060

What's Your Secret?

 

 

 

Jooheon closed his eyes briefly as emergency services arrived; most of Jungah’s guards were injured. And they were still checking if no one was on the critical stage, he walked towards Jungah’s car and grimaced at the damage.

“It was an ambush.” Hyungwon spoke, his hands buried in his pockets; there was a permanent scowl on his face as he popped the hood open. He nodded towards their men and took the bags inside, Jungah’s personal items and handgun were inside.

“We’re still tracking the van that took her, but,” Changkyun walked towards them, he had his phone pressed to his ear.

“It might take some time, and...noona dropped her phone here. I don’t know how to track her.” He said with a shaky breath. The three glanced behind them, Wonho was talking to the police as they cordoned the area, while Shownu and Kihyun were standing by the doors.

“I just spoke with her secretary, Jungah got in an argument with a certain director during their meeting. It was something about Jeon Banking being brought up again.” Minhyuk joined them with a folder in hand, Jooheon took it from him.

“Then, she showed the board that she has proof against this...director Moon, he’d been receiving bribes from Kim Donghee. He was the reason why the Yoos finally approved tying up with Jeon Banking. There’s also proof of him..being aware and being involved with the...other thing.” Minhyuk continued with a grimace, Hyungwon shook his head and turned away.

“That’s disgusting. No wonder one of her guards had him at gun point.” Jooheon muttered as he read the files. Changkyun was about to walk back to the cops when he heard a commotion coming from the building. He watched as director Moon was being escorted out of the building, but before he could be handed over to the authorities, Shownu got to him first.

“What’s going on?” Minhyuk said as they inched towards their friend, even Wonho looked alarmed.

“She found out what you were up to.” Shownu said as he held on the male’s collar, the latter stared back at him with a smirk.

“I have to say, I am impressed. People did think she was just a pretty face.” Director Moon let out a chuckle, Shownu’s eyes narrowed at him. Kihyun and Minhyuk glanced at each other worriedly.

“You’re the reason why they were able to tail her. All those attacks on her, it was all because of you.” Shownu stated through gritted teeth, Jooheon’s brows rose. Their guards grew jumpy as they surrounded the group, people were watching, and it was never a good sign to see one of the young masters close to losing their temper.

“Well, at least finally they got~” Director Moon was not able to finish his sentence because Shownu’s grip on his collar tightened and he was pushed against the glass doors of the building. The whole panel shattered loudly, and blood started to pull at the back of the man’s head as he writhed on the floor.

“Are you having fun now?” Shownu stated as he walked towards him, his gaze darkening as he lifted his foot and stepped on his chest, the male grimaced as glass shards pressed onto the back of his body.

“She~”

“Don’t worry, while Jungah is never the type to go public to shame people, I would gladly have everyone be given access to your emails. And then we send you to prison,” Shownu chuckled as he leaned won, half of his weight already on the man’s chest. Director Moon started to heave, Wonho approached the two, unsure of what to do.

“And, we all know what happens to people like you in prison, right? Surely, inmates would have access to news, and maybe the Internet. The moment they find out you had a hand with what happened to those women and children,” The Son executive pulled back with a smile.

“Surely, life will be a party for you.” He said as he clenched his jaw, reached for his back pocket and shot the man on his arm, twice at the same spot. People started to scream and Shownu pulled back, he was met by Kihyun.

“Hyung, we have to get back at the house. We need to plan~”

“Plan? We don’t have time for that.”

“Hyung, please!” Kihyun blocked his path, Shownu tensed, his forehead creasing. Hyungwon and Changkyun were already heading back to their cars.

“Right now, we have people already scouring the streets for Jungah. If we go through this without clear heads, they will win.”

“This isn’t about winning, Kihyun-ah. They have her. If you want to go home, then fine. I am going to her back.” Shownu stated, Minhyuk and Jooheon paused, sensing the tension from the two.

“I need her back.” The eldest stated before walking back towards the car, the three watched as Urus sped away.

“He’s...This city is about to witness Son Hyunwoo’s rage, and Kim Donghee and the Jeons better find a place to hide.”

 

 

 

Jungah flinched as she tried to lift her head, she was aware that she was in an upright position and that somehow her wrists were bound together. And her head hurt, a lot.

“Oh, you’re finally up.” A voice intruded her thoughts, she tried to slowly open her eyes, and the girl paused.

“Hello.” Rowoon was standing by the foot of the bed, Jungah’s eyes went to the cane beside him.

“It’s amazing what therapy can do. It did get to a point where I thought I could never stand again.” He said as he moved towards her, the male was limping but he was able to walk.

