003

What's Your Secret?

 

 

 

“Where were you? People at the office were looking for you this morning.”

Jungah looked up as her coworker from the same department approached her, she had just gotten off the elevator.

“I wasn’t feeling too well this morning. Why? Did something happen?” She asked, Haerin grinned at her.

“Two things happened, first, is that everyone had this panic attack because someone hacked into the mall’s system, and now we have people coming tomorrow to upgrade the whole security program for the building.”

Jungah grimaced, imagining how hectic it must have been.

“What’s the other thing?”

Haerin smiled as they reached their office, Jungah blinked at her and then she saw the elaborate vase of flowers on her desk.

“It was delivered this morning, sunbae.” Joon spoke from his desk, Jungah’s brows rose as Haerin urged to go pick up the card.

The girl put her bag down and plucked out the card stuck on one of the roses, she took it out from the envelope, and she paused.

I just got back.

Hopefully, you’ll have time for me.

Lunch soon? -W

“Who’s W?” Haerin excitedly asked as she sat down, Jungah smiled to herself before setting the card side.

“Is it a guy?”

“Of course, it is, sunbae. It’s so obvious.” Joon mused, wanting to tease his senior.

“Yes, it’s a guy. And we’re just friends. Let’s get to work you two.” Jungah pulled her hair up in a loose bun as she faced her computer.

“We still have that company party tonight, why does it have to be at such a fancy hotel? I hate having to dress up.” Haerin mumbled as she sipped on her coffee, Junagh checked her emails and puffed her cheeks. There were just way too many events scheduled in the upcoming weeks.

“Right, sunbae,”

She looked at Joon while arranging the files on her desk.

“Did you ever get to return your father’s calls? He was calling nonstop.”

“I did, but he’d already left for some..business trip.” Jungah shrugged, she paused, remembering her father’s message.

“Strange. Why would we he want me to call those numbers?” She muttered to herself, she leaned back on her seat while waiting for the files to load on her computer.

“Manager Chang?”

She looked up from her desk.

“The general manager is looking for you, he asks for your presence upstairs.”

Jungah nodded back and stood up, she glanced at the flowers again and smiled.

“He’s home.”

 

 

 

“Are you sure?” Wonho asked, the male before him nodded.

“We already had some of our people recheck this, sir. The exchange will happen, we already confirmed that the items they’re bringing are the ones we lost.”

“The ones they stole.” Hyungwon stated while crossing his arms, only the three young masters were present. Wonho turned to Kihyun.

“What do you think? Should we go check it out?” Wonho asked, Kihyun tilted his head.

“We might personally have to be there. Sending our people may come off as…tacky.” Kihyun stated, Hyungwon’s lips curled up.

“They stole from us, it’s as tacky as it gets.” Hyungwon mused, Wonho grinned at him.

“We wouldn’t want them to think that we’re letting this go on, right?” Wonho hummed back while drumming his fingers on the table.

“Call the others, we should be there.” Kihyun said, the doors opened and Shownu walked in.

“Hyung, they~”

“I heard.” Shownu spoke as he sat down, he loosened his tie.

“Any news from your cousin? She hasn’t called.” He asked, Kihyun pressed his lips together.

“She won’t, hyung. I think it’s better if we send someone for her. But, not tonight.” Kihyun spoke, Shownu’s brows rose and then he saw the photos on the desk.

“I know this place.” He recognized the hotel, Wonho nodded at him.

“They’re doing the trade tonight, it’s at that place.” Kihyun informed him, Hyungwon looked at the older male.

“Let’s get moving then.” Shownu decided, the others nodded and their four men left the room.

“How about we send Jooheon to check on the attorney’s daughter?” Wonho suggested, Kihyun paused at his words.

“We won’t need a driver tonight, and, I think he wants to meet her.” Wonho chuckled, Shownu nodded.

“Jooheon can check on her after we finish this, she isn’t the type to go out, right?” Shownu turned to Kihyun, the younger male nodded back.-

“Let’s do that then. Have things ready by the six.” Shownu looked at Hyungwon, Kihyun stood up from his seat.

