047

What's Your Secret?

 

 

 

“It’s not so bad, huh?” Mrs. Yoo asked as she sat down beside her niece, Kihyun grinned at his cousin.

“The food’s great, auntie. Thank you for helping.” Jungah said as the lady took her hand.

“I’m really happy that we can finally announce your joining us, Jungah. It’s always been a dream of mine to have you here.”

“Your aunt is right, listen to her.” Her grandfather chimed in as he sat down across them, Jungah shook her head at him.

“Wonwoo’s here. Are…things okay now?” Kihyun turned to her, the girl grimaced.

“Actually, I…I don’t know how to fix that, oppa.”

“Then, don’t.” He replied, Jungah was about to react when their grandfather spoke again.

“Right, what happened with that boy? Have you spoken to him?” The elder asked, Kihyun grinned at his cousin before pretending to be busy with his phone.

“Ah, yes, halbae,”

“And, did it end well?”

Mrs. Yoo leaned forward, thinking that no one would notice she was listening.

“Not…so, halbae.”

Mrs. Yoo smiled and started typing on her phone.

“Ah, really? Why so?” Halbae pressed on, Jungah looked at the elder, a little amused.

“I thought you said he was “meh”, halbae. You seem concerned.” She said, she noticed Wonho and Shownu chatting with some of their family friends. One Dot was dressed in an all-black tuxedo tonight, and he stood out in the crowd. In a good way.

The male paused, as if sensing her gaze on him. Shownu’s eyes met hers and he tilted his head at her. Jungah shook her head at him in reply, and from across room, he smiled at her before looking away.

“I did.”

Jungah turned her gaze to him, grinning.

“I’m just checking if things…are going my way, granddaughter.” He said jokingly, Jungah balked at him.

“Halbae!”

“You think we wouldn’t notice you looking at him throughout the party? He’s…hovering more tonight.” Mrs. Yoo intervened, Kihyun stifled a laugh.

“I really had no idea everyone would be so obvious about it.” Jungah mumbled before standing up, they all looked at her.

“I have to go pee.” She gave her counsin a look as she left.

 

 

 

Jungah let out a huge sigh as she leaned against balustrade, the girl had stepped out of the party, in desperate need of some air. Her two guards were standing at a distance, with amused smiles on their faces. The young miss quite out of her element and it also didn’t help that the other young masters weren’t around.

“A party, of all times.” She murmured as she slouched and stretched her arms.

She heard footsteps behind her, and she knew who it was due to her guards’ lack of reaction.

“They’re looking for you inside.” Shownu asked as he stood beside her.

“Just give me ten more minutes.” She muttered, the older male smiled and glanced at her. Jungah saw her guards discreetly step away back to the party.

“I believe we should talk and I’ve been a little too forward with you. Will you forgive me?” He spoke, the girl stopped and turned to him.

“What?”

“I’ve been assuming and acting like..that without even asking if you’re okay without it.” He said, clearly being careful with his words, Jungah smiled and faced him.

“You mean, it all started when I ratted out myself because I lost it in front of Wonwoo?”

Shownu tilted his head at her, he looked uncertain and nervous.

“Son Hyunwoo, if I wasn’t okay with it then I wouldn’t have gone out with you yesterday.” She mused as she faced him and laced her fingers behind his neck.

“I know..that. But, I’ve been..claiming~ I mean, kissing you without consent, so~”

“Oh, so that’s what it was, kissing me back there with my whole family watching.” She hummed back, Shownu pressed his lips together, sheepish.

“You said you weren’t interested in Monaco or yacht parties.” He murmured softly. Jungah chuckled, her eyes went to the doors again.

“So, I thought that I should say it.” He spoke again, urging the girl to face him again.

“I like you, Chang Jungah. Would you go out with me?”

“But, I’m already out here with you, Son Hyunwoo.”

“Jungah, please.” Shownu said, his palms were on her waist, she chuckled before standing on her toes and pressing a quick one on his lips.

