051

What's Your Secret?

 

 

 

“What do you mean she’s not yet home?” Wonho asked as he slid down from his car, Shownu exhaled and took a quick glance around the curb. Changkyun was still in the process of parking.

“She left earlier young master. She went to the other warehouse.” One of the men spoke, One Dot turned to him questioningly.

“The place where the driver and the two other men are, sir.” The guard said, Shownu nodded back and loosened his tie.

“Is she okay?” He finally asked, Wonho pursed his lips just Changkyun walked over to them, confused that they still had not gotten inside the house.

“Yes, she was just visiting the other young masters earlier.”

“I didn’t mean that.” Shownu murmured under his breath just as the gates opened again, the Range Rover drove in, followed by two Escalades.

“The young miss is here,”

Her guards slid down and opened the door for her, Wonho halted when he saw her. Jungah stepped down from the car, and other guards were stunned.

“N—Noona,” Changkyun blurted out, the girl’s eyes went to him. Shownu’s brows rose, the look in her eyes, it was..different. Empty.

“I..I think I need to shower. Can you wait for me? I’d..like to have dinner together.” She said as she pressed her palms together.

“Of course, noona.”

She gave him a small smile, Shownu’s eyes went to the huge bloodstains on her white outfit. Blood had also begun to cake on her heels, he frowned before pulling his gaze away.

“Jungah.” He spoke as he walked to her, the girl looked up to meet his eyes.

“Hi.” She blurted out, Shownu studied the look on her face before leaning down to kiss her cheek.

“You okay?” He asked softly as he steered her towards the front doors, the girl remained quiet, Shownu saw how she was chewing on her lower lip.

“I’ll ask them to make stew for tonight, yes?” He asked as they got inside the house, the girl nodded back.

“Sounds good, oppa.”

“Kihyun woke up this afternoon. He wanted to talk to you.” Shownu began as they reached the foyer, the girl hummed back. He stopped before her and knelt, Jungah stared at him.

“We’ll get you new ones tomorrow. These are destroyed, Jungah-ya.” Shownu looked up, the girl was staring at her bloodied heels. He reached out and gave her right ankle a light tap, Jungah blinked and slowly shook them off, Shownu leaned down to help her with the straps.

“I forgot to text you earlier, I’m sorry.” She said as he stood up, the male smiled and shook his head.

“It’s fine, you got home safe.”

“Things went well?” She asked him, Shownu brushed her hair away from her face.

“Yes. We got the children. Wonho’s made arrangements for them.”

“That’s a relief.” She breathed as she glanced at the stairs, Shownu gave her hand a light squeeze.

“Go, I’ll take care of things here.”

Jungah nodded back and made her way towards the steps, Shownu noticed how her fingers were shaking.

“What happened?” Shownu spoke as one of her guards entered the home, Changkyun was already rushing to his office.

“The young miss…took care of some things.”

 

 

 

Changkyun swiveled his chair to look at Jungah, she had walked in just moments ago, fresh from her bath and clad in a pair of matching black pajamas.

“The women were safely escorted to a center just outside of Seoul, they will be under our protection. We’ve sent people to run perimeter checks in the area. The children are staying at one of our safehouses. I’ve called in professionals to see them, they will be coming tonight.” Wonho informed her, the girl nodded back.

“How are they?”

“The women…We had a hard time convincing them to join us, but we called the nearest police station. They sent female officers to the place. They were able to talk to them, however, we’ve asked for them to keep things under wraps still.”

“The children?”

“Some of them….” Wonho trailed off, his forehead creasing. Even Changkyun huffed and turned away.

“Some of them were badly beaten, they had a variety of bruises, and..some needed immediate medical attention, Jungah. They had injuries and tears.” Wonho’s voice trembled as she spoke, the girl puffed her cheeks and nodded.

“Okay.” She said, her eyes focused on Changkyun’s face, and he noticed the cut under his lip and on his cheek. She turned to Wonho, her lips tightened seeing the dried blood on his knuckles and she was pretty sure he took a hit on his lower back, judging by the way he was grimacing on his seat.

“So, when are you going to take care of that?” She spoke, the two men stilled.

“What?”

“Your injuries. When are you going to get that checked?” She stated, her tone a coming out a little harsh.

“It’s fine, noona. It’s just~”

“It’s not.” She said, her forehead creasing. Wonho glanced at the younger male, Changkyun stood up and got the first-aid kit from the cabinet.

