055

What's Your Secret?

 

 

 

“So, you have it all covered?” Attorney Chang asked again over dinner, Jungah looked up from her plate briefly.

“Yes, uncle. We cleaned up well, Wonwoo wasn’t alone that night, we’re sure about that. But, they managed to hack into my home’s system, we’re still working on that.” Kihyun said with ease.

“I meant the legalities, you punk.” He sighed, Kihyun chuckled in reply.

“He trespassed, isn’t that enough?” Ahyoung replied as she pushed the slices of carrots around her plate, Jooheon’s eyes went to the girl.

“He even gained an accessory on his way out.” Hyungwon supplied with a wry grin, the lawyer grimaced, remembering the photos of Wonwoo’s knife embedded hand.

“It’s giving preppy emo boy.” Jungah nodded, agreeing with him.

“Exactly.” Baby Chae chuckled in between bites, Hyunwoo eyed the two before speaking.

“I think they were planning on taking us down separately. First with Minhyuk, then Jooheon and Hyungwon, and with the shooting incident.” His head inclined towards Kihyun, Jungah frowned.

“It’s good that you’re a step ahead now, but attacking won’t do you well.” The elder spoke as Shownu refilled Jungah’s glass with juice.

“I’d say we just bomb his home.”

“We could do that, but we don’t know where he is.” Wonho said, Jungah turned to Changkyun and batted her eyes at the younger male.

“No.” Shownu tilted his head at her, Jungah made a face at him before stabbing a piece of chicken on her plate.

“No bombing. You can try tracking him, but there has not been a single sighting of him for almost a month now.” He stated as Jungah slowly chewed.

“We can always just sniff him out, hyung. We’ve done that before, with the son. It was easy.” Jooheon commented.

“His son is an idiot, I’m sure he won’t let that happen again.” Kihyun pointed out.

“I’ve been hacking into the accounts of Kim Donghee’s people, and so far, nothing. I don’t know how they’re all communicating, but…there’s no traces.”

“They must be using owls. Hogwarts and all thethat .” Jungah chuckled, her father sent her a look.

“I will have to excuse myself, I have a meeting tomorrow and I need to prepare myself for it. So,” She stood up and looked at them.

“You boys enjoy your night, it’s great to have you back, abeoji. And if the bombing Kim Donghee’s house plan gets approved, you know where to find me.” She mused, she patted Shownu’s shoulder before leaving her seat and stepping out of the dining hall.

“She’s on edge. Undestandable.” Changkyun said quietly, Minhyuk smiled from his seat.

“That or she’s barely holding on to her temper, because she’s pissed.” He finally spoke, Jungah’s father looked at him.

“But we can’t do anything right now and that’s getting to her. We’ve all seen it, the way she went after the driver who ran over Jooheon and Hyungwon. She almost got in a car chase when Kihyun was shot.” Minhyuk trailed off, he glanced at the doors again.

“What have you turn my daughter into?” Attorney Chang said before bringing his glass of wine to his lips, Kihyun grinned at his uncle.

“The temper has always been there, uncle. Let’s not lie to ourselves.”

Shownu smiled to himself and looked away.

“Kim Donghee’s days are numbered then.”

 

 

 

Shownu looked up when he heard the doors open, he set his book down and looked at the girl.

“I don’t like not doing anything.” She said as she walked in, he smiled and nodded at her. He had a feeling that Jungah would be coming over to talk, or complain about things.

“I know. I’m sorry you feel that way.” He said as he leaned back on the headboard, the girl waved him off before plopping down beside him, Shownu smiled noticing the Winnie the Pooh and Piglet pajamas Jooheon had gotten for her when she first came to join them.

“I’m worried for the young women, and the children. We don’t know what he might do. They’re….witnesses to his crimes, One Dot.”

“That’s why we’ve hidden them safely, Jungah.”

“I still want to wrap my hands around his neck, and squeeze.” She said under her breath, Shownu chuckled at her words.

“Your father left a couple of hours ago, he did ask if you were planning on transferring to his place. I didn’t know what to say.”

