Jenyeol = )

It Just Isn't My Story To Tell

 

You and Ricky walked into the university gates and you made your way into the administrative office.

“Oh hey Jenny!” Someone called out; you turned around and saw that it was Sungyeol who was waiting in line.

“Hey!” you waved to Sungyeol. He gestured to you to him but you mouthed to him, “I can’t, I’ll lose my spot.”

Sungyeol shook his head and kept gesturing you to come over. You nudged Ricky, “Can you go over to Sungyeol and ask him what he wants.”

“What? Why me? I took my day off to spend with my noona, not with her boyfriend.” Ricky frowned.

“Ricky-ah… please…? For your favourite noona?” you smiled.

Ricky frowned, “You’re my only noona.”

You smiled at him and nudged him to go. Ricky rolled his eyes and walked over to Sungyeol, after talking to Ricky; Sungyeol went out of the line and walked towards you with Ricky walking behind him.

Sungyeol frowned at you, “I wanted you to come to the front of the line with me but since you didn’t want to, I had to go to the back of line with you.”

You laughed, “Why are you puffing up your cheeks?” you asked Sungyeol.

Sungyeol frowned and covered his cheeks with his hands, “I didn’t puff up my cheeks… it’s baby fat…”

You and Ricky looked at each other and started giggling.

“I’m younger than him and I have less baby fat than him.” Ricky whispered to you and you started to chuckle more.

“Yah… Jenny ah…” Sungyeol frowned.

You started calming down and nudged Ricky to stop laughing.

“Sorry sunbae, I can’t stop laughing.” Ricky continued to chuckle. “You’re so tall yet you still have baby fat.”

You whacked Ricky’s arm, “Yah, don’t say it like that… I like his chubby cheeks.” You smiled at Sungyeol and he smiled back.

Ricky scrunched up his face in disgust and quickly stood in between you and Sungyeol. “So sunbae… when’s your comeback?” Ricky asked Sungyeol.

Sungyeol laughed, “Ricky hoobae, you know that I can see over your head right?”

Ricky turned around to face you and covered your eyes. “Well sunbae, my noona can’t see you.”

Sungyeol smiled as you tried to pull Ricky’s hands away. “Ricky, move your hands or I’ll embarrass you in front of all these university people.” You threatened Ricky.

Ricky pulled his hands away from you and dropped his shoulders as he sighed. “That’s it. I’m going home. At least umma won’t ditch me for appa because he’s at work.”

You laughed and patted Ricky’s cheek. “Good boy. Now go.” You waved at Ricky.

Ricky hesitated before getting out of the line. “Fine, I’m going. I know when I’m not wanted.”

You and Sungyeol smiled at Ricky as he walked out of the office. Sungyeol slowly and quietly linked arms with you and you looked at him.

“Whoa… I really didn’t see that coming.”

Sungyeol furrowed his eyebrows, “Was that sarcastic?”

“You’re really going to ask me that question?”

“Don’t be upset…” Sungyeol then smiled at you cheekily, “Do you want me to cheer you up? I will do my owl impersonation.”

Sungyeol was about to do the impersonation but then you took the forms in your hand and covered his face with it. “You know, I don’t need to be cheered up. I’m already happy.” You moved closer to Sungyeol.

Sungyeol smiled widely at you. “Of course you are, you’re with the tallest and funniest member of Infinite.”

You let out a faint laugh, “Not cute?” you asked him.

“Well, I would say that I’m cute but then I would sound like I’m passing the line.”

You smiled as you leaned onto Sungyeol’s shoulder.

“That was not expected.” Sungyeol said in a mocking tone.

You looked up at Sungyeol and put your arm behind your neck in pain, “Aigoo… looking up at you from this distance is really hurting my neck. Why so tall?”

“Why do you make me it sound as if I’m some tall freak?”

“What? I’m not; I’m complimenting you on your tallness.”

“I am tall aren’t I?” Sungyeol asked you.

“Hmm… maybe too tall. Maybe I should find someone who’s more my height.”

Sungyeol quickly created a space between you two, “There, problem solved. You don’t need any other man. Anyways, if we’re standing like hip to hip and walking, then people would just think we’re conjoined twins or something.”

You let out a small chuckle and nodded your head, “You have a point there. You do make some sense.”

“Of course I do. I’m going to be a Seoul university student. I have to make sense once in a while.”

“Speaking of Seoul University, I’ve decided to do the acting class that you so badly wanted me to do.”

Sungyeol smiled happily, “Seriously? For real?!”

You smiled and nodded your head.

“So are you dropping your literature class for that?”

“No, why would I do that? If I do literature, I’ll seem more like a rebel. I mean, if I’m in the entertainment industry then I’m going to have to learn acting but tell me, how many idols do literature and pharmacy courses?”

“Yeah, you’re such a rebel. I think I’m going to have to be with you all the time during classes to make sure you won’t damage your image.”

“Next.” The office lady shouted out.

You pushed Sungyeol lightly before going to the office lady. Sungyeol narrowed his eyes at you.

After handing in your forms and receiving your ID card, you went outside and waited for Sungyeol. You after waiting a while, Sungyeol walked out of the office and walked towards you.

“Do you want to go buy textbooks?” Sungyeol asked you.

“That’s why I came here.”

“Pshh… I knew that… I was just testing you…” Sungyeol said suspiciously.

You scoffed, “Whatever you say. Let’s go buy those textbooks and read ahead!” you said as you pointed forward and walked off while linking arms with Sungyeol.

Sungyeol smiled, “You sure are cute today.”

“And so are you. With your chubby cheeks and funny spatial expressions.”

Sungyeol smiled and pinched your cheeks and you pouted but then let out an embarrassed laugh, “I’m sorry, I can’t do this cutesy couple thing. My toes and fingers are curling up.”

Sungyeol let out a sigh of relief, “Oh, I thought it was just me. I was just doing it because I thought you thought that I was the cute type.”

You nodded your head, “Yeah… let’s not try and act cute. Let it come naturally.”

“Agreed.” You and Sungyeol shook hands.

“But… I’ll always be cute because of my chubby cheeks.” Sungyeol said proudly.

You shook your head in disbelief and smiled at Sungyeol, “Then I guess don’t you ever have a v-shape chin okay?”

“Yes madam!” Sungyeol saluted.

“Whoa, we did it and it was cute but natural.” You said in a surprised tone.

“Oh yeah!”

“High five for natural cuteness!” Sungyeol and you high fived each other.