Do You Want to Run Away With Me?

Dear Diary, My Life in Korea.

 

 

When I woke up the first thing I did was check to see if Key was still in my bed. I got up from the floor which I was sleeping on and glanced over to my bed. I was relived to see Key was still sleeping in my bed.

“Can’t wait till he wakes up. That’s when the real drama starts,” I said walking into the bathroom to brush my teeth.

While brushing my teeth I could hear movement from the other room. I quickly rinsed my mouth out and ran out of the bathroom. Key was sitting on my bed with a puzzled look on his face.

“What am I doing here? Why are you here?” Key pulled the covers off of his body.

“Key wait!” I tried to stop him.

“I have nothing to say to you,” Key headed towards the door.

“Don’t you want to at least know why I left 4 years ago?”

Key stopped, turned, and looked at me, “Make it quick.”

“Sit,” I pointed to the bed, “It’s a long story.”

“I don’t want to hear your excuses,” Key reached for the door knob.

“STOP!” I yelled, “If I don’t tell you, I’ll never be at peace with myself....and I know you want to know why.”

“The minute I hear bs, I’m leaving,” Key sat on my bed.

I nodded and sat on the floor.

“Key, you know I loved you right..I still do love you and I never intended to hurt you.”

“Just tell me!” Key said impatiently.

“That day, at the hotel, after I left you I went to see my father. It was there he told me I had an arranged marriage.”

“And you couldn’t have told me? You think running away from me will make things better Ellie? I thought you were smarter than that! We could have tried to stop it!”

“Will you be quiet for a minute Key? You think I would run away from you? I didn’t, I tried to get away, I tried everything I could to get to you.  My father wouldn’t even let me go back to my room. As soon as he told me, he forced me to go on a plane.”

“Why didn’t you call?”

“You don’t think I tried? You think it’s easy to find you? My dad cut off all contact with you.”

“You’re engaged right now?”

“Sadly.”

“When is it?”

“The wedding? It’s in August.”

“You don’t love him?”

“I don’t even like him.”

“Do you still love me?”

“You know I do Key.”

“Lets run away.”

I laughed, “Key we’re not teenagers anymore. I can’t do what I want.”

“But you don’t love him. Why are you going to force yourself to get married to him?”

“To make my dad happy.”

“The Ellie I knew would do things to make herself happy.”

I thought about it. He’s right, why should I get married to that creep. I can’t even stand to be in the same room as him for 5 minutes, how can I deal with him for the rest of my life?

“So you live in California right? I think the weather will be better than the weather in New York.” 

 

AN:

I will try to update more often from now on to finish this story soon.

:)

Thanks for reading

<33