That's my character in the story

It Just Isn't My Story To Tell

 

~~~~~Your POV~~~~~

“Sorry I had to cut it short, I have practise.”

I smiled as I hugged the books, “Nah, it’s okay. I get to spend more time with these books.”

Sungyeol looked at me with a shocked look, “I feel so used…”

I scoffed as I glared at him, “You said it yourself rich boy.” I smirked as I picked up my book and walked away. I then stopped and turned around, “Go and practise so you can give my brother some kind of competition.”

Sungyeol gasped, “Once again, I’m wounded but also touched. Wounded cause you insulted me but touched because you care…”

“Go and practise.” I said with a straight face.

“Okay, anything you say, campus couple buddy.”

“Bye!” I said as I walked away as tried to carry the heavy pile of books.

“Bye!” I heard Sungyeol shout back before I heard the car drive away.

I sighed as I put the books down and took out the keys from my bag. While I took out the keys from my bag, I saw my phone had about 4 messages. I opened the door and lifted up the books and walked into the door. Gosh, maybe I shouldn’t have chosen the heavy books…

“Aigoo! Jenny ah, don’t walk around the house with shoes on! I just cleaned the house! Aigoo… this girl is so inconsiderate.”

“Sorry umma.” I smiled at her, “Just wait a second…” I tried to find the table to put the books on.

“Jenny, why are you carrying so many books?” My mum ran over to help me put the books on the table.

“Well… I was at the library. Umma, what else would I be doing at a library?”

“Aish, you should have just lied and said you went out to give me some hope…”

I pretended to change the topic and took out my phone, “Oh, I got some texts; I’m going to check them.”

“Hey! ^^ Come out from your studying bubble for a while. I want to talk to you; we still haven’t finished talking about us. Meet me later yeah? Umm… I’ll give you the time later when I figure out my schedule. Okay? - Hyunseung ^-^”

“Noona!!! So how are you? Is everything okay? I know it’s not our weekly talk but I have a free day today =) Anyways, don’t forget to call me on Wednesday. – Ricky<3”

“Oh, I have a time now; umm… it’s 6:45pm now so I think we’ll meet up at 8pm. I’ll be outside your place. – Hyunseung.”

I was about to press on the last message when I saw it was from Min Hye. I hesitated to open the message.

“Sup Jenny! I have something great to tell you!!! It’s so awesome. We spent more time together today!!! I’m so happy right now!!!

I pursed my lips together and right then I realised I had the perfect opportunity to tell Hyunseung. I picked up the library books and walked towards my room.

“Are you eating anything?”

“No, I’m fine.”

I walked into my room, aish, these books are as heavy as my heart right now. I looked at my phone and saw that it was 7:52pm. I can’t believe I spent such a long time at the library with Sungyeol. I felt my phone vibrate and I looked down and saw that it was a message from Hyunseung.

“I’m a little early but I’m in front of your house. If you’re not ready, I’ll wait for you outside. ^^ - Hyunseung”

I looked at the message and let out a sigh. I really wish I could fast forward this moment…

~~~~~End of your POV~~~~~~

You slowly opened the door and walked out to open the gate.

“Hey Jenny!”

“Hey.” You said with a weak smile.

Hyunseung grabbed your hand and pulled you over the bench. “Let’s talk.”

“About what?” You pretended to act clueless.

“About us. Didn’t you read the text?”

“Oh… yeah, I did but I thought it was just a joke.” You laughed.

“A joke? Jenny, our relationship is not a joke.”

“Right… because friends totally don’t joke around.” you let out a short laugh.

Hyunseung looked at you with a confused look, “Friend?”

“Okay… maybe we’re closer than that. Siblings.”

Hyunseung looked you straight in the eye, “Jenny…. what are you on about? I thought we were more…”

Your eyes started to go red as you tried to hold in your urge to cry, “More? How on earth can we be more?”

“You mean… you’ve never had those kinds of feelings for me?” Hyunseung eyes started to well up with tears.

You hesitated to shake your head, “Yeah, because I know Min Hye has feelings for you.”

“Min Hye? She has feelings for me?”

You nodded your head and smiled weakly. “You two look good together.”

“Are you only doing this because Min Hye likes me?”

“Yes, because I know that even if we do date, you’ll somehow end up with Min Hye.” You wiped away a tear before it could slide down your cheek.

“But that’s not true, I like you a lot.” Hyunseung grabbed your hand but you moved away.

I sniffed, “How should I put this? If this was a drama, I’m like Ji Hoo and you’re Jan Di in Boys Over Flowers, I would be Shin Woo and you’d be Go Mi Nam in You’re Beautiful and I would be Bong Joon Goo while you’re Oh Ha Ni in Mischievous Kiss.”

Hyunseung looked at you with a sad look; you looked away and pursed your lips together.

“The weather is changing so I think you should go home before you get sick. Thanks for coming over, I’m sorry I can’t walk you to the gate.” You quickly stood up and ran inside before Hyunseung could grab you back.