001

What's Your Secret?

 

 

 

“What?” The girl stood up from her seat, her eyes as wide as saucers.

“We just got their call, they might be coming in late.”

“But the event is tomorrow!” She frowned as she stepped out of her cubicle, she waved two of her juniors to follow her.

“Not a single day of just pure calm.” She murmured as they rushed for the elevators, her two colleagues sighed.

“If we get the decorations late, sunbae, does that mean~”

“Yes, we have to work tonight. Until dawn, or whatever.” She muttered as she pulled her cardigan closer to her, the three ladies got inside the elevator.

“It’s a big opening too, it’s one of those designer labels and their huge parties.” She said with another sigh, the doors opened and they stepped out. The three Galleria Department Store employees headed for the mall’s staff entrance.

“No deliveries?”

“For your department, manager Chang? None.” The staff spoke, the girl shook her head.

“Can you go and give them a call? At least have them move up their delivery schedule? Or, offer that we can have them picked up in an hour.” The young manager spoke, the two nodded and headed off.

“Rough day, Jungah?”

Manager Chang looked up and broke into a smile, it was their storeroom head.

“You have no idea, sunbae.” She said to the male, he grinned before going back to his office, Jungah was about to head back to the mall when her phone started to ring. She looked at the screen and smiled.

“Attorney,” She said, the elder chuckled from the other end.

“Are you busy, daughter? How about lunch?”

“Today?” She grimaced as she reached the mall’s main area, she lingered around the perfume area and greeted the sales staff with familiarity.

“Why? Do I need to make an appointment to have lunch with you?”

“No, it’s just…Nevermind. Where are we eating?”

“I made reservations, it’s the one near you. That Italian place your auntie mentioned.”

She paused, trying to remember that restaurant’s name.

“Okay, I’ll be there later, appa.”

“Should I send the car for you?”

“Don’t. It’s just a few blocks, I’ll walk.”

“It’s windy out, daughter.”

“I like wind.”

“Well, not when you’re wearing a skirt.”

“Appa, please go back to doing your job, while I do mine.” She mused at him, the elder laughed before ending the call, but not before reminding her to be careful and to enjoy the rest of her day.

 

 

 

Kihyun grimaced as the male tried reach for his throat, he could hear their men muttering curses as they tried to clean up the place.

“What did hyung say? Shall we finish them?” Changkyun asked, he was stationed by the computer at the warehouse’s makeshift podium, he had successfully disarmed the person who sitting earlier and tied the male to the chair.

“Nothing yet. Hyungwon!” Kihyun hollered as the male he was battling grabbed on his shirt, a soft thud was heard and he plopped on the ground, blood oozing from the center of his chest.

“I told you to wait for me.” The tall male said in his usual bored tone as he leapt down from the steps, he sighed and cocked his handgun again, he was checking the time as he raised his other arm, two silent shots were heard and two of the men they were fighting fell down.

“Young master Yoo!”

Kihyun kicked the man’s shin and walked towards one of their men, they were standing near a table that was filled with items.

“What’s that?” Hyungwon joined him and hid his gun on the waistband of his dark jeans, he paused before opening one of the briefcases, Kihyun’s eyes widened. There were photos and other personal files of a familiar person inside. It was someone they closely worked with.

“Hyung! I think you have to see this.” Changkyun called, the two older males glanced at him and he turned the laptop so that they could see.

“It’s him. You’re uncle.”

“What shall we do, sir?”

Hyungwon chewed on his lower lip and looked at Kihyun, things had just changed, big time. Kihyun glanced around them, his brows rose.

“It’s too empty.” He spoke, their men glanced at each other.

“What do you mean?” Changkyun brought the laptop to them, he paused, seeing the papers on the table.

“Why do they all have these data on him? What are they trying to do?” The youngest asked, Kihyun started walking around the room, he moved chairs and the boxes inside, he froze.

“They’re playing us.” He stated, he looked at the men lying on the ground. Hyungwon exhaled and gestured for their people to gather the items on the table.

“They lured us here and had us think that the goods they stole from us…were brought here, but no.” Kihyun ran his fingers through his hair, he took out his phone.

“Check the perimeter, and run the plates of the two cars outside.” He instructed, their men nodded.

“Changkyun-ah, how long till you can hack into that computer?”

“Give me two minutes.” He said as he rushed back to the table, Hyungwon started dragging one of the men he had shot towards the doors.

“You have to call the office. It seems serious.”

“I know.” Kihyun said as he took out his phone and walked out of the warehouse.

 

 

 

“Changkyun went with Kihyun. Hyungwon joined them too.” Wonho said as he walked in the room, the male looked up from his coffee.

“What do you think?” Wonho asked, they looked up as Jooheon strolled inside the room with a box of donuts with him.

