044

What's Your Secret?

 

 

 

“She’s late today.” Wonho commented as he grabbed his water bottle, Shownu looked up from the treadmill and glanced at the doorway. Yesterday, Jungah took off right after deplaning and headed to her office for a meeting. And they haven’t seen the girl since, her guards reported that she arrived at around ten in the evening and did not take her dinner at the house.

“She must be tired.” Shownu replied, unsure. They heard Kihyun speaking with Changkyun in the kitchen, and they all wondered what would happen if the two cousins encountered each other, the older Yoo was irked by what the girl had done. But she wasn’t wrong.

“Do you think she’d be against to her added security?” Wonho murmured as he set down the weights, Shownu shrugged at the male.

“What happened yesterday? She met up with Wonwoo then you arrived.”

The older male paused, he wanted to ask the girl about that. She looked so pale and shaken when he got to her, and he was sure Kim Donghee was there too. But he never got the chance to ask her anything, they all rushed to Jeju and Jungah went off to hunt the driver.

“I don’t know, she didn’t tell.” Shownu stepped down from the machine, and the two topless males went back into the house.

“She tells you everything.” Wonho commented with a grin, Shownu glanced at him, the latter rolled his eyes.

“You’re usually the only one who knows what’s running in her head, One Dot.” He pointed out, Shownu was about to reply when Jungah stepped in the kitchen.

“Good morning, sharpshooter.” Kihyun commented, the male was already dressed for work, but judging from the dark shadows under his eyes, he didn’t sleep well.

“Why, thank you.” Jungah replied, clearly not in the mood to discuss what happened last night. Changkyun grinned before handing her a cup of coffee.

“Hello, princess.” Wonho called out while grabbing his shirt and putting it on, Jungah smiled back at him then she paused, and took a step back.

“Did you sleep well?” Shownu asked as he joined them, Jungah pressed her lips in a flat line.

“Yes.” She replied as she took sips from her coffee, Kihyun lifted the milk for her, but she set the cup down.

“I’m..going to go to work.”

“I told them you won’t be coming today.” Kihyun said.

“Why?”

“Jungah, you just shot~”

“I’m going to work!” She claimed as she pulled away from the group, Changkyun’s brows went up while Shownu stared at her, confused.

“Okay, go.” Kihyun sighed, not getting her. She grabbed a slice of bread from the counter and jogged out of the kitchen.

“She seems…jumpy even without coffee.” Wonho chuckled, Shownu set his sandwich down and went after her.

 

 

 

“This is your plan?” Rowoon asked as he shifted on his wheelchair, the male was still having a hard time walking and therapy could only do so much for his limp.

“Three of them are currently out of…duty, son. Lee Minhyuk is still advised to stay home, that brat who shot you can’t exactly move around right now. And Lee Jooheon is recuperating from his injuries.”

“Sir, I’m sorry for interfering, but…don’t you think this is too risky?” His secretary spoke, Rowoon glanced at the male.

“What do you mean?” Kim Donghee asked, annoyed.

“I just got word this morning about the driver, he’s one of our men, sir.”

“I already ordered the transfer to his account, does he find it lacking?” The ex-mayoral candidate scoffed and shook his head.

“People these days, really.” Rowoon muttered under his breath as he took out his phone.

“It’s not that, sir. It seems that…the young miss Chang got him. Got to him, rather.”

The two men paused, their eyes on the secretary, who looked rather uncomfortable.

“What?”

“Jungah got to him? How?”

The male wordlessly produced a stack of photos and placed them on the desk, the two Kims leaned over and Rowoon halted.

“The young miss shot both of his kneecaps, and he received stab wounds. I think it’s time we admit that we may have underestimated her.”

“She did this alone? Surely, those boys would never let her go~”

“Yes, she was alone when this happened, the other….young masters only arrived once she let her location be known. The police arrived shortly to clean up.”

Rowoon scoffed and shook his head, Kim Donghee exhaled and drummed his fingers on the table.

“You said she wasn’t trained, son.”

“How would I know? That was what I got from Wonwoo, she’s basically a spoiled brat who moved around a lot as a kid.”

“Wonwoo. Right.” The elder murmured as his secretary took the photos away, he shuddered seeing the shot of their goon’s knees.

“Any news on that? Did he win her over? You said that Wonwoo has feelings for her.”

Rowoon leaned back on his seat, his lips curling up.

“Son, they ruined my campaign, we must get back at them. This isn’t just about territories and competition now, we’ve been letting them take everything for years. If it weren’t for their organization~”

“Abeoji, relax. I’ll talk to Wonwoo about it. I’l…take care of the young miss, we just found her weakness.”

 

 

 

“I get that this is their house too, but walking around shirtless?” Jungah mumbled to herself as she crossed the living room, her guards saw her and she rushed them to have the car prepared.

“It’s too early. Way too early.” She pressed her palms against her cheeks, her cookie stuck inside the pocket of her pants.

“Jungah, wait.”

The girl jumped when she felt a hand on her shoulder, Shownu immediately pulled back, stunned.

“O—Oppa, hi.”

Hi? What the hell, Jungah.

“Are you leaving without breakfast?” Shirtless Shownu asked, she narrowed her eyes at him, refusing to look below his neck or chin. Just at his face.

“I’m kind of late, oppa.”

“Jungah,”

“Yes?”

