I Just Realized...

Surprising Encounters

Shin Hye was like parcatically jumping around in the living room with pure happiness. As if you could see her shining with happiness while I'm here feeling gloomy. Am I that unattractive? well I did have guys asking me out but to tell you the truth I'm unlucky when it comes to guys. since in my grade school till high school I've always attracted weird guys and they didn't even have passable looks, I'm sorry I don't want to be mean but that's the truth. I would reject them everytime but they would still come after me they were like stalker-ish I guess. But since I moved in Korean they couldn't contact me any longer. That was huge relief for me. But now because of  Shin Hye's comment just now. It keeps on ringing in my head. 'Well, I should've known that Yoochun-ssi will never date you. what was I thinking? I knew his type were well kind of like me.' her words kept on repeating in my head. Like her? well some guys like Yoochun may like the simpler girls maybe like me? I let out a deep sigh. I had a worried expression now. I looked at the sliding door's glass at the terrace. I kept on looking at my face. should I get a nose job? Make my chin smaller? I let out another sigh. Ahhh!!! Jang Mi An what are you even thinking? When you were 18 just having braces was a horror for you. What more going under the knife? I would pee in fear just imagining it gives me goosebumps. Well at least I have nice teeth. I like my smile the most and that's the only thing I like about my face.

"Ya! Mi An-ah, so how are you going to help me?" Shin Hye grabbed my shoulders and she looked ecstatic. her hair was in a loose bun and she was wearing a bat wing shirt and some shorts. Even just looking simply like that she looked georgeous.

"I don't really know...you tell me, I'll just do what you're planning." I answered back without thinking much since I was too absorbed with my own problem. My appearance.

Shin Hye clapped her hands together, like she had a marvelous idea. Her eyes were shining bright now.

"I know, you can ask Yoochun to have coffee with us when he is free." She said smiling and giggling. even her laugh are cute and her smile too. She's the perfect girlfriend/wife material. Well I could be the wife material too since I graduated studing Hotel and Restaurant Management. I know my course is far from my work right now. But Shin Hye's cooking is much better than mine so I lose again.

I just nodded in response to her idea. I smiled too so that she won't feel I'm a bit down right now. I don't want to spoil her happiness right now. After listening to her gushing about Yoochun we finally agreed that it was so late and it's time for us to sleep it was already 1:00 am and I'm feeling really dreained after today's encounters. I went to my room and took my towel to take a shower, after doing my usual routine before sleeping, I finally lied down on my bed. 

I kept on thinking how amI supposed to hide my personal feelings and be just friends. then I remembered the kiss I gave Yoochun on the cheeks. and I remembered what he said. 'Are you really sure we should just be friends?' his words is now playing in my head. and I remembered clearly how he said that. it was in a teasing tone and he had a pretty sly smile. which went with his face perfectly. I burried my face into my pillow. Jang Mi An just go to sleep already I thought to myself. Stop thinking about those kind of things, I should just erase everything that happened between me and Yoochun.

I heard my alarm ringing so loud. believe it or not my wake up call until now is Shinee's Etude wake up call. What? it's nice. and surprisingly I really do wake up when I hear Key's voice. It was 6:00 am, I finally took a bath and got ready for work but first I would pass by the orphanaged. I'll just commute since I already got used to it. And I only ride with Shin Hye when there's a show to be filmed. And that's the only days I'm not able to visit the Children. Finally I arrived at the playground but to my surprise Yoochun was there. He was playing with Ye Eun, the little girl who was very timid towards stranger is smiling happily with him.  Ugh I have a weakness to guys with kids. Jang Mi An take a deep breath you're friends now. Finally I went in the playground and the kids went running to me even Ye Eun let go of Yoochun's hand and went to me.

I hugged all of them. Well almost all of them. Then Miss Lee approached me with a warm smile.

"Ah..Mi An-ah how was yesterday's filming did it go well?" her voice sounded so sweet and motherly that I always felt at ease when telling her my problems and when I feel down. She knows me to well that sometimes it's scary. 

