0041

What's Your Secret?

 

 

 

Jungah leaned back as their food arrived, she was already on her way back to the manor when Jooheon called, announcing that they were eating out for dinner. And judging by the amount of food pouring in their table, she was going home late tonight.

“Things at work are okay, noona?” Changkyun asked, he was seated between him and Wonho.

“Yes, a little…worrying, but I’ll survive.” She mused at him as the younger male put some risotto on her plate.

“I’m sure you’ll do well, princess. Even the chairman’s throwing a party for you.” Wonho said as he forked through his lobster.

“A what?” She leaned forward, Shownu shifted his gaze to her, brows raising,

“Ah, right, halbae’s throwing you a welcoming party of some sort. Make sure to come.” Kihyun spoke and gave her a shrug, Jooheon grinned as he saw how the girl grimaced.

“Make sure to come?” She repeated, Kihyun blinked at her.

“He was at my office earlier, and he couldn’t be bothered to mention that? Why a party? I don’t want it.” She whined, Kihyun rolled his eyes at her.

“It can’t be that bad, Jungah. You get to eat.” Hyungwon teasingly said, that earned him a glare from her.

“Jungah, it’s not like you can cancel it, invitations have been sent out.” Kihyun added as he checked the wine.

“Oppa, just…I don’t want another night of people just staring and asking me the most random questions. Some can be very abrasive, you know.”

“Do I have to repeat what I said? Invitations have been set out.” Kihyun hissed in reply, the girl was about to reply when Shownu looked at her and spoke,

“It’s only for a night, Jungah. And I’m sure…the questions will stop after that, they’re just curious about you.” He said in his usual calm tone. The girl pursed her lips and picked up her spoon.

“Hyung’s right, princess. If they’re still being rude, I’ll take care of them.” Jooheon beamed at her, Hyungwon chuckled as he saw how Jungah quieted down. One Dot just saved them from a round of bickering from the Yoo cousins.

“Kin Donghee’s open investigation begins tomorrow, I asked them to be fast. And, the clean up?” Kihyun glanced at their youngest.

“Yes, hyung. I already took care of it, no traces to us. His side can accuse us, but…nothing, no trail.” He replied, Jungah chewed on her lower lip.

“What about the nephew?” Wonho asked, Shownu looked up from his plate.

“Jeon Wonwoo? What about him?” Jooheon finished his wine, Hyungwon tilted his head.

“Minhyuk did suggest we check on him again.” Shownu supplied, Jungah felt their eyes on her.

“You should.” She turned to Changkyun, the youngest paused, surprised.

“Noona, he’s your friend, and~”

“They’re right, you should look him again. We should…check on him. Just…to be sure.” She said and patted his hand.

“Wow, did he get on your nerves again?” Hyungwon mused, Jungah threw a napkin at him, and Kihyun sighed. Shownu smiled at the girl before going back to his plate, Wonho and Jooheon grinned at each other, not missing that action from the usually serious One Dot.

“Okay, I’ll go do that, noona.”

“Right, Jooheon and I will have to Jeju in two days, it’s for a conference.” Hyungwon announced.

“Is it the ASEAN thing? You’re required to come?” Wonho mused, Jooheon sighed and nodded.

“Well, have fun, boys.” Jungah said as she put more lobster on her plate, she felt her phone vibrate inside her purse and she ignored it.

 

 

 

“That wasn’t me! It was Minhyuk hyung’s idea!” Jooheon shot back as Changkyun and Wonho burst into laughs. Their guards were several steps away as they walked to the parking lot.

“I had to hack into their system so that the lights would go out. What were you two thinking?” Changkyun muttered under his breath. Jungah watched as Jooheon shushed the younger male.

“Right, I remember now. It was such a huge mess, it was aired on the news.” Wonho cackled, Shownu shook his head and let his friends continue their banter. Jungah watched as they squabbled, a small smile forming on her lips as she followed them. Kihyun paused, his eyes going to his cousin.

