059

What's Your Secret?

 

 

 

People started to gather and watch as flames engulfed the three storey home, they were loud bursts coming from inside the place as smoke started to spread. Just a few meters away from the property line was a Range Rover, sitting on idle while its driver looked on, the look on her face unfathomable.

Her phone started to ring and she answered it right away.

“Yes.”

“Young miss, I’m sorry it took quite some time. I’ve already taken care of it, the funds will show up by tomorrow morning. And it will be ready for distribution.” The man carefully said, Jungah nodded and exhaled.

“Okay. Make sure there are no traces.”

“Of course, young miss.”

Jungah chucked her phone back in the car, she went around the vehicle and opened the trunk. She leaned over the vehicle as she started to assemble Hyungwon’s AR 15. She heard sirens coming from across the street and she let out a scoff.

“Jungah, where are you?”

She looked up as the car’s stereo activated, it was Minhyuk.

“I’m visiting a friend, oppa.” She bit back, the line grew quiet for a few moments and he began to speak again.

“Jungah, please,”

Jungah turned to the house again; emergency services were already pushing people away from the property as the flames grew bigger. Jungah curled her lips as she took aim at the house again, she heard footsteps running towards her and she pulled the trigger. She put the rifle down, tossed it back into the car just as a loud explosion shook the house again. She watched as its facade crumbled down, the flames finally eating up the rest of Kim Donghee’s home.

“Young miss,”

Jungah looked up, brushing her tears away, she continued to stare at the burning building before speaking.

“That was the last of Kim Donghee’s money.” She stated to the male, she glanced past his shoulder and saw Changkyun and Hyungwon staring at her work.

“He has about eight billion dollars hidden at his basement. The idiot never even thought about fireproofing his safe.” She muttered under her breath, she met Changkyun’