Korean News.

Dear Diary, My Life in Korea.

AN: Warning Key is a little mean, but it's all fun and games.

 I still couldn’t believe that I was sitting in a van with five boys I had no idea about.  Actually as the ride got longer, we found out more about each other. I found out that Taemin was in his freshman year of college like I was. But sadly he wasn’t going to the same college as me so I couldn’t get him to help me communicate with students who speak Korean.  Key and Minho were in their second year of college. They weren’t going to the same college as me either. Jonghyun and Onew were in their third year of college.  I was about to ask what they were all studying, but we arrived to our destination. Key, rough as usual, pulled me out of the car.

“What the hell?” I said rubbing my shoulder.

“Sorry,” He said smoothly.

I can’t stand guys like that. They know just how to piss you off then they try to so sweet. I don’t think there are other guys like that come to think of it. I just think it’s Key.

We all walked into a building. I was too busy observing the place to notice I walked through a door.

“Woahh… nice place. Who lives here?” I asked looking around the room.

“We do,” Taemin smiled. I love his energy.

“All of you? Is this like a dorm?”

“Yes,” Key answered.

Just then the memory of me getting robbed came back. This Key guy told me he was going to help me get my bags back.

“How are you going to get my things back? What are you planning?”

“School starts in a month. We’ll find your bags by then.”

“Don’t tell me you’re planning to take ONE MONTH to find my stuff. That bag has my identification. Without that bag I have no money, no place to sleep, no food, or no clothes.”

“You whine too much,” He sitting down on a couch

“Whine?!?! If it wasn’t for you I’d have a place to sleep in tonight!” My voice became louder.

The other four guys were just watching us argue. It’s like they were getting entertained by us. Pfft, they’re probably happy that someone finally showing this Key person his place in life.

“Who says you don’t have a place to sleep tonight? You’re staying with us!” He yelled, getting up from the couch.

“Ha! I didn’t know you’re the one who made decisions for me!”

“You are so complicated!!” He yelled and stormed out of the room.

I began to head for the door.

“Wait Ellie! Please stay. You don’t have anywhere to sleep,” Onew pleaded.

I thought this over for awhile, either stay with this annoyance, or sleep on the street. Only because I was in a foreign country and didn’t speak the language I decided to stay.

Minho, Taemin, Jonghyun and Onew made a sleeping area for me in their living room. That was nice of them. That stupid Key didn’t even come out to help. He probably was too pissed to see my face. Well I don’t care I didn’t want to see him anyway. I hope he has a job that requires him to wake up early tomorrow and work all day.

***

I woke up the next morning to the sound of people talking and eating. That’s just when I remembered that I was in Korea, in a dorm shared by all boys. Wonderful!

My stomach began to grumble. It reminded me that I didn’t even eat dinner last night.  I got up off the floor and walked in to the kitchen where everyone was eating.

“Good Morning,” I said greeting everyone. Everyone said good morning except one person. Key. He was just glaring at me like he was trying to pierce a hole into my head. So I did what any natural person would do. I glared at him twice as hard.  The other boys could sense the tension in the room.

“Do you want anything to eat?” Minho asked trying to break the awkwardness caused by me and Key.

“Yes please I’m starved!” I started to rub my stomach.  Minho handed me a bag with the Dunkin Doughnuts logo on it.

“Sorry it’s not a good breakfast. We ran out of food yesterday,” Taemin said sheepishly.

“It’s ok thank you,” I took the doughnuts and started to eat them. More like stuff my face. I love food way too much.

“Mhhhh….this is really really good! This is the best doughnut ever!”

Key raised an eyebrow.

“You really think so? Key picked it out,” Taemin smiled and pointed at Key.

I glanced over at Key who was smirking a little too much. I rolled my eyes. Stupid boy.

“You are welcome,” He said getting up from the table.

“I never said thank you to you.”

“You should.”

He was right. It’s not in my nature to be rude.

“Thank you,” I said painfully. He walked out the room with a happy look on his face. He bugs the hell out of me.

Onew, Taemin, Jonghyun, and Minho chuckled. I couldn’t help but smiling.

“Things got………interesting,” Jonghyun told me.

“Really?”

“Yeah, ever since you got here. It’s fun to watch Key,” Onew agreed with Jonghyun.