“It won’t get messy, right? This is a hotel.” Kihyun asked out of habit, he was not only the group’s brain, he was also the fixer. It was his job to keep things clean and undiscovered. Surely, a shootout at a public place would be nothing but headaches.

“They stole from us.” Shownu stated, Hyungwon and Wonho flinched.

“We’re wearing Kevlar vests then.” Kihyun muttered, Shownu’s lips quirked up before slapping his shoulder.

 

 

 

Jungah ran her fingers through her hair as the cab slowed to a halt, she leaned over to peek at the hotel’s frontage. She had chosen not to drive tonight so that she’d have an excuse to go home earlier, she smiled at her genius plan. She paid the driver and quickly slid down from the vehicle.

The girl didn’t notice the two black Suburbans parked just meters away from the entrance, she walked through the revolving doors and entered the lobby.

She saw the company logo on the hotel’s announcement board and hurried towards the elevator, but she heard someone calling for her.

The girl stopped moving and turned her head, she smiled as she saw Haerin and another Galleria employee.

Haerin didn’t return her smile as she was rolling her eyes in obvious annoyance.

“Jungah, wow.” The other lady spoke, Jungah smiled back at her.

“It’s been a while Gyuri.” Jungah said as she extended her hand, Gyuri smiled back and took her offered hand.

“Look at you, people might think you own the mall.” Gyuri chuckled, Haerin made a face at Jungah.

“You look beautiful, as always.” Jungah said as the three women slowly walked towards the elevators. There was already quite queue to get in.

“I try to dress for the occasion, but the one you’re wearing, are you sure you’re attending a company event?” Gyuri continued as she eyed Jungah’s Balmain floor-length dress, it was in this elegant gold lame fabric that draped around her figure perfectly.

“What she’s wearing is perfect, what are you talking about?” Haerin added, she could see the envy in Gyuri’s eyes.

“No, it just seems too…showy for a work thing.” Gyuri shrugged, playing it cool.

“I think it’s only right she wear something expensive, isn’t this place one of the most exclusive hotels in the city?” Haerin continued, wanting to egg the other girl.

Jungah sent her a look, Gyuri didn’t comment and just moved ahead of them.

“You better stop trying to get in her nerves, she looks like she may bite.” Jungah said as they were left alone, Haerin snorted.

“She’s only acting like that because ever since you came she’s no longer the prettiest at our department.” Haerin pointed out, Jungah shushed her.

“I thought your boyfriend would be here.” Jungah said while fixing Haerin’s bangs.

“He said he’s running a bit late, by the way,”

Jungah paused when he saw a familiar face outside the hotel doors, her brows rose.

“Oppa.” She mumbled, Haerin paused and followed her gaze.

“Hey, go ahead. I think I just saw my cousin.” Jungah said to her in a rush before walking across the lobby again.

 

 

 

Changkyun zipped up the navy blue jacket he was wearing that had the Shilla Hotel’s logo stitched on his chest, he looked just like one of the establishment’s staff with his cap pulled down. He slid down from the white van, Jooheon killed the engine and picked up the backpack beside him.

“This better not be a bust, the hyungs are already at their limit.” Jooheon mumbled, the two kept their heads down as they walked towards the basement elevator.

“Minhyuk hyung’s already upstairs, he’s surveyed the three floors we talked about.” Changkyun calmly said as they got inside the elevator, he took out his phone and started typing.

“Alone?” Jooheon asked as he shook off his cap, he removed the jacket he was wearing, revealing the black suit he had on.

“Wonho hyung’s with him. Hyungwon hyung will be at the lobby lounge any minute now.”

The doors opened, Jooheon grinned at the younger male before the two separated, Changkyun was undetected as he made his way to the security room. It took him about a minute to quietly disarm the men inside and he started taking over the hotel’s entire security system.

Hyungwon discreetly checked the time on his watch, he heard Minhyuk’s voice in his earpiece.

