008

What's Your Secret?

 

 

 

“An event?” Shownu echoed, his secretary nodded before producing the invitation from his coat pocket.

“Yes, your office usually gets invitations like this every year, sir. But, the chairman thinks that your attendance…it might be good for Hyundai’s image. And, we still have green energy proposal too.”

Shownu nodded, he took the envelope and opened it. He noticed the list of politicians that would be attending, even the mayor of Seoul will be in attendance to give a speech.

“Should I put it in your calendar, sir?”

“Yes.” Shownu nodded, he glanced at his phone briefly.

“Right, you heard about attorney Chang’s daughter?”

“Yes, miss Chang Jungah.”

“Add her to the list. If she ever calls, forward it straight to me.” Shownu added as he went through his emails, he loosened his tie.

“Has the young miss been made aware of everything, sir?”

“It’s already like that. But, if someone asks about her, she doesn’t know anything.”

“Yes, vice president.”

Shownu leaned back on his seat and then his phone started ringing, he looked at the screen and picked up as he saw Wonho’s number.

“What is it?”

“One of our men just reported that Kim and Chang’s offices have been hacked.”

The male paused, his forehead creasing.

“Changkyun checked it just now, the hackers were targeting one thing. One particular thing.”

“What is it?” Shownu muttered, he could sense and incoming problem.

“Attorney Chang’s files.”

“Did they manage to get it?” Shownu stood up and walked towards the windows.

“They didn’t touch anything about his cases, not even the big ones. They went through his personal files. And, there’s evidence of them looking into Jungah.”

 

 

 

“Since when did you enjoy seafood, noona?” Wonwoo mused as their food arrived, Jungah looked at him and shrugged.

“Maybe it’s an age thing? I don’t know, but I like it now.”

Wonwoo picked up his fork and looked at the girl, he smiled to himself.

“Do you plan to stay long with the company you’re working for?”

“At Galleria? I think so. I’m having fun.” She said as she took small bites, Wonwoo nodded back.

“I mean, my father’s fine with it. I don’t hear him complaining.” She jokingly added.

“Speaking of uncle, how is he? Is he in town?”

“Appa’s…on a business trip of some sorts. He didn’t really sat when he’d be back. Maybe, we should schedule dinner when he’s back? I’m sure he’d love to see you.”

“We should, noona. Do you need some help with your lobster?” Wonwoo asked, the girl nodded and pushed her plate towards him.

“You? Are you here for good now? Or, do you still need to fly back to Japan?”

“No, I’m stuck now. Permanently.” He said as he carefully sliced the meat for her, she nodded with a smile.

“That’s good, then.”

Wonwoo paused, he looked at the girl as she started eating. His lips curled slightly before speaking.

“Do you think it is, noona?”

“Yes, you were gone for a while. I kinda missed you, Jeon Wonwoo.” She said to him as she continued eating, Wonwoo smiled to himself and nodded.

“But, noona, are you free this weekend?”

“I think so. Why?”

“Abeoji wants to invite you to the house, eomma’s adamant about seeing you too.”

“Really?”

“Well, only if you’re available, noona.” Wonwoo carefully said, he leaned over to carefully brush the bits of cheese off the side of her lip, Jungah paused but she grinned at him.

“I am, I’ll be there.”

“I’ll come and pick you up then.”’

 

 

 

Haerin kept on glancing to her left as she made her way towards her other workmates, like her, they were also staring at the male standing by the windows. He was dressed in an all-black suit that accentuated his broad shoulders nicely. Actually, most of the employees who were having lunch kept on stealing glances at him. Well, who wouldn’t? There was something god-like about him, and he was ridiculously good-looking.

“Is he one of the higher ups?” Joon asked as Haerin sat down, her eyes went to Gyuri and she almost sighed.

“Probably.”

“He had bodyguards when he got here.” Gyuri commented, she was still staring at the male.

“I don’t see Chaeyeon with you.” Gyuri finally turned to them and started eating.

“Sunbae had to step out for a bit, I think she has to meet someone.” Joon commented, Haerin saw their department manager appear by the escalator.

“Did you hear? He got called to HR this morning.” Gyuri whispered, Haerin paused and looked at her.

“Really? Why?”

