057

What's Your Secret?

 

 

 

The officers that were standing by the police station entrance grimaced as three black SUVs parked right into their curb, the one in the middle was immediately surrounded by men in dark suits and the passenger door opened.

“Look, they sent a girl. This must be their new lawyer.” One of the men spoke to his fellow police officer, the latter did not comment as they lady climbed up the steps with her guards right behind her.

“What’s the meaning of this?” She spoke, her tone cold but polite.

“What do you think, miss attorney? We’re surprised that they sent a pretty one, I guess when the mafia has money, they can get anyone~”

“Young miss!” Their chief came running towards her, the officer froze in his spot, his other colleagues yanked him back by the collar. The lady’s gaze shifted from him to their superior.

“What’s happening? How could you do that to them?” Jungah spoke firmly as she was ushered in, her guards immediately filled the police station’s lobby, and it even made the other officers jumpy.

“Let’s talk about this in my office, young miss.”

Jungah exhaled, she met her guard’s eyes briefly, the others started to disperse while three remained with her. The police chief guided the group towards the elevators, Jungah crossed her arms as they got inside.

“Battery? Assault? He was the one trespassing.” She stated as the doors closed.

“Yes, I agree, young miss. But, they used technicalities.” The man said, the doors opened again and they were ushered to his office, Jungah’s guards spread out through the room and she looked at the man squarely, refusing to sit when he offered for her to.

“Explain.”

“If it was young master Yoo who had done it, it wouldn’t be an issue, since it is his property. But, the problem here, well, problems,” He cleared his throat, the man tensed as he saw the frown on Jungah’s face.

“Technically, they were trespassing too. And, the video,”

Jungah exhaled, there was a video floating around of One Dot and Wonho taking care of Wonwoo. One did not have to be a genius to figure out that someone from their side filmed the whole thing. Kim Donghee probably paid someone to spread that around while his nephew filed a complaint this morning.

“It was clear that he was helpless against them, and…well, it has gained public attention. We have no other choice but to put them~”

“To put them in a detaining room while our family’s money has kept this organization alive for years.” She finished for him; the room grew eerily quiet, and her guards glanced at each other.

“Young miss, I am truly sorry for this. But, Kim Donghee is a public figure. We did not expect this kind of attention from the media, and if we don’t do something, it would not work well for us.”

Jungah exhaled and nodded.

“But, you don’t have to worry. We’ve straightened things out, the young masters would be out in three days at the most, young miss.”

“Just to let you know, chief. That man, Jeon Wonwoo.” She stated, her lower lip quivering, one of her guards made a move to stand a little closer to her.

“If they hadn’t arrived that night, they had not trespassed my cousin’s property, Jeon Wonwoo would have had his way with me.” She stated, and man became visibly pale.

“So, I don’t think you should be worried what the media may think, because those two? Son Hyunwoo and Lee Wonho? There’s no question, they will hunt him down no matter what, you know how they do things.” She said as she met his gaze evenly.

“But, you don’t know how I do things.” She chuckled as she leaned against his shelf of trophies, her eyes went to them briefly.

“Young miss, I didn’t know. I~”

“Of course, it was kept from the police. So, I don’t think you should have taken his bull seriously. Putting those two here?” She let out a small chuckle.

“You better hope nothing happens, because you just took the one person who can call me out on my .”

“Is that a threat, young miss?” The chief of police’s second in command finally spoke.

“It can be.”

The male’s eyes widened briefly, but he looked away.

“Young miss, it’s best if we go now. The reporters may see you.” The guard closest to her spoke, Jungah’s jaw clenched and unclenched, the other guard collected her purse and coat.

“Have the car prepared.” Jungah ignored the men’s bows as she left the room, two guards followed her but the one who was standing near lingered.

“We would appreciate it if you release the young masters quickly.”

“Why? Your organization would crumble without Son Hyunwoo that quickly?”

“No, the young miss has the potential to cause more damage than seven of them combined. Young master Son is one of the few who can reason with her.”

The men grew quiet.

“You may underestimate her because she’s a woman, but she has more power than you think.”

 

 

 

Wonho scoffed as the video played again, Shownu sat silently as his secretary took his calls. The two police officers were sat across him.

“We really tried to work around it, sir. But, they went to the media too.”

Shownu nodded back, he shifted his gaze away from the screen. Just this morning, Wonwoo had filed a complaint against them using the video. The video that he probably asked someone to take when he and Wonho dragged him out of Kihyun’s house and started to beat him up.

