032

What's Your Secret?

 

 

 

“You’ve been practicing, right?”

Jungah looked away from her phone, she was heading down the steps when she heard Hyungwon’s voice from the living room.

“Shooting? Yes.” She called out as she reached the last step, the male nodded in approval as he saw her.

“Are you heading out, princess?” Jooheon peeled his eyes from the TV, she grinned at him.

“Yes. I have work. And,”

“Yes, yes, you have that sleepover tonight.” Wonho chimed in, the three men were at the living room, watching the news. To others, it might appear odd that they weren’t rushing to work, but one look at Wonho’s bloodied cuff, she knew they’d been busy during the night. She took note of Hyungwon’s favorite handgun sprawled on the coffee table. Well, it had been a very busy night.

“Rough night, oppa?” She asked as she put on her shoes, Jooheon puffed his cheeks in reply.

“We had to fix something.”

“Do I want to know?” She grimaced as Hyungwon stood up, he disappeared to the kitchen.

“A small complication, nothing serious.” Wonho hummed back, his smile warm.

“Okay.” She murmured as Baby Chae reappeared with her coffee, already packed in an insulated tumbler.

“Have a safe day, princess. Enjoy your sleepover.”

“That’s literally my house. The sleepover occurs here.” She pointed out, Hyungwon rolled his eyes and shooed her away. Jungah padded towards the waiting Range Rover and paused when she noticed a familiar Audi pull over. Shownu slid down from the car, his brows went up as he met her gaze.

“I’ll be home by tomorrow.” She mouthed, Shownu nodded back at her and she climbed in the car. She leaned back on her seat and the driver eyed her questioningly when she shook off her company ID.

“Oh, don’t worry. I’m not going to cause any trouble.”

“Not yet.” The other hyungnim on the front seat grinned at her.

“Can we pass by my uncle’s office? I’d like to see him for a bit.” She said, the two males nodded back and she slowly closed her eyes.

 

 

 

“She’s meeting him tomorrow.” Changkyun said as she walked in the room, Kihyun made a face and drummed his fingers on the mahogany table.

“What’s he up to now? Where is he?” Shownu asked from his seat, Wonho and Hyungwon hid their grins. Shownu may have approved of Jungah’s plan to use Rowoon, but that didn’t mean he liked it.

“We have eyes on him. He’s at work. Alone in his office. Shall we?” Minhyuk suggested as he picked up his iced tea, Kihyun shot him a look.

“Do we have men assigned to her house tonight?” Shownu continued, Jooheon nodded.

“We have six of our men already stationed there, don’t worry, hyung. And,” Jooheon trailed off, his eyes going to Hyungwon briefly.

“And?”

“Hyungwon armed the place.” Wonho chuckled, Shownu leaned forward.

“Armed the place?”

“The house. Jungah asked if I could arm it, and of course, I said yes. We don’t say no to her, right?” Baby Chae replied, Kihyun sighed at his friend.

“She has friends over tonight. What if~”

“Don’t worry, Jungah knows how to handle guns. We’ve been practicing, she calls it a life skill.”

Shownu quietly nodded and glanced around the room, Minhyuk started speaking.

“Kim Donghee’s been behaving lately. We did a sweep last night while the others were busy.” He glanced at Wonho.

“There was a commotion at Incheon last night. We had to step in.” Wonho stated, the room grew silent.

“They were…not from the area. I haven’t had the time to interview them. They’re at the garage.” He continued, Kihyun’s forehead creased. Jooheon stood up to grab the leather backpack on the corner to the room.

“It’s not good then.” Changkyun stated, noting how Wonho and Hyungwon were frowning.

“Not good.” Jooheon repeated as he poured the backpack’s contents on the table, Shownu tensed as he saw them.

Kihyun cursed under his breath as he grabbed the photos from the pile of items.

“This…This is at the mall.” He sputtered, Changkyun shook his head as he pulled the other items toward him. There were printed addresses and written sketches, it didn’t take him long to realize that the said addresses all related to Jungah. They even had her work schedule and pictures of her work ID.

“.” Minhyuk muttered, Shownu exhaled, and his eyes went to the door.

“I’ve already doubled the men assigned to her, she doesn’t know yet. I didn’t want to frighten her.” Wonho calmly stated, Shownu’s forehead creased.

“What do we do now?”

“These men were sent to locate her. They probably assumed that they’d find Jungah at one of our establishments.” Kihyun murmured as he pushed the photos of his cousin away from him.

