005

What's Your Secret?

 

 

 

Jungah sighed as she leaned against the table, the guys were discussing her. Well, they were discussing what to do with her.

“You know, I would really appreciate it if..you ask for my opinion on these things. Since…we’re talking about me.”

“Hmm, that doesn’t sound like a good idea.” Kihyun said to her, the girl rolled her eyes at him.

“What do you have in mind, miss Chang?” Minhyuk turned to her with a smile.

“First of all, no guards.” She said, she all saw them paused at her words.

“And, I do not need your people following me. I can take care of myself, and most people don’t know who my parents are. I don’t think that would be a problem.” She continued as she reached for her cup of tea.

“That was before, Jungah.” Kihyun said to her, she shook her head at him.

“Before what? Nothing happened, oppa. The only thing that changed is….this.” She looked around the table, Wonho was waving at her, she smiled back at him.

“She…kind of has a point.” Jooheon murmured, Kihyun shushed him.

“Do not give in to her.” Kihyun muttered, Jungah winked at him.

“I’ll be fine, oppa. Abeoji will probably call me in a few days so,” She stood up and looked around the room again.

“I’ll…keep in touch by then. But now, I really would like to head home and rest,”

“Have the car prepared.” Hyungwon spoke through his earpiece, but Minhyuk shook his head at him.

“Let’s drive her home.” Wonho volunteered, Jungah blinked at them.

“I was planning to take a cab home.”

“Cabs won’t be able to access this place, let them drive you home.” Shownu stood up from his seat, Jungah narrowed her eyes at him.

“However,”

“Ugh, it’s the however.” She grumbled under her breath, Changkyun almost broke into a laugh.

“You cannot negotiate with one arrangement.” Shownu said as he leaned against the back of the chair he had just vacated.

“What’s that?” She asked, unfazed by his usual flat tone.

“You have to have security around your place.”

“Ah, you mean, you have to have eyes on me.” She shot back, Hyungwon’s brows went up, the girl was full of surprises.

“Not that we want to, but yes. It’s for your safety.” Shownu replied, evenly meeting her gaze.

“Safety? I have been living under~”

“Under the radar, yes. But Jungah, it never hurts to be safe. You’re one of us too, it’s only right we make sure that no one bothers you. Don’t worry, the guards won’t get in your way.” Wonho intervened as he walked around the table.

“Fine.” She muttered, Kihyun walked towards the girl and gave her a quick hug.

“I’ll call tomorrow, please pick up.”

“It depends, I’m still kind of annoyed.” She muttered in reply, he smiled and pulled away from her.

“Changkyun will come see you tomorrow, we have some items that we need you to have.” Shownu spoke, and then he left the room. Changkyun scrunched his nose before following the older male.

“So, would you like to grab ice cream on the way home, Jungah?” Minhyuk said as he walked her towards the door, Wonho chuckled and held the door for them.

“Do not spoil her!” Kihyun hollered but Wonho shut the door on him.

“Ice cream sounds great. You two are a lot nicer than the others.”

“What about me?” Jooheon reappeared with a huge grin, he had a toolbox with him, they had reached the outdoors and Jungah glanced about.

“You’re cute, like a baby. Which is weird, considering you are part of this whole..thing.” Jungah mused, she noticed the amount of cars parked outside. What caught her eye were the two Lamborghinis parked beside each other, Jooheon’s yellow Aventador from earlier, and the purple one beside it.

“I’ll see you around, princess.” Jooheon gave her a wave before walking back to the building, Jungah recognized an Audi R8 and a Porsche 911 a few meters away from them. A black McLaren had lit up beside Kihyun’s Bentley.

“Jungah?” Wonho called to her as Suburban pulled over before them.

“You know where I live, right?”

“We do. But first,” Minhyuk opened the door for her.

“Ice cream?”

The two males chuckled as she climbed up the vehicle.

“That and, we need you to save our numbers. For emergency purposes.”

 

 

 

“The old man can’t be found. It’s like he simply disappeared.” The male said as he barged into the room, the man behind the desk turned.

“What do you mean? Doesn’t he always do that? He keeps quiet for a couple of days only for us to find out that he just flew to Jeju or some other island.”

“No, sir. This feels different. There has been no movement on their side too.”

“So? Those brats got their package, I think that should be enough to distract them, we have another shipment coming. We can’t let them intercept it again.”

“I know that, sir. But the attorney, I don’t think he’s still in the country.”

“What do you mean?” The male tossed his cigarette away and leaned forward.

“I have people tracing him, his phone hasn’t been in use for two days now. And his main office has been closed too, he asked one of his partners at the firm to take his cases.”

The latter grew silent and he walked towards the windows, he slowly shook his head.

“So, Chang is missing?”

“That, or they’ve hidden him. Probably flew him out of the country, why do you think so, sir?”

