Eat The Damn Salad!

Dear Diary, My Life in Korea.

 Photobucket

 

 

I woke up seeing my dad by my bedside me.

“What happened?”

“They took the bullet out,” My dad smiled weakly, “I’m glad you’re ok.”

I nodded, “How long do I have to stay here?”

“Another week.”

“You’re taking me home aren’t you?”

“I’m afraid so. I’m not going to let you stay here.”

“But dad! I don’t want to leave..I like it here. Please.”

“No you’re coming home with me. There are things that need to be done. I need you there.”

“Can’t they wait till May? I don’t want to come home now! I want to finish.”

“You will transfer.”

“But!”

“Not another word about it,” He changed the subject, “Your friends are here to see you.”

“They are?!” I sat up out of bed too quickly. I felt a sharp pain in my side.

“Careful,” My dad gently pushed me back in bed, “I’ll go get them.”

Two minutes later Jason, Honey, and Ethan entered the room.

“How ya feeling?” Jason was the first to speak.

“I’m ok..just kinda tired.”

“Do us a favor Ellie, get kidnapped less often ok?”  Ethan said.

“HEY! I only got kidnapped once!”

“That’s one too many,” Honey held up her index finger.

“I thought you guys where here to visit!” I pouted.

“Nope, we’re here to scold you!” Jason said in a sarcastic tone.

“Fine! Then leave!” I stuck my tongue out.

A nurse rolled in the wheelchair with David sitting in it into my room. My father followed the nurse.

David said something in Korean. The lady smiled and walked out of the room.

“David,” I whispered loud enough for everyone to hear. The room was so quiet you could hear a pin drop.

“What are you doing here?” Ethan asked.

“To see Ellie.”

“After all you put her through?”

“You may not know this but he actually saved her life,” My dad walked behind David.

“Huh?” Jason asked confused.

“I sent David to watch after Ellie,” My father explain, “I told her to keep a close eye on her.”

“How do you know each other?” I sat up.

“His father is a good friend of mines. He introduced us while he was studying abroad in America.”

“What about your sister?” I asked.

“She didn’t know that I was there to protect you,” David spoke.

“The rest of your friends are outside of the hospital. I’ll go meet them and bring them back,” My dad left the room.

“What about you setting up Ellie and Key?” Honey asked David.

“If I didn’t do it..they wouldn’t have trust me,” David closed his eyes and sighed.

“What about the time you got her drunk?”

“I had to do it. I wouldn’t have gotten her drunk to put her in danger.”

“So the whole time she was safe? How do I know you’re telling the truth?” Honey asked.

“Think about it...Ellie has been living with me for weeks..even before we were together all the time. If I really wanted to hurt her, don’t you think I would have done it a long time ago? Why would I be so sloppy and leave so many clues around? You know I’m smarter than that.”

“You mean to tell me..” Jason started.

“That this whole time you’ve been trying to get us in on it?” Ethan finished.

“No not exactly. I only wanted you to find out where Ellie was.”

“What took you so long to call?”  Jason asked suspiciously.

“Don’t you understand? I purposely left clues in my house the day of Ellie’s kidnapping. I assume you didn’t even try to break in my house. That’s strange, because you knew I had Ellie.”

“That doesn’t answer my question. Why didn’t you call us earlier?”

“Because..I was afraid I was going to be caught. If I was caught, Ellie wouldn’t have had a chance to escape safely. I finally couldn’t take it anymore and risked it.”

“Next time, can you let us know that you’re really on our side?” Ethan said.

“HOLD UP!!!! It was YOU who took those pictures?!?! So it was YOU?!?!?” I exclaimed

“I’m sorry..if I didn’t..”

I rolled my eyes, “Whatever. I don’t even care anymore. Key acted like an towards me. Actually David thanks.”

Jonghyun, Minho, Key, Onew, and Taemin walked into the room.

“He’s here?!?” Minho raised his eyebrows in surprise.

“Don’t worry, it’s not what you think. What he HE doing here?” I pointed to Key.

“Hmm…Hey how about I explain the whole David situation outside to you guys,” Honey said trying to get me and Key alone.

Tch..I don’t want to be in a room with HIM.

Ethan, Minho, Onew, Taemin, Honey, and Jonghyun walked towards the door.

“Aren’t you coming Jason?” Honey peaked her head through the door.

“Nah, I’ll stay here.”

Honey grabbed Jason by the ear and pulled him out of the room, “Stop trying to listen in their private conversation!”

“Why are you here?” I was the first to talk, “I thought I was a .”

“I was wrong.”

“YOU’RE DAMN RIGHT YOU WERE WRONG!”

“I’m sorry.”

“YOU SHOULD BE SORRY!!!”

Key opened his mouth to say something but decided not to say it.

“You know what pissed me off the most?!? You didn’t even believe me you jerk!”

