045

What's Your Secret?

 

 

 

“I was joking about the sandwiches.” Jungah murmured as she slid down from the car, Shownu smiled as he followed her to the house.

“I was serious when I said you needed at least a couple of days off work.”

Jungah glanced at him, and rolled her eyes.

“But,” Shownu spoke again as the girl pushed the doors open, the two stepped into the home, they could hear Changkyun and Wonho chatting in the living room.

“I know, Kim Donghee was there. And, honestly, oppa,” She said as they walked together, Shownu gave her hand a small squeeze.

“I…I didn’t know he’s that..wicked.”

“Wicked?” Wonho echoed, hearing her statement. Kihyun looked up from his laptop, and raised his brows at her.

“Kim Donghee said some things to me..that day,” She begun as she leaned against the back of the sofa, her forehead creasing.

“He said if we don’t stop, he can make life a living hell for me. And, he’ll make sure I’ll regret ever siding with you guys.”

Changkyun was about to speak, but the girl raised one finger.

“As if I had a choice at the beginning? I’m one of the them.” She jutted her lips at Kihyun with a sigh, Shownu’s brows rose, amused.

“One of us, actually. But glad to hear you’re not that disturbed by it.” Kihyun said with a small teasing smile, Jungah in her cheeks.

“Oppa, think about it, it all started when we got those computers and hard drives, they wanted to get it back so badly that they injured Minhyuk oppa. They were willing to start a war.” She crossed her arms, Shownu poured himself a drink before taking a seat, watching her talk.

“Then, this, openly putting a hit on Jooheon and Hyungwon, they really need those things back, which~”

“Makes you wonder what’s in those hard drives.” Changkyun finished for her, the girl slowly nodded.

“Well?” Wonho spoke as he loosened his tie.

“I got nothing yet, I managed to hack into some of this bank accounts, some are off shore, but..nothing really..big. ” The younger male murmured.

“We’re still trying to crack into one of the computers, but…it’s going to take some time, noona.”

Jungah puffed her cheeks and gave him a small smile.

“Should I make dinner?”

“You cook?” Wonho beamed at her, Jungah scrunched her nose in reply.

“Don’t get your hopes up. Give me a few minutes to change, then let’s start.” Jungah winked at him before leaving the room, Kihyun pressed his lips together as all eyes went to One Dot.

“So, I heard from the guards,” Wonho hummed, rubbing his palms together.

“Sandwiches, hyung.” Changkyun nodded along, Kihyun started to grin at the older male.

“She said she wanted them.” Shownu said under his breath, Wonho started laughing.

“Tell me, Hyundai Motor’s Son Hyunwoo, how many meetings were cancelled today because you had an urgent sandwich situation~” A pillow landed on Wonho’s face and Shownu left the living room.

Kihyun and Changkyun started laughing.

 

 

 

“What? You went alone?”

Jungah looked at her laptop, her father was glaring down at her.

“Well, you know how I am, appa. I like it when things are done quickly, so I went by myself~”

“Those men are dangerous, Jungah!”

“So are the guys I live with, but you know, touché.” She grinned at him; attorney Chang narrowed his eyes at her. It was almost two in the morning when her father called, wanting to talk or reprimand her, she wasn’t sure.

“And what is this I hear? Your aunt called.”

Jungah grimaced and looked away, she was seated on the living room’s carpeted floor, munching on some microwaved pizza.

“What did you hear? Don’t you want to talk about work first? Appa, I joined~”

“About Wonwoo telling your grandfather he wants to marry you.”

Jungah shrunk back and leaned against the foot of the couch behind her, her father eyed her warily.

“Ah, that.”

“That.”

Jungah chewed on her lower lip, not knowing how to explain to her father.

“Did you say no?” He finally spoke, the girl paused.

“What?”

“I mean, I’m sure he asked you out at some point, what did you tell him? If it got to your aunt, I’m assuming your grandfather didn’t react well.”

“Y—Yes, I mean, I told him I only saw him as a friend. I…And no, I didn’t know halbae didn’t react well. But, I got the feeling he didn’t..approve of him.” Jungah murmured, her family sometimes confused her.