“What’s with the smile?” He asked as he waited for her and matched their steps.

“Months ago, if you told me I’d be discussing raiding warehouses, sabotaging political careers and taking territories over dinner, I would have laughed my off.”

“Now, you’re part of it.” Kihyun replied as he hooked her arm around his, Jungah smiled and leaned her head against the side of his arm.

“My adorable mafia boys.” She mused as Wonho had to separate Hyungwon and Jooheon, the two were running after each other. They probably had too much wine earlier.

“Adorable?” Kihyun echoed, amused.

“Yes, we still have to get back at them for hurting Min Min oppa.” She blurted out, Kihyun shook his head before speaking.

“Any move now will be too obvious, princess. But, we already have a few people keeping a close eye on their camp.”

Before she could reply, Jooheon called for her, she looked up and they were waving her over. Changkyun and Hyungwon were already queueing by the rice cake stand. The girl smiled and hurried over to them, Kihyun buried his hands in his pockets, he noticed Shownu standing a few meters away. Son Hyunwoo’s eyes were on the Yoo girl as she laughed along with Wonho and two of their guards. Kihyun noticed how his friend was smiling as he watched Jungah, he let out a small chuckle.

“Oh, he’s whipped. Jungah’s got him wrapped around her little finger.” He murmured to himself. Then, Jungah suddenly looked up, her eyes scanning the area, and she broke into a smile as she saw the older male.

“Oppa, we need you here!” She called to Shownu, the older male blinked at her.

“Yes, we do!” Jooheon hollered as he waved him over.

The older male slowly made his way towards them, while Kihyun observed.

“What is it?” One Dot reached them, he stood beside Jungah, his hand going to the center of her back, the girl didn’t seem to mind as she shoved another piece of rice cake in .

“We need you to pay for us.” She giggled before offering him a piece, Shownu smiled and nodded in reply.

“Eat your fill first, we can go later.” He said to them, Changkyun smirked and winked at the older male, Shownu ignored him.

“He just continues to say yes to her. Wow.” Kihyun laughed before approaching the group.

 

 

 

“Jungah, I really am fine.” Minhyuk mused as he reclined his bed, Jungah eyed him with a frown as she stood up to fluff his pillows for the fourth time.

“Oppa, they hurt you. You have bruised ribs!”

“Well, because we raided their office.” Minhyuk pointed out, Jungah hissed at him, the older male closed his mouth and reached for another sliced apple.

“What did the doctors say?”

“I’ll be out in a week, well, three days actually. But Kihyun thinks I should prolong my stay for a bit, just to be sure.”

“Just to be sure that Kim Donghee won’t get back at you because we took his computers and other….” Jungah muttered, the male grinned at her cussing.

“I see you’re stressed.”

“Who wouldn’t be, Lee Minhyuk?” She muttered under her breath, MInhyuk smiled and sat up, shoving his blankets away.

“You do know that Shownu hyung would never let anything or anyone hurt you, right?”

“I’m not worried about me. I have way too many hyungnims now, I don’t even know which car to ride sometimes.”

“One Dot added convoys?” Minhyuk mused, the girl raised three fingers and he chuckled.

“Just don’t forget, he will never allow you to be harmed, same goes for us. But with him, it’s a lot more…intense.” He teasingly said, the girl paused and blinked at him.

“What are~”

The doors swung open and a gorgeous middle-aged woman strolled in, Jungah smiled and rose up from the couch.

“Auntie!” She greeted Mrs. Lee with a hug, the elder chuckled and patted her waist.

“I see you’ve come to visit, Jungah. It’s good to see you.”

“Oh no, another nagger has arrived.” Minhyuk muttered, his mother sent him a look before the two women laughed.

“Actually, I was just on my way out, auntie. Please remind Minhyuk oppa to rest and stop watching those late night shows he loves so much.” Jungah said as she picked up her purse and blew Minhyuk a kiss, the male rolled his eyes and flicked it away.