He exhaled and buried his hands in his pockets.

“That is for us to find out. it’s probably because of next election? I doubt that, they don’t meddle with those things. They think it’s below them. Arrogant bastards.”

“Maybe it’s about the expansion? Our territories~”

“Let’s look into that later, check on his connections. Or family.”

“Yes?”

“Let’s lure him out. There must be something, right?”

“He lives a very private life, so, I’m not sure~”

The male turned to him, there was a smirk on his face as he reached for the pistol on his desk.

“He must have a family, right? A weakness.”

“Yes.”

“Look into it, and inform me right away. Maybe it is time we teach those kids a lesson.”

 

 

 

Jungah was typing in some reports for next week’s programs when Haerin suddenly walked to her cubicle, the girl looked giddy and had this huge smile onf her face.

“What is it? Did you and the boyfriend make up again?” Jungah asked wanly, she didn’t really have a good feeling about the guy, but Haerin was happy. That’s why she nevr said anything.

“No, well yes, we did go out last night. But,”

“But, what?” Jungah lifted her hands off the keyboard.

“You have a guest. He’s waiting at the staff cafeteria, and my oh my, unnie, where did you meet him?”

Jungah blinked at her, confused.

“What? A guest?” She glanced at the flowers on her desk, she smiled.

“He called in a few minutes ago, he was let in right away. He must have connections, huh? Is this your mystery suitor? The one with the flowers?” Haerin grew excited, Jungah stood up from her seat.

“He’s just a friend. I’ll go see him, please finish the schedule for the event next week.”

“Right, we have to work.” Haerin scoffed before moving asway. Jungah was grinning as she left their office and made her way towards the escalators, she went down and reached the cafeteria.

Jungah walked into the place, some of the other staff greeted her with familiarity as she passed by and then she saw a male, clad in an all black suit sitting by himself at one of the table.

“It’s not him.” She murmured to herself, Changkyun met her gaze and he slowly raised one hand to her. Jungah smiled at him before joining the younger male.

“I see you guys work fast.”

“Are..you busy, Jun~”

“Just call me noona. I was told you’re younger than me.” She chuckled, Changkyun smiled before placing a black duffel across them. Jungah was about to speak when she noticed the two males, dressed in dark suits standing a few meters away from them. Changkyun followed her gaze and he grew sheepish.

“They’re with me.”

“I know, but, what’s this?” She said as she tugged on the bag’s strap. He started to take out the items from inside, Jungah leaned back on her seat.

“The items Shownu hyung mentioned last night.” He said as he pushed a group of boxes towards her, she paused as she opened them.

“J—Jewelry?” She said, she looked around them, her workmates kept on glancing at their table.

“Yes, this ring has a small tracking device on it. It’s not activated, however if you find yourself in a difficult situation, you just have to press on the diamond over here,” Changkyun took the ring and pointed at the diamond.

“It will give out a signal, and it will notify us.” He said as he asked for her hand, Jungah let him put it on her.

“The same thing goes for the necklace? And the earrings?”

Changkyun nodded with a smile, Jungah noticed that they also prepared a small flash drive.

“What’s this?”

“Ah, Mihyuk hyung thought that it was unfair that we know a lot of things about you, and you barely know our names, so,”

“I prepared this, if..you have time or..if you want to know about us, there are files inside. Just..don’t upload on the Internet or something.” Changkyun said with a small smile.

“Maybe I should that and have the mafia after my neck, seems fun.” She playfully said, she checked on her watch.

“I love…the diamonds, thank you. But, I kind of need to head back.” Jungah pressed her lips together, Chankyun nodded and he stood up.

“Thanks for coming by, Changkyun-ah. I’ll walk you downstairs. And, your hyungnims too.” She chuckled as she gestured for the male to follow her.

The two made their way out of the cafeteria, she noticed Haerin and Joon staring at them, both were grinning. Jungah shook her head and checked the ring she was wearing.

“Is everything okay, noona?”

“Yes, but you have just been tagged as my mysterious suitor. Poor you.”

 

 

 

Jungah was stretching her arms as she made her way towards her place. It was a quaint little place just a few blocks away from her workplace, it had two floors and one car parking slot. It was the perfect place for her even though she was just renting it.

She was about to head for the gates when she saw the same Suburban from earlier that morning still parked across the street, she puffed her cheeks and walked towards the vehicle.

Two men in dark suits stepped down as they saw her.

“Young miss,” They greeted her.

“Are you not tired? I’m sure nothing will happen. You should rest.” She frowned at them.

“It’s fine, we~”

Jungah’s phone started to ring, she took it out and looked at the screen. The guards followed her gaze and their brows went up.

..

Two dots was calling her, she had saved one of her contacts using two periods.