“And this.” Hyungwon fished out a small piece of paper from the pile, on it was a written phone number.

“I looked it up, and,” The sharpshooter looked uncomfortable.

“It’s Kim Donghee’s private number.”

Changkyun crossed his arms and looked at their eldest, Kihyun pinched the bridge of his nose and looked away.

“What’s our move?” Wonho looked at Shownu, the male didn’t react, not even a flinch. And that bothered the second-in-command.

“He just gave us a reason to start war, hyung. How about we get even and take his son?” Minhyuk spat, Jooheon glanced at Shownu again.

“Where is he now?” Shownu turned to Changkyun, the latter took out his phone and started typing.

“We’ve been letting him run around without consequences, it’s time we~”

“If we touch Rowoon now, they might retaliate and go for Jungah.” Shownu quietly stated.

“Then, let’s pull her out from her work, we can~”

“Let her have her night out with friends. We’ll deal with this quietly, where are they?” Shownu replied as he pulled up to sleeves of sweater and put on his leather gloves.

“Garage. They’re still breathing.” Hyungwon replied, Wonho leaned back on his seat while Changkyun grew slightly alarmed as their eldest grabbed one of the empty whiskey bottles from the bar.

“As of the moment,” Minhyuk said pleasantly, Shownu gave Wonho a curt nod. The other male stood up and shook of his jacket.

“Check on her every three hours.” Shownu said to Kihyun as he walked towards the door.

“Not every hour?”

“Let her breathe.” Shownu shrugged before leaving the room. Minhyuk leaned back on his seat and glanced at Hyungwon.

“He’s pissed.”

“Oh, yes he is.” Hyungwon mused.

“At least he knows not to hover. Jungah will be safe, don’t worry.” Jooheon said as he nudged Kihyun.

“She should be. Nobody wants a Son Hyunwoo utilizing his…private forces just to hunt down Kim Donghee.”

 

 

 

“It has been a while.” Joon mused as they walked into the kitchen, he set the groceries down while Jungah hurried to the fridge, she smiled as she found it fully stocked. Haerin waltzed in after them and set the bag of ice cream on the counter.

“This makes recall all those times we had to drive you back here. Sometimes you were cranky drunk, most times you were just cranky.” The girl mused, Jungah snorted and rolled her eyes. Joon was already outside, preparing the meat for barbecue.

“We should start washing the vegetables, unnie.” Haerin spoke as she walked to the faucet, Jungah nodded at her and took out her phone. She checked her messages and pursed her lips.

“What is it? You’ve been checking your phone a lot.” Haerin said with a sly grin, the older girl sighed at her.

“It’s not~”

“You’re waiting for someone’s call, huh? Or text, or~”

“It’s not that.” Jungah waved her off as she helped her with the tomatoes and lettuce, Haerin cackled as she let the water run through the colander.

“You moved into that big house months ago, plus the bodyguards and you told us not ask questions…You know how it looks like, right?”

Jungah pressed her lips together and looked at her friend.

“It’s better…safer, that you don’t know.”

Haerin smiled and hummed in response, Jungah glanced at the windows just as two Suburbans parked across the street.

“I know, but, I’m more curious about what I heard at lunch earlier,” Haerin began as they walked out to the terrace, Jungah tilted her head at her friend.

“Let’s start with beef, is that good?” Joon called from the grill, Haerin gave him a thumbs up.

“Manager Jeon was speaking with his secretary, and I happened to pass by,”

Jungah paused, she grew sheepish and faced Haerin.

“It’s true then?”

“Yes.”

Haerin pursed her lips, Jungah grimaced before taking the girl’s hands in hers.

“I really…did think about it, I realized that maybe it’s time, you know.” She said softly, Haerin puffed her cheeks and glanced at the two males standing by the gates.

“I thought you were going to avoid for longer.”

“It’s kind of pointless if I do. And, it’s my family. My mother’s family. They need me.”

 

 

 

Changkyun grimaced as he stepped into the living room, Minhyuk cussed as he shook off his damp coat and tossed it across the floor.

“How come no one even tried to intercept them?” He spat as he unholstered his guns. Wonho followed in, his shirt was already abandoned elsewhere, no use in wearing if it was soaked in blood.

“What happened, hyung? I couldn’t take the call, I was having breakfast with the chairman.” Jooheon said as he walked in, one look at Shownu and he closed his mouth.

