040

What's Your Secret?

 

 

 

Shownu leaned against the wheel as he watched the house down the street, his eyes studied the two men constantly patrolling the garden, he could see their silhouettes through the grills. He drummed his fingers on his lap, as he studied the three-story abode with interest and disgust.

The Jeons lived in a sizeable property just a few minutes away from Seoul, it wasn’t a gated community, but all the homes around the area were huge with sprawling lawns.

His forehead creased and he slowly leaned back in the Audi’s seat, Shownu didn’t flinch when the passenger door opened, and a grinning someone occupied the seat next to his.

“I was told Jeon Wonwoo got in hours ago, why are you still here?” Wonho asked as he made himself comfortable. Shownu didn’t reply, but the other male could sense something was off with his friend.

“Kill him yet? I’ll take that as a no.” Wonho muttered to himself, he looked at the house, he pursed his lips in confusion. It was easy to get in the property and throw Wonwoo a party.

“What is it?” He finally asked, Shownu glanced at him, his brows scrunched up together as if trying to come up with what to say.

“Since..the beginning, she’s always asked me to be niec to him. I just..remembered that.” One Dot softly said.

“So?”

“He’s…good for her. He’s the…better option.”

Wonho went silent for a few seconds, stunned.

“We just spoke about him bruising her, because he wouldn’t let go when she asked to be. And he’s the better option?”

“You know what I mean. I’ll only..destroy her, taint her name and~”

“She probably doesn’t care about that, and you and I both know those things don’t matter.” Wonho pointed out as he took out a French fry from his coat pocket, Shownu didn’t want to know where his friend got it.

“Just..tell her. Or at least make her feel it? She’s always been comfortable around you. And surprisingly, you let her.” He popped another fry in his mouth, Shownu’s eyes went to his friend.

“What are you talking about?”

“You let her be comfortable around you. I’ve never met a girl call you out on your , use your full name randomly and tease you when you’re in a foul mood. So,” Wonho said with a smile.

“Just tell her you like her. Please. I'm begging you.”

Shownu sighed and kicked him out of the car.

 

 

 

Jungah looked around before hopping towards the kitchen, she glanced at the wall clock and grimaced. It was one forty-five in the morning, and she couldn’t sleep.

“This isn’t good.” She said under her breath as she walked to the fridge and started taking food out, the Yoo girl wanted a sandwich.

“What is?” A voice suddenly said, Jungah jumped and almost dropped the cheese, she turned and found Shownu smiling at her.

“Snacks at this hour. Sandwich?” She raised the cheese; the older male nodded and draped his coat over one of the stools.

“Do..I want to know where you came from? Or nah?” She teasingly said as she took out some bread. Shownu rolled his eyes at her and started cutting some tomatoes.

“Earlier, Baby Chae kept on asking me about Wonwoo. I..dont have to be worried, right?”

“He did hurt you. And you did ask him to let you go. And Hyungwon’s good at holding grudges.” Shownu stated, he his cheeks in, not meeting her gaze.

“I just…It bothers me, you know.”

“What?” Shownu walked across the kitchen to get some plates.

“He’s cousins with Rowoon, his father and Kim Donghee are siblings.” She stated as she started to heat the ham on a skillet.

“Are..you worried he might get hurt?” Shownu carefully asked, Jungah faced him, she was frowning.

“Uhm, no.” Her quick reply made Shownu’s brows go up. And then he saw it, something must have happened earlier. Jungah looked uncomfortable talking about Wonwoo, and it felt like she was angry.

“They are family. I don’t think he would hurt his own nephew, but what..what if, oppa?” She asked as she took the ham and started distributing them over the bread, Shownu stood beside the girl, confused.

“What if he’s part of it?” He continued for her, Jungah slowly nodded back, she wasn’t even surprised that he could follow her trail of thought.

“And it bothers me that..I kept my relationship.. friendship with him despite your warnings. And, what if…I just brought everyone closer to danger?” She exhaled and carefully put the bread down. Shownu turned to her, and gingerly opened his arms to the girl. Jungah sighed before walking into his arms.

“You don’t have to worry about that, and we aren’t even certain about his involvement yet. Changkyun did check him before, he’s clean.”

“Still,~”

“I respect that he’s always been your friend, Jungah. We all do. We still do.” He said gently, the girl exhaled and wrapped her arms around his waist.

“So, if I hang out with him, it’s okay? Despite him being Kim Donghee’s nephew?”

“Yes, if you want to.” Shownu chuckled, sensing the shift in her mood. The girl buried her face into his chest and exhaled.

“Honestly, I wouldn’t, I don’t know how to deal with him yet.” She said, her voice coming out muffled, Shownu only smiled and kissed the side of her head.