“How about we order some beer and chicken~”

One of the guards suddenly spoke to his earpiece, he paused and looked at the girl.

“Yes, sir. She’s here, we were just talking.” He glanced at Jungah’s phone again.

“Yes, we will inform her.”

“What’s that?”

“It was young master Son, he mentioned that young master Shin was trying to get a hold of you.”

“Ah, Wonho oppa is two dots. Minhyuk oppa is three dots and so on.” She grinned, still not answering the call. The two guards looked at each other.

“We were told to that you are invited to dinner, we’ll drive you there, young miss.”

“Again? Them again? Why?” She sighed, the guards grinned and one opened the car’s door for her.

“They have reserved a private hall, it’s only a couple of minutes away, ma’am.”

Jungah was mumbling as she got inside the SUV, she leaned back on the seat as the car moved forward. She sent Wonho a quick text, informing that she had already left her place. He replied with a bunch of smiley emojis. She grew amused.

“I wasn’t expecting emojis from a guy with a built like that.”

After a few minutes, they had pulled over in front of Korea House. It was one of those restaurants where you could reserve one of the rooms or “palaces” and dine in private. She stepped down from the car, the girl was about to turn to her guards when a black Audi R8 pulled over behind them. The two males bowed as the driver slid down.

“Oh, it’s one dot.” She said to herself, the guards hid their grins.

“You’re here.” Shownu said as he buttoned his coat and walked towards her.

“You make it sound like I had a choice not to be.” She said, he didn’t comment and gestured for her to walk ahead of him.

“What’s this all about? I already met everyone last night.” She said as they approached one of the palaces.

“There are some things that still need to be discussed. Don’t worry, it won’t take long.” He replied, the doors swung open, revealing a smiling Jooheon waving at her.

“Jungah, hello!” Minhyuk said as she walked in, Shownu walked towards his seat and quietly sat down.

“Hi.” She blinked, Kihyun gestured for her to take the seat beside his.

“Well, last night, I realized that it was all rushed, and we don’t want to seem rude or too harsh, so,” Minhyuk began as tea was being served to them.

“We want to properly introduce ourselves.”

“The flash drive wasn’t enough?” She mouthed to Changkyun, the latter smiled and shook his head.

“You know Jooheon and Changkyun by now. Jooheon is our best driver, and he knows his way around vehicles too. Our youngest is our computer wizard, our genius tech person.”

Jungah nodded and peered over the tea, she took one whiff of it and slowly pushed it back.

“Oppa, can we ask for another kind of tea? This is corn.” She whispered to her cousin, Kihyun nodded and called for the attendant.

“Hyungwon is the one assigned with the armory. The guns, ammo and everything.”

“Like someone who shoots people?” She said while making imaginary guns with her fingers, Hyungwon looked at her and nodded.

“Kihyun is our negotiator, our brain.” Minhyuk said then he pointed to himself.

“My cousin is the fixer, I read the files.”

“Right, and I am the~”

“You’re the impulsive negotiator, sit down. Food is about to be served.” Hyungwon commented, the latter chuckled.

“I handle all the negotiations for the team, Wonho hyung is second in command.” He continued, Jungah nodded and Wonho nudged her.

“Call me anytime if someone bothers you. Oppa will take care of them for you.” Wonho whispered, Kihyun sighed at him.

“And, he is the boss?” Jungah asked, she glanced at Shownu, he paused.

“I’m not.”

“He is.” The others spoke, she paused, her lips quirked up.

“I see you guys have issues to fix.” Jungah grew amused as another type of tea was served, she took a small sip.

“Hyung keeps things running smoothly. More like a leader, than a boss.” Jooheon chimed in as food arrived.

“Ah, so it’s not a babysitter?” She mused, the latter chuckled.

“Sometimes it feels like that, noona.” Changkyun spoke.

“I can see that.” She said, she glanced at the eldest again, Shownu was chatting with Kihyun and Wonho.

“No one really wanted to step up back then, hyung took it since he’s the eldest. Looking back, we’re lucky he did that.” Hyungwon said as he pushed some of the dishes towards her.

“Ah, he speaks.”

Jooheon guffawed, Hyungwon eyed the two warily.

“So, everyone is “oppa”, except for Jooheon and Changkyun?” She turned to Kihyun, the latter nodded back at her.

“And, I call him “boss”?” She jutted her lips at Shownu, the male paused and met her gaze.

“No one calls him that, Jungah. Would you like some beef?”

“He doesn’t give the “oppa” vibes, oppa.”

“There’s a vibe for it?” Kihyun sighed again, she grinned, clearly messing with him.

“You can call me however you want, go with whatever you’re comfortable with.” Shownu spoke from his seat, he gestured for her to start eating.

“One dot.” She nodded to herself while picking up her chopsticks.

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++