"Yes." I responded nodding and smiling. Then Yoochun approached behind Miss Lee.

"Um...Good Morning." He said raising his hand, like saying he's here.

"Oh! Good Morning." For some reason I think I smiled brightly as I said good morning. 

Then I could see Miss Lee eyeing us bothe and she moved away from the middle and took my shoulder and his shoulder and made us stand close to each other. We both looked at each other surprised by her action.

"Aigoo...You look good with each other." she said smiling brightly. Then Ye Eun approached us and held both our hands smiling. This made Miss Lee have both her hands on her lips.

"Aigoo, you really look good with each other and I can imagine you two being with children." Miss Lee said in a delighted voice. 

I looked at her surprised by her comments and actions. She wasn't usually like this when Minho would visit sometimes. Maybe because Minho was too feminine to start with. 

"We do don't we ajumoni?" He asked brightly while playing with Ye Eun's hand. I wanted to punch him this instant he's making this hard on me. Trying to avoid my feelings.

"Yes Yes you do." She said smiling brightly again. These two are torturing me. Help.

The other Volunteers finally arrived and played with the other kids. These kids are mixed some has autism and other were just simply abandoned by their parents.

We played with Ye Eun and the other kids, I would usually play with the ones with autism since they don't have playmates at times. there are about five of them who has autism. Ye Eun is one of them.

I played with Ye Eun, Jung Min, Joon, Mi Na, and Ki Bum. they're the kids with autism. Ki Bum would always give me a bite of his cupcake. He always has one everryday since Miss Lee knows how much he love his cupcakes since he first tried one he's been attach to it. Joon is I can say is quite talented for an 8 year old he plays the piano, He loves the piano very much and he's an amazing pianist for me since he knows how to make his own melody. Mi Na on the other hand is quite artistic, She sketched unique pictures with nature as her inspiration she mostly loves sketching with birds in it. She's about 10 years old and yet she looks like 7. Jung Min loves inventing things with blocks and the Lego blocks I gave him. He's pretty talented he doesn't need a manual when doing it. He mostly reminds me of my younger brother who loves building with Lego Blocks. Ye Eun is a sweet little girl she's artistic too just like Mi Na they just have their different styles of art.

After playing with the kids for an hour, I had to go to work. I said my good byes with the kids. and I said good bye to Miss Lee too. As I was about to get out of the playground Yoochun grabbed my arm. 

"Let me give you a ride, we're friends after all." He said dragging me to his car after he waved at the kids and at Miss Lee.

I looked back and I could see Miss Lee laughing and the other volunteers too.

As we both was in the car, I was giving him glares. Yoochun finally noticed and looked at me like he can't sense my anger right now.

"Hmmm...what?" He looked at me with innocent eyes.

"What were doing there?" I finally asked but my voices didn't sound annoyed but curious instead.

"Why? aren't I allowed to visit them too?" He pretended to look hurt.

"Well no." Well it's not like he's not allowed to visit the children. so I just stayed quiet for awhile then remembered Shin Hye's request.

"Um, Can we have coffee with you when you're free?" I was anticipating so much that he would say yes.

"Well, I'm not free right now. Give me your number so that I could inform you when I'm free." He said smiling handing his phone to me.

I took it and inputted my number and gave it back to him.

"Honey."

"Honey?" I repeated what he said.

"I named you 'Honey' in my contacts why?" He said giving me a look to annoy me.

"Seriously? ya! change it to my name." What is wrong with him seriously.

"No. and for me you're my 'Ho-ney'" He even stick his tongue out like a little kid. He was being childish but I couldn't argue with him for long since we already arrived. 

"You better change that or else you're dead." I said before getting out. As I was about to shut the door he stick his tongue out. I shut the door instead than argue with him longer. Why is he being so childish? As I got out I see my co-workers looking at me. Minho and Minji approached right away.

"Wasn't that Park Yoochun's car?!" both asked un unison. AHHH! early in the morning I'm already having a headache.