 

 

 

Mrs. Yoo furtively glanced around before rushing towards the lady who was already seated at one of the tables, the latter looked up as soon as she reached her.

“Come, sit!” Her friend urged her, both women chuckled and bent their heads together.

“Well? Well? What did you get?” Mrs. Son asked as she pushed the menu towards her friend.

“My son wouldn’t say anything, but, I spoke with the guards.”

Mrs. Son’s smile grew wider and she clasped her hands together..

“They said that from the beginning Jungah has always been a handful, she..wouldn’t really follow protocol. And that got on your son’s nerves a lot.”

Hyunwoo’s mother smiled and nodded.

“However, those two have always clicked. Apparently, our family’s only girl doesn’t even bat an eye when Hyunwoo’s…not in a great mood. Which, I believe, the girl doesn’t even flinch when her grandfather starts yelling.” Mrs. Yoo chuckled to herself.

“I did speak with our people too, Hyunwoo switched cars right after she complained having difficulty getting in and out of them. And, do you know how many meetings he’s moved just because she suddenly called? It’s…coming from my son who’s always been so focused with work, that’s..something.”

Their platter of cookies and biscuits arrived, Mrs. Son was smiling to herself as she poured some coffee for her friend.

“They are a good match, I..I didn’t see it coming, but…at that party,” Kihyun’s mother trailed off, her friend looked at her.

“She leans towards him.” She finished.

“Do you think she knows about the necklace? Or was my son being sneaky and just asked her to wear it without explaining?”

Mrs. Yoo tilted her head, the sapphire and diamond choker piece looked stunning on her niece. And it also sent a discreet message.

“Didn’t you wear that at your wedding? I remember that piece.” Mrs. Yoo said.

“It’s a family heirloom, Hyunwoo’s grandmother gave it to me the night before the ceremony. I…I’m surprised that he brought it out again. I give it to him years ago, and he didn’t really seem to care for it.” Mrs. Son murmured as she took a quick sip of her coffee.

“They are a good match.” Mrs. Yoo said with a grin.

“Does the chairman approve of it?” Mrs. Son asked with a worried smile.

“Why wouldn’t he? It’s those two we should worry about.”

 

 

 

“Well, they love you.” Kihyun said as he gestured for his cousin to go first. Jungah sighed at him and stepped out of the elevator. The two had just attended one of the quarterly directors’ meetings and everyone wanted to say hi to the new “big boss”.

“You said it would be easy, oppa.”

“It is, you’re just overthinking it. No one expects you to get it right away, princess. You just got here.” Kihyun said as they walked down the hall, employees would greet them as they passed by.

“I just…I don’t know, so many eyes.”

“It’s their first time meeting you, things will get better.” He squeezed her hand before parting ways, Jungah watched as Kihyun enter his office. The girl made her way towards his office and halted when she saw her grandfather inside.

“Halbae,” She broke into a smile as she walked towards the elder, the latter chuckled before enveloping her in a tight hug.

“I would have gotten here faster if you sent someone to get~”

“It’s fine, I was just passing by. Come, let’s sit.” The elder said, Jungah chuckled and took the seat across him, she leaned down and carefully poured some tea for him.

“Are you here to talk about work?”

“No.” Chairman Yoo replied, his grandchild paused.

“Oh.” She blurted out and carefully took a sip from her cup, her grandfather was smiling at her, and that made her worry.

“I wanted to talk about the party.”

“Ah, halbae, we had to leave because~”

“Oh, I know. I’ve been informed. But, I wanted to talk about another thing,” He crossed his legs, Jungah nodded along.

“I’m sure Wonwoo mentioned what he....discussed with me.”

Jungah’s frown instantly appeared and she shifted on her seat, the younger male had been calling her since last night and she was already deciding whether to block him.

“Halbae, I~”

“I’m not telling you what to do, but I don’t think it’s a good fit.” The male said with a shrug. Jungah blinked at her grandfather, a little weirded out by his statement.

“Okay, halbae.” She murmured.

“You’re mad.” He said, Jungah set her tea down.

“I don’t like how he…he discussed things like that with you, and..he’s way too ahead of things. I..I haven’t even spoken to him.”

“What do you mean?”

“He…told me about..certain feelings he has, halbae. Please don’t ask me to elaborate.” She grumbled as she toyed with her watch, the elder smiled and nodded.

“And you’re uncomfortable about it?”

“I am, but halbae, I don’t want to hurt him. He’s…still someone I grew up with..” She trailed off, the elder slowly nodded along.

“If he made you feel like that, then maybe it’s best to not talk to him yet.” Mr. Yoo pointed out and put his tea down.

“Like I said, princess. Not a good fit.” He spoke again.

“You don’t approve of him?” Jungah grew intrigued, his grandfather snorted before speaking.

“Meh.”

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++