Did they feel bad about it? No.

But he felt bad that this will be adding to Jungah’s stress, the girl was already handling too much.

“It was obviously set up; he knew we’d do that to him right after….” Wonho trailed off and pressed his lips together.

“We still can’t find his son. We’re sure he’s part of it.” Shownu said, the officer nodded back in return.

“We already have some of our officers looking in to Rowoon, sir. As for, Kim Donghee, we can’t really do anything about him right now. Wonwoo used his connection to him to gain attention with this case.”

Wonho rolled his eyes and crossed his arms.

“By the way, the young miss was her. Attorney Chang’s daughter.”

Wonho paused, but Shownu only nodded for him to continue.

“The chief had to hurry home after meeting with her.”

“Really, what did she do?” Wonho grinned, Shownu’s secretary caught his gaze, the latter nodded.

“She said…well, she pointed out some things, the chief didn’t know how to deal with her, even his men were a little worried when she stepped out looking displeased.”

“This is a mistake. Holding us here.” Shownu spoke as he stood up, the officer grimaced as the male walked towards the windows.

“Our hands are tied, sir.”

“Jungah will have to take over, you know that, right?” Shownu faced Wonho, the officer paused at his words.

“Minhyuk’s still recuperating. Changkyun must lay low. Jooheon and Hyungwon just left the hospital. Kihyun is supposed to be on bed rest, no work for him.”

“Oh.” Wonho stilled, the officer with them looked confused.

“The young miss?”

“You should watch out. Jungah..we can keep her safe. But, I don’t think we can keep people safe from her.” Shownu said, his lips quirking up.

“What…What do you mean, young master?”

“What he meant was, the on in charge now has quite a temper, and you just left her with our friends who never say no to her.” Wonho chuckled and crossed his ankles.

“She will do something. I can assure that.”

 

 

 

“Where were you?” Hyungwon spoke as Jungah walked in the room, the girl was already in her sweats.

“Just out and about.” She replied, her eyes went to the monitor, Shownu and Wonho were on the screen, speaking with Minhyuk.

“The Wifi at the station must be nice.” She said under her breath.

“Is Jungah there?” Shownu spoke, the girl grimaced, and she poured herself a drink, Changkyun’s brows rose as he met Kihyun’s gaze.

“I am. I was there too, earlier.” She said as she walked over to Minhyuk and sat next to him, Wonho gave her a smile.

“We know, the chief came in here, he was very pale and super apologetic. What did you do, princess?”

“The more important question is, what did he do?” She replied, Wonho pressed his lips together. He nudged the male beside her.

“We’re doing fine here, Jungah. We’ll probably be out in~”

“Anyway, appa called, he sent one of his associates over. They will be taking care of the legalities. Yes, you were trespassing, but Kihyun oppa’s not pressing charges. They will have to discuss about Wonwoo and his…current state.” She continued, Shownu was staring at her. Jooheon frowned as he glanced at the girl.

“While, appa agrees with what you did, to outsiders, it will look…not good. But, he deserved it.”

“Exactly.” Wonho nodded along, wanting to distract her.

“I’m going to bed. Good night.” She said as she finished her whiskey and left the room, Minhyuk exhaled as soon the doors closed behind the girl.

“Wow.” Jooheon mouthed, One Dot exhaled and leaned back on his seat.

“Hyung, I’m seriously worried.” Kihyun stated as he joined his friends.

“We’re fine here~”

“I meant Jungah. I’ve seen that look on her face before. It was that time when her friend at work, Haerin was being harassed by one of the higher ups. And he was threatening her job if she spoke up. One day, Jungah found out.” Kihyun trailed off, his forehead creasing.

“Our grandfather had to pay the hospital to keep it quiet. The man was found with four of his fingers completely crushed. Jungah had demanded he put his hand in the meat grinder to buy her silence. Just so that he’d feel what it felt like to be threatened.”

Hyungwon started a slow clap, but Changkyun made him stop.

“She did all that without even laying a finger on him. So, please, get the hell out of there.”

“I agree, hyung. Jungah noona…is a ticking time bomb now.” Changkyun murmured, Minhyuk grinned before standing up.

“I’m going to check what she wants for dinner. We must feed the beast.” He hummed before leaving the room, Shownu sighed and tugged on the sleeves of his sweater.

“It was Kim Donghee. And Wonwoo. The whole video incident? They set you up, the icing on the cake was you going hard on him.” Hyungwon stated.

“Could have gone for fondant to be honest, it seems a lot more permanent.” Jooheon joked and made stabbing motions with his hand.