“So, you want to check the CCTV footages first before taking care of yourselves.” Jungah pointed out as she took the kit from Changkyun, the younger male flinched. The doors opened and Shownu stepped in, he had changed into a pair of navy-blue sweats and a plain white tee.

“Princess, we’re fine. It’s just~”

“You are not fine.” She said as she set the kit down, the room grew still. Even the guards had stopped moving.

“Everyone is either getting hurt, injured or attacked. And I can’t even keep up with everything.” She said through gritted teeth as she pulled away from the desk.

“I have four people who are important to me still at the hospital.” She stated as she looked at them.

“And you would rather prioritize those videos if it caught Kim Donghee or his other minions? We already have proof that they’re behind it, why don’t we just bomb his place right now?” Jungah asked, her tone getting sharper. Shownu pressed his lips together.

“Noona, we can’t~”

“We can. Hyungwon’s armory has the capacity to~”

“Dinner’s ready.” Shownu intervened, Jungah’s eyes went to him, she saw the bruise on his elbow, but he gave her a small reassuring smile.

“I asked them to make spicy seafood stew.” He said as he walked towards her, Jungah’s forehead crumpled as she pushed the first aid kit away from her. Wonho quickly picked it up and he dragged Changkyun with him.

“We’re okay, Jungah. You’ve seen us with worse things, remember?” Shownu said in a soothing tone as he offered his hand to her, the girl exhaled and glanced at Changkyun’s computer.

“I got angry today.”

“I know.”

“Seeing those men who hurt Kihyun oppa, and them being so..unremorseful about it, while my cousin had to fight for his life…I…”

“You don’t have to explain, I understand.” Shownu said, Jungah placed her palm over his and he tugged the girl to him.

“Jooheon and Hyungwon almost died too. I….” She trailed off and pulled away from him, Shownu’s forehead creased.

“I think I need to take a walk.” She said, he nodded back at her.

“I’ll eat later, you guys go ahead.” Jungah swallowed then she looked at him before standing on her toes to press her lips against his.

“I’m glad you got back safe.” She stated before stepping out of the room, Shownu heard Jungah call one of her guards.

Shownu let out a sigh and buried his hands in his pockets, he heard the door creak open.

“How is she?” Wonho said as he stood by the doorway.

“I don’t know.” Shownu stated as they walked towards the dining hall.

“She’s unstable right now, you know. She’s angry.” Wonho murmured as they reached the table, Changkyun was already seated.

“I think it’s because of Wonwoo, she’s trusted him all these years, also, the fact that some of us got hurt.” One Dot spoke as he took his seat.

“Well, I’m starting to realize who the real threat to Kim Donghee is.” Wonho pointed out, Changkyun looked up from his plate.

“I think so too. He should be careful of her.”

 

 

 

Kihyun grimaced as the guards showed the surveillance footages, Minhyuk leaned back and pulled the bowl of popcorn closer to him.

“She’s…very artistic. Artsy, is the term, I believe.” Hyungwon announced as Jungah finished carving something on the man’s hand. The two guards glanced at each other, stunned.

“This can’t be the same Jungah I followed when she was also being followed by some ert, right?” Jooheon tilted his head as the girl picked up a box, he recognized what it was.

“She did ask if he was just being a ert or something else, sir.”

Jooheon grinned at the guard and shook his head, Kihyun shuddered and turned to his friends instead, ignoring the screams in the background.

“Wonwoo will be at the office tomorrow.” Kihyun announced, his three friends stilled.

“What do you mean? How would you know that?” Minhyuk queried, his eyes went to the screen again as Jungah was picking up an assault rifle. Hyungwon grinned and rubbed his palms together.

“Jungah was at the company earlier, she called in for an emergency BOD meeting. The directors were there, my father called me up to inform me.”

“What for?” Jooheon asked, Hyungwon watched as the man ran away from Jungah while she fiddled with the rifle.

“SK Holdings is dropping Jeon Banking Group. Jungah proposed a sudden move earlier. She was so prepared that the directors were stunned, and most of them agreed with her.” Kihyun continued, his forehead creasing.

“So, that twerp is going to see her tomorrow over that?” Minhyuk made a face, Hyungwon looked at them and pressed his lips together.

“We have a lot of dealings with their company, maybe Jungah just wants to cut ties before things implode.”

“It is going to end up badly, Kihyun-ah. You’ve seen the reports, all those disgusting they do.” Hyungwon pointed out, disgusted.

“But, how prepared was she? The directors agreed with her, meaning she’s been planning to get rid of them for quite some time now.” Kihyun pointed out as he leaned back into his bed.

