Hate and Raincoat.

Dear Diary, My Life in Korea.

 AN: I would like to take the time to clarify one thing. When I’m switching to a SHINee member P.O.V and it says (In Korean) that means that they are thinking and usually speaking to each other in Korean. When they speak to Ellie automatically think that they are speaking to her in English because Ellie doesn’t understand Korean. If I want the SHINee members to speak in English I’ll just simply put (In English) before the conversation. Just wanted to clear that up because last chapter I kinda confused myself how to write it XDD

This is almost a week after Key told Ellie that she was messing up SHINee’s reputation.

ELLIE’S P.O.V

I couldn’t get the image out of my head. It kept replaying over and over again.

Because you’ll ruin our reputation.

Was I that bad? Am I causing them that much trouble?

Because you’ll ruin our reputation.

I couldn’t stop thinking about it.

KEY’S P.O.V (In Korean)

I pulled my laptop onto my lap and started surfing the internet. Thanks to Ellie, I have to buy a new flat iron. That girl gives me so much trouble.

“Hm?” I saw an article about SHINee. I try not to read these things. Most of the time the fans have nice things to say, but sometimes, the anti fans say some really hurtful things that aren’t true. They would go really far and twist our words and try to make something out of nothing. But for some reason I wanted to read this article. I clicked on it.

In the article there were the pictures of Ellie with me, Minho, and Taemin. I didn’t care what they said about me this time. I was more interested in what they said about her. I read the article. They didn’t really say anything bad about Ellie. They were very interest about the relationship between her and SHINee.

Good, I thought.

Then I scrolled down to the comments, I couldn’t believe what I was reading. Almost all of the comments made towards Ellie were insults.

They said things like ‘Who is this girl? She’s so ugly’, ‘Who does she think she is?’,‘Why would SHINee pick her out of all people?’,‘What a ’,'Ugly ’ ,‘Her face is so fat!’

 

Why are they talking about her like that? They don’t know anything about her! Who are they to say these things?

Without thinking I left a comment on the article defending Ellie.

 All of you shut up! You don't know her! She's better than all of you here!!

I was so mad I shut off my laptop.

It’s all her fault that I’m like this. If she just stayed in the dorm none of this would happen. I’m so PISSED!!

I couldn’t think straight. I don’t understand this feeling I’m feeling. Why do I care so much about HER? She’s nothing special. I insult her all the time. Why do I care if the fans do the same to her?

“Key hyung, have you notice Ellie lately. She hasn’t been herself,” Taemin walked into the room.

“Why should I care!” I snapped at Taemin.

Is this what my life has come to? Revolving around Ellie? Everything is about her!

I walked out of the living room to look for Ellie. I was going to yell at her for making my life like this.

“Ellie!!” I yelled. There was no response.

“ELLIE!!!” I yelled louder.

 I walked into the kitchen to find Ellie sleeping on the kitchen table.

“YAH! HEY!! Get up!” I shook her awake.

She rubbed her eyes and yawned.

“Sorry,” She said and walked away. She looked terrible. She looked like her a boyfriend broke up with her or someone rejected her.

That’s not like her. She didn’t even try to argue with me. Is something wrong with her? Is she ok? NO!! I don’t care! If she doesn’t tell me I don’t care!

I opened the fridge and took out a bottle of water. I couldn’t stop thinking about her. What’s her problem? Why won’t she tell me what’s wrong? Didn’t I offer to help her get her bags back? Didn’t I give her a place to live until everything was sorted out? Didn’t I buy her clothes? Telling me her other problems won’t make a difference to me.

 

I set the bottle of water on the counter and walked to find Ellie. When I walked out of the kitchen I heard Ellie’s voice in our room. I walked towards the room. I stopped when I heard Minho’s voice. Minho? I thought. Walked over and peeped into our room. What I saw made me upset. I know it was nothing...but still I didn’t like it. I saw Minho and Ellie sitting on the same bed. That was the first thing that made me mad. The second thing that pissed me off was Ellie was crying and Minho was comforting her. I quickly turned away from door and pressed my back against the wall so Minho or Ellie couldn’t see me.

Why Minho? Why not me-

“Key?” Ellie walked out of the room interrupting my thoughts.

She scared the out of me.  My heart started beating fast out of fright.

“What the hell Key? Were you listening to our conversation?” She looked at me suspiciously.

“No!” I wasn’t listening to their conversation. I just saw them on the same bed. So it wasn’t a lie.

“LAIR!! What the hell is your problem? If you don’t like me so much why don’t you leave me alone?”

She walked off before I could say anything.

When did I ever say I didn’t like her?I sighed.

ELLIE’S P.O.V

DAMN IT! I REALLY CAN’T STAND HIM!!!! First he tells me things like ‘You’ll ruin our reputation’ then he tries to listen in on my conversation with Minho! I really can’t stand him. Is he so concerned about his damn reputation?

I really needed to get away from Key. Far away. I wasn’t running away, but I had to get out of the dorm for at least an hour. I walked out. I accidently slam the door behind me but I didn’t care. Right now I was just so mad at Key.

I think the more I hang out with Key, the more stupid I become. Here I am walking out of the dorm without know where I am. Not my smartest move. I don’t even know which direction I came from. I just kept walking straight. It that I didn’t even have my iPod on me.  

How am I going to get out of it this time? Will Minho find me again? Or Jonghyun?  Maybe Taemin? Onew might come help me. I hope Key won’t come with them. All he’ll do it scold me about how much trouble I am for the group. I don’t mean to be that much trouble for them.

It started to drizzle. I didn’t care it didn’t stop me from my train of thought.

