Dear Diary, My Life in Korea.

Dear Diary, My Life in Korea.

 “Ellie, you really should take this opportunity to go to Korea,” My father suggested to me.

“Whattt? Dad. You’re kidding right? I can’t go study in Korea. I have no idea about it’s culture or language.”

“You can learn.”

My father must be going insane. He was a business man always traveling meeting people all over the world. He was excited to hear that I was being offered schooling in Korea. He wanted me to experience new places. If you ask me…I was just fine in America where I understood everything.

Before I knew it, I was transferred to a college in Korea, my bags were packed, and my dad was waving good bye as I boarded the plane.

The plane ride was …..long. On the bright side I did learn how to say hello and introduce myself in Korean. At least that’s a start.

Finally our plane landed and I was dying to get off. All I wanted to do was sleep because of the time difference. Walking around the airport I realized I was lost. The sad part was that there were signs in English.

“YAH!!!” I heard someone yelled. Next thing I knew, some guy ran into me. We both fell on the ground dropping our luggage. As I was processing what was happening, the guy picked up his things and mine and began to run off.

“HEY!! Where are you going with my things??” I yelled.

Behind me somebody in a hoody and huge sunglasses came running after the man. All I could hear him yell was “YAH!!”

What the hell? Does he support him stealing my luggage? Is this how the people in Korea treat their guest??Today is a great day to be wearing converse. I quickly got up and started to chase down these people.

I ran till I saw the guy with my luggage going into a car. The other guy was running like he was trying to catch up to the car. All of a sudden the guy who was screaming "YAH" didn’t seem like his accomplice, but that’s another subject for later. I need my luggage!

The guy ran after the car and I followed. We ran until the car speed up leaving us behind. As I put my hands to my knees to catch my breath, the other guy turned around to face me.

“You speak English?” He asked. He still had his hoody over his head. It was strange talking to someone whose face you couldn’t see clearly.

“Yes.”

He grabbed my arm and pulled me into a secluded place. All I was thinking was please don’t kill me. I don’t want to die.

He pulled off his hoody showing his black hair that was cut in a certain angle with highlighted sections dyed different colors. Interesting style they have here in Korea.

“What did he take from you?”

“Inside that bag…hey! That’s not your business. What I want to know is why were you chasing that man?”

He rolled his eyes. I couldn’t tell if he was insulted or pissed.

“He steal my stuff too!” He said angrily in a deep Korean accent. His English was pretty good for the most part.

“AHHHHH!!!! How am I got to survive?? I have no money! All my info was in that luggage I don’t even remember the address or the name of my college! School starts in a month and all my clothes are shipped to the school. Plus I don’t know Korean!!!!!!!!!”  I was about to rip my hair out. The guy looked at me with sympathy.

“We need to get my bag back. Maybe we can call the police. Can you please translate for me so the police can understand me? How do we call the police in Korea?” I was becoming a nervous wreck.

“No. We can’t call them.”

“What?! Why? We hav-“

“NO!! I will help you, but we can’t call the police.”

“Why?” I asked. This guy seems very suspicious.

“We just can’t.”

He better have a really good reason why he doesn’t want to call the Korean police….Come to think of it I don’t think there are any.

I stormed off. This guy was probably a criminal that’s why he didn’t want to call the police. That’s what I get for talking to strangers.

He grabbed my hand, “Wait, you can’t tell the police.”

“Let go of me!!” I demanded.

“No!”

What the hell? What’s wrong with people in Korea? Since when were strangers allowed to tell people what to do?

A van pulled up towards me and him. He opened the door with one hand and led me in the van with the other.

In the van were four other guys sitting. One guy had brown and blonde hair was looking out the window. Another guy with short brown hair and glasses was reading a book. The third guy had brown hair he had a mushroom cut, was bobbing his head to his mp3 player. The fourth guy had long wave hair. He immediately noticed me when I was pushed into the van.

When all four of them noticed I was being pushed into the van, they all started eyeing me, trying to figure out who I was.They all had a confused look on their faces.

“Don’t kill me!” I begged, “Please I’ll give you anything you want!”

“One leg and one arm,” said the multicolored hair guy.

“NOOO! Anything but that,” I was on the verge of crying.

“PLEASE DON’T HURT ME!” I begged.

“Shut up! I was joking,” He began rubbing his temples.

The other four boys began to laugh.

“That wasn’t funny!” I pouted at the guy with the interesting hair.

“I said I would help you,” He shrugged.

Wait did he just turn from evil looking to innocent cute looking? This guy is good.

The other four looked at him with questioning looks. He explained everything….In Korean. I had no clue what he was saying. He probably added in that I was a psycho . But it wasn’t my fault! He’s the psycho one!

“Are you American?” Asked the guy with short brown hair and glasses.

“Yes,” I said excitedly. I was glad that the guy with the multicolor hair wasn’t the only one who spoke English.

“You are here to study?” He continued.

I shook my head yes.

“Soooooo….what’s your name?” I asked the guy who was questioning me. Even though I was technically being kidnapped, these guys look like they couldn’t harm my pinky toe (except the multicolor hair guy).

“Jinki…Call me Onew,” He smiled.

I asked the rest of the group their names.

“Hello I’m Taemin,” He smiled and waved at me.

“I’m Minho,” He smiled too.

“Jonghyun,” He smirked a little.

“What about you?” I asked the multicolor hair guy.

“That’s none of your business,” He mocked me from earlier.

I shrugged, “Fine I’ll just call you pain in my .”

His face dropped. I had to admit it was so funny.

“My name is Elaina, but you can call me Ellie,” I said introducing myself to the other boys.

“It’s Kibum…But I want you to call me Key,” He said angrily.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AN: That's the end of chapter one. Tell me your opinions what you like dislike. If you have any ideas you want to see later on. I'm open. 

:D