Whoa...

It Just Isn't My Story To Tell

 

You were standing outside while waiting for Hyunseung when Min Hye and Min Soo stepped out of the restaurant.

“Oh Jenny, were you waiting for us?” Min Hye asked.

“No, I was waiting for a friend from the library to pick me up. We’re going to study together.”

“Do you want us to wait with you?” Min Soo asked me. I was a little surprised because usually I would be helping Min Hye throw insults at him so this was a little difficult to get used to.

“Sorry, I’m just still from the shock that you were just nice to me.”

“Ahh, I see.” Min Soo nodded his head.

“You guys don’t have to wait for me. It’s only 5 and sun doesn’t completely disappear until 6 so don’t worry. I’ll be fine.”

“Are you sure? We can always wait with you?”

“What? No, just go on your date. Anyways, if I keep seeing you two be so lovey dovey, I might not be able to keep the food down.” You laughed.

“Fine, we’re going.” Min Hye laughed as she and Min Soo waved goodbye to you.

You stretched your neck and watched them as they blended in with the crowd. Hyunseung walked up behind you and tapped you on the shoulder.

“Oh, are you the last one to come out?”

“Yeah, I offered to pay as well.”

You looked at Hyunseung, “Yah, I offered to pay to but no one let me. They all told me to get out of the paying line and just wait outside.” you whined.

Hyunseung laughed as he put his arm around your shoulders (in a friend-like way) and lead you onto the streets. “Alright, why don’t I let you pay for our next meal?”

You scoffed, “I only offered to look polite in front of strangers, why the heck would I offer to pay when I’m with you?”You laughed as you started walking faster.

Hyunseung ran after you, “What? I was just telling you that because I just wanted you to be happy.”

“Of course you were.”

“So where do you want to go?”

“I don’t know… I just want to have fun.”

“How about we just hang out at a studio.”

“A studio?”

“Well, I find it fun there.”

“Yeah because you’re a dancing maniac. I can barely do this.” you tried to turn on the spot but you stumbled.

Hyunseung chuckled as he put his hands into his pocket, “Well then I guess I’m going to have to teach you wouldn’t I?”

You smiled as you nodded your head, “I guess it beats staying out in the cold.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You and Hyunseung reached the studio and saw someone practising alone in one of the rooms.

“Jung Hoon, what you doing here all alone?” Hyunseung asked.

“Oh sunbae,” Jung Hoon bowed. “I’m just practising for the CUBE Star party.”

“Really? That’s great because I need you to help me.”

“With what?”

“Hmm… well my uncoordinated friend over here,” Hyunseung looked at you and you bowed to Jung Hoon and he bowed back, “she seems to have trouble moving her body.”

You gave Hyunseung dirty looks as he and Jung Hoon laughed. “This is so fun.” You said sarcastically.

“I just remembered, Jung Hoon, Jenny is a rapper too.”

“I’m not a rapper.” You shook your head.

“Why don’t you give it a go? Do you want to battle?” Jung Hoon asked you.

You smirked, “I’m not any good but I never back down from a battle.”

“Let’s make it interesting you two, why don’t we do speed rapping? Since I believe it’s both of your specialities.”

“Okay, let’s do this.” you smirked, “I should let the pro go first since I’m not very sure about speed rapping.” You gestured for Jung Hoon to go first.

Hyunseung looked at you, “You know it’s not going to be a fair battle.” Hyunseung whispered to you.

You shrugged your shoulders, “He’s the one that asked. I’m just replying.” You smiled as the music started.

While Jung Hoon was rapping, you were doing some warm ups. After Jung Hoon finished, he was out of breath and was breathing heavily.

“Whoa! That was daebak!” Hyunseung clapped his hands together. “That sure was really fast!”

You smiled as you shook Jung Hoon’s hand, “That was really great. Umm… I’m just wondering if you have a song by Outsider.”

“Outsider?!” Jung Hoon asked in a surprised voice, “You do know that he is the fastest rapper in Korea right.”

“Yeah. I do, that’s why I chose his song.” You smiled, “So is there?”

Hyunseung went through the songs and finally found a song by Outsider, “The song’s a little old but…”

“It’s fine. I think I can manage.” You smiled casually as you relaxed your shoulders.

The song went on and you waited for the part where Outsider starts rapping. When Outsider part came on, you started rapping, Jung Hoon looked at you with eyes and mouth wide open. Hyunseung smiled as he watched you rap. You finished rapping all the lyrics but Outsider was still rapping and still had a few more lines to go.

Hyunseung turned off the music before the song ended.

You bit your lip nervously, “I’m sorry… I didn’t do it the same time as Outsider…”

“Whoa…” Jung Hoon continued staring at you in awe.

You smiled, “So… I’m guessing I’m the winner?”

Jung Hoon slowly nodded his head as he continued staring at you. Hyunseung frowned as he took a tissue and handed it to Jung Hoon, “Here, take this and wipe the invisible droll coming from your mouth.” Hyunseung said in an annoyed tone.