“We checked the floors, head to the twenty third as soon as something comes up.”

“No one from their side has arrived yet.” Hyungwon murmured, his eyes were on the doors as he walked further away from it.

“Most of the rooms here are occupied, and these idiots even planted guards.” Minhyuk mused.

“How obvious can they get?” Wonho muttered, Hyungwon nodded back, he saw Kihyun’s car pulling over, the male slid down from the vehicle. He met eyes with Hyungwon and his brows went up briefly.

“What about Shownu hyung?” Changkyun added in his usual calm tone.

“Hyung is at the top floor, Jooheon and him will be the first ones to move.” Wonho said, Hyungwon remained quiet as Kihyun was approached by one of their men, he saw his friend nod before walking towards the hotel’s other entrance.

“Kihyun oppa.”

Hyungwon turned his head just as a girl in a gold dress hurriedly padded across the lobby.

“Shownu hyung,” Hyungwon spoke in a quiet tone, a little worried.

“What is it?”

“A girl is running after Kihyun while calling his name.”

“What?” Wonho blurted out.

“He doesn’t have his earpiece on. Yet.” Changkyun murmured, Hyungwon walked after the girl but she suddenly halted.

Hyungwon paused, and then he saw her sigh and shook her head.

“Eh, if he sees me here, I’ll just get yelled at in public. Maybe I’ll call him tomorrow.” He heard her mumble.

Hyungwon took a step back as she turned towards the elevators again.

"That might cause trouble, watch her." Wonho added, Hyungwon's forehead creased.

“But I did forget to call him back. Will I get killed?” She mumbled again, Hyungwon took another look at her face.

“She’s here.”

“Who?” Shownu was the one who spoke, Hyungwon was about to open his mouth when the girl looked up and she was staring right back at him.

“Chae Hyungwon,” Minhyuk spoke, the girl blinked at him before slowly turning away.

“Our other assignment, the girl.” Hyungwon murmured and then he noticed a two black vans tailing a Mercedes Benz sedan arrive, he pulled back. A stout middle-aged man appeared and he was soon escorted by three males in dark suits.

“They’re here.” Hyungwon said, he saw Jooheon appear, he was standing behind the receptionists’ desk.

“I see them.”

“Hyungwon-ah, time to go up. We’ve prepared your guns, keep things clean.” Shownu said, Hyungwon walked towards the elevators and placed his earpiece inside his coat pocket. Jooheon was smiling as the four men walked towards him and soon he was guiding them towards one of the private elevators.

“They have six men moving the bags into the hotel via the basement elevator. It’s time.” Changkyun continued to murmur, Minhyuk let out a small chuckle.

“Kihyun’s cleared out the floor twenty two and twenty four. We can move now.” Shownu stated and he stood up from his seat.

“Jooheon, go up.” He said as he strapped on his Kevlar jacket.

“They just reached the twenty third floor.” Wonho said, Minhyuk had grown silent.

“Hyungwon’s here.” Wonho murmured, Shownu nodded at his men and they quickly left the room. And then muffled screams were heard from their earpieces, Shownu got inside an elevator and reached the twenty third floor, he found Minhyuk grinning at him while two unconscious men were lying at his feet.

“We agreed to keep things clean.” Kihyun hissed as he appeared from one of the rooms, there were a couple of blood spatters on the wall, Shownu moved ahead and the two followed him.

The guards from earlier were now all on the carpeted floor, writhing in pain while Hyungwon stood by the windows, he was checking his gun’s silencer while admiring the night view.

Jooheon joined them and he pointed towards one of the doors.

“They won’t know what’s coming for them.” He said as he pushed the doors open, Shownu exhaled as they marched into the room.

“You!” The middle-aged man yelled as soon as he saw them, his guards were about to move but guns were now being pointed at them and their boss.

Shownu moved forward and calmly took the seat across the man.

“Would you like to hear your options, or would you prefer we make everyone in this floor disappear?”

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++