I snorted. Things are about to get even more interesting then. It hasn’t been a full 24 hours yet and we’re already yelling at each other. Then something hit me. I haven’t changed clothes or brushed my teeth in a day. Ewwww.

I started to make a face of disgust.

“What’s wrong?” Minho asked.

“I don’t have a toothbrush. Do you have a new one?”

The group looked at each other. Like they were mentally asking each other what they were going to do.

Key came into the kitchen and grabbed my arm. He pulled me out of the dorm, down the stairs, into the street.

“KE-”He cut me off by putting his hand on my mouth.

“Just listen. I said I would help you. I will. You’re going to live with us until we fix everything. Lets go shopping.”

“Shopping?? For  what?”

“You said you don’t have a toothbrush. Did you forget already?” He asked tapping my forehead.

Ok why does this guy go from annoying to cute?

I noticed he had a bag when he started digging in it. He pulled out sunglasses and a hat. He put them on pulling his hoodie over his head.

“Lets go,” He grabbed my wrist pulling me across the street.

“Wait!! Why are you trying to hide your face? Are you trying to hide from the police?” I asked pulling my wrist from his hand.

“I’m not a criminal!!” He sounded annoyed.

“Then why are you hiding?”

He was about to open his mouth to answer, but then he thought it over and smile.

“Guess.”

“I don’t know. Give me a clue.”

“That’s no fun,” He teased. 

This guy is keeping a secret from me and he’s not telling me. Not fair!

“Tellllllll meeeeeeee,” I whined.

“Come on,” He said grabbing my wrist. We walked into a little store. It sold all types of things. I was  interested in some of the stuff they sold. A lot of it I’ve never seen in my life. Key picked up a toothbrush and walked to the cash register. I was kind of glad we got through that without trying to kill each other.

After we left the little store Key took us on a bus. He decided that we were going to the mall. He looked so suspicious and ridiculous with his disguise. Like anyone cared who he was. They probably wanted to find him because he did graffiti in the mall or something. They probably banned him too. That makes sense.

Something else also came to mind. If I went to the mall, I would have to buy clothes. How can I ask Key to let me buy…you know….undergarments. Oh ! And what about my time of the month? That’s some where between next week and the week after that GAHHH I have to go through cramps and Key!  

“Yah! Lets go,” Key said shaking me out of my deep thought. I could have punched him. Seriously! I don’t know why this guy keeps pushing and pulling me in all direction.

We got off the bus and stepped in the mall. The mall was amazing. I wanted to walk around and get a better look at the mall, but as always the obstacle in my life (that’s Key by the way if you didn’t know) just popped up.

“We have to hurry,” He said walking fast.

“What?? Wait why? Can’t we walk around for awhile?”

“No.”

“Please” I started to pout. It worked on my dad...till I was like 9 maybe it’ll work on Key.

“No.”

Ok so that didn’t work.

I decided to just do things his way. I didn’t care anyways. Maybe I could convince Taemin, Onew, Jonghyun, and Minho to take me another time. I would probably have more fun with them anyways.

He led me into some store for girls.

“Key, how are you?” A lady came up to Key. Then they started talking in Korean. I’ve never felt so confused in my life.

The lady who looked like she was the manger or something went and closed the door. Just as she closed the door Key took off his sunglasses and hat.

“What’s going on??”

“She’s closing the store for us. You have the whole store to yourself.”

Just who exactly is this guy? And why does he have so much power?

“Why?? Why is she doing it?”

“Shop!” He demanded me. Can you believe this? I came to Korea to better myself but instead I’ve been turn to Key’s dog. If I wanted to go lower in life I just would have just stayed home.

There was no point in arguing with him. He was buying my clothes for me so at least there were nice intensions behind his demands.

“What are you going to do while I shop?”

“I will wait at the cash register when you’re ready to buy.”

I eyed him. He looked at me like he was saying what are waiting for go, and then shooed me off with his hand.

He's really pushing my buttons.

As I was commanded I went and shop for clothes. I found clothes easily, but it was the bras and underwear I was worried about. I walked over to the section where they kept the undergarments.

I was trying to figure out what size I would wear. I picked up a bra that looked my size and put it on over my clothes. As I was strapping the bra on, I noticed Key looking at me. More like staring at me. My eyes met his gaze then we both looked away quickly.

Stupid boy making me blush and arggggg!!! I hate him,I thought blushing.

I looked back at Key and he quickly looked down at his feet. Urggg! Whatever.