“You deserve what happened to you.” She replied, her tone calm. Rowoon shrugged and sat on the bed, Jungah inched away.

“Oh, your words can’t hurt me, princess. I’ve had enough of you and your ty family.”

“Great, we’re using bad words now.” She rolled her eyes at him, but Rowoon smiled and leaned over to meet her gaze.

“You see, while you people walk around with your heads held high, thinking you can stop us, I have been rebuilding everything.”

“With what money? Did you manage to glue them all back? Oh, do they have new tech to rebuild ashes and~” Jungah hissed when Rowoon struck her across the cheek.

“Don’t get snarky with me.”

The girl scoffed and threw her head back.

“You’re an idiot.”

“Really? Because I’m not the one tied down right now, noona.” He said as he stood up, wiping down her blood on his pants.

“I do recall saying that I have stalkers. I’m not sure if you were informed by this before you took me, but I have them.”

“So?” Rowoon chuckled as blood dribbled down her chin, but Jungah met his gaze, defiant.

“They will come for you.”

“You forget that we’ve injured your favourite men, Jungah. And two of them are dead.”

He saw Jungah flinched and Rowoon started laughing.

“You’re most favourite is dead too. So, what are you bragging about, princess?”

The girl grew silent, and Rowoon started laughing at her.

“Finishing them off was way too easy, if only he had not been so cocky about showing Wonwoo who’s boss. He wouldn’t have been at that detaining room, helpless and unarmed.”

“And you had to drag other people in this mess too? You killed innocent~”

“I got the job done; I don’t need to hear your opinions.” Rowoon mused at her, and then he turned his back.

“You didn’t get the job done. You’re wrong.” Jungah said, her voice barely a whisper.

“Oh, this time, I’m sure I’m not.”

Jungah exhaled as the doors closed behind him, she leaned back and glanced at the window again. She recognized the view; she was still in Seoul. And now her next task was, to find a way to let Changkyun locate her. She struggled to slide down from the mattress; the girl walked towards the windows and looked around.

“He’s wrong.”

 

 

 

“I’m sure it’s him.” Minhyuk said as attorney Chang sat by the windows, the man had been silent ever since they broke the news to him. But no one missed how his fingers were shaking as he called the Yoo elders to inform them of the news.

“Hyung’s right, we’ve been trying to get a hold of him for weeks. He was biding his time.” Changkyun said, the male was sitting back, his eyes closed.

“And with that director’s help, he managed an in.” Hyungwon muttered, he was staring at the flat screen TV in the room, the tiny red dots all over Seoul city’s map indicated the van’s last presence.

“I can’t trace...I think they pulled over at some point and put on fake plates. I guess Kim Rowoon finally learned a thing or two.” Changkyun exhaled and finally looked up.

“Our men have been checking their known hideouts and offices, nothing.” Jooheon walked in the room, Wonho swallowed and looked away.

“Hyung, you never told us what happened. How...How did you escape?” Minhyuk asked, eyes went to Wonho.

“A couple of hours before the explosion, the chief walked in and sat down to talk to us. He struck us a deal; we were to lay low for a few days. No contacting others, not even our family. He wanted to clean it up before finally pushing on with investigating Wonwoo ahd Kim Donghee, he was worried that if the media found out we were let go before proving how bad their case was...it will make them look bad. And we understood that. So, we left.”

“Wow, he does not have a spine.” Hyungwon scoffed as he poured himself a drink.

“Jungah threatened him, huh?” Wonho asked, Jooheon nodded in reply.

“She threw out a couple, and I think he knows that Jungah is more of a “do now and think later person”, so...yes.” Kihyun exhaled and rubbed his palms together.

“What are you guys doing? Are gathering an army?” Attorney Chang suddenly spoke, the man was standing by the windows, and he was staring at the lawn. Wonho rushed to his side and halted, he glanced at his friends with worried eyes.

“Where...did he run off to today?” Wonho asked as he tried calling Shownu, but it went to voicemail. Minhyuk watched as men in dark suits crowded around the lawn, directing the different assault vehicles that were now driving into the garage.

“Oh no.” Changkyun said under his breath as different armoured fighting vehicles appeared by the gates.

“I never knew you guys managed to buy these things. Or even had access to them.” The lawyer spoke, Kihyun exhaled and got himself another drink.

“No one was supposed to know.”

“Well, we need to use them.” Hyungwon replied, Jooheon glanced at the screen again just as Shownu’s car entered the property. He flashed his lights twice, signalling for the others to come down.

Shownu exhaled as he stepped down from the vehicle, the men bowed politely and greeted him.

“Right now, Kim Donghee’s son took one of ours. And he’s hurt her.” He spoke, his tone cold and harsh.