“But you see, being all cheesy is not our thing. Come on, from the moment we met, you knew~”

“Yes, I knew.” He mused before cupping one side of her face and leaning down to capture her lips with his.

 

 

 

Rowoon leaned forward, the leather of his wheelchair groaning as he shifted his weight.

“How was the party?” He asked, Wonwoo looked up from where he was sitting. The Jeon boy had arrived almost an hour ago, although he already seem drunk when he got in his place.

“Fun.” His response was dry as he poured himself another glass, Rowoon exhaled and looked at the male.

“What do you mean? You didn’t see her there?”

Wonwoo set his glass down and leaned back on the couch, the male stared at the ceiling as he spoke.

“We met a couple of days back, and…things escalated pretty badly.” Wonwoo continued on.

“What do you mean?”

“I..admit I may have said some things that went overboard, but…why can’t she see that?”

Rowoon grew quiet, Wonwoo finished his drink and poured another again.

“So, you let him win?” Rowoon finally spoke, Wonwoo eyed him before speaking.

“I don’t get how she chose him, Rowoon-ah. Why can’t she see that he’s bad for her. He’s Son Hyunwoo, for crying out loud! Everyone knows how ty he is.”

Rowoon pressed his lips together and observed the male.

“Maybe it’s time we do something, Wonwoo-ah.”

“What are you saying?” Wonwoo sighed, he was staring at the amber liquid in his glass with a frown on his face.

“I want her to want me back. She’s has to see that I’m good for her, not him.”

Rowoon’s smirk appeared and he nodded.

“Well, let’s fix that, cousin.”

 

 

 

“Are you heading out?” Jungah said as she stepped out of her cousin’s office, Kihyun nodded back.

“I have to visit our Daegu office,” He said as he fixed his tie, the two executives got in the elevator.

“What about lunch?” She asked as they went down, Kihyun’s secretary was with them as well as two hyungnims.

“I can eat the car, you? Did you make plans with, hyung?”

“No. Wonho oppa called, he wanted to grab sushi, not sure if he invited him.” Jungah said, the two doors opened and the two cousins stepped out.

“And, you didn’t tell him? Jungah, please.” Kihyun laughed and shook his head.

“I don’t want to get in the way of his work, and, he does call when he needs something.”

“Well, you’d rather be given your space, huh?” He mused as they crossed the lobby, employees greeted them with warmth as they passed by.

“He’s…always been like that, oppa. I’ll call him in a bit to check.”

Kihyun nodded along, he asked for his car and the younger girl looked around.

“Changkyun still has nothing on Wonwoo?”

“Yes, I don’t...Honestly, I don’t know if..cutting him off like that is right. I do know that at some point I will have to talk to him, but things right now are…” She trailed off and crossed her arms.

“You’re right. I don’t think you should talk him now, things are way too tense, not just between you two. But we still aren’t certain about him and his uncle, plus Rowoon.”

“I don’t know, oppa. I just hope we can access those files now. I know Shownu oppa already handed those offshore accounts to the prosecutor. When does Kim Donghee’s trial start?” She asked as they stepped out of the building.

“Maybe next week, I’ll give their office a call.” Kihyun spoke as his driver pulled over, Jungah nodded and eyed the BMW sedan briefly.

“But, oppa, how about dinner tonight? At your place.”

“Is this your way of telling me to cook for you?” Kihyun shot back, the girl grinned at him.

“I miss your cooking, and that…spicy stew with beef thingies.” She mused.

“Beef thingies. Okay, I’ll come pick you up later.” Kihyun nodded at her, the girl chuckled, she was already walking back to the revolving doors when she heard a distinctive  roaring from afar, she turned her head just as a black SUV came speeding by at their side of the street.

An then she heard a series of loud bangs, followed by a loud screech.

Jungah was about to turn back to her cousin when she was suddenly tackled to the ground.

“Somebody call for an ambulance!”

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++