“How was I supposed to?! There was a picture.”

“YOU KICKED ME OUT OF THE DORM!!! AND YOU CALL ME A !!!”

“WHY DO YOU ALWAYS GET YOURSELF IN TROBLE?? WHAT WHOULD YOU DO IF IT WAS THE OTHER WAY AROUND?! WOULD YOU BELIEVE ME?” Key started to yell.

I felt the tears coming.

“I don’t know. I don’t know if I would believe you.”

“Don’t cry,” Key took his thumb and wiped away my tears, “I’m sorry. For everything.”

“Don’t touch me you jerk.”

“I love you.”

“I can’t believe you’re gonna make me say it.”

“Say what?”

“After all you put me through, I still love you too. You’re an idiot. And don’t think I’m not mad at you! I still want to punch your face in.”

Key hugged me tightly, “My Ellie is back!”

I tried to push him of off me, but that only made him hug me tighter. I gave in and hugged him back. I felt myself smiling. Once he pulled away I tried to look mad again.

“I saw that!”

“What?” I tried to sound innocent.

“Your smile.”

“Oh..that..well..pshh..it’s hard to stay mad at you. But on the INSIDE I’m so mad at you!”

“How mad?” A smile appeared on his face.

Really really really mad,” I stretched my arms out to show him how mad I was.

 “You’re that mad?” Key leaned towards my lips.

“Yes.”

“Really?” He was coming closer.

“Yes,” I started to lean towards him as well.

Key jerked his head away, “No you’re not.”

I felt myself turning red, “Yes I am!!”

“Then why were you trying to kiss me,” He smirked.

I took my pillow and threw it at Key, “Get out.”

 

Four Days Later.

Key came and spent the whole day with me. We listened to music, talked, watched tv, made weird faces at each other, we even drew pictures if each other. How old were we again? Almost 19 and 20? Yeah we’re so mature. Do you think we care? No!

The nurse came in and brought me lunch. It was basically chicken and vegetables. I ate the chicken but wasn’t in the mood to eat the salad. I noticed Key eying the salad.

“Eat it,” Key commanded me.

“No. I don’t want it.”

“You need to eat it.”

“Don’t tell me what to do! I’m not some kid! If I don’t want to eat it I’m not gonna,” I pouted.

“You act like a baby.”

“You act like a..”I tried to find the right words.

“A What?” Key questioned.

“Like...”

“Eat it!”

“You eat it!”

“No you!”

I took the plate and shoved it to him, “You can eat it! I’m going to order a cheeseburger.”

Key’s eyes grew large, “What?!? That’s not healthy!”

“I don’t care I want it!” I whined.

“You can’t eat bad food when you are trying to get better!”

“Key, I’m almost 19. I think I can choose what I want to eat!”

Honey opened the door with Jonghyun behind her, “You’re both arguing again?!”

“There is no day they don’t argue,” Jonghyun said.

“So should I order the cheeseburger? Yum, how about the taco? Or I can eat the pasta! So many choices. I should order dessert too! I want chocolate cake,” I looked through the menu.

“Salad!” Key said.

“They are hopeless. I give up!” Honey walked out of the room.

 

Two Days Later.

I got out of the bed and walked to the bathroom. I went infront of the mirror and lifted the my hospital dress up. There was a huge bandage on the right side of my stomach where the operation has been done. I traced the outline of the bandage with my finger.

That’s going to leave a mark..

“Ellie?” David called from outside the bathroom.

“Yeah?” I walk out of the bathroom. David was standing by the door with crutches.

“Is that where you got shot? In your leg?”

He nodded yes, “Your father is ready.”

“Ready? Ready to see me? You don’t have to announce his presence David,” I giggled.

David shook his head no, “That’s not what I meant. I mean that he is ready to leave.”

“Leave? When now? Right now? You mean..we’re leaving? No. He wouldn’t.”

“The nurse will be here in 10 minutes to you out of the hospital.”

“Ok David, this isn’t funny any more. Time to stop joking.”

“I’m serious. You, your father and I are leaving for Hawaii about now.”

“Hawaii?!?! What about Key and everyone else? I can’t just leave! I didn’t even tell anyone!”

“Text them.”

“That night..I was kidnapped! I don’t even know where my phone is.”

“You ready to go?” My dad stood at the doorway next to David.

“Dad, what is this? You can’t expect me to leave now!”

“If we stay any long we will miss our plane.”

“I’m not going. I’m staying here.”

“Elaina, get your things.”

“I’m not leaving.”

“Yes you are.”

“I can’t believe you’ll do this to your own daughter. You know I have a boyfriend.”

“You’re 18. You’re too young to know about true love.”

The nurse arrived to walked David and I out of the hospital.

“Get ready. I’ll meet you in the car,” My dad left the room.

 

AN:

 

Aww Ellie and Key are back together :)

Thank you for reading!