“I just got settled here, now you want me to transfer? Why does it feel like I’m being tossed around?” Jungah made a face at him, Shownu smiled before kissing his shoulder.

“I just want you to be comfortable, surely living with us has not been easy for you.” He spoke softly, Jungah scrunched her nose before moving, the male grew amused as she shifted her weight and ended up sitting on his lap, stradling him.

“I am comfortable. I mean, I’ve made so many memories here. Remember that one time I destroyed the gates because I was being chased? I have clear memories about dragging those idiots from the pond because they wanted to shoot at me.”

He grimaced at the mention of the incident, but Shownu’s hands were gently seated on her waist.

“We still have to meet your father.”

“Didn’t we just…meet him earlier?”

“Jungah.” Shownu sighed, the girl grinned before leaning over, her cheek pressed against his chest. Shownu shifted slightly before speaking.

“This position…might get dangerous.”

“I just wanted to tell him right away, you know, no frills, no drama. I don’t understand why…why you’re worried about it. It’s not like he doesn’t..like you.”

“I don’t think it was right that you just told him as if it was nothing, Jungah. You know what I mean.”

“You’re not nothing to me.” She sat up, confused. Shownu smiled, his one hand at the center of her back while the other cupped her cheek.

“What I meant was, I’d like to be introduced formally. As…who I am to you.”

Jungah made a face before burying her face on his chest again, Shownu chuckled and kissed the top of her head.

“It’s…just so…cringey, you know.”

“I know. But he’s your father, and I respect him.”

“Fine. You can schedule….your introduction, just tell me when.” She muttered under her breath, Shownu chuckled and patted her .

“Good girl.”

 

 

 

“There are questions with regards to your decision to suddenly stopping all our dealings with Jeon Banking, ma’am.”

Jungah brows went up and she nodded, her secretary was seated across her.

“I don’t think I need to explain to you why. But, with all the news surrounding the son, they still ask?” She muttered darkly as she set her laptop aside.

“He was found tresspassing my cousin’s home, director Yoo’s place, they still want to clarify why?”

“Yes, that’s what I was thinking about, ma’am.”

Jungah pursed her lips and leaned on her chair.

“Also, I would like to remind you that Chairman Jeon is coming over in a couple of minutes, ma’am.”

“How could I forget? The clueless father.” She frowned as she checked the time on her watch, the girl was about to speak again when the doors opened.

“Oppa,” She said as Wonho strolled in with a box of cupcakes, he was followed by a bored looking Hyungwon, he was still walking with a light limp.

“I…Aren’t you supposed to be not..moving around?” She said, her secretary smiled and excused herself.

“Your One Dot had an emergency at work, he sends his apologies. So, he sent us.” Wonho smiled as he sat down on one of the leather couches.

“I needed some fresh air.” Hyungwon shrugged at her before sitting across Wonho.

“You’re meeting his father today, yes?” Baby Chae spoke as Jungah took a cupcake from Wonho.

“Yes, I think he wants to talk about the sudden…changes.”

“You still think he knows nothing?” Wonho asked her as he set the box down, Jungah stared at the pastry before speaking.

“Yes, he probably knows nothing.”

Hyungwon shrugged again and made himself comfortable on the seat, Wonho took out his phone and the trio became quiet. Jungah was about to stand to go back to her desk when the doors opened again, it was her secretary with Wonwoo’s father.

“Uncle,” She inclined her head towards him, the elder nodded back with a smile but he looked uncomfortable. His gaze went to the two males in the room and Jungah followed his gaze, Hyungwon had his eyes closed but was clearly awake, while Wonho had another cupcake in hand while staring at his phone. Both did not show signs of moving.

“I’m sorry, it appears you have guests.” Mr. Jeon spoke, Jungah pressed her lips together and nodded.

“What did you want to talk about?” She walked around the desk and ushered him in, Wonho’s eyes went to the male briefly as the Jeon elder sat down across Jungah’s table.

