019

What's Your Secret?

 

 

 

Hyungwon flexed his neck as he followed Changkyun into the garage, the guards had rolled up the doors for them.

“He’s asleep.” He heard Changkyun comment as they got inside, Hyungwon’s eyes went to the table, there was a wallet and a phone on it.

“What did you get?” Hyungwon asked one of the men, the male was about to reply when he noticed the blood on the floor.

There was an alarming amount of it too.

“What happened here?” Changkyun spoke.

“I asked to keep him alive.” Hyungonw said as his eyed flitted to the male from last night. The idiot who had Jungah on knifepoint.

“It wasn’t us. Young master Son was here last night.”

Changkyun leaned down to check on the male’s breathing, he was beaten to a pulp. Both of his eyes were swollen, and it seems like one of his legs were broken.

“I heard he was the man who wanted to hurt the young miss?” One of the guards spoke, Hyungwon nodded back at him, he picked up the bloodied knife on the floor.

“This is his, right?”

“Yes, sir. Young master Son used that on him last night as well.”

Hyungwon shook his head, he tossed the knife on the table. Changkyun was going through the man’s cellphone.

“He’s not from around here, hyung. Could he be..someone’s errand man?” Changkyun said, and then he paused.

“Why?”

“There’s chat room. This i—isn’t good.” Changkyun shooko his head, Hyungwon looked at the screen and he halted.

“Look at the number of group members is this chat room.” Changkyun muttered under his breath, and then went through the messages. There were at least ten photos of Jungah, some screenshots of her work and home address.

“Oh no.” The youngest muttered, Hyungwon let out long sigh and glanced at the unconscious male again.

“Someone’s been spreading information about her. They’re going to use her against us, hyung.”

“They see her as a weakness. Our weakness.” Hyungwon scoffed, he leaned down and kicked the man’s gut, the latter coughed and his eyes opened.

“Have they met Jungah?” Hyungwon said before leaving the garage.

 

 

 

“Really? The whole party?” Jungah said as she walked through the doors, her guard smiled at her. She was eyeing the white Land Rover that was assigned to her, but today, it was flanked by two black Mercedes Benz sedans.

“With what happened last night, young miss, we have to be careful.” The male said as he guided her to the car, but something caught her eye.

“Baby Joo,” She spoke, Jooheon and Shownu turned to her. The two were talking to their men, the guards gave her a polite bows as she walked towards them. Jungah smiled and gave them a wave.

“I thought I was the one last to leave for work.” She said to him, Jooheon grinned at the girl.

“We have some stuff to discuss, princess.”

“Is it the guy from last night?” She asked, her eyes went to Shownu and the band-aid on his cheek.

“Yes and among other things.” Jooheon replied, the girl scrunched her nose, she glanced at the cars assigned to her again. Shownu followed her gaze, his brows went up.

“Aren’t you going to be late? I’ll take you to work today.” He offered, Jooheon paused at the older male’s words.

“Will that add another two cars to my fleet?” Jungah muttered, Shownu smiled and shook his head.

“No, just one car.”

“As in, the one you’re driving and another~”

“Just one, the one I’m driving. Why? Are you questioning if I can protect you?” Shownu said as his Audi lit up.

“This sounds like a trap, should I just go with my hyungnims?” Jungah whispered to Jooheon, the latter laughed.

“I think you should take the offer, princess. He’s being nice. A rare occasion.”

Shownu ignored the two and he walked towards his, he nodded at the guards and they pulled back.

“I should. Anyway, lunch later?” She asked him, Jooheon nodded back and walked her to the car.

“I’ll call you. Take care, princess.” Jooheon opened the door for her and she slid inside the car. Jungah leaned back on her seat as the car moved forward.

“How are you feeling?” Shownu asked her.

“I’ve decided on a life skill, like Baby Chae mentioned.” She spoke, he grew amused and nodded.

“What is it?” Shownu said as they reached the main road.

“I saw Wonho oppa sharpening some blades, can I learn that instead? It seems the..lesser evil.”

“Knife-throwing, is it?” He glanced at her, the girl pursed her lips and nodded back.

“It sounds..better than shooting people, or..fighting.” She mumbled, Shownu smiled at her. The girl paused and blinked at him.

“You think I’m joking.”

“No.” He replied, Jungah rolled her eyes at him.

“I just thought..you’d choose something else.”

“Like what? Drive like Jooheon? No, thanks. I already know how to do that.” She shot back.

“How about Kendo? I can teach you, it can be helpful. There’s taekwondo too, if you’re uncomfortable with me, the guards can~”

“I’m not, you’re not uncomfortable. Throwing knives seem interesting, that’s all, oppa. But, if you really want me to try tossing you around, okay.” She replied, Shownu glanced at her again and nodded.

“Okay, did you tell Wonho about this already?”