“Well, maybe it started when she realized that Jeon Wonwoo was being a thorn to her side.” Jooheon made a face, Hyungwon nodded along, agreeing with him.

“Anyway, tell her guards that there’s a possibility that Wonwoo will be there tomorrow.” The Yoo son turned to the guards, one of them took out his phone.

“What will he do? Asked her not to drop them? Does he actually think we’ll let him be in the same room as her?” Minhyuk scoffed, putting the popcorn down.

“I have a feeling Jungah might play him.” Hyungwon said, they faced him.

“What? It seems like something she’d do.”

 

 

 

Jungah stared at her laptop’s screen, her lips curled up as she got a reply. The girl continued to type; her blanket pooled around her waist as she hunched over the device.

“You didn’t eat.”

She looked up, her brows went up, seeing Shownu carrying a tray of food by the door.

“I did, I ate with the hyungnims at the pantry. I’m sorry.” Jungah sheepishly, the male nodded back.

“Can I come in?” He asked, Jungah blinked at him and nodded.

“Of course, oppa.” She managed a smile, Shownu’s shoulders relaxed at that, he strolled in and set the tray down.

“Your Baby Chae wants me to tell you that you did well with the…men.” Shownu spoke, the girl looked up from her laptop, she shut it close and set it aside.

“He said you were being…artsy. He approves of it.” Shownu muttered, the girl nodded back.

“I had them sent back to Rowoon, you know.” Jungah said, the older male nodded back as he leaned against her desk.

“Now, thinking about it, maybe I shouldn’t have decided that on my own. I may or may not have just started an open war, oppa.”

Shownu nodded, waiting for her to continue.

“I’m worried that what I did..sending them back to Kim Donghee like that…they won’t~”

“They won’t do anything stupid, that’s for sure. Actually, it might have helped.” He spoke, Jungah paused at his words.

“You don’t have to say that to make me feel better. I know was being rash.”

“You were. But, you just showed them that you are not a weakness to us, to this family. That would teach them not to cross you or try to come for you again.”

She grunted and stretched her legs before her, Shownu exhaled before pushing himself off the desk.

“May I join you?” He asked as he approached the bed, the girl looked up, amused.

“First you ask if you can come in. Now, you ask permission to sit next to me?” Jungah raised her brows at him, the male gave her a smile, waiting for her reply.

“Yes, please, sit down, One Dot.” She chuckled as she made room for him, Shownu sat down and leaned back on the headboard.

“What’s going on? Are you feeling better?” He asked her, Jungah her lips before speaking.

“It was just..a bad day. I wanted to sort out my thoughts before bed.”

He nodded along, tugging at her shirt, the girl leaned back and pressed her cheek against his arm.

“Wonwoo was seen in those footages, huh?” She finally spoke, Shownu’s forehead creased but he nodded.

“Changkyun texted me earlier.”

“I’m sorry you had to find out this way.”

“Well, I’m sorry I’m friends with him. And to think I defended him at some point.” She shuddered, Shownu simply wrapped one arm around her, the girl frowned, and she slowly climbed onto his lap and buried her face against his chest.

“I’m sorry I was being a earlier.” She said, her voice coming out muffled. Shownu remained quiet and simply rubbed soothing circles on her back, his other palm was on the side of her hip. Jungah exhaled and Shownu felt the front of his shirt getting damp.

“It’s alright. We’re alright.” He quietly said, the girl just tightened her arms around his neck. She remained quiet for a long time before finally looking up to meet his gaze.

“What is it?” Shownu was smiling at her, the girl scrunched her nose before speaking.

“Was it really artsy? The heart?” She voiced out, Shownu smiled and kissed the tip of her nose. She was finally feeling better, he squeezed her hip slightly before speaking.

“Okay, I think it’s time you go to sleep.”

“I couldn’t think of other shapes, you know. A star would have taken too long.”

Shownu grimaced at that, but he was smiling as the girl climbed off him.

“I know. I can stay until you fall asleep.” He said as she rearranged her pillows, the girl turned to him.

“So, you’re just going to leave? That’s it?”

Shownu tilted his head at her, she grinned as she patted on her other pillow.

“You can sleep here. It’s fine, One Dot.”

“Kihyun will kill me.” Shownu countered back, still unsure, the girl let out a laugh and plopped down.

“Well, he’s not exactly capable of that right now.”

“With his words.” Shownu pointed out, Jungah snorted and simply buried herself underneath the covers.

“Good night, Son Hyunwoo.”

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++