Classmate.

Dear Diary, My Life in Korea.

 Since I took so long to check in with my college, I lost my spot in their dorm. They were still willing to have me, but I just didn’t have a place to sleep. I had no other choice but to stay in the dorm with the boys until me and my father got everything figured out.

***

The beginning of the 2nd week in college.

“Yah! Wake up!” Someone shook me awake. It sounded like Key.

I moaned and pulled the covers over my head. He pulled the covers off my body and grabbed my arm.

“Get out of bed!”

“I don’t wanna!” I complained.

“You’re late.”

It hit me hard. I jolted up and ran to the bathroom.

“!! I’m late” I yelled running to the bathroom. While brushing my teeth I realized I forgot to bring my clothes to change in with me to the bathroom. I frantically ran back out to get my clothes. After I ran back into the bathroom I got changed and washed my face. I ran out the bathroom into the kitchen. I opened the fridge grabbed a piece of bread and put it in my mouth. I ran back into the living room and noticed all 5 of the guys were smiling, trying not to laugh.

“What’s so funny?” I asked shoving my feet into my flats and eating the bread at the same time.

Minho took out his cell phone and showed me the time. It said 7:00. I had to be at class by 8:30. I leave the dorm 8:10.

I took a deep breath.

“Key……we’re about to fight,” I walked towards him.

No matter how much I like him, I’m still not afraid to put him in his place. He will learn not to mess with my sleeping time. And food.

“Woah what she gonna do?” Jonghyun asked Key.

“I would run if I were you man,” Minho advised Key getting up from the couch.

I see Minho is smart.

“This will be fun,” Onew said getting up from the couch and moving behind me.

“Try not to beat him up to hard ok Ellie,” Taemin pleaded for Key’s life.

Key stood up like he was challenging me. His body was towering over mine. Like that was supposed to make me afraid of him.

“What are you gonna do?” A smirk appeared across his face. I was amusing him.

I pushed him hard. As he was falling back on the couch he pulled me with him. Once again I fell on top of him. I don’t know I’m starting to think…oh God no I can’t be thinking of stuff like that! Me and Key? Our relationship will never be romantic or anything like THAT!

I tried to push my body off his but this time he held on. Tightly.

“Don’t…” He whispered.

“…Key…” I was at a lost for words.

Jonghyun cleared his throat. That’s when reality kicked in.

I quickly jumped out of Key’s grip. I ran to grab my books and bag.

“Uh…..I..uh….have to go to school early to….uhh…..do something…study,” I lied and ran out of the dorm. I couldn’t stay in there after what happened. Not now at least. I know that Taemin, Minho, Onew, and Jonghyun are going to make a big deal out of it.

I arrived on the college campus by 7:50 I had about 40 minutes to kill. What was I going to do? I have nothing to study for; I’m up to date on my work….

 “ELLIE!!!” Someone shouted my name.

I turned around and saw Ethan with a two other guys with him. My eyes grew big out of disbelief.

“Ethan?” I stopped and waited for him and his friends to catch up. When they caught up to me we started to walk towards the entrance.

“Yeah, you never called,” He pretended to pout.

“Sorry…I accidently spilt juice over the number,” I lied. I didn’t want to tell him that Key didn’t like him.

“Naw, it’s cool. You go to this college??”

“Mhm, don’t tell me you go here too!!”

“Yup! How come I’ve never seen you around?”

“Oh…I try not to hang out that much,” I said. The truth was since I’m living with a famous Korean group I’m trying not to be noticed that much.

Ethan laughed, “What the ? Are you 90?  You should eat lunch with us.”  

“Us???” I question.

“Yeah, me, Jason, and David,” He pointed to himself first, then the two other guys.

“Are they American too or Korean??”

“I’m American,” Jason answered.

“I’m Korean,” David answered, “You’re in one of my classes.”

“I am? I don’t even remember seeing you,” I was a little embarrassed that I didn’t recognize on of my classmates.

“I sit at the back,” He smiled a little.

“Ohhhh….”

“How don’t you know your classmate?!? That’s why you should come to lunch! You can get to learn about your classmate,” Ethan joked but insisted.

“Shut up!” I laughed at his sarcasm, “..but I don’t think it’s a good idea for me to go to lunch with you guys,” I tried to escape from lunch with them.

“Why? We’re all nice people here. I’ll treat you,” Ethan offered.

Free food is hard to resist.

“Ok! I’ll come. Where do you want me to meet you?” I smiled.

“Outside by the entrance. Your classes will be over by 11:30 right??”

“Yeah, I’ll meet you here 11:30.”

“Alright. Remember Jason you’re treating Ellie so don’t spend all your money at the vending machines,” Ethan joked patting Jason on the back.