After I picked out all my clothes I walked up to the cash register where my prince (I’m being sarcastic) awaits for me. He pulled out his wallet and handed cash to the cashier.

“I’ll pay you back. I promise,” I turned to Key as the cashier handed me my bags.

“I know. And double too!” He grabbed my bags.

My mouth dropped. After I tried to be nice to him, this is how he treats me?

Key laughed lightly.

“I’m kidding. You don’t have to pay me back. Haha you should see your face.”

I pouted. He continue to laugh as we left the store.

“You’re not funny,” I pretended to pout.

“No but you are-“ Key started.

“KEY!!” The rest was in Korean. But a girl was yelling Key’s name like he was a movie star. But the funny thing was once other people heard Key’s name they turned around.

“! I forgot to put on my disguise,” Key said holding his glasses in his hand.

“Key what’s going on?”

“KEY!!!” A bunch of girls came running towards Key.

“Follow me,” Key grabbed my hand. My heart kind of stopped. This time he grabbed my hand.  I couldn’t think of anything but his hand in mine. If Key wasn’t pulling me, controlling where I was going, I might have ran right into a wall or something.

Key ran out of the mall and quickly into an ally.

“Would you mind explaining?” I panted. Running really wasn’t my thing.

“Well…I’m kinda famous. And I didn’t want you to call the police yesterday because I knew that this would be all over the news. I’m just trying to avoid the media.”

“Ohh……are Minho, Onew, Taemin, and Jonghyun famous too?”

“Yes,” He handed me my bags that were in his hands.

“WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT? You guys were famous and never told me? So the whole time I’ve been traveling with famous people and I never knew?”

“Yes.” He had something on his mind. Like he was plotting something.

“So why are you guys famous?” This was unbelievable. I couldn’t picture Key as a famous person. I was starting to think this is a dream. This whole trip is a dream.

“We are in a group called SHINee. We sing,” He said it so…nonchalantly. Like it’s not a big deal.

“You guys sing?” I was freaking out, “I want to hear this.”

He nodded yes then pointed to my bag.

“What about it?” I asked.

“I’m going to barrow your clothes.”

Before I could even think of a reply Key was digging through my bags looking for something he could wear. Within thirty seconds he pulled out a sweater and buttoned it up over his shirt and put on his glasses. I really didn’t feel like arguing with him. Not today at least. I just wanted to go back to the dorm and sleep. And eat some lunch. That wouldn’t hurt either.

“Wow girl clothes fit you really well,” I joked.

“It’s not my fault that you’re fat,” He said he obviously was joking.

He really did hurt my feelings. I mean I’ve always been conscious about my weight. I love to eat, but when someone calls me fat, that’s the worst name you could call me. That’s probably the worst name you could call any girl.

We walked to the bus stop in silence. I didn’t speak to him on the bus ride home either. I wasn’t trying to ignore him. But it’s more I felt myself ready to tear up. I did not want to cry in front of Key. No way in hell.

He poked me.

“Are you ok? You look…sad,” His face showed how concerned he was.

I shook my head yes and kept looking out the window.

The bus ride home was quiet. When we returned to the dorm I set down my bags.

“I’m going for a walk,” I said and left the dorm. I had no idea where I was going. All I knew was I had to get out of there, before I start to cry in front of everyone.

SHINee P.O.V (They are speaking in Korean)

“What’s wrong with Ellie?” Taemin asked.

“What did you do?” Minho accused Key.

“Hey! I didn’t do anything! The last thing I did was call her fat…but we were joking! She said I looked good in girls clothes!”

“He’s an idiot,” Jonghyun said to Onew.

“A real idiot,” Onew agreed.

“What are you waiting for?” Minho asked angrily.

“What?” Key said irritated.

“Go after her!” All four said together.

“She’s not mad at me. If she was she would have yelled at me.”

“You’re really something aren’t you?” Minho pushed Key out of his way and ran towards the door.

ELLIE’S P.O.V

As soon as I left the dorm tears fell from my eyes. I walked around somewhere. I had no idea where I was. As of right now I didn’t care. I just felt stupid for crying over being called fat. I overreacted.  I’m so selfish, I just basically ran out of the guys dorm without any explanation. I wiped the tears from my eyes.

 I pushed my hands in my jeans pockets. I felt something in my pockets. My iPod, I thought. I was so happy I found it. I forgot it was in there. I put my earphones in and turned up the music. I was walking when I felt a hand on my shoulder. Without even thinking, I turned around and slapped the person who tapped me.

