She possibly likes me...

It Just Isn't My Story To Tell

 

You cut off a piece of steak and put it into your mouth and chewed it as you looked at Kyung Jin.

“Sungyeol can you go and get us something to drink?” you asked Sungyeol.

As soon as Sungyeol left, you quickly crossed your arms and leaned in closer to Kyung Jin.

“Yah, what’s wrong? You haven’t been rude for the last 20 minutes.”

Kyung Jin put his head down and continued playing around with his food. You lightly pushed his arm, “Yah… what’s wrong? Don’t tell me you’re still upset from that kid teasing you.”

Kyung Jin shook his head. You frowned as you got out of your seat and sat down next to Kyung Jin. You slightly nudged him and pulled his arm away from his face, “Aww… what’s wrong? Is baby Kyung Jin upset? Should I call his noona to cheer him up? Or maybe give him a bottle of milk because he’s going to cry like a baby?”

“No.” Kyung Jin looked up at you. “Noona, please don’t say that.”

You looked at Kyung Jin with a shocked look. “What did you say? Did you just say noona? Did you just use honorifics with me?”

Kyung Jin looked at you and pouted, “I didn’t do it on purpose, I’m just naturally polite.”

You scoffed, “Really, so your actions before were just you being polite?” you asked sarcastically.

“Noona… don’t say that… I’m sorry.”

You let out a laugh of disbelief, “I’m sorry, I’m not adjusted to your politeness right now.”

Kyung Jin hugged you and you awkwardly looked around. “Noona… I’m sorry… it’s just that I’m sick of being pampered by all the girls.”

“Alright…” you said as you hugged him back. “Ahh… don’t think so highly of yourself, kid. Just wait until you get old, girls will drop you like a hot potato.”

Kyung Jin let go of you and pouted, “Noona…”

You laughed, “You’re cute but my brother’s cuter.”

“What? But I’m younger.”

“But he’s just cuter.”

“Is hyung cuter than your brother?”

“Hyung? As in Sungyeol?”

“Yeah. Is he cuter than me?”

“Umm… I don’t know… you’re both the same. But Sungyeol is a little bit cuter.” You laughed.

~~~~~Sungyeol’s POV~~~~~

“Sungyeol can you go and get us something to drink?” Jenny asked me with her eyebrows raised. I obediently stood up and went off. I mentally slapped myself. Why did I ask her? She now probably thinks I’m joking about it and she won’t take me seriously… I know, I’m an idol and I shouldn’t be falling for girls but I really like Jenny. I know this is super clichéd but she’s different from the idols that I see during schedules. Let’s just say that I really like her.

As I waited to get the drinks, I looked over at Jenny and saw Kyung Jin hugging her. That… that… boy is always doing that around girls. How on earth did he convert Jenny? I really have to learn from that kid. I grabbed the cups and quickly but carefully walked over to them.

“-girls will drop you like a hot potato.” I heard Jenny say to Kyung Jin.

“Noona…”

“You’re cute but my brother’s cuter.”

Aish… she’s always standing up for her brother…

“But he’s just cuter.”

“Is hyung cuter than your brother?” I quietly stood there and listened onto the conversation.

“Hyung? As in Sungyeol?”

“Yeah. Is he cuter than me?”

“Umm… I don’t know… you’re both the same. But Sungyeol is a little bit cuter.” Jenny laughed. My heart skipped a beat when I heard that. She thinks I’m cuter than my cousin who’s always getting the attention from his cuteness.

“I’m sorry, but he’s just cuter.” Jenny shrugged her shoulders.

I quickly walked over to Jenny and smiled widely, “Hey guys! I’m back with some really tasty drinks.”

“How do you know? Did you taste them all?” Kyung Jin asked me.

“Oh! Chocolate milkshake.” Jenny grabbed one of the cups from me and started sipping on it.

“Oh! Hyung! If Jenny drank it and you took a sip out of all of it, does that mean that both of you indirectly kissed?”

Jenny laughed while my face went all hot. “It wouldn’t matter; I’ve already had a first kiss.” Jenny smirked as took another sip of the milk.

“Say what?”

Jenny looked at me with a strange look, “What? I did some acting and in one of the scenes, I had to kiss a guy.”

“What?” my eyes widened.

“Why do you seem so surprised?”

“Nothing.” I said as I quietly sat down opposite her and continued drinking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We walked out of the kids’ café and I quickly pulled my hoodie over my head.

“No one is going to notice you Sungyeol.”

I pouted as Jenny and Kyung Jin laughed at me. “Good one noona.”

Jenny leant closer to me, “You know, your cousin is very bipolar, one moment, he’s like so rude and now, he’s full on displaying cuteness? Should I just tell him that I’m not falling for his act?”

At that time, I would have ratted my cousin out to his mother if I could, if it meant for me to be closer to Jenny. “Sure, go ahead.”

“I’m sorry Kyung Jin but like I said before, I think your hyung is cuter and no, I will not fall for your cute act because I have a little brother who shows aegyo ALL THE TIME.”

Kyung Jin pouted, “Couldn’t you just say you did so I could feel better?”

Jenny laughed as she messed up Kyung Jin’s hair. That’s when I knew that he knew he wouldn’t have chance with Jenny. Ha! Dang it… I’m getting competitive with a six year old. Aish… I’ve seriously lost it. How embarrassing…

“How about I show you something and you can decide if I’m cuter than hyung, okay?”

Jenny laughed, “Well, I don’t know… but you can always give it a try.”

“I’ll perform it at the park.” Kyung Jin led us to the park and made us sit down on the bench as he went off and practised.

“Your cousin is really putting a lot of effort in this.” Jenny laughed.

“Well, he doesn’t want to lose to me.”

“What do you have that he doesn’t?”

I smiled as I looked at her, “You?”

Jenny laughed as she pushed me, “What? Since when did we become a ‘WE’?”

I shrugged my shoulders and tried to look cool, “I don’t know. You’re the one that said it.”

“Noona neomu yeppeoseo, guys won’t leave her alone.” Kyung Jin jumped out of nowhere and started singing. Gosh, he’s only six yet he’s serenading to girls.

“Her heart’s shaking – I know her true feelings. My love for her is just an instant feeling. Whatever anyone says, she’s my life. Noona neomu yeppeo… michyeo… replay, replay, replay.” He skipped parts in the song. Anyways, that song is old… it came out like three years ago.

I looked over at Jenny and she was smiling. I nudged her, “Hey, you’re not falling for this are you?”

“It’s cute, like dongsaeng cute.”

“Yes!” I said happily.

Kyung Jin stopped singing and stared at me, “Hyung!”

“Oh, did I interrupt you?” I asked in an innocent tone.

Jenny laughed and messed up Kyung Jin’s hair, “I’m sorry, it wouldn’t have made a difference anyways, you’re six, stop thinking about girls. Concentrate on other things like studying and eating enough to be tall and muscular. Not just… tall.” Jenny looked at me and laughed.

“Yah…” I grabbed Jenny by the arm.

“Alright, I think it’s time to take Kyung Jin home.” Said Jenny as she stood up, “I promised my dad that I’d be home before 5 so… I can’t break a promise.”

“Alright… noona…” Kyung Jin pouted.

“Yah, you can stop acting cute, she doesn’t like you.” I said Kyung Jin as I carried him up and patted himo n the back. She possibly likes me…

~~~~~End of Sungyeol’s POV~~~~~