“Well, I heard someone reported him for harassing female employees. I mean, like he says some really weird stuff. I’m not even going to argue with that, that man gives me the creeps.” Gyuri shuddered, manager Shin was about to queue for food but then his eyes went elsewhere, he set his tray down a little loudly.

“Could it be Jungah sunbae? I mean, about the skirt thing.” Joon said, and then he realized that the girl was even wearing a skirt today, he almost laughed.

“You!” Manager Shin’s voice echoed throughout the cafeteria, everyone watched as the male strode towards her.

“You think you’re all that? I compliment you once and you think that gives you the right to do this to me?” He demanded as he blocked Jungah.

“Oh, scandalous.” Gyuri chuckled, entertained. Haerin grimaced on her seat and looked at her friend.

“What do you mean, sir?”

“You’re even wearing a skirt now. Why are you acting all innocent?” The older male commented, clearly agitated.

“Sunbae, I don’t know what you’re talking about, but I can wear~”

And then the male grabbed her by the arm, Joon tensed as the other employees started to whisper amongst each other.

“What’s so bad about complimenting your legs? You aren’t all that, Chang Jungah. Isn’t that your purpose?”

Jungah looked so confused and she was trying to remove the man’s grip on her, she flinched as he pulled her closer to him.

 

 

 

“P—Purpose?” She repeated, she still had no idea what her boss was talking about. But she wasn’t comfortable with standing too close to him.

“Always wearing skirts, you’re trying to get my attention. And now~”

Jungah froze when she was suddenly tugged back and she could hear her boss yelp in pain as her view was blocked by a dark shadow.

“I need to talk to her.” A vaguely familiar voice spoke, Jungah blinked and looked at the back of the man’s head.

“Boss?” She blurted out, manager Shin looked at her.

“Mind your own bus~” He halted when Shownu’s grip on his arm tightened again, Jungah walked around them and she looked at the other male.

“What brings you here?” Jungah spoke, she noticed how Shownu was holding onto the male’s arm in a painful looking position.

“I need to talk to you. It can’t wait.” Shownu turned his gaze to her, she noticed the crease on his forehead.

“Oppa, let go of him.”

“Tell him, do you want his attention?” Shownu said to her, Jungah’s eyes went to her boss.

“One~”

“Tell him. So that you can settle this quickly, Jungah-ya,” Shownu spoke again, Jungah saw three males in dark suits approaching them.

“No, I don’t want his attention.”

“Did you get that?” Shownu turned his gaze to the male, he was at least a foot taller than him, and it was quite obvious he was already terrified of the newcomer. And it also didn’t help how most of the employees who were having lunch were watching as the department manager was being effortlessly manhandled by a stranger.

“I did. Now, let go of me, you~”

Shownu swiftly pushed him back and the older male collided against the tray cart, he almost tripped on the tiled floor. Jungah looked away, and shook her head.

“Can you talk? Do you have time?” Shownu finally turned to her as he buttoned his coat.

“You..ask that now?” She balked at him, Shownu glanced around them before nodding back at the girl.

“It’s quite important. We can talk in the car.” Shownu gestured for her to walk with him.

“I didn’t say I’d talk to you.” She replied, she took another glance at her colleagues. How was she going to explain this?

Shownu paused, she noticed how his lips thinned ever so slightly and then she smiled.

“Lighten up, One Dot. You just terrified the whole admin department.” She said with a chuckle as she walked ahead of him, Shownu’s guards were wide-eyed as they glanced at each other.

“Is it really important? I mean, the boss, not babysitter, is here to see me.” She stated as they got inside the elevator, Shownu looked at her before nodding back.

“Are you okay? Your arm.” He spoke, Jungah raised her arm and noted the her wrist had gone pink.

“I’ll live. But, my boss? I’m not so sure.” She told him, the doors opened and they were at the basement. She saw the Shownu’s car parked sandwiched between two black SUVs.

“Do you want me to make sure of it?” He replied, Jungah quickly shook her head at him.

“I happen to like this job, Son Hyunwoo oppa.” She made a face at him, Shownu shook his head and opened the door for her.

“Whatever you say, princess.” He quietly shot back.

“I see you’ve lightened up,” Jungah smiled at him, Shownu sighed at her.

“Jungah, please. Get in the car.” He said, his guards could only watch as the young lady tested their boss’s patience.

“Grumpy One Dot. No fun.” She grumbled as she climbed into the vehicle.

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++