“The young miss, Chang Jungah was ambushed today. Most of the men assigned to her were shot, while most of them are already in the hospital. Her...most trusted, Wonpil, is in critical stage.”

He saw his friends jogging towards them.

“And, while most of you have not met her yet, I’m sure you’ve heard of her.”

The men nodded while the others murmured to the people beside them.

“Details regarding the van that took her will be sent to you, along with a photo of Jungah. And, the man behind her kidnapping.”

“Hyung,” Kihyun reached him, Hyungwon was already climbing up one of the AFVs and was in the process of getting in, attorney Chang sighed.

“We want to lure them out. And, there’s only one way we can do it, checking out their hideouts, offices and other properties is not going to cut it anymore.” Shownu said, meeting his friends’ gazes, Wonho nodded back at him. Minhyuk pressed his lips together.

“How do we lure them out, sir?”

“We flatten everything they own. From houses, buildings, their factories, and warehouses. I want it all gone by tomorrow, follow Jungah’s example, she managed to get rid one of their houses in a matter of minutes.”

“He does have a point.” Changkyun murmured to Jooheon, the older male nodded back.

“Well, they cannot hide if they don’t have hiding spots anymore, right?” Hyungwon called out from the AFV he was in.

“The police have been informed. They will be turning a blind eye for twenty-four hours. Remember, we only hit on their properties. No one else is to be touched, if you come across any men of theirs,” Shownu’s jaw tightened.

“Bring them here.”

The men slowly dispersed, the assault vehicles were all lined up to exit the property while some guards remained, preparing the house just in case Rowoon and his men make a move again.

“How did the tracking go?” Shownu turned to the youngest.

“I just got a report that they used fake plates, hyung. I might need to go out there to check it myself.” Changkyun raised his phone briefly.

“Shownu, this might end badly. You just released armoured tanks into the city.” Attorney Chang walked up to him, the male paused at his words.

“They’re not tanks, uncle.” Kihyun said softly, Shownu exhaled before speaking.

“I’m sorry, but I’m out of ideas. And the more we prolong this, the more time Rowoon has with her. And I don’t know what that man is capable of, but he’s already hurt her, uncle.”

“We do not harm others, Shownu. You know that.” The lawyer replied, Kihyun looked away, he could see the struggle in the man’s eyes. His only child was still missing, and no one had a clue how she was. But if something goes wrong tonight, the whole family would be greatly affected and that might result to Jungah being lost to them.

“I will harm anyone who lays a hand on her, uncle. Please remember that.”

 

 

 

Jungah tried to rub off the crusted blood from the side of her lips as she headed for the bathroom, at least she was put in a room that had one.

Two men had arrived earlier to bring her lunch, her wrists were freed for a few minutes, but it was changed to handcuffs.

Jungah was about to wash her face when she heard heavy footsteps from outside, and then some of the men were yelling at each other. She padded back into the room and pressed her ear against the door.

“What do you mean everything’s gone? What?” Rowoon hollered down the hall, Jungah could identify his strange steps.

“Sir, even your...father’s house is gone.”

Jungah jumped back when the doors were suddenly opened, she found herself staring back at a shaken Rowoon.

“Well, I wasn’t expecting this.” He stated as the two men from earlier grabbed her by the shoulders and started pulling her out of the room.

“Where are you taking me?” Jungah snapped at him, Rowoon cackled and shook his head.

“Where we should have taken you first.”

“Rowoon, please, you don’t have~”

“Oh, no, no. I don’t want to hear you beg. It’s not going to do anything.”

“I wasn’t going to. I am telling you to stop this, don’t you get it? You’re going to lose. Your family started this, and it got out of control. You’re trapped. Your father and cousin are both already in jail.”

The men paused, Rowoon was staring at her, his eyes hardening.

“Kim Donghee started a war he couldn’t win. He would never win, the chances have always been~” Jungah grimaced when the back of the male’s gun struck her across her other cheek.

“You know, I could have you killed right now. So that, they’d find your cold body right here.” Rowoon said through gritted teeth as he got to her face, Jungah felt his hands on her neck.

“And, right now, that seems so tempting.” He said as his fingers tightened around her neck, Jungah started to choke and then she felt something cold pressing against her skin.

“But, I realized that maybe finishing you off while your Son Hyunwoo watches is the better option.” He laughed as he let her go, Jungah staggered back, falling flat on the floor.

“I still have people watching his move, you know. He’s looking for you.” Rowoon said as he moved forward, the girl was pulled upwards again, Jungah wanted to reach into her blouse badly.

“I’ll make sure he won’t find us, I haven’t had my fun with you yet, noona.”

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++