“It’s my only escape.”

“Gag shows are a little outdated, oppa.”

“Thank you for the apples, please leave.”

Jungah laughed, she excused herself before stepping out of the private suite. She looked up as her four guards approached her.

“I don’t like this, hyungnim.” She murmured as they kept pace with her, one already went ahead to press the elevator button.

“We just found out something, young miss.”

The five got inside the machine, the doors closed before her hyungnim spoke again.

“Kim Donghee’s son is also here. He’s been transferred to this hospital a couple of days ago, he is to undergo an operation for his legs.”

Jungah grimaced, remembering the car crash she caused for him.

“It’s not your fault, young miss. You were defending yourself.”

“I know, but why does it have to be here?” She sighed, the doors opened. The guards grew amused at her reply, she really was starting to sound like her Dots.

“Did they ask to add guards to Minhyuk oppa’s floor?” She asked as they stepped out, the guards nodded before speaking.

“Yes,…young master Two Dots already sent some people.”

Jungah chuckled at their use of her endearments, but then she noticed someone standing across them. The girl halted, the grip on her purse tightening.

“Noona,” Wonwoo softly spoke as he met her gaze, the guards glanced at each other, concerned, and confused.

“He must be here to visit his cousin.” One of the men whispered, Jungah exhaled, Wonwoo walked towards them, her two guards moved, covering his view of her.

“Noona, can…can we talk?”

Jungah met her guards’ gaze, and they shifted slightly, making space for Wonwoo to see her.

“I want to say no.” She said to him, Wonwoo flinched and in his cheeks.

“Noona, I’m sorry. I really am. I..wasn’t thinking straight that night.”

“How could you go to my grandfather and say things like that? What about me? Does my…opinion not count?” She stated, her forehead furrowed.

“Please..let me explain, noona. There’s a café nearby, let me..buy you a drink. Let’s…talk this over, noona.” He said as he stretched one hand to her.

“For old time’s sake, noona.”

 

 

 

“I don’t understand.” Shownu finally spoke, the room grew quiet as all eyes went to the young executive. Hyundai Motors’ vice president shifted on his seat, he leaned his elbows on the table and looked at the board.

“We applied for the permits months ago, budget has been released for both projects, so , why,” He stopped drumming his fingers on the table, the room grew tensed.

“Why is it heavily delayed?” He said flatly. His secretary grimaced and turned his gaze, not wanting to watch.

“Sir, it’s because of the current market situation. We may already have the budget for it, but there are factors we cannot~”

“I just asked why it’s delayed. I didn’t ask about the current market situation. Tell me what went wrong.” He stated, his eyebrows bunched together, the director who spoke deflated on his seat.

“Vice president, the development team did submit necessary documentation for the permits. But, one of the local…officials wanted more.”

“More?” Shownu repeated, the room grew silent again. His secretary looked up when he saw one his boss’s men quietly enter the room, he left his seat and approached him.

“Have we not given them enough? The title is already in our hands, we paid them more than the market value.”

“Exactly, sir.”

“What about the budget? A report has not yet been sent to me since last week.” Shownu replied, his tone getting icier by the moment, the other directors could only look down at their hands, slightly terrified of having to answer to him. While the young vice president is known to be a great boss, he’s one of the reasons why Hyundai Motors was able to take back their share in the market over the past few years, it was also common knowledge that he did not like it when things weren’t on schedule. And, with his silent nature, no one really knew what was on his mind.

“Is it urgent?” The secretary asked, the male showed his phone’s screen and the latter grimaced.

“Go.” He said as he picked up Shownu’s coat from the rack.

“We did hand in donations so that the processing would be handled first, but,” The director trailed off when the male approached the executive.

Shownu glanced up from the documents and nodded at him to come over.

“Sir, something has happened. We just got a call.” The guard spoke in hushed tones, Shownu’s brows went up.

“What is it?”

“It’s the young miss.”

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++