“No one’s seen Han Jisoon for weeks.” Shownu spoke and leaned back on his seat.

“What about the goods, hyung?” Jooheon asked as Wonho asked for a donut, Shownu exhaled and crossed his arms.

“I don’t know, it better not show up somewhere we don’t control. We don’t want the media to see it.”

“What about the police?”

“Minhyuk went to meet the chief today, they did say they would help us. In return,” Shownu gave them a meaningful smile.

“What is it now? Child molesters? Or voice phishing scammers?” Wonho shook his head and poured himself a cup of coffee.

“It’s the same thing. We take care of the things they can’t.” Shownu stood up from his seat and walked towards the windows.

Jooheon was about to leave the room when his phone pinged, his eyes widened.

“Hyung,”

The two older males turned to him.

“Take a look at this.”

Wonho walked towards the male and he took a look on the photo on the screen, he turned to Shownu.

“What is~” Shownu halted when his phone started to ring, his brows went up, seeing Kihyun’s name.

“Kihyun-ah,” He answered and walked over to the two, he paused as Kihyun started to speak and he looked at the photo on Jooheon’s phone.

“Okay, I’ll take care of it. Did Hyungwon finish them?” Shownu said, his forehead creased and his jaw clenched.

“No, I’ll meet him now. And, call the airport. The jet should be ready in half an hour.”

Wonho and Jooheon grimaced as they started putting on their coats, Shownu ended the call and called for his men.

“Yes, sir?”

“Prepare the car. I have to be at Kim and Chang. Now.”

 

 

 

“I cannot believe this.” Jungah grumbled as she crossed Kim and Chang’s lobby, the said company was the country’s biggest law firm with branches sprawled all over Asia and some parts of Europe. The Chang in Kim and Chang was her father, Chang Gilmo. And right now, his only daughter was peeved at him.

She effortlessly got in the elevator and checked her phone for messages. A text had arrived from her cousin.

Where are you?

She typed in a quick reply, telling him that she was at lunch with her father before chucking her phone back in her purse.

The doors opened and she stepped out, the staff greeted her with familiarity as she passed by. Her father’s secretary ushered her into his office without question.

“I have no words, attorney Chang. Why do we even set reservations? What for?” She asked as she walked in his office, her father broke into a sheepish smile before standing up.

“You even offer to have someone pick me up, and now we’re having lunch at your office?” She made a face at him as she gave him a hug.

“From freshly made Italian food, to take out sushi. My father really does take care of me.”

“I’m sorry, Jungah-ya. One of my clients suddenly called and requested a meeting.” The elder chuckled as they sat down, Jungah picked up a pair of disposable chopsticks.

“Ah, it’s those clients?”

“Hmm?” Her father asked while chewing, clearly in a rush. She popped an egg roll into and narrowed her eyes at him.

“Seeing as how you cancelled lunch with me, and it feels like you’re rushing me to eat, it’s probably them.” She made a face and poked one of the tuna rolls.

“You don’t have to talk about them as if they’re some virus, Jungah. You’re one of them too. Your mother’s family~”

“I know, I know. You think you got really lucky when you married one of the SK Holdings child, but it turns out they have another side of their business.” She mused as she picked up the can of soda.

“Your grandfather and uncle have been wanting to see you, how about you drop by sometime. They miss you.”

“Appa, I’d really rather not be involved with SK. It’s too much.”

“Too much, what? Your mother would be so disappointed.”

“I am too, I was promised legit Italian food but here we are.” She shrugged at him, her father eyed her warily, she chuckled at him.

The two ate while bantering like friends, Jungah and her father always had that relationship. Her father was never strict with her, although he had always set rules for his only daughter, they always got along well.

“He’s shooing me away. He’s making sure I leave the premises, oppa.” Jungah said as her father walked her across the lobby, the elder’s secretary smiled.

“It’s not like that, young miss.”

“It feels like it.” She stated while holding hands with her father, the man laughed.

“I’m here to meet my client, he’s already on his way.”

“Oh.” Jungah shuddered and her father nudged her.

“Then, I’ll get going, abeoji. I’ll go see halbae and uncle by next week.” She said, her father let go of her, he patted her cheek and watched as Jungah marched towards the door.

The girl was in the process of hailing a cab when she saw three black SUVs pull over the building’s curb, then it was all a flurry of black and white. Men in black suits were suddenly standing by the Kim and Chang entrance, Jungah grimaced but she was amused.

She saw her father smile as a young man emerged from the car, the male gave her father a polite bow before shaking his hand.

“Whoa, he’s all so warm and welcoming to this gangster. And I was shooed away. Ouch.” She chuckled to herself as she got inside the cab.

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++