022

What's Your Secret?

“What?” Kihyun looked up from his coffee, Jungah paused in mid-chew.

“I’m leaving for the office in a bit. I have two meetings and, we have this set up to finish as well. Christmas season is a busy season, oppa.” She said as she continued eating, Shownu looked up from his plate.

Everyone, except for Jooheon was having breakfast at the dining hall.

“You want to work after what happened yesterday?” Hyungwon asked her.

“I have to. I kind of left without telling my boss, remember?”

Hyungwon shrugged back and continued with his meal, Minhyuk glanced at the Yoo male.

“Jungah-ya, I can make some calls and~”

“Don’t you dare, oppa. We made a deal, I get to live away from the Yoo limelight and in return,”

“What is in return? That you marry someone they chose for you? Or have I been watching way too many shows?” Wonho hummed back, Changkyun almost choked on his coffee.

Kihyun looked away, bothered by her words.

“Too many shows, oppa. In return I keep in touch and stay where they can see me.” She said with a small smile.

“So, no marrying some random rich boy?” Minhyuk clarified.

“I literally am having breakfast with random rich men. I don’t get your question.” She shot back, Minhyuk chuckled.

“Anyway, dinner this weekend at home. Be there.” Kihyun reminded her, Shownu glanced at the younger male, sensing the shift in his mood.

“Of course.” Jungah nodded before finishing her coffee.

“Anyway, we’re going to have to talk about the situation yesterday, and our two…guests outside. So, have the office prepared.” Wonho spoke, Hyungwon sighed and checked the time.

“Is Jooheon up already? Tell him to~”

“Wait,” Jungah put her utensils down with a clink, six pairs of eyes went to her.

“You want Jooheon to move?”

“We need him at the meeting. He had close contact with those men.” Shownu replied, Jungah shook her head.

“No. You are not making him exert move just so that you could come up with ways to squeeze information from those two...idiots.”

“Jungah,” Wonho frowned her, she clucked her tongue.

“It’s not just information we need, Jungah. We have to discuss our next moves and without him~”

“None of you are injured, right? No open stab wounds or anything right?” She intervened, Shownu shut his mouth close.

Changkyun grew amused, no one was going to win against Jooheon’s princess, not even the famous Son Hyunwoo.

“We’re not hurt.” Hyungwon grumbled while showing her his perfectly uninjured hands, the girl hissed at him.

“But he is. Now you want him to move around?” She replied, and the room grew silent. All eyes went to Shownu and Jungah followed their gazes.

“Well?” She said, her lips pursed in annoyance.

“We’ll have the meeting upstairs, in his room.” Shownu nodded in reply, Minhyuk stifled a laugh and poured himself more coffee.

“I see there’s been a shift in power, hyung.” Changkyun murmured to Wonho, the older male nodded back in amusement.

 

 

 

Jooheon’s forehead creased in confusion as he watched his friends slowly enter his room one by one, Minhyuk was grinning as he plopped on the bed beside him.

“What’s this?” Jooheon asked as Changkyun wheeled in a table that was filled with computers and other devices.

“Meeting.” Hyungwon announced as he made himself comfortable on the couch, Jooheon tilted his head.

“A what?”

“We’re having the meeting here. How are you feeling?” Kihyun asked him as he leaned against the desk with crossed arms.

“It’s not my first time, I’m okay.” Jooheon mused and winced, Shownu nodded before taking a seat.

“Why do we have to have it here though? I can just~”

“Jungah said no. So, no.” Minhyuk chuckled, Jooheon looked at him questioningly.

“Jungah noona said that we should not stress you out and make you walk down the basement, or what she calls it our “lair of weapons”, that’s why we’re all here.” Changkyun said as he plugged in his laptop to Jooheon’s TV.

“I see.” Jooheon nodded back, still a little confused.

“In short, we all got scolded over breakfast.” Wonho said with a solemn nod, Jooheon let out a chuckle.

“I see who has control of the house.” Jooheon mused, Shownu loosened his tie and stood up.

“Those two from yesterday, Jungah followed them to their hiding spot. And they didn’t expect it.” Shownu begun, photos of the warehouse showed up on the screen, Jooheon paused, seeing the familiar wooden crates.

“They thought they could trap her, but…that didn’t work so well for them.” Changkyun shrugged.