“Why?”

“Why did halbae not approve of him?” Jungah said, her father shook his head.

“No, why did you not…accept him?”

“Ah, well, like I said, he’s like~”

“Either way, I’m kind of glad you didn’t, daughter.” Her father smiled before taking a sip of his wine. Jungah nodded in reply, still unsure.

“And, your aunt said other things too.”

“What things?”

“It involves you and one of your cousin’s friends.” The elder started to smile in a teasing manner, Jungah sighed and shook her head.

“Appa,”

“I just want to say, I’m happy that you met someone you genuinely like, Jungah.”

“Or you’re happy that I met someone that the whole family approves of.” She grumbled; the male let out a laugh.

“No, I mean it. All the years I’ve known Hyunwoo, I always got the feeling you two would get along well. I just..I never really thought of having to introduce you two, maybe I should have, maybe~”

“Oh no, please don’t play matchmaker.” She winced at his words.

“Well, I’m glad you two met. And it’s nice seeing you join your mother’s family, I’m sure she would have loved seeing you at your office.”

Jungah pressed her lips together and nodded at him.

“I’ll see you when I get back, daughter. Tell Kihyun I say hi.”

“Yes, take care.” She said, her father smiled before ending the call. Jungah closed her laptop and headed back to her room.

 

 

 

Kihyun eyed the male warily, the doctors had finished operating on him before he was shipped back to Seoul.

“What did we get?” He asked, Wonho was leaning against the doorway.

“We got his name. And his trace to Kim Donghee.”

“Minhyuk says that this man has been with the Kims for a while now. And,” Wonho trailed off and uncrossed his arms.

“He used to be Chairman Jeon’s personal chauffeur.”

Kihyun stilled, his eyes went back to unconscious man before them. Jungah did quite a number on him, the doctors had to stitch back a long gash on his back, along with his blown kneecaps.

“I’m about to report this, Changkyun already is running another check on Wonwoo right now.”

“That’s….strange.” Kihyun muttered.

“And way too coincidental, huh?” Wonho shrugged, one of their guards moved forward to roll the driver away.

“This and the fact that he managed to corner Jungah while she was out with Wonwoo the other day,” Kihyun trailed off, chewing on his lower lip.

“I think it’s really time we put…him on the other side of the list.” Wonho suggested as they walked back to their cars.

“Do you think princess will be okay with that?”

“I think she’s been hoping we suggest it ever since he pissed her off at that party.” Kihyun mused as he unlocked his Bentley.

“But, that may start complications for your family, the Jeons are your friends, right?”

The older Yoo paused, he glanced back at Jungah’s parked car briefly.

“I think…the moment we found out that Rowoon is Kim Donghee’s son, we already lost that friendship.”

“But, what does Kim Donghee want exactly? Territories? He knows he can’t have that.”

“Power.” Kihyun said, Wonho rolled his eyes and put on his coat.

“He ran for mayor so that he could gain control, but we got him disqualified, that ruined his plans. Then, we got his computers and drives, that can probably ruin his life too.”

“But he started it.” Wonho pointed out, Kihyun smirked in reply.

“Exactly.”

 

 

 

“How bad is it?” Jungah said as she walked in the room, Changkyun looked up from the monitors and gave her a defeated smile.

“Not good, noona.” He said, the girl set a box of cookies and coffee beside him.

“You didn’t go to work today?”

“I did, this morning. But, it felt weird doing my…rounds at other offices with..my added security.” Jungah said as she wandered off to Hyungwon’s side of the room, it was actually a wide office that was equipped with Changkyun’s tech stuff and other gadgets, the other half was occupied by baby Chae’s armory.

“I’m surprised you didn’t give hyung a hard time about that.” He commented as he eyed Kim Donghee’s laptop again.

“Hmm.” She hummed back.

“You do know he always lets you win, right?” Changkyun called out in between bites, Jungah turned to him and smiled.

“I…just found out, I guess. Hey,” She picked up one of the .45 pistols and walked towards him.

