No Way!

Dear Diary, My Life in Korea.

 

Richard was out that night getting drunk and probably sleeping around. But I didn’t really care. This wasn’t a love thing. It was a business thing. There’s not an hour when I don’t think about Key. There isn’t a minute where I don’t regret saying yes to Richard. There isn’t a second where I think about what me and Key could have been.

“What’s the date?” I said aloud to myself checking the calendar.

That’s strange..I haven’t had my period in about seven weeks. Am I late? No..the  last time was before I was with Key. Oh ! Am I pregnant? !!! We didn’t even have protected . Dammit! What am I gonna do? Alright Ellie, first thing, get a pregnancy test. You might not even be pregnant. Maybe you’re just extremely late. Yeah that’s it. I’m just really really really late.

I went to the closet pharmacy I could find and brought five  pregnancy tests. Just incase one, two, or even three of them were defective. I rushed back home, drank a lot of water, and took all five of the test.

Test One: Pregnant.

Test Two: Pregnant.

Test Three: Pregnant.

Test Four: Pregnant.

Test Five: Pregnant.

“This can’t be! They’re all defective!!”

I ran back over to the pharmacy and brought five more pregnancy tests. The cashier was looking at me like I was crazy. I rushed back home again, drank much more water than the first time, and took all five tests again.

Test Six: Pregnant.

Test Seven: Pregnant.

Test Eight: Pregnant.

Test Nine: Pregnant.

Test Ten: Pregnant.

“I’m..I’m pregnant,” I stated to tremble.

How was I going to explain this one? I needed to talk to someone. The first person to pop into my mind was Honey. I pulled the phone out of my pocket.

“Ellie?” Honey answered.

“I’m pregnant.”

“What?!”

“I’m pregnant.”

“Already?!? That was fast! I thought you didn’t like Richard.”

“Eww, please, I have standards. It’s not Richard’s. I never slept with him.”

“You’re ting me! It’s not Richard’s??”

“Please, just thinking about it makes me want to vomit!”

“Or maybe it’s the side effects of you being pregnant.”

“No trust me it’s the thought of me and Richard together like that.”

“So whose baby is it? Did you have a one night stand? Tell me all about it!”

“No I didn’t have a one night stand…it’s Key’s baby.”

“Key’s ?!?!”

“Yes Key!”

“Kim Kibum?!?!?”

“Yes Kim Kibum’s!!!”

“What are you going to do?“

“I don’t know Honey…I don’t know.”

“Are you going to get an abortion?”

“Hell no! I’m going to have it.”

The next thing I heard was somebody opening the bathroom door.

“You’re pregnant?!?” Richard asked.

“How did you-?”

“Know? I heard the whole thing.”

“Yes I am pregnant.”

“It’s his baby isn’t it?!?! “

“Yes..”

“Hello? Ellie? Are you ok?” I heard Honey asking.

“I’ll call you back later,” I hung up the phone.

“Get an abortion!”

“No!”                 

“You’re getting an abortion!!”

“It’s not even your decision! It’s between Key and I!! It’s our baby! Not yours!!!”

Richard punched the wall, leaving a hole in it.

“You’re my wife, you’re not walking around pregnant by someone else!!”

“I’m not killing my child because you said so.”

Richard grabbed a hold of my shoulders and shook me.

“Don’t be stubborn!”

“ you! I’m not killing my kid to please you, you bastard!!”

He pushed me hard against the well. I screamed in agony.

“You’re getting an abortion!” Richard walked out of the bathroom.

When I got my strength back, I got up and walked to my room.

I’m not going to allow myself to be treated this way…if not for me, then for the safety of my kid.

I went into my own room and packed enough clothes to last me a week. Then I went into Richard’s room to tell him I was leaving.

I open the door and saw some women on top of my ‘husband’.

“Ha, some loyal husband you are! Could you at least have enough respect for me to not bring her home? Whatever, I’m done. It’s your life, I honestly don’t care if you sleep with her,” I left before Richard could say anything.

I grabbed my keys and walked out the door. Once I got to the airport I walked up to the lady at the check in area.

“I need a ticket to California. The next plane please. I’ll pay whatever I need to pay.”

“Yes ma’am,” I handed her my credit card.  After she was finished, she handed me my ticket and card.

“Your plane leaves in two hours.”

“Thank you,” I walked away.

I started to feel really hungry.

“Maybe I should eat now..since I’m not only eating for myself anymore.”

I found a sandwich shop. By the time I got my order and found a place to sit, my cell phone went off. It was my dad.

.

“Hello Dad.”

“Where are you? Richard said you ran away!”

“Really? I didn’t think he would have time to call you, since he’s entertaining some random girl in his room.”

“Go home.”

“Hell no! I’m not going back there! He’s abusive.”

“If he’s yelling at you, send him to counseling.”

“I’m pregnant!! I don’t feel safe there.”

“You are?”

“Yes dad I am. It’s not Richard’s either! It’s Key’s. Richard wants me to get an abortion.”

“Go home and work it out. That’s what marriages are all about. Working things out. Tell him you want to keep it.”

“I’m not going home! I’m sorry dad, but I’m leaving Richard. If you want to disown me, do it. But I’m about to be a parent and I have to do what best for my child now,” I hung up the phone and turned it off.

I poked my stomach, “Thank you for giving me the strength to stand up to my dad little one. I can’t wait till you get here,” I smiled.

I wonder if it’s a girl or boy.

 

AN:

This was supposed to be the end...but after I thought about it, I decided it would be horrible to end it this way. So yes, I'm going to write one more chapter. But I also want your opinions. Should Ellie have a girl or a boy?

:)