042

What's Your Secret?

 

 

 

“I’m supposed to meet with director Chan and manager Shin, but okay.” Kihyun muttered under his breath as his parents and grandfather made themselves comfortable on the plush leather seats in his office. He was taking a call when the elders stormed in his office, unannounced and unbothered.

“What brings you all here?” He stood up and righted his tie, his mother looked up and a slow knowing smile appeared on her face. Kihyun grimaced again.

“Abeoji here wants to have a family meeting. I was also dragged out of a meeting myself.” His father cleared his throat, he looked confused. His wife slapped his arm to shush him.

“A family meeting? But Jungah~”

“It’s about Jungah, now come sit.” His grandfather waved him over, Kihyun sat down across his parents, and looked at them.

“I’m sure you remember what happened at that party, Wonwoo asked me, well informed me of his intentions towards your cousin.”

“Ah, that.” Kihyun murmured, he wanted to discuss the same thing with Jungah. He could sense how that bothered the girl; he was certain that Jungah had no idea how to deal with Wonwoo now. The younger Yoo didn’t know how to reject guys.

“What do you think? You two are like siblings already.” Mrs. Yoo chimed in, while her husband leaned back.

“It..really depends on her, eomma. I mean, Jungah will..choose who she likes. And, we all should respect that, right?” He trailed off, wanting to be careful.

“But we all agree that it’s not a good fit.” His grandfather spoke again, defiant, and he was using that tone where no one should dare argue with him.

“Where is this conversation really going? Please don’t tell me that you’re planning to arrange Jungah on dates.” Kihyun sighed, that wouldn’t sit well with him and the rest of Jungah’s Dots. Especially that one Dot, One Dot.

“I know Wonwoo made the mistake of going to you instead of talking to her first, halbae. And honestly, because of that I’m not so sure of Wonwoo anymore, but we all make mistakes. And~”

“Your cousin does not look at him like that. And she probably never will.” His father finally spoke, Kihyun’s brows rose.

“We’ve known her since she was a child, I’ve seen her grow up. She’s not interested in him. Her…Her eyes are..on someone else.” Chairman Yoo finally spoke. Kihyun’s eyes went to his father, surprised.

“You also noticed?” Mrs. Yoo chirped, giddy.

“It was quite obvious at the party. And, with the way Hyunwoo reacts to things regarding our niece, I don’t even have to ask how he sees her.”

“I was right.” Halbae hummed as he nodded to himself.

“She needs someone who can protect her.” He continued as he leaned back into his seat.

“And respect her space.” Mrs. Yoo happily said.

“Like a bodyguard?” Kihyun chuckled, his mother sent him a dark look.

“Well, I…I also noticed how hyung looks at her. And, sometimes it worries me.” Kihyun said softly, his parents paused at his words.

“With how things are so tensed now, and Kim Donghee possibly making plans to cause trouble again, I just really hope that he doesn’t decide to target Jungah.” He murmured as he crossed his legs.

“Because, the moment something bad happens to her, Shownu hyung…there will be no limit for his retribution.”

 

 

 

Jungah pulled her cup of coffee closer to her and stared the latte art, she grew fidgety as she felt Wonwoo take the seat across hers.

“I hope I’m not taking too much of your time, noona.”

She looked up, smiled, and shook her head.

“Not really, I…I finished all my meetings the other day.” She said as she lifted the cup to her lips, the male nodded and looked at her.

“Noona, about the other time~”

“I think you..deserve to hear this from me.” She spoke and met his gaze, Wonwoo nodded back.

“Wonwoo, I’m sorry. But I can’t..I can’t return your feelings. And, I really hope we’d remain friends.”

The table grew silent and Jungah knew she could have worded that better, but she didn’t know how to.

“I…I understand, noona.” Wonwoo finally spoke, she leaned on her chair and nodded at him.

“And I~” Wonwoo paused when his phone started ringing, he glanced at her before looking at the screen again.

“Take it.” She grinned at him, Wonwoo nodded, he excused himself and left the table. Jungah exhaled and slouched on her seat. She glanced at the doors again, the waitress from earlier had politely requested if her bodyguards could stay outside, they were worried other customers might be uncomfortable. Jungah understood the staff, she had six guards now, plus the convoy of two cars.

She was about to pick up her cup again when someone took the seat across hers, she froze. The man gave her a lazy smile just as his men surrounded their table.

“Hello, Jungah.” Kim Donghee hummed as he pushed Wonwoo’s drink aside.

“What~”

“Before you start talking, I just would like to tell you how easy it is for me to take care of your family.”

Her forehead creased and her fists curled on her lap.

