002

What's Your Secret?

 

 

 

Jungah stretched her arms as she pulled back from her coworkers; she eyed the podium that they had just put up about two hours ago. There were a group of people also setting up the lights and speakers on the second floor. It was a mess, a mess they had to finish before tomorrow comes.

She sighed and took a seat, it was already eleven in the evening and the mall has been closed for almost three hours, she hasn’t even had dinner yet. Or maybe she needed coffee more.

“What do you think, sunbae?” Joon, one of her juniors walked up to her, she gave him a shrug.

‘’All this for a purse that’s just as expensive~”

“Sunbae, you have the same purse.”

“Well, my father is kind of…generous.” She muttered back, Joon laughed at her response.

Jungah was about to ask the younger male if he wanted to get coffee when her phone suddenly buzzed, it was a text from her father. Her brows rose as she opened the message, it was just a bunch of numbers.

“This is not the time to be sending me math equations.” She muttered, the girl tossed her phone to the next empty seat and leaned back.

“We still have that ceremony thing tomorrow. Are we all required to attend, sunbae?”

“Oh god, I almost forgot about that. Well, it’s the company’s yearly event for the staff. I’m pretty sure we’re required to go.” She mused at him, and then one of their supervisors was waving them over the podium.

“She’s probably asking for the inventory list. I’ll go get it.” Jungah stood up, straightened her skirt and jogged towards the elevator, Joon was about to leave when he noticed that the girl had left her phone.

He picked it up and made his way back to where the other employees were.

“Manager Chang went to get the list, ma’am. And, the maintenance staff would like to be endorsed with the team working on the event tomorrow.”

“Okay, I’ll take care of it.”

Joon put Jungah’s phone on the desk; he noticed that she had a couple of missed calls. He looked around and saw her at the second floor.

“Sunbae, your phone!” He called to her; the girl’s eyes went to him.

“I’ll check it later, thanks!”

 

 

 

“This girl.” The lawyer sighed to himself, the young male beside him paused.

“Is it your daughter?” He asked, the latter nodded and put his phone aside. They were at a private room at the airport.

“I’ve been trying to reach her for hours now. She won’t even reply to my texts.” He muttered, the doors opened and another male stepped in.

“What did Jungah say, uncle?” Kihyun asked as he sat down across him.

“I simply texted her the number. She’s not answering my calls, she’s probably still at work.”

“Hyung, the jet’s ready.” Kihyun spoke, Shownu nodded back at him and tugged on the cuffs of his shirt.

“But you’ve confirmed that she’s just at the mall?” Kihyun faced his uncle again, it was already a bit late and that irked him. The elder nodded in reply, sensing his discomfort.

“You know her, she’ll call once she finds the time.”

“We already have her files prepared, don’t worry.” Shownu spoke as he stood up, three men in dark suits stepped in the room.

“We’ll keep her safe, uncle.”

“If she lets you.” Attorney Chang replied with a grin, Shownu paused at his words, but Kihyun chuckled.

“I’ll call her once I think I can’t be traced. Will you guys be okay?” He asked as they stepped out of the room, there was a fleet of black SUVs outside the room, two males walked up to them.

“Have a safe trip, attorney.” Jooheon said with a smile as he shook his hand.

“Please don’t get any more speeding tickets while I’m away.” He spoke, Jooheon chuckled before heading back to his Ferrari.

“We’ll be in contact once we’ve taken care of everything.” Shownu said as he stretched his hand towards him, Changkyun gave the male a polite bow.

“Don’t rush into things. I’m sure we’ll find out what they really want.”

Kihyun and Shownu nodded, they saw Wonho and Hyungwon appear by the jet’s doors, the two were speaking with the pilot. One of their men approached Shownu and the male stepped away from them.

“We’re all good to go.” Minhyuk announced as he reached them. The lawyer’s bags were being loaded by their men, Hyungwon gave them a nod before walking towards his car.

“I guess it’s time to leave now. Remember our deal.”

Wonho nodded back at him before shaking hand.

“Of course, we can’t have them take our legal counsel.” He said with a good-natured smile.

The guys watched as the elder climbed up the steps and he quickly got inside the aircraft.

“What now? Do we know what they want? They attacked three of our warehouses, aren’t we going to do something?” Minhyuk irritably asked as Shownu joined them again, he was in the process of putting his phone back in his pocket. The jet started to move away from the hangar, Wonho exhaled and buried his hands in his pant pockets.

“We can talk about that later, but we have to discuss a new assignment.”

Minhyuk and Changkyun turned to him; Kihyun sighed and shook his head.

“What assignment?” The youngest asked, Kihyun’s phone started ringing and he dashed towards his car.

“The attorney’s daughter.”

 

 

 

Jungah ran her fingers through her hair as she made her way to her coffee machine, she only slept for about four hours and had to head back to work after lunch.

And she felt like crap. Complete total crap.

She was about to take a sip from her cup when she realized she never got to check her phone, she dashed to her room and flinched. She has about ten missed calls from her father and two from her older cousin. A couple of missed calls from her dad weren’t something to be worried about, however one ignored text from her cousin was enough to make her a lot more awake.

She tried calling her dad first and her brows rose, her call wouldn’t push through.

“He must be busy.” She muttered, distracted. She went through her texts and opened the one from her father.

I know you saw my previous messages. I have to be away for a bit.

Call the number I sent you if something comes up. Be careful.

Jungah nodded to herself, she opened her cousin’s message.

Where are you? Do you know what time it is?

Why are you not picking up? Should I talk to your boss?

Jungah sighed and finished her coffee; she sent Kihyun a bunch of heart and kissy emojis before taking a bath. She needed to attend a company event later in the night and she had not yet decided what to wear.