“Yes, we have a date this weekend.”

“Good. With knives?” Shownu was playful, the girl nodded back in reply.

“With knives.”

 

 

 

Kihyun paused, his pen hovered over the document he was signing.

“Yes?”

His mother glanced at him, offended that he seemed to be not listening to her.

“Were you even listening?” She sighed at her son.

“I was..I heard you, but, eomma…Did you tell uncle about this? What about Jungah?” He asked as he finished his signature and put his pen down, Mrs. Yoo was enjoying some tea in her son’s office.

“What’s there to talk about? Don’t they like each other?” Mrs. Yoo said with a chuckle, Kihyun blinked slowly.

“I..I don’t know. Wonwoo was away for quite some time, and Jungah…Jungah is Jungah. Nobody knows what’s in her head.”

“Well, I don’t see the problem here. Wonwoo’s the perfect match for her, and, that boy has always liked her. I don’t see Jungah pushing him away too.”

Kihyun’s eyes went to his secretary who was arranging some files on his desk, the male slightly shook his head.

“And, I don’t think Jungah’s seeing anyone, right now. Well, with you boys always prowling around her, I doubt she can.”

“It’s for her safety, eomma. You know that.” Kihyun murmured, he picked up his phone and texted the girl.

“How is she by the way? Tell her I’d like to see her, invite the boys too. It would be nice to catch up, and!” She suddenly grew excited.

“Invite Wonwoo too, it’ll be like a set up, but not so obvious, right?”

Kihyun grimaced, but his mother hissed at him.

“I—I’ll tell the guys, and..well, Jungah’s living at the manor now, so..she’ll know as well.” Kihyun replied, Jooheon would not like this setup.

Changkyun too.

The guys didn’t seem to like Wonwoo that much.

“Well, it’s set then. I’ll call Wonwoo later.”

“Y—Yes, sure, eomma.” Kihyun replied, he leaned back on his seat and glanced at his laptop.

 

 

 

“Candles.” Jungah murmured as Shownu eased into her street, she spotted the black SUV parked outside the gate and she eyed the male beside her.

“It’s just for safety precautions, Changkyun installed another set of security systems.” Shownu replied, his forehead creased briefly and Jungah didn’t miss that action.

“Did you get something out of that guy from last night?”

“Hmm.” Shownu replied, Jungah nodded, not wanting to push him to talk. She reached for the door handle.

“I’ll just get my candles. I’ll be quick.” She said to him, she slid down and paused when she also heard Shownu step down from the car.

“Noona,”

The girl spun around, Wonwoo was walking towards her.

“Oh, hey. I didn’t know you were coming over.” She smiled at him, Wonwoo nodded b akc at her, his eyes went to the male behind the girl.

“You…left early today?” Wonwoo asked her, Jungah blinked at him before replying.

“Actually, no, I slept at…Kihyun oppa’s. Something went wrong with the house’s..plumbing.” She replied.

“Kihyun hyung didn’t drive you work today?” Wonwoo said, Shownu walked towards the house and the other male paused when he noticed the gates opened when he typed in the code on the wall.

“He’s busy. What brings you here?”

“He can get in your place, noona?”

Jungah followed his gaze, Shownu was in her garden, talking with one of the men inside.

“Kind of.” She said with a small unsure smile, Wonwoo nodded and buried his hands in his pockets.

“I was wondering if you wanted to grab breakfast before heading to work, I can drive you myself.” Wonwoo offered, he pointed to his car across the street.

“I already ate, and,”

“Then, I can drop you off at the mall. It’s on the way to my office, and, eomma did ask me to check on you. I don’t want to get yelled at.”

“Jungah, candles.” Shownu said from the gates, the girl nodded and walked towards him.

“Should I just have these delivered at the house?” Shownu asked her, he could feel Wonwoo’s gaze on them.

“That makes sense. Please don’t say anything to him.” She said, Shownu nodded at her.

“Noona? Are you good? I can drive her to work.” Wonwoo walked over to them, he was looking at Shownu.

“That..sounds great.” Jungah replied, Wonwoo’s eyes went to her, but the girl wasn’t looking at him. Shownu turned his head and gave the girl a small nod.

Wonwoo’s forehead creased, was she asking for permission from him?

“I have a few calls to make. You should go first.” He spoke, Jungah grinned, she walked back to his car and got her purse.

Wonwoo chewed on his inner cheek and unlocked his car, Jungah walked after him, but the girl paused when Shownu called her.

“Jungah,” He walked towards them, Jungah glanced at the male.

Wonwoo rolled his eyes to himself and got inside the car. Shownu opened the passenger seat for her before speaking.

“Don’t forget, you have a date with Jooheon later.” He said with a small smile as he gestured for her to get inside, he met Wonwoo’s gaze briefly before closing the door on them.

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++