“You people aren’t the only ones with connections, young miss. Now, sit back, relax and let’s have this talk.”

 

 

 

Wonho hurried out of the elevator, his car was already waiting outside the building.

“Sir,” One of his men went up to him as he reached the revolving door.

“What’s the status?” Wonho swallowed as he reached his Audi, two black Suburbans were already waiting at the curb.

“The two of them have already been sent to the hospital, emergency services got there first, but we already have our people on the ground.”

“How are they?”

“We don’t have an update yet, sir.”

Wonho exhaled, he slid inside his Audi and sped away from the building, the two SUVs tailed after him as they headed for the family’s private hangar. Wonho floored the pedal, and he waited for Changkyun to answer his call.

“Hyung,”

“You got something?” He could hear the purr of Chankgyun’s Huracan in the background.

“I’m still analyzing the footages, I had to hack in the local police office’s server. But,”

Wonho chewed on his lower lip, Kihyun had already gotten his message and he was taking care of the news blackout, word about the incident should never reach the media.

“What are the odds, hyung?”

“I know. Is Jungah safe?”

“Yes, I’ll be at the hangar in a bit.”

Wonho hummed back, he quickly ended the call and glanced at his phone again, frustration clouding his thoughts. Kim Donghee was playing dirty and it might be time for them to change tactics.

His phone buzzed again, the tapped on the screen and Minhyuk’s name appeared on the car’s infotainment system.

“I got it.” He spoke, the male sounded like he was typing.

“What are you talking about?”

“Kim Donghee, the truck from the surveillance footages and his secretary.”

“What are you saying?”

“He was the one who paid the driver.”

 

 

 

The black Lamborghini SUV earned stares as it halted just outside the high-end café, onlookers gaped as a dark figure slid down from the car and headed straight for the doors. Soon, another dark SUV arrived and a group of men followed in.

Shownu was about to reach for the glass doors when his eyes went to the café’s side entrance, his brows bunched together as he saw a familiar silhouette, surrounded by men in dark suits leave the establishment. His grip on the handle tightened and he stormed in.

“Secure the place. I want Kim Donghee’s cars tailed.” He muttered, two of his men nodded and stepped away. He went up the steps and ignored the hostess who approached him, Shownu reached the second floor and his eyes scanned the room. And then he saw her, Jungah was seated by the windows, the girl looked so pale and shaken, her lower lips was quivering.

Shownu started moving, but then Wonwoo came into his sight, he was already closer to her. The Son heir didn’t bother to check his surroundings, he quickened his pace and grabbed Wonwoo by the front of his shirt.

“You.” He hissed as Wonwoo’s feet left the ground, Jungah looked up in surprise.

“W—What are you doing? Put me down!” Wonwoo yelled at him, other customers could only stare as men in suits surrounded the scene.

“Why…Why can’t you just leave her alone?” Shownu stated as Wonwoo struggled, the guards looked on, not moving an inch.

“Oppa, wait.” Jungah left her seat and walked towards them.

“It’s…It wasn’t him. He was in the restroom.” She sounded different, Shownu’s eyes went to her and he pushed Wonwoo away, the latter landed on his back with a loud thud.

“What..”

“He was here. Wonwoo didn’t know.” Jungah said under her breath, she let out a shaky breath as she held onto his arm, her fingers curled tightly.

“Did he touch you?”

Jungah shook her head, Wonwoo scoffed as he slowly stood up, Shownu’s men looked on, knowing full well not to intervene.

“You’re a show, Son Hyunwoo. What’s this? Some sort of alpha male bull.” The younger male spat as he approached them, Jungah’s wary glance went to him.

“You don’t own her. You don’t deserve her. How is that so hard for you to understand?” He cackled, Jungah’s eyes went to Shownu’s second in command, the hyungnim simply looked away.

“Wonwoo, please. Walk away.” Jungah murmured as she looked at him.

“Noona, someone like him will just~”

“How is it so hard for you to understand that I will never see you like the way I see him!” Jungah spat, her shoulders going tight.

“You’ve given me unnecessary stress these past few days, and now you talk like this? I get that you’re mad that he assaulted you. And I’m sorry for that. But,” Jungah trailed off, she dropped her hands to her sides.

“I’m sorry, I’m not interested. I’m not going to go out with you, or marry you just like you told my grandfather. It’s not you. And it will never be. So, leave me alone.” Jungah exhaled, she grabbed her purse from the table and headed out, the rest of the guards followed the girl.

Shownu’s gaze went to Wonwoo, his forehead creased. Something wasn’t adding up.

“Son Hyunwoo.” Jungah’s voice made him pause, the older male turned and walked after the group.

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++