I smacked Minho. It was an accident though. But it wasn’t my fault…he snuck up on me. Alright so it was my fault, but you can’t really blame me. There are some weirdoes in America.

“Minho, I’m sooooooo sorry. I didn’t know it was you. You really scared me. Sorry,sorry,sorry,” I pulled my earphones out of my ears.

 “Sorry I scared you. I called you…but you didn’t hear me,” He had his hand on his face where I accidently slapped him.

“It’s not your fault! Don’t tell me you came out here to find me?”

“Yes,” He nodded.

“Why? You didn’t have to do that,” I started to whisper, “What if people saw you? Aren’t you famous?”

“I wanted to make sure you were ok. I don’t care if people see me,” He smiled.

“Minho! Hurry up and get inside the dorm before you get caught,” I tried to push him in the direction of the dorm. But this guy was like bricks…or I was really weak.

Minho chuckled at my failed attempt. He just stood there looking down at me trying to push him.

“Ok if I go back to the dorm will you come with me?”

“Maybe…Maybe I don’t want to go back to the dorm.”

“You have to go back to the dorm,” I pointed to the direction where I thought the dorm was.

“What if I don’t want to?  You left the dorm, why can’t I?” 

“Because you’re famous!” I argued with him. I bet I look like I was throwing a tamper tantrum.

Minho laughed. He slowly started to walk in the opposite direction from the dorm. I walked beside him.

“Why didn’t you tell me you were famous?” Might as well change the subject, Minho was determined not to go back to the dorm.

“I don’t know……… It’s nice talking to a girl that not a fan.”

“Really? You must have so many girls trying to get your attention. How does your girlfriend feel?”

We were walking by stores and shops. They were really nice looking.

“Girlfriend? I don’t have a girlfriend.”

“Oh……Hey! Is that an ice cream shop? Let’s go get ice cream,” I grabbed Minho by his arm and pulled him into the ice cream store.

I felt so bad that Minho had to pay for me. He kept asking me if I wanted extra toppings and everything but I couldn’t let him pay for that much whether he was famous or not.

We ate the ice cream on the way back to the dorm. Minho was really quiet so I made conversation with him.

“Can I get a ticket to your concert?”

“Maybe. I have to think about that,” He joked.

“Hey! I should be allowed in your concert!” I joked along with him.

“Nope, I don’t want you there,” He stuck his tongue at me.

I gasped and pointed my ice cream at his face, “Take it back or else…” I laughed.

“Or else……?” He dared.

I lightly pushed my ice cream cone on his face which left a vanilla mark.

He gasped. Minho then took his ice cream and smeared it on my cheek. He smiled, satisfied about the mark he left on my face.

“No fair!” I was about to get revenge with my ice cream, until he grabbed my wrist.

It was like we were in a world by ourselves. He looked at me and I looked at him. That’s all we were focused on, each other. He was still holding my wrist so I wasn’t near his face.  Minho then bent down closer to me.  As he got closer to me, my heart dropped. He took a bite of my ice cream then smiled in delight.  He took his finger dipped it in the ice cream, and then he wiped it on my nose.

By this time we were outside the dorm. We walked in the dorm laughing and with ice cream all over our faces. Everyone was sitting on the couch watching tv. They looked up at us.

Jonghyun, Taemin, and Onew laughed. Key looked at us with curiosity.

“Where did you guys go?” Asked Key.

“Ice cream,” I smiled.

Key was about to open his mouth when some lady on tv began talking. Of course she was talking in Korean so I didn’t understand but everyone else quickly turned their attention to the tv. I suddenly saw a picture of me and Key at the mall on the tv, then of me and Minho walking to the ice cream shop.

“Translate!” I said, “Quickly what is she saying??”

Onew looked up from the tv, “She said who is this mystery girl? They are wondering if you are one of our girlfriend.”

I couldn’t believe this. My first day in Korea I was kidnapped, the second day I’m all over the news. Some luck.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AN: Sorry that was so long. But my friend has been asking me to update for days. I couldn’t because of test and school work and other boring stuff. So I decided to make it up by writing a very very long story. Sorry friend(who won't let me put her name on the internet) :D

Leave comments suggestion questions whatever. I’m open for ideas and stuff. But I love comments too.

>:O