“I don’t understand, Jungah-ya, our companies have been doing business for years. I know what Wonwoo did as wrong, and I’m aware that his punishment for it has not been~”

“I’d be careful with my next words if I were you.” Hyungwon suddenly hummed, his eyes still closed. Jungah eyed the elder before speaking, the man had gone pale.

“Some of the details on that police report have been…altered, uncle.”

The man grew silent, confused.

“I was in that house when he broke in. He…knew I would be in there.”

“What do you mean?”

“I don’t wish to talk about it, I don’t want to continue. But, I’m sure if you ask him, he’d tell you what really happened.”

“But, Jungah, surely you can reconsider the~”

“Your family’s lucky that we chose not to release everything, because if we did,” Wonho stood up, his forehead creasing.

“There’d be no Jeon Banking Group by today.” He finished, Hyungwon exhaled, he sat up and got a cupcake.

“So, I suggest you leave her alone, and get out of her way.”

Jungah looked away as the male left her office, Hyungwon looked around before speaking.

“This is good, where did you get this, hyung?”

She eyed the two and exhaled.

“You two…are scary.” Jungah blurted out before going back to word, Wonho simply blew her a kiss.

 

 

 

Jooheon looked up from his lunch as the male finished speaking.

“W—What?”

“A unit was sent to his office to…take some of his things, right now,”

“Why would they allow that to happen?” Jooheon questioned as he stood up, the guards looked away before speaking.

“They couldn’t not do anything, sir. The…They got the media involved.” One of the men said as he produced a phone from his pocket, Jooheon took the device and looked at the screen. There was a photo of Changkyun.

Kia Motors Executive Caught In Hacking Scam!

“Changkyun?”

“He took the helicopter, sir. He’s already on his way here.”

“What did the police say?” Jooheon said as he started moving, the men followed him towards the house’s basement where Changkyun’s other computers were being stored, he stood by the doors and quickly changed the locks and codes while the men spoke.

“They called before going to his office. Apparently, someone with insider details showed them…traces of young master Im’s..programs in their emails.”

“Who?” Jooheon muttered as the metal doors opened, Minhyuk was inside, frowning as he watched the news about their friend.

“We’re still checking but it’s safe to say~”

“It was one of Kim Donghee’s people. I already have his info.” Minhyuk interejected as he jutted his lips towards the screen, Jooheon eyed the photo warily.

“er.” Jooheon muttered under his breath, Minhyuk exhaled and pinched the bridge of his nose.

“They can’t arrest him because there’s no solid evidence, but right now, he’s under investigation.” One of their men continued.

“They won’t arrest him, they can’t.” Minhyuk scoffed, their eyes went to the screen, Shownu’s Urus was rolling in the property.

“Yes, he’s been advised to lay low for a while, just until all the talk dies down. Kia Motors has issued a statement regarding his innocence.”

“Isn’t this the perfect time to talk about their..special businesses?” Minhyuk muttered under his breath, the doors slid open, and the men bowed as Shownu strode into the room.

“Jungah’s already on her way here, she’s with Wonho and Hyungwon.” He informed the two, Jooheon nodded before leaning against the desk, the older male eyes went the TV screen and he exhaled.

“They’ve targeted Changkyun now. We will have to lay low some of our operations.” Minhyuk told him, they saw Kihyun’s car rolling into the property.

“I spoke with the chief, they will be delaying everything. So, it’s best if Changkyun doesn’t roam around.”

Kihyun walked in the room and discarded his coat.

“They’re already at the helipad. What is going on?” Kihyun sighed as he took a seat, Hyungwon strolled into the room followed by Wonho and Changkyun.

“So, they took my laptop…laptops.” Changkyun stated as he took his usual seat, Wonho puffed his cheeks, he was about to comment when the doors slid open again.

“So, who’s gonna say it?” Jungah muttered under her breath as she sat down across Minhyuk, Shownu glanced at her.

“Don’t, noona.”

“Fine. But, I think we should do something about it.” She crossed her arms and eyed the TV warily, Shownu reached for the remote control and switched it off.

“They want war,” Hyungwon crossed his legs with a shrug.

“Let’s give them that.”

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++