“Wait, hyung, aren’t those..ours?” Jooheon spoke, then his eyes widened as soon as hew what was mixed inside the boxes.

“It’s a good thing we got these before it spread, from what I believe,” Kihyun cleared his throat, his forehead creased.

“They’ve been using our shipments to hide the drugs. They managed to take some of our crates from the port, opened it and mixed their stuff in. And since our stuff has always had the go signal from the police, no one will touch them.”

Hyungwon shook his head and looked away.

“So, someone is distributing drugs..using our name? Because they have our boxes.” Jooheon sputtered as he slowly sat up and leaned against the headboard.

“Exactly.” Wonho chewed on his lower lip, he glanced at the windows and saw Jungah step out of the house.

“Princess is leaving. She really is adamant about work.” Wonho added, Minhyuk raised his hand and pointed one finger at their eldest.

“Shownu hyung should drive her to work.” He volunteered for him, Shownu paused and stared at him.

“I have a meeting in an hour. Changkyun can’t leave the house because of this,” He gestured towards the screen.

“Kihyun and Hyungwon will be doing the interrogation, and Jooheon isn’t allowed to move. So,”

Changkyun bit his lip and diverted his gaze, people were really pressing Shownu’s buttons today. Usually, only Jungah would survive.

“You do it, leader not babysitter One Dot.” Minhyuk finished, Shownu’s gaze went to him briefly, he picked up his coat.

“Things can get tensed right now, maybe being seen with her would make others back off.” Wonho said as he sent Minhyuk a look.

“Call me if anything comes up, especially with Kim Donghee.” The older male stated before leaving the room, Changkyun grinned at Minhyuk.

“So, let’s start the party?”

 

 

 

“You people and your ridiculously low cars.” Shownu heard Jungah grumble as the girl followed him to his car, he turned his head to her.

“Hm?”

“It’s so hard to get in and out of this while wearing a skirt, have you tried it?” She muttered as Shownu opened the door for her, he looked at the guards, they all simply diverted their gazes. He walked around the vehicle and started the engine, Jungah glanced behind them as she saw two more Range Rovers tail from the back.

“It’s a precautionary measure, Wonho insists.” Shownu explained, the girl fixed her skirt and nodded.

“Are you okay? Yesterday was…a little different for you.”

“I wouldn’t call it different. Although, midway through that chase, while I was speeding away in Jooheon’s car, I did wonder.

“What?”

“What the hell was I doing. But then I remember that you and your people will trace me somehow.”

“Is this some form of thank you?” Shownu replied, the girl grinned to herself. And that confused him, shouldn’t she have at least panicked or harass them with questions?

“Not really. But, it does come in handy, the stalking and all.”

“We do not stalk you, Jungah.” Shownu murmured, but the girl chuckled.

“I know, I don’t see it as a bad thing too.” Jungah replied as she leaned back on her seat.

“Jooheon’s going to be okay, he was awake earlier.”

“I know, he texted me and requested that I buy him pastries after work.”

The two grew quiet as they reached downtown, it wasn’t awkward or anything. It was that kind of comfortable silence that Jungah usually experienced when she was with Shownu. And it was relaxing, strangely.

“But, yesterday,” She began, Shownu nodded for her to continue.

“Were they messing with your things? Changkyun mentioned it earlier.” She said as she recognized the Galleria building a few blocks away.

“Yes. Someone’s been using our name to distribute drugs around.”

“So, it’s like a propaganda to hurt my Dots. Tsch.” She made a face, Shownu’s brows rose and he glanced at her.

“They almost hurt you too, Jungah.” He said as the car pulled to a halt, Jungah pursed her lips and shrugged. She glanced at the windows and spotted Haerin with Joon walking towards the doors, but the two had stopped when they saw the army of cars that arrived.

Jungah almost sighed.

“Thanks for driving me here, One Dot.” She quickly said as she slid down from the Audi, Haerin’s eyes widened when she saw her. She dragged Joon with him as she marched towards Jungah.

“You! How could you suddenly disappear on us and the next thing we hear is~” The two halted so abruptly that Haerin almost tripped. Jungah stopped moving, stunned as Haerin shrunk back with a shy smile.

“W—I didn’t know..you came w—with a friend.” Haerin blurted out, Jungah slowly turned and realized that Shownu had followed her, he was walking a few steps behind.

