I Love My Fiancé

Dear Diary, My Life in Korea.

 

4 Years Later.

I lazily walked out of bed.

8:49 AM

I’m late. Do I care? Not really.

After taking my shower and brushing my teeth I walked over to my closet.

“What to wear?” I grabbed the first thing my fingertips touch.

It was a royal blue knee length dress.

This will do.

I put it on then went to put on my makeup. I heard my phone vibrate on my dresser. I picked it up.

“Hello?”

“You’re late,” David said from the other side of the phone.

“I know I am.”

“How much longer?”

“10?”

“I’ll be waiting,” He hung up the phone.

I quickly finished getting ready then ran outside to meet David. He was sitting in his car waiting.

“You know your father hates it when you’re late,” David said as I stepped in the car.

“You act as if I care. I wish he would fire me. I don’t want to take over his business,” I put my seatbelt on.

“You have responsibilities.”

“Typical David,” I paused to play with the radio. Nothing good was on. “Trying to mold me into a perfect good girl.”

“You’re not 18 anymore. You’re 23 you have responsibilities.”

You’re right, and what do most 23 year olds do? Hang out with friends, live their life, not their parents or in my case, my father’s dream.

“If I wanted to hear that talk I would have gone to my dad.”

After that, David continued to talk, but of course all I heard was Blah Blah Blah.  I looked out the window until we reached the company building.

David and I walked out of the car into the building.

“Ready?” David straighten his shirt.

“Not really.”

We took the elevator to the top floor where this meeting I apparently had to go was. We walked into the room and took our seats around the round table.

“Looks like we aren’t even late,” I leaned back in the chair.

“Oh Elaina! I’m so glad to see you. I want to congratulate you on your engagement to Richard,” One of my father’s employer came up to me.

“Umm..thanks,” I manage to say.

“You’re so lucky to have such a good man like him,” She went on compliment Richard.

“You can have him if you want.”

“Oh Elaina you’re so funny!” She laughed and left the room.

“I was so serious.”

“Can you pretend you like your fiancé when you’re around other people,” David begged.

“Nope. He’s too much of an idiot for me to do that.”

A group of people came in and started to set up for the presentation we were having during our meeting. When they were finished a man in a dark green tuxedo made an announcement.

“We will now start the presentation.”

I would do anything to get out of this meeting.

 

READER’S P.O.V

Key was in his bed half asleep. He was mentally preparing himself for what he would have to do that day.

His house phone rang. Key groaned, rolled over to his night stand and picked up the phone.

“Hello,” He answered.

“Key~”

Key’s body jolted out of the bed when he realized who was calling.

“Jonghyun! I haven’t talked to you in two years. Are you living in Korea?”

“No. I live in Canada. Did you get our invitation?” Jonghyun replied in Korean.

“No. You’re having a big party?”

“Honey and I are getting married in two months.”

“Congratulations. Where?”

“Canada.”

“I’ll be there.”

 

ELLIE’S P.O.V

David, my father, my fiancé (I can’t stand him), and I met for lunch at a Greek restaurant. I can smell some other girl’s perfume all over my fiancé. What does he think that I’m stupid? I know he’s cheating on me. To be honest I really don’t care. I didn’t really cheat on him, but I can’t say I’m innocent. I’ve flirted with David a bunch of times. I would be lying if I said I didn’t like David.

“If you’re gonna cheat on me don’t be so obvious,” I whispered in Richard’s ear.

“Don’t ing tell me what to do,” He whispered.

“I’m glad you two are getting along just fine. I was afraid when we set up this arrange marriage, you would both hate each other,” My father said.

I smiled, “Oh dad, of course I would love Richard, what’s there not to love.”

Let’s see, he has an oversized ego, tries to control me, think he’s above me, yeah I’m in love.

After dinner we returned to our office. I don’t even know why I have an office, I don’t really do anything in here.

“David, Ellie, you both have mail,” the receptionist told us. She handed us our envelopes which were identical. I quickly opened mine to see what was inside.

“OMG! HONEY AND JONGHYUN ARE GETTING MARRIED!!!!!” I said loudly after reading the invitation.

“Do you want to go to the wedding?” David looked at me.                                                                 

“Hell yeah we’re going!”