if anything comes out of your mouth, I’m going to start calling you Chang Hyun.
Ricky: *silence*
Me: *laughs* Bye!

---------End of phone call---------

I got out of the taxi and smiled to myself. I can’t believe I got to borrow the book! I walked to the reception and showed the lady my card. I finally walked back into the room and I heard music playing. I stopped dead in my tracks. What if BEAST is inside and dancing, wouldn’t they think I’m weird or something? Like, they’d think I’m a stranger… what if they think I’m a stalker? Oh! I don’t want them to think that… Etteokhae?!!

“Looks like you won the fight.”

“Eh?” I realised that Min Hye was looking at me.

“Well, you have the book in your hand so I’m just guessing that if you had an argument with that guy, you probably won.”

I nodded my head and smiled, “Yes I did.”

“Well, I have good news and I have bad news.”

“Okay… you know me, bad news first.”

“Doo Joon oppa isn’t here.” Damn…

“What’s the good news?”

“There are these guys.” Said Min Hye as she opened the door. I looked inside and it was like very BEAST fangirl’s dream but for some reason I didn’t freak out. I mean, I thought they would be something but… they’re not… they just look like the guys at school or even Ricky’s friends.

I felt a nudge and I looked at Min Hye, “Eh?”

“Aren’t you going to introduce yourself?”

“Oh, right…” They probably think I’m an obsessed fan… aww man… “Anneonghaseyo, I’m Jenny and Min Hye’s best friend.” I bit my bottom lip and frowned, “I’m really sorry but I have to go and study.” I looked straight at my bag and walked towards it.

I smiled as I bowed and walked out of the door. What a pity… I didn’t even get to start a conversation with them. I sighed as I walked outside, aww man… I didn’t even get to embarrass myself like they do in the movies. Aish. What is this? Couldn’t my life be like a movie just once?

~~~~~End of your POV~~~~~