“I remember asking you to check on Wonwoo again,”

Changkyun’s brows at her words, Jungah leaned against his desk before speaking.

“Did you find anything~”

“Noona, before that, I just want you to know that I’m…always gonna be right behind you, no matter what..or who you choose. But that boy is kind of really in love with you, and I may not like him personally, but…I just want you to know that you have other options too. Better options.” Changkyun said quickly, the girl grew amused.

“Really?”

“Really.” Changkyun turned to her.

“Hmm, by options you mean, it could be you, Wonho oppa or even Baby Chae?”

“W—Well, I---I didn’t say~” Changkyun trailed off, at a loss of words.

“You said I had options, I just want to make sure, because at these times, I gotta be sure and~”

“What are you two up to?” Shownu strolled in, Changkyun bolted up from his seat and hopped away from the older girl.

“He said I have options; in case I decide to not go with Wonwoo.” Jungah mused as she took the seat Changkyun just vacated.

“You do?” Shownu chimed in, as Chankgyun leaned in to whisper to him.

“I tried to help you, steer her towards you but~”

“I don’t need steering.” Jungah murmured as she randomly opened the files Changkyun was able to hack from days prior.

“What~”

“Hi, I thought I was going to pick you up.” Shownu said as he reached the girl and leaned down to kiss the top of her head, Changkyun paused and eyed the two.

“I forgot to text you, sorry. But, I decided to head home and ordered lunch.” She looked up from the screen briefly, the youngest male tilted his head but slowly nodded in understanding.

“I’m glad you two have that settled, I would never know how to explain to Jooheon hyung if you ended up saying yes to Jeon Wonwoo.” Changkyun shuddered before leaving the room.

“Ah, of course, the classic hovering from my mafia boys.” Jungah hummed with a smile as she eyed photos of Rowoon and his father.

“That’s a lot of offshore accounts.” Shownu commented, his eyes on one of the screens.

“Something’s not adding up.” She murmured as she pulled away from the desk, Shownu tilted his head at her.

“How was work?” She asked him, Shownu shook his head and leaned against the desk.

“I have a meeting this afternoon, so I have to leave in a bit. You? Why did you decide to end the day early? Did something happen?”

Jungah shook her head, she stood up but before the girl could grab a cookie, Shownu gently took her hand in his and tugged her back.

“I know you’re worried that something might happen, but I assure you, Jungah, nothing- no one can hurt you. They can’t get to you, not while~”

“That’s not what I’m..bothered about.” She said, Shownu’s brows went up, the girl stood before him, refusing to meet his gaze.

“And, no, it’s not the added guards.” She continued, his lips quirked up and he placed both hands on her waist.

“Then, what is it?”

“You..guys go on separate ways daily, you lot go to work, attend meetings, be at conferences and move around the city. And…I can’t help but think of bad things, you know? With what happened to Jooheon and Hyungwon, I…I..” Her forehead creased, unsure of how to continue.

“We’ll be fine, Jungah. Now that we know what they’re probably after, the men have been briefed about it. They~”

“I know, I know.” She muttered, placing one hand on his shoulder.

“I mean, how can we not be fine when someone might get back at them and blow off their knees, right?”

“I was hoping people would drop that.” She muttered under her breath, Shownu smiled, sensing how worried the girl was and it was nice that she told him about it.

“Can I?” He asked with a soft tug on her hand, the girl blinked at him but she nodded. He slowly pulled the girl to his chest and pressed his nose against his hair.

“I know you’re worried about us, and I’m thankful that you are. But, we can’t let Kim Donghee and his plans stop us from living, Jungah.”

“I was hoping we can stop him from living. But, okay.” She muttered back, Shownu almost chuckled.

“I see you’re a little dark today.” He hummed back, his arms tightening around her, Jungah sighed before returning his hug.

“Baby Chae kicked me out of the hospital today.”

“Really? Why?”

“He said he wanted space.” She rolled her eyes, Shownu chuckled and kissed her cheek.

“But, I’m glad you’re here, Son Hyunwoo.” Jungah whispered to him before burying her face against his chest.

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++