Why is Key so mean to me? What have I ever done to him? Well I’m glad he was mean to me! Now I know what he’s really like…I was starting to fall for him. But when I was holding his hand, I’ve never had that feeling with a guy before. And I’ve never developed feelings for a guy so quick in my life...

Tears fell from my eyes.

I hate you Key! I HATE you so much!! I really do! Look what he’s done to me. He’s got my mind all over the place. One minute I want to punch him, the next I want to hold his hand.

It began to rain hard.  I cried harder. Nothing was going right. Now it was even raining hard. For some reason I just kept walking. I don’t know why I didn’t go into a shop or store to stay dry. I’ve probably been walking in the rain for 15 minutes. I’ll probably get a cold later. I’ll probably get scolded by Key later. I didn’t care to be honest.

“ELLIE!!” I heard. I turned around. Key was standing behind me in a rain coat.

Key? Of all people? I thought he would rather stay home then come out in the rain to find me. He’s most likely here to scold me personally.

I stood there waiting for him to yell at me.

“ELLIE! Are you crazy?? You could get sick!! Why are you so far away from the dorm? Why didn’t you go into a store? Why are you in the rain? Why did you leave?!?!” Key questioned.

He had a very angry look on his face.

“Do you know how worri-” I cut him off.

“Why do you care?” I whispered.

Key grabbed my wrist. I pulled away from him. He stood face to face with me.

His lips look so…….kissable.

I bit my lip.

“If you stay you’ll get sick! Lets go!!” Key demanded me. He pulled my wrist.

I didn’t know where we were going. I didn’t even try to put up a fight this time. I let him pull my body in the direction he wanted.  He pulled me into some type of abandon building. There wasn’t even a door. It was dark, small, and the only light we got was from outside. It was really creepy looking.

“The dorm is too far for you to walk in the rain. If we go into a store they’ll know who I am. Soon it will stop raining,” Key said.

“Key! Are you out of your mind? What if someone is using this building? Or did you think that it’s dangerous??”

I wanted to hit him in the head to put some common sense back in there.

“Lets just leav-’ I was cut off by Key putting his finger on my lips. My heart was beating so fast.

“You talk too much! All you do is complain. Trust me.”

How can I trust you? It’s your fault I’m here like this.

“You’re so wet and shaking,” He said looking me up and down.

I didn’t even remember how wet I was or notice that I was shivering, that’s how mad I was at Key.

Key did the most unexpected unselfish thing ever. He took off his raincoat and pulled off his shirt, and then he held out his clothes for me to take.

“Here, change so you don’t get sick,” He said.

 I was looking at him like he had 6 heads. I couldn’t believe that Key was willing to take the clothes off his back to let me wear. My eyes started to wander to his abs. I stood there staring until Key realized I was looking at him.

“GO!” Key yelled pointing towards the back of the abandon building while blushing.

“Turn around! Don’t look!” I said walking towards the back of the building.

“Fine!” He said. He mumbled something but I didn’t hear it.

I changed into his shirt and put on his jacket.

“Ok I’m done,” I said walking back towards the front of the building.

I tried not to look at Key. I really did try but I couldn’t help myself.

Think of something else. Anything else. Just don’t look at Key. He’s so hot. No but he’s an …but hot.

Key had a bored expression on his face.

“What are you thinking? What would you do if I didn’t come for you?” Key scolded me once again.

“I don’t know,” I answered honestly. I was looking at the floor trying not to look at him.

“Why do you keep running out of the dorm if you don’t know where you are or where you’re going?”

“I don’t know.”

“What’s wrong with you? I don’t understand you! You go around the house being sad for a week! You don’t tell me anything. Then you try to run away! Do you hate it here?” He yelled at me.

“No.”

I could tell he didn’t like my short answers. He wanted to get answers out of me. But I don’t want to talk to him! Before he interrupted my walked I was alone. And I wanted to be that way…or at least away from Key.

“Then what’s the problem? Tell me!” He told me.

It’s YOU! I screamed in my head.

“Just tell me!” He continued.

“Why do you care? Don’t you care more about your stupid reputation more then me? Don’t pretend like you care. Just don’t worry about me.  In a few weeks I’ll be out of your life. We’ll never have to see each other again. That will make you happy,” I snapped at him.

I went overboard. I shouldn’t have used that tone of voice.

Key winced and gasped at what I said.

“Why do you think that?” He asked softly.

“Think what?” I said bitterly.

“I never want to see you again?”

“Because-”

I felt a vibration in Key’s coat pocket. I took out the phone and handed it over to Key. Key started talking in Korean again. After a short while he hung up the phone and looked outside.

“We can go home now it stopped raining,” He said walking out of the building.

“Key?”

“What?” He turned and looked at me.

I took off the jacket and gave it to him.

“You can’t walk out half ,” I blushed giving him back his jacket.

Key put on his jacket and pulled the hood over his head.

“Thanks……Ellie?”

“Yes?” I looked up at Key. He started to stare into my eyes.

“I don’t hate you,” He said.

 

AN: As promised I made Key a little nicer in this chapter. But how long with that last? :OO Anyway I have a very good idea where the story is going. Maybe it will surprise maybe it won’t ;P  Sorry the story was kinda depressing. I was listening to a depressing song while writing it ;-; that’s why Ellie got so emotional.

I would also like to take the time to thank the people who subscribe to my story. Seriously you make my story feel loved :DD 

On that note I would like to say sorry for taking awhile to get this story up. Once again my teachers believe we enjoy nothing more then studying for huge tests, writing 5 page essays, and doing projects plus studying for exams.

Comment tell me what you like and what you didn’t like :D