The older male exhaled as he slowly sat down, he grimaced slightly as he tried to lean back on the couch.

“Kihyun’s already on his way here, you should get that checked.” Wonho suggested, Shownu didn’t speak, he checked the time on his phone and exhaled. Jooheon winced, noticing the red stain starting to form behind the older male.

“Hyungwon hyung already tailing them, I’ll be joining~” Changkyun paused when he heard the front door open. Shownu hissed as he tried to remove his jacket, Wonho saw the blood spatter on his white shirt. The stain grew as the male moved.

“Jungah’s back.” Wonho murmured just as the girl appeared by the hall, her smile disappeared as soon as she saw them.

“What happened?” She blurted out as her purse slid down to the floor. Her eyes went to Minhyuk’s bloodied coat, and Wonho’s bloodstained shoes.

“Oppa, what~” Her eyes went to Shownu as she walked towards them, the male gave her a quick nod. The other males watched in caution as Jungah walked towards their leader, there was a permanent frown on his face as he tried ing his shirt, not noticing the girl inching towards him.

Son Hyunwoo was annoyed. No, he was pissed. One of their safehouses had been raided, they were notified. They rushed to the place, but they didn’t realized that they’d be outnumbered, and also, they were unarmed.

“What’s that?” Jungah gasped as Shownu managed to let his shirt slide down past his shoulders, the girl was staring at the gash on his upper arm. She glanced around them, Jooheon dashed for the kitchen.

“What happened? You’re sweating, oppa!” Jungah blurted out, Shownu’s eyes went to her, his lips pressed into a hard line. Minhyuk wanted to warn her, but Jungah simply reached for his hand and tried to get a better view of his cut.

“It’s nothing. We…were just surprised.” Shownu muttered back eyeing Jungah as she assessed his wound, Jooheon returned with the first aid kit and set it before the girl.

“Jooheon-ah, can you~”

“I’ll do it.” Jungah mumbled as she opened the box and got the disinfectant.

“Who needs backup?” Jungah asked without looking at them.

“Hyungwon.”

“Will he be okay?” Jungah asked as she leaned down and carefully poured disinfectant over the gash. Shownu grimaced and turned his head away.

“He will. Changkyun and I will be joining him then.” Jooheon said, Changkyun stood up and followed the older male, seconds later, two Aventadors were speeding off the property.

“Is anyone else bleeding? I can~”

“No, we’re good, princess.” Minhyuk said reassuringly, she looked at them, her eyes wide, worried.

“We’re fine, Jungah. It’s just him. A bullet..grazed…A nick, really, but,” Wonho trailed off, noticing how the girl’s eyes grew wider at the mention of what caused Shownu’s wound.

“We should…clean up.” Minhyuk murmured, Wonho nodded and the two quickly went up to their rooms. Jungah heard Shownu exhale as she finished wrapping the gauze around his arm.

“Oppa, you should lean back.” She murmured as she softly tapped his bare shoulder. But the male looked up to meet her gaze.

“You’re back early.” Shownu quietly said as he finished ing his shirt, Jungah politely turned her gaze away.

“They have other appointments. It’s a Sunday, oppa.” She shrugged at him, Shownu slowly nodded back.

“A bullet did that?”

He nodded again as he stood up, Jungah took a step back, almost trampling on the coffee table in the process. Shownu reached out to steady her, but she shook her head.

“Is it..Kim Donghee’s…doing?”

“Probably, the other night was a distraction. Today was…kind of their main show. How was your sleepover?” Shownu asked as he walked towards the counter to pour himself a drink.

“ show. Not main show.” She muttered back, Shownu glanced over his shoulder and nodded in agreement. Jungah chewed on her lower lip and looked around the empty living room, she wrung her hands, suddenly feeling awkward.

“Have you eaten?” He turned to her, Jungah nodded back.

“Are..you okay?” Shownu ask before taking a sip from his glass, the girl puffed her cheeks and nodded.

“Yes and no.”

“What?”

“I spend one night…away..and I go home to..” She trailed off and exhaled, Shownu paused, sensing her distress.

“Jungah, I~”

“It’s a relief that you all are okay, oppa.” She said as she picked up her purse from the floor, Shownu nodded at her.

“I’ll call you down for lunch. You should rest.” He said to her.

“You need it more, oppa. I’ll make us something to eat later.” Jungah murmured before walking towards the stairs.

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++