Jungah walked around her room and went to her closet, she took notice of the midnight blue Lanvin evening gown she had picked out a few days ago. It was courtesy of her aunt, Kihyun’s mother. She puffed her cheeks, the Yoos, her mother’s side of the family have always tried to pull her to them. And it wasn’t like Jungah held a grudge against them, well, she shouldn’t. There were only two Yoo kids, her and her older cousin, Kihyun. But for a girl who wants to live a normal life, and have a normal job, being tagged as one of the SK Holdings grandchildren was not something she would go for. Her father had always encouraged her to at least attend SK Holdings for the sake of her deceased mother, but she rarely made effort to go. Maybe it wasn’t her thing, she really didn’t know.

Jungah got her phone again and tried calling her father, the line went dead and she pursed her lips.

“Where did he go? I hope he gets souvenirs.” She muttered to herself, she sat down and put on her favorite earrings and watch.

“Or a girlfriend. Appa should start dating. His life is too boring. Well, so is mine. But, he’s got it worse.” She chuckled to herself as she brushed her hair.

She quickly changed into one of her usual tapered pantsuits and headed out of the house, not noticing the two men riding a motorbike quietly trailing behind her as she drove away from her apartment complex.

And she also failed notice the black SUV that suddenly appeared to block the motorbike, the two men riding it tried to run. But they failed.

 

 

 

Hyungwon leaned back as the lights were dimmed, Jooheon grew curious on his seat.

“A new assignment?” Minhyuk murmured to himself while fiddling with his phone.

“Attorney Chang has landed safely a couple of hours ago, and I know I don’t need to remind you regarding our trade-off. He takes care of our…dealings while keeping us clean on paper,” Wonho spoke, Shownu looked at the screen as a photo of a toddler appeared, Kihyun smiled on his seat.

“He has a secret child?” Changkyun blurted out, Hyungwon eyed his friend warily.

“No, this is the trade-off.” Wonho replied.

“She is the trade-off. Her safety.” Shownu cleared his throat, he pointed towards the date on the bottom of the photo, it said 1998-05-14

“We have to look for this…baby and keep her safe?” Jooheon queried and then Kihyun started handing them papers, the picture changed.

“Chang Jungah.” Minhyuk read, his eyes went to Kihyun.

“Kim and Chang. SK Holdings.”

The guys looked at the screen; there was a photo of a smiling Jungah on display.

“The attorney was married to your aunt, hyung?” Jooheon asked while Changkyun pored over through her file.

“Yes, she’s my younger cousin. She…She doesn’t work with us, or her father.” Kihyun nodded towards the direction of the screen. Wonho leaned back on his seat and checked the documents; they had her home and work address, and all her contact information.

“Then, she’s one of us.” Hyungwon put the file down, Shownu looked at him.

“She is.” The male replied, Kihyun faced the males.

“Jungah….Jungah’s a bit different. She knows about this, all these.” He said meaningfullyhe said as he put his palm on the table, trying to explain.

“She does?” Wonho tilted his head, he put his phone down.

“But she doesn’t care.” Kihyun stated, the six men grew silent.

“Is she okay with it?” Jooheon asked, Minhyuk started browsing through her photos and other data.

“She doesn’t care. She doesn’t even want to be tagged with SK Holdings, that’s how she is.” Kihyun muttered, clearly worried.

“So, how do we keep her safe? Will she be okay with having security?” Minhyuk said as he reread her addresses. He nudged Changkyun and showed him the girl’s address.

“Check if we can hack into the mall’s system.” The older male said, Changkyun nodded back and started typing on his laptop.

“I’ll try to talk to her, but we don’t know when…they’ll start doing things.” Kihyun trailed off.

“Right, some people may be aware of attorney Chang having one daughter, it says here that she frequents his office. And now that he’s been compromised,” Minhyuk trailed off, Hyungwon crossed his arms and stretched his legs.

Kihyun turned his head to the male seated on the center of the table, he was quietly drumming his fingers on his lap.

“I still think we should talk to her. She should know.” Hyungwon said as he untucked his shirt and carefully placed his Glock on the table, Jooheon nodded at his words.

“We need to brief her.” Wonho said as he loosened his tie.

“I’ll send a team to her neighborhood, as for her work,” He looked at the screen, there was a blueprint of the Galleria Department Store and live footage of the mall’s surveillance security cameras.

“I don’t think she went to work today, she didn’t clock in.” Changkyun murmured as he stretched his fingers.

“Someone will have to pick her up. She hasn’t called the numbers like her father said she would.”

“She won’t.” Kihyun replied, Minhyuk grew amused.

“She seems like a handful.”

“We’ll wait and see then. I’ve already sent three of our men to her workplace.”

They all slowly stood up and the lights were back on.

“That will keep her safe, like Kihyun hyung said, she’s not really…exposed to this side of the business.” Jooheon said as they walked out of the room.

“We don’t know how our enemies will move. Something has changed.” Wonho stated, Shownu walked behind them, wanting to talk to Hyungwon about their recent shipments.

“They managed to hack into our system last week, I think we really should check on her. Soon.” Changkyun suggested in his usual calm tone.

“I’ll talk to her, having eyes on her will be enough for now.”

“We’re going to wait if they do something to her before stepping in? Wouldn’t that be…risky? Not just for us, but for her as well.” Minhyuk asked, all heads turned to towards the back.

“I’ll personally check on it. I don’t think they’ll do anything now.”

“Of course they wouldn’t. We just erased three of their teams.” Kihyun muttered under his breath. Hyungwon grinned to himself and bumped fists Minhyuk.

“That was an easy task, they were asking for it.”

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++