The past

It Just Isn't My Story To Tell

 

~~~~~Hyunseung’s POV~~~~~

I was in the practise room practising for BEAST’s comeback when Min Hye came in.

“Hey Minnie!”

“Oppas! Have any of you heard any new news about that speed rapper?”

Everyone shook their heads as they looked at Min Hye.

“Why are searching for her? She obviously doesn’t want to be found…” I said as I tried to slowly change the subject.

“How do you know? Wait, weren’t you like with her on the day?” Min Hye looked at me suspiciously.

“Eh? No. I just happened to walk in while she was rapping.”

Min Hye looked down sadly like a little kid.

“Kids! Practise is over, you guys can go now.” The choreographer shouted out as he patted us on the back.

“I’m not going to give up.” Min Hye said in a determined tone, “I’m going to find her!” Min Hye then ran out of the room.

“What’s up with her?” Gi Kwang asked.

“I know, it’s like she’s a bounty hunter.” Said Jun Hyung as he earned a high five from Dong Woon.

Crap, I have to distract Min Hye. I ran out and chased after her, I saw her open the door to get into a taxi when I ran across the street and got into the taxi with her.

“Oh! Oppa! What are you doing here?!” Min Hye asked in a surprised tone.

I scratched the back of my head, “Umm… I was feeling a little stressed out so I wanted to relax a little bit.”

“Okay…” Min Hye gave me a weird look. “Oppa, I really have to find the girl so you’ll have to go on a different taxi.”

“No!” I said nervously, “Why don’t you go with me? There’s no point in me going karaoke on my own.” I turned to the driver, “Ajhussis, can you take us to the karaoke place on Dangsoo Street?”

“Oh! Oppa, what are you doing?”

“Oh come on. Just this once, I just need to release some stress before the comeback.”

Min Hye frowned as she hesitantly nodded her head. Success! Jenny’s safe for now.

“Whoa oppa… you seem so happy to just go to karaoke.”

“Oh.” I laughed nervously, “Really? Well, I’m really happy to go to karaoke.” I smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~

The taxi stopped and we got out after paying. Min Hye was about to go somewhere so I grabbed her by the wrist. “Um. It’s cold. We should go inside.” I said as I pulled her into the karaoke place.

~~~~~End of Hyunseung’s POV~~~~~

~~~~~Min Hye’s POV~~~~~

Aish… what on earth is Hyunseung oppa doing? All of a sudden he’s like asking me to go karaoke? The whole time, I just sat there and watched him sing. I should be out there trying to find that girl. I know, I don’t get why I’m making such a great deal out of her but she’s my rival and I know that the thing that will make me improve is to have a rival in the industry.

~~~~~~~~Flash back~~~~~~~~

“Number 95 please step forward.” The man called me up. I nervously walked over to the centre and prepared to rap. I started rapping and once I finished, I saw that the judges were happy. I thought I had it in the bag.

“Number 96.” I watched as the girl confidently walked over to the centre.

“I know this is a little strange but I’m going to show you the two things that I’m very confident in.” she smiled but somehow it wasn’t a stuck up smile, it was a I’m confident and I’m going all out today kind of smile.

“Doesn’t she seem a bit to overly confident?” said the girl waiting in the line.

“I’m going to rap and while I do, I’m going to be acting.” She chuckled.

“Go on.”

She started rapping and everyone’s jaws dropped, including mine. She was rapping so fast and yet she didn’t have any mistakes and she was actually acting out different emotions. The judges looked at her and everyone was whispering about her.

That’s when I knew that my chances of making it as a trainee of YG going down the drain. When she finished rapping, everyone was clapping like mad. The people who were auditioning walked out of the room and they started mumbling things. I stood there hoping that they would accept both of us. The judges smiled as they looked at the girl.

“Yoo Sun Kye, congratulations. You now have a chance in debuting as an artist from YG.” Said one of the judges.

“Unfortunately we could only take one person from this group… Choi Min Hye, we are sorry but you didn’t make it.”

~~~~~~~~End of flash back~~~~~~~~

“Min Hye ah, sing this song with me.” Hyunseung oppa pulled me up.

“Oppa, I really have to go.” I stood up and was about to walk to the door when Hyunseung oppa grabbed my hand and pulled me back.

“Umm… why don’t you stay? Come on, you haven’t done a lot of practise lately even though you should so why don’t you stay?”

I let out a sigh and nodded my head, “Fine, but only this time.” I grabbed the mic off Hyunseung oppa.

~~~~~End of Min Hye’s POV~~~~~