Thank you

It Just Isn't My Story To Tell

 

“Hey, thanks for today.” You smiled as you happily held a DVD in your hand.

“No problem.” Sungyeol smiled shyly.

“I’m going to go just in case the Infinite members come and see me.” you said as you were about to go.

“Wait.”

You turned around, “What?”

“Oh, can you give me your number?”

You smirked, “What? Asking for my number already?”

“What? It’s the only way I can contact you.”

You smiled as you put your hand out, “Where’s your phone?”

Sungyeol pulled out his phone and handed it to you. You put your number in the phone and gave it back to Sungyeol. “Just text me your number when you have time.”

“Wait, so when are you going to post the video?”

“Well… I’ll make a twitter or something and post it on there, it’ll probably be publicised on the net so you can find it on there.”

“Befriend or follow me first yeah?”

You let out a sad sigh, “I’m sorry, but I have to go. I went two hours over time, my mum might get worried.”

“Might?”

“Yeah, she probably thinks I’m at the library.” You laughed, “I guess I should get going now.”

“Alright, bye…”

“Bye!” you waved as you turned around and ran off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You walked up the hill to your house and saw someone waiting at your front door. You furrowed your eyebrows as you cautiously walked towards your house. You reached the front of your door and the man turned to face you. Your eyes widened as you saw Hyunseung.

You looked around as you quickly made your way up to him, “What are you doing here?”

“Jenny, we have to talk.”

“What is there to talk about? Min Hye likes you and you’re slowly starting to like her. Don’t tell me that isn’t true.”

Hyunseung took in a deep breath, “Can we come inside and chat?”

“Don’t you have a comeback soon or something?” you asked in a playful tone as you opened your gate and walked in.

“Jenny, I’m so sorry but I was the one who released the video.”

“Eh?”

“I just wanted a company to sign with you and so you would be famous-”

“You ruined it…” you said as you stared at the ground with watery eyes. “You ruined a good day for me…” you gritted your teeth.

Hyunseung grabbed your arm but you violently jerked it away, “Get out… I don’t care anymore.” You walked over to the gate and opened it, “Please go before people take pictures of us. Min Hye might get upset.” You faced the opposite direction to Hyunseung.

“But if you’re famous then wouldn’t it be easier for us to meet?”

“No, you know what you sound like right now?” You stared at him straight in the eye. “A self centred person man.”

“Jenny… I…”

“No, please, just leave. Even though deep inside, you knew that I wanted to be an artist, you should have told me to do it myself instead of doing it for me.” you eyes started to water, “I really wanted to do this on my own, or get help when I asked for it. We haven’t seen each other for a long time, it has been 6 years since we’ve been anywhere close to being best friends, you can’t just pretend that we’re great friends after all these years. It takes time for me to warm up to people. I thought you would have known. I doubt now, if I were to meet Ji Yong oppa, I wouldn’t be automatically close to him either.” 

You sniffed and wiped the tears from your eyes. Hyunseung pursed his lips together and put his head down, “I’m sorry. I think I should leave.”

“Yeah.” You said as you had your back facing him, “There’s no way this friendship could be fixed, it can only be demolished and rebuilt again.” You said as you walked into your house.

You walked into the house, “He ruined my day…”

“Who did?”

You turned to your mum, “The new librarian. He didn’t let me borrow extra books…”

“So where are your other books?”

You sighed, “Aish… umma. I was really angry so I made a dramatic exit and… I think I won’t be able to enter the library until that guy quits working there.”

Your mum frowned, “Seriously, why it that you always clash is heads with people you meet at the library?”

You put on a nervous smiled and rubbed the back of your neck, “Umm… because they’re nerds and so they can’t fight?”

Your mum raised her hands up in defeat, “Aish, stop fighting with guys, at this rate, you’ll never find a boyfriend.”

You frowned, “Umma… don’t say that.”

“What’s that CD you have in your hand?”

“Oh, it’s a video that I recorded with my friend.”

“What’s on it?”

“You’ll know, it’ll be on all the K-pop websites.”

“Eh? Is it something bad or good?” your mother looked at you with a nervous expression.

“Don’t worry, it’s definitely good.” You reassured your mum. “I’m going to my room; I have to post this up on the net.” You smiled as you held up the DVD and ran to your room.

“You know, that’s not that reassuring!” your mum shouted out.

You quickly closed the door and ran to the window. You pulled away the curtain and looked through the window.  You watched as Hyunseung slowly walked away.

You shook your head and pulled yourself away from the window. “No, I’m sorry… I now know that I’ve moved on… I should have thanked you instead.”