“Exactly, Kihyun has a vast garden. Maybe a little digging would have~”

“Hey.” Wonho groaned, Jooheon cackled.

“How is she? She went here, but refused to see us when she the chief offered.” Shownu spoke, Kihyun tilted his head and looked at the screen.

“She’s worried. But, I don’t think she wants to show that.”

“I would have loved to see her and tell her that we’re okay.” Wonho stated, he stood up to get himself something to eat.

“In her eyes, you two are not okay. And she did say that she doesn’t like how things aren’t in control.” Kihyun continued, Hyungwon hummed in agreement.

“She hates that Wonwoo one upped us, and she’s seething because no one knows where Rowoon is.” Hyungwon stated.

“No.” Shownu said, the males paused, confused.

“We don’t have to talk about those two. Kim Donghee. We know where he is. She knows where he is.” One Dot continued, his forehead creasing.

Changkyun grimaced and jogged towards his laptop and then there it was. Shownu exhaled as his phone buzzed on the other side.

“Jungah’s made her move.” Jooheon blurted out as news of a certain ex-mayoral candidate being involved in trafficking was being reported. And the news anchor was showing a badly mosaiced photo of Kim Donghee and Jeon Wonwoo on the screen.

“Try to talk to her. Please.” Shownu carefully said.

“Hyung, we can talk to her. But she listens to you.” Kihyun pointed out as Wonho reappeared with a bag of dried mangoes.

“I’ll see what I can do. Have her guards check her office tomorrow. We’ll be in touch.” Shownu said before ending the call.

“He’s bothered that she didn’t talk to him.” Hyungwon said.

“Let’s just hope things go smoothly.”

 

 

 

Jungah was smiling as she stared at her phone’s screen, just this morning Wonwoo had been arrested at his office. He was sent to a different police station, but on the way there a crowd of people had gathered and threw stuff at him. It had been leaked that he and his uncle were involved in the flesh trade, also, the mention of minors being included had only triggered more public outlash.

The girl exhaled, Kim Donghee had gone into hiding, but it wasn’t hard to weed him out. He used a program to trace Changkyun, and that very same program could lead them to him.

“I’ll let him stew in his own troubles for a while.” She murmured to herself as she went ahead, Jungah was alone and needed some fresh air. Shownu and Wonho being detained did not sit well with her, it only fed the rage inside.

“You!”

The girl paused and turned just as she saw Wonwoo’s father marching down towards her, she smirked at him.

“Uncle, have you finally made the decision to admit now?” She said with a coy smile, the elder exhaled as he reached her.

“I’ve been putting up with you and your family for years, how dare you do this to my son?”

“How dare you let this go on for years?” She replied, the male scoffed and shook his head at her.

“Little girl, you don’t know how the world works. You may have the power right now, but that will be nothing as soon~”

“As soon as what? Kim Donghee becomes mayor? And in which universe will that happen?” She mused as she crossed her arms and met his gaze.

“Whoa, Chang Jungah, I never thought this day would come. You should have chosen my son, you brat. That was your only chance.” He said as he got up to her face, Jungah noticed his men standing behind him.

“If that was my only chance? I’m sure there’s a cliff somewhere I could jump off.”

“You might think this is all child’s play, but doing this to Wonwoo, to my family’s company~”

“Ah, right, Jeon Banking took a dive today, huh? The stock market must have been a mess. Well, not like the mess you let go on for years, all those women and children. But, you know,” Jungah was smiling as she took two steps back away from him.

“You reap what you sow, you motherer.” She chuckled, the man grew red, he tried coming for her with a raised hand but suddenly numerous red dots started to appear all over his front. His men stood frozen as their eyes went to the buildings surrounding them.

One red dot was already on his forehead. The Jeon elder grew pale as his guards started to worry.

Jungah turned her back to him and waved towards the buildings, the red dots blinked twice in reply, but they remained aimed at the Jeon elder.

“My hyungnims extend their greetings, anyway, I’m disappointed, uncle. You really think I’d give you an easy way to get to me?” Jungah let out a laugh, Wonwoo’s father glared at her.

“Tell your brother-in-law to hide properly, I can’t believe I weeded you out this easily.” She shrugged at him before moving away, the men could only watch us the young lady got inside the waiting Suburban across the street, it sped away as two more vehicles trailed behind it.

Wonwoo’s father took a step forward, he started to howl in pain as blood began to flow down his right ear, his men moved right after the red dots disappeared.

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++