Ride Home

It Just Isn't My Story To Tell

 

~~~~~Your POV~~~~~

“We’re going to Infinite’s dorm.”

Oh my gosh, what the heck? Aren’t there rules that companies set out which say no one from the opposite gender to enter the dorm?

“What?” I jerked my arm away, “Are you crazy? Why the heck would I go to your dorm?”

“You borrow a book for smart people and yet you can’t figure these simple things out?”

“Oh, I can, like just then, you weren’t Infinite’s Sungyeol but you were just the jerk Sungyeol that made me roll down the stairs!”

“You’re the one that jumped on me!” he shouted back.

“The nerve!” I glared at him, “You’re the one that took the book!” I shouted at him.

He gritted his teeth and glared at me, “You should have returned it today!”

“My brother will debut in a group before this book is due!”

“Whatever. I told you to finish the book by Thursday.”

This guy really has the nerve… Suddenly he grabbed me by the arm and dragged me to the bus stop. I didn’t make a scene because we were in public. I didn’t want Ricky to have a sister labelled as weird even before he made a debut.

We got on the bus and he payed for both our tickets. His knuckles were bloody which served him right for trying to steal my book. My back was hurting along with my legs and shoulders; I think I’m going to be bruised for a while. I’m not going to hear the end of this once Ricky sees the bruises. I went and sat down and he sat down next to me, as soon as our arms bumped into each other we both groaned with pain. That hurt so bad…

The whole bus ride we were just nudging each other to hurt each other and so just randomly you hear two teenagers making groaning sounds. They definitely thought something dirty because at each stop, whenever someone got off, they’d look at us. Those people in the bus have such dirty minds…

~~~~~End of your POV~~~~~

The bus stop and Sungyeol stood up but you continued to sit there. “What are you doing? It’s our stop. Get off.”

You frowned, “No, it’s your stop. My stop is two stops after this.”

“No, I can’t let you go home. Come on, get off.”

“What? I am not getting off.”

“Fine.” Sungyeol then turned to someone and tapped them on the shoulder, “Excuse me but my girlfriend is angry at me and she won’t get off the bus and it’s our stop. Can you please help me?”

The lady moved and sat next to you, “Aigoo… if your date is going to end it’s going to end. There will be many more dates to come. Just listen to your boyfriend and go home. A teenage couple out so late can cause a lot of misunderstandings.” She then patted you on the head which caused you to flinch a little, “Just go home with your boyfriend okay? He’s sick so why don’t you just let him go home?” She then stood up and turned to Sungyeol, “I hope I helped a little bit.” She smiled as she walked away.

“Aish… lady you don’t know anything so don’t say things as if you do.” You mumbled.

“So are you going? The bus driver is getting impatient.”

You continued sitting in your seat. Sungyeol impatiently looked at the bus driver and then you. “Sorry bus driver, we’re not going! I’m very sorry. Sorry.” Sungyeol bowed several times before sitting down next to you.

“Okay, why don’t we start over?” Sungyeol put his hand out and looked at you. “Anneonghaseyo, I’m Sungyeol.”

You hesitated but you shook hands with him, “Anneonghaseyo, I’m Jenny.”

“Very nice to meet you.”

You scoffed, “Right now, I can think of a thousand different ways that we could have met under better circumstances.”

“Okay… What year were you born?”

“92.”

“Alright, I was born in ’91 so I’m older. So you can call me oppa or sunbae I don’t really care.”

“Okay. I can handle that.” you nodded your head, “Okay, oppa.” you in an awkward way, “We’re going to my house so you better make some calls to your manager.”

“Fine. I will.” Sungyeol took out his phone and called his manager.

“Aish! I thought he would have gone back to his dorm…” you mumbled to yourself. You sat there telling yourself off for stuffing it up.

Sungyeol turned to you, “Okay. Done. So Jenny, have you told your parents that a guy is going to sleep over?”

“Eh?”

“Well, I’m a guy and I’m staying over at your place, I think your parents are going to have to say something about that.”

“Right…” You quickly took out your phone and called your parents. Sungyeol moved a little bit closer to listen into the conversation.

---------Phone call--------

Mum: Jenny, are you still at the library?
You: Oh… no…I’m actually on the bus home.
Mum: Good, well just in case you’re hungry, we left some dinner in the fridge.
You: Mum, a guy friend of mine is sleeping over.
Mum: What?
You: Mum just say yes and I’ll explain things later, anyways, he can sleep with Ricky.
Mum: *sighs* Fine, since this is the first time you’re bringing a boy over.
You: Mum, he’s just a friend. Anyways, I don’t think he can date.
Mum: Why?
You: I’ll tell you when I get home. Bye mum.
Mum: Bye.

---------End of phone call---------

You turned around to face Sungyeol, “Done, my mum said it’s alright if you stay over. Since you’re an idol, I don’t think you’ll do anything you’ll regret.”

“What is that supposed to mean?”

“Nothing.” You said as you looked at the window.

It was your stop and you stood up. “Ow…” you bit your bottom lip as you tried to hide the pain. Sungyeol stood up and both of you walked off the bus.

“Can you walk?” Sungyeol asked you.

“Yeah, I didn’t sprain my ankle or anything so it doesn’t matter. You?”

“Yeah, I can walk. Just barely…” he said to himself.

“Wait here, I’m going to buy you something.” you said as you walked into a convenient store.

“Really?” Sungyeol asked in a surprised tone. He stood outside and waited for you.

You walked out of the store holding a toothbrush. “Here.”

“What’s this?”

“Well, if you’re going to sleep at my place and wake up in the morning, you’re going to have to brush your teeth, unless you always bring a toothbrush around, I suggest you take this.”

Sungyeol took the toothbrush, “Thanks… for looking after my image.”

You smiled, “I have a soon to be idol at home so I know.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, you know Teen Top?”

“Oh yeah, the group that’s considered Infinite’s rival.”

“Well, my brother is Ricky.”

“Oh really?”

You nodded your head, “Yeah.” You smiled. “Come on, let’s go to my place, it’s late.”

You started limping and Sungyeol following you. Sungyeol saw that you kept moving your bag from one side to the other. He took your bag, “Here, let me.”

You grabbed on your bag and didn’t let go, “No way, I don’t think so.” You shook your head, “You are not running away with the text book.”

Sungyeol laughed as he grabbed your arm and put it around his shoulders, “There, at least now I can look the least bit like a gentleman.”

You scoffed, “Right… you’re a total gentleman.”