“The ?!?! You said you’re paying for her!! I’m not paying for your girlfriend!” Jason pulled away from Ethan’s hand, “Do you really wanna be going out with him?? He can’t even pay for your meal. What kinda boyfriend is that?” Jason asked me.

I knew he was kidding about me and Ethan being boyfriend and girlfriend. I laughed and played along.

“You can’t even pay for a meal? It’s over,” I laughed.

“I’m sorry baby…I’ll get a job for you,” Ethan joked.

“No. It’s over,” We all laughed together.

Spending time with them killed about 30 minutes so they took the last 10 minutes we had to walk me to class. After a few morning classes I met up with Jason and Ethan. David had some type of emergency so he couldn’t come. We eat lunch and joked a lot more. We all had so much fun together that we decided that we were going to eat dinner together after school was over. I didn’t mind it’s not like I have a life after school, plus they were going to pay for it.

“Were you guys friends before you came here?” I munched on a fry….more like stuff three in my mouth.

They looked at each other, “He’s not my friend,” Ethan joked.

“We’re second cousins,” Jason clarified, “You know I’m the only friend you got, don’t act like we don’t talk all night on the phone,” Jason continued the joke.

“What the ?!?! I’m not your boyfriend!”

“You couldn’t handle this even if you wanted to.”

I couldn’t stop myself from laughing.

The rest of the dinner went on like this. It was really refreshing to be with other people instead of the same group of people you were stuck in a dorm with. Don’t get me wrong, I love Jonghyun, Taemin, Onew, Minho……and Key, but every now and then I need to chill with other people.

After we ate dinner they insisted that they walked me back to the dorm. I wouldn’t allow it; if Key knew I was bringing people (especially Ethan) back to the dorm he’d kill me. So the most they walked me was back to the college.

I didn’t have a key to the dorm so I banged on the door and waited for about 2 minutes until someone answered. Jonghyun answered the door. A smile appeared across his face.

I’m in for it.  I know they’ve got something planned. I just don’t know what it is yet…

***

Me, Jason, and Ethan started hanging out more during lunch breaks and eating out more for dinner. I never told Key who I was with while outside the dorm. He didn’t have a clue. David would even come and hang out with us sometimes. Key was starting to get suspicious about me coming back to the dorm later. I think all the guys were becoming more suspicious about that.

***

In class we were assigned a project and we needed to pick a partner. I’m so glad David offered to be my partner because I’m horrible at finding partners. The next few days David and I worked on our project and presentations. Then that dreaded day came. The day when David had to come to my dorm. This was because I was careless and forgot something. I had no choice but to let David come back to the dorm with me. Even if it leads to my death by Key.

“Whose that?” Minho asked opening the door.

“My classmate David.”

Minho looked at him, “Why is he here?”

“To work on our project,” David and I walked into the dorm.

As we walked into the dorm, all eyes were on us. I tried to ignore them while David and I worked on our project. After David left, Key confronted me.

“Why is he here?”

“Because we need to work on our project,” I tried to walk away from him. I wanted to avoid the argument.

“What project?”

“Why do you care Key?”

Key grabbed my wrist. I stopped walking.

“What is he to you?”

“Why should I tell you? So you can destroy another relationship I have?”

“Relationship? He’s your boyfriend?” Key had an innocent look on his face.

“No. But that doesn’t mean you can try to stop me from talking to him.”

“Is he who you’re with after school?”

“Why the hell are you asking me so many questions?!?!” My voice got louder.

“Why are with him so much?” Key yelled back.

“What’s your problem?” I screamed.

“HIM!”

We were both getting frustrated with each other.

“What’s wrong with him?” I yelled.

“He’s always with you!!”

“Why do you care if me and him are together? Are you afraid I’m going to do something stupid? Is that it Key?”

“Yes and……”He started.

“And WHAT?!?”

“I…” He whispered.

“You what Key?” I yelled.

“I LIKE YOU!!!” He screamed.

So he does like me…I can't believe it.....

My heart dropped. We stood there staring at each other.

“Key……”

“I like you,” He repeated himself.

 

 

AN:

 

Haha Ethan and Jason are based off my friends. I was hanging out with them today so yeah that’s how they kinda popped into the story XD Sorry they curse a lot but as you can see they’re friendly :D

I’m itching to finish this story because I wanna start another so sorry if it goes by quickly. Trust me the drama hasn’t even started yet. It’s about to though. Anyway thanks for all those who comment and subscribed. You guys seriously inspire me. I’m very happy that you all are supporting me <333 T^T (my tears of joy lol)

 

Comment tell me what you think. I love hearing your opinions :))