Real side of you.

It Just Isn't My Story To Tell

~~~~~Your POV~~~~~

“Hello unni!” Jae Ni waved at me.

“Oh Jae Ni, why are you at Min Hye’s house?”

“Well, I heard about the contract termination… and I had to talk to her about it.”

“Oh okay.” I nodded my head as I started to walk to Min Hye’s door.

Jae Ni grabbed my arm, “Unni, I don’t think you should go inside.”

Jae Ni had a serious expression on her face. I got a little bit worried and confused.

“Why not? Is Min Hye not home?”

“She’s not in a good mood. In fact, if you go in there, I can guarantee you that when you step out of that door, you’ll be not happy.”

I was taken aback by what Jae Ni said. “What do you mean?”

Jae Ni looked at me as she bit her bottom lip, “I guess you should go in and find out for yourself… I shouldn’t into your business unni.”

“Nah, you didn’t. In fact, I don’t have any business so it’s nice to know that someone thinks I do.” I smiled at Jae Ni.

“Well, I have to get going. Have a CF to film with Song Joong Ki sunbae…”

“What? So jealous…” you pouted.

Jae Ni laughed, “Well, I’ve said what I wanted to say so I should get going now.”

“Okay. Bye!” I said as I turned around and walked towards the front door.

I straightened my clothes and knocked on the door. Min Hye’s mum opened the door and stared at me with a surprised expression.

“Oh, Sun Kye, why are you here?”

“Huh? I’m here to talk to Min Hye...”

Min Hye’s mum had a confused look on her face. She tilted her head to the side as she moved out of the way to let me in. I bowed to her as I walked in.

“Is Min Hye in her room?” I asked in a soft tone.

“Yes, she is but she seemed upset when that girl walked out.”

Jae Ni made Min Hye upset? That’s strange; I thought they would be close since they’re from the same company... Could that have been the reason as to why Jae Ni told me not to go into Min Hye’s house?

I quickly walked to Min Hye’ room and knocked on the door.

“Umma, I don’t want to talk! Go away!” I heard Min Hye shout out.

Whoa... I’ve never heard Min Hye go off at anyone ever. She was always to cheerful and happy and when she was upset, she’d be instantly happy after five minutes or something.

“Min Hye... It’s me... Can I come in?”

I didn’t hear anything so I slowly opened the door and put my head through. “Min Hye... I heard what happened... I’m so sor-”

“Don’t say sorry. You’re not sorry. Why are you even here?” Min Hye asked in a cold tone as she glared at me. I felt a chill down my spine.

“I’m your best friend. I have to be here and cheer you up.”

Min Hye gritted her teeth, “You’re the reason why I’m upset.”

I looked at her with my eye wide open, what did I do?

“I don’t think so...” I slowly shook my head.

“Well, you gave me your leftovers.”

“Huh?” Okay, she’s really starting to confuse me.

Min Hye scoffed, “Oh puh-lease, don’t think of yourself so innocently. I know about the guys you gave me after you had your turn with them. I’m not a recycling bin.”

“What?”

“Oh, and also, if you are going to introduce me to your guy friends, get guys that don’t have feelings for you.”

“You’re talking about Jung Ho and Jang Hoon oppa?”

“Whoa! She got it right! Someone get her a prize!” Min Hye said sarcastically as she stood up.

“I also know that Hyunseung oppa likes you.”

My eyes widened, she knew that those guys liked me and yet she still wanted to go out with them?

“Then why did you want to go out with them even though you knew I liked that?”

“Well, I didn’t know it at first but then when they kept talking about you, I figured it out. What do you think I am? Clueless?”

“So then why did you keep on doing that?”

“I thought you didn’t have feelings. At that time, I was still oblivious to that.”

This side of her... I would have never imagined it.

“I don’t get it. You’re angry at me because of that?”

“No.”

“Then what?”

“Oh, isn’t it obvious? You know I wanted to be a rapper since forever.”

“And?”

“AND YOU STOLE IT FROM ME! YOU TOOK AWAY MY FAME?! MY FANS, YOU STOLE THEM! I HATE YOU!”

I backed away and looked at Min Hye. I didn’t know what was going on. I didn’t know why, at that moment, I wanted to comfort her and tell her that she’ll be okay but a part of me wanted to tell her off. That part of me was winning and I couldn’t help what I said next.

“Can’t help it if I’m better than you.” I said in a casual tone. Crap! What did I just do?! I covered my mouth and bit my bottom lip.

“What?!” Min Hye’s eyes were flaring and it seemed like lasers were shooting out of them.

I wanted to apologise but then all these thoughts came into my head. The strange way she acted when she wanted to find out the ‘speed rapper’ girl and she didn’t even reply to my message when I asked for help with the song... when Jae Ni hinted to me who the person was... it was her. It was Min Hye... no wonder... Jae Ni warned me not to go inside...

I raised my head and took in a deep breath, “I said that I can’t help it if I’ve gotten more talent than you.”

I walked up to her and slapped her and I smiled, “Whoa, this is great. I have always envied your life. I’ve always thought that I was the supporting character in your story. I thought that you were the main character but I guess I was wrong. You’re in my story and you’re a minor character.”

I guess this is it. It’s finally time for me to shine. It’s my movie now.

Min Hye smirked, “You can think whatever you want to. You will always be the minor character to my story.”

I shrugged as I turned around and walked towards the door, “You’re just jealous I’m more famous than you. Oh, and now that I think about it, it less likely that you quit, it was more like they dropped you didn’t they?”

Min Hye suddenly ran towards me and pushed me. I stumbled backwards and hit the door. I didn’t even care, I just wanted to taunt her even more... I feel so mean...

“Whoa the very cool and calm Min Hye has lost the plot?” I asked in a cocky tone before opening the door and walked out.

I closed the door behind me and quickly walked towards the front door. I got out of the house quickly and as soon as I stepped it out, I broke down... I leaned on the brick gate and slid down as I broke out in tears. I felt so betrayed, so lied to. How could someone I trust so much be like that to me? How could she?

“Why the heck are you crying so pathetically in front of my house?”

Damn, once again, she saw my weak side.

Min Hye laughed, “You’re so pathetic, acting tough and then crying in front of my house.”

“I think you’ve hurt her enough?” I recognised that it was Jae Ni’s voice.

I looked up at her and she smiled at me, “My CF filming got cancelled because the director was sick.” She reached her hand out and I grabbed it.

“I’m sorry, I know it’s none of my business but I just think that if you wanted help, I’d be here to lend a hand.” Jae Ni whispered to me as she glared at Min Hye.

“Seriously, just go away.”

Jae Ni crossed her arms and walked closer to Min Hye, “You know about my story right? The one where my mum tried to pull me down but did you see what happened to her? Well, if you don’t want to be ridiculed but the rest of the world and lose all hope of being famous.”

Min Hye looked at Jae Ni, “you wouldn’t do that.”

Jae Ni smirked, “Oh, but I can and because Jenny is like a real sister to me, I will.”

Jae Ni then turned around and faced me, “Let’s go and get you cleaned up. Your make up is smudging.”

She grabbed sunnies from her bag and gave them to me before leading me away from Min Hye. I turned to face Jae Ni and put on a faint smile, “Thank you. You didn’t have to do that.”

“Yeah, but I can’t stand injustice and there are too many main characters suffering because of these villains.” Jae Ni smiled.

I laughed as I continued walking with Jae Ni.

~~~~~End of your POV~~~~~