“W—We’ll see you inside, noona.” Joon murmured as they waddled away and entered the mall.

“Hyungwon said he’d pick you up. Please no more side trips.” Shownu said to her, Jungah grew sheepish.

“I know. Okay.” She replied, Shownu’s lips quirked up and he reached out to gently pat the side of her head.

“Have fun. Don’t stress out your guards.” Shownu said, Jungah was about to argue but the male was already walking back to his car. She rolled her eyes, gave her guards a wave before heading for the doors.

“Jungah-ya,” A painfully familiar voice made her pause, Jungah’s hand froze on the door handle as she saw the male.

“Can we talk?”

 

 

Kihyun watched from the garage as Wonwoo stepped out of his car, it was already five in the afternoon, it was also getting a bit dark out. But he refused to step in the house yet.

His parents, well his mother, wanting to pair up his only cousin to Wonwoo shouldn’t be a big deal, it wasn’t a big deal until she met the guys.

“He’s going to get grilled.” He murmured, he saw Jooheon and Changkyun arrived, Jungah’s Baby Joo was smiling despite the bandage on his arm.

“Time to go inside.” Kihyun murmured as he made his way towards the house’s back door, he could hear Jungah and Minhyuk chatting with his father by the terrace.

“I’m glad you get along with Jungah, I know she can be a lot to handle.” Mr. Yoo stated with a grin, Minhyuk shook his head.

“She was a bit hardheaded at first, but…right now, I think it’s safe to say, uncle,” Minhyuk said in a conspiring tone, Jungah sighed and nudged the older male.

“She’s kind of the boss now.” He finished, the elder laughed at his statement.

“That’s not true, uncle. Boss? They have orders for me everyday.” Jungah pointed out.

“And she doesn’t follow them. Drives us crazy a bit, but we let her be.” Minhyuk replied, the girl was about to retaliate when she heard Mrs. Yoo call Wonwoo.

Kihyun saw how Jooheon and Changkyun turned their heads and at the same time, rolled their eyes.

“Jungah’s right. Twin chaos.” Kihyun murmured, Jungah detached herself from Minhyuk and joined the others at the living room.

“I thought we could discuss…things over dinner, your other stalker is here.” Wonho teasingly said as the girl sat beside him, she pursed her lips.

“I wouldn’t call him that, oppa. He’s actually nice.”

“Nice? Like how? A Golden Retriever?” Hyungwon said before taking a sip from his tea, Jungah shushed him.

“He’s right, he followed you around.” Wonho nodded along.

“Hyung, it’s been a while.” Wonwoo approached Kihyun with a friendly smile, the latter nodded back and shook his offered hand.

“I didn’t know your parents were throwing a party, I shoud have brought more wine.” Wonwoo said with a small chuckle, Kihyun mentally winced.

You haven’t seen the other guests.

Wonwoo heard the front doors open again, he glanced back and Kihyun noticed how the younger male visibly paused. Shownu was in the process of removing his trench coat when he looked up.

“One Dot!” Jungah left her seat and walked up to him. Wonwoo was about to raise his hand to say hi but the girl walked past them.

“Jungah, your guards said you were still on the way.” Shownu murmured as the girl reached him.

“No, Kihyun oppa picked me up. Did you bring the goods?” She asked him with an excited grin and that’s when Jungah’s cousin saw it.

Shownu may have shaken his head at her but he was smiling.

“If you call it like that…people might misinterpret, Jooheon’s princess.” He said as he gestured towards the shopping bag he brought with him.

Kihyun tilted his head, did his cousin just ask Son Hyunwoo to buy snacks for her?

“I just wanted chips. Thanks. I’ll pay you later.” Jungah said as she took the bag from him, Wonwoo peeled his gaze away from the two.

“No need for that. Where are the others?” Shownu saw Kihyun and Wonwoo standing by the foyer, the male paused.

“Oh, you two already know each other. I don’t have to introduce. I’ll go share the goods with Baby Joo and Baby Chae.” Jungah patted his arm before leaving them.

Kihyun grimaced and looked away.

“Good to see you.” Shownu said in his usual formal tone, Wonwoo nodded back before heading towards the living room.

“That was the side trip you mentioned over the phone, hyung? Chips for Jungah?” Kihyun asked as he walked with older male.

“Yes.”

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++