“Kihyun said that you’d be taking the day off, your office is already aware of this.” Shownu replied, crossing his arms, and tilting his head at her.

“Oh, well, I don’t want to?” She blurted out.

Just please let me go, Son Hyunwoo.

“Are you sure?”

“Yes.”

“Then, leaving the house without your phone and purse is okay?” He was smiling now, Jungah blinked, realizing that she left her bag upstairs. But to get to the stairs, she has to walk pass him.

And that was not ideal, no, no, it was frightening. Her eyes went back to the male before her, it was ridiculous how nervous she was right now. She should not have said those things to Wonwoo yesterday, her stupid, stupid mouth really needed to be sewn.

“Jungah,”

She blinked at him and pursed her lips.

Tall and handsome as hell, freaking One Dot.

“Maybe…I need a detox from my phone. You know, gadget reliance detox thingy? I’ll do that today.” She slowly started to retreat from him, then she turned for the doors.

“Jungah, let’s talk later, alright?”

Jungah grimaced, her fingers circling around the doorknob.

“Sure, I’ll be home by~”

“I’ll be at your office for lunch, make some time for me, yes?”

Jungah glanced back and nodded at him.

“Okay, okay, my treat. Can I go now?” She could hear herself whine, but she really wanted to leave the house.

“No. I’m paying, seeing as to how you’re leaving without your purse.” Shownu’s lips curled up in amusement.

“Cool, cool.” She said before running out of the doors and jumping into the waiting Land Rover.

 

 

 

“No, it can’t be.”

The secretary paused by the doors, he blinked at his boss in confusion.

“Is this about the GR Construction deal, ma’am?” He asked as he continued walking in, Jungah looked up from her laptop.

“I just spoke with them earlier, things..are pushing through, I will be meeting them this month.”

“Ah, then, what’s wrong, ma’am?”

“It can’t be lunchtime already.” She said to him, the male glanced at the wall clock.

“Yes, we only have ten~”

“Don’t say it!” She raised a finger at him, the male pressed his lips together, he watched as Jungah stood up from her seat and begrudgingly put her coat on. They both heard two soft knocks, and one of her guards appeared.

“Shall we have the car prepared, agasshi?”

The secretary nodded at the male in acknowledgement, most employees were surprised seeing the number of bodyguards that Yoo girl had, but everyone knew that it was better not knowing why she had them.

“Wanna grab a sandwich in Busan, hyungnim?”

“What?”

“B—Busan?” Her secretary repeated, Jungah walked towards the doors and the two males followed her, her other guards were already by the elevator.

“I know vice president Yoo is out, but can you ask his office if I could have copies of~” The elevator doors pinged open, Jungah turned and paused.

“Lunch?” The male asked with a small smile, Jungah’s secretary stepped back.

“The young miss wanted to grab a sandwich in Busan, sir. Shall we have the helicopter~” The guard grimaced when Jungah slapped his arm.

“No..No sandwiches. No Busan.” She muttered as they got in the elevator, Shownu tilted his head at her as the machine went down.

“How was work?” He asked her, Jungah scrunched her nose before speaking.

“I spoke to this construction guy regarding a contract, his first words were, “You’re a girl, then this is going to be difficult.” I can’t even say that I’m surprised, oppa.”

“What did you tell him?”

The doors opened and the two headed out, Jungah’s guards remained a good distance away, no one really dare touch the girl with Son Hyunwoo beside her, and of course, Jungah can take care of herself.

“I ended the call, I’m not in the mood for that crap.”

“Wanna tell Chankgyun who it is so he can~”

“No.” She groaned in reply, they reached his waiting car and the girl paused, she turned to the male.

“But, you don’t have to do this.” She said softly, Shownu paused, his brows went up.

“What?”

“Doing this. You don’t have to~”

“But, we always get lunch together. Well, just now since you don’t work for Galleria anymore.”

“No, I mean, oppa, I…know I said some things that may..make you feel like you have to be nice to me and, I just…you don’t have to think about it too much, okay? I said~”

“Are we talking about Wonwoo? The other day.” Shownu said to her, the girl grimaced but she nodded at him.

“Kim Donghee said some things, huh?”

“Yes. And, just as he finished his speech, I read Changkyun’s message. And, things just..clicked.” She murmured as she fiddled with the strap of her wristwatch.

“Can we skim over that and talk about something else?”

“What? No. Let’s stay with Kim Donghee.” She stated, still refusing to meet his gaze.

“I want to ask if Wonwoo hurt you again. He seems..tensed when I saw him.” Shownu stated, Jungah blinked at him.

“That’s what you want to know?”

“Yes.” Shownu replied quickly as he opened the car’s door for her.

“Oppa, I just rejected him in front of you, and you want to ask that?”

“Well, he has a tendency to be rough with you during your past few encounters with him, I am worried.”

Jungah chewed on her lower lip.

“You didn’t hear anything else…strange?”

“We don’t have to talk about it if you don’t want to.” Shownu smiled and gestured for her to get inside, Jungah’s forehead creased.

“How are..you not uncomfortable?” She blurted out, his brows went up as he met her gaze.

“Because I’m not.” He smiled again before leaning down and planted a quick peck on her cheek, Jungah froze and stared at him.

“Because, I see you that way too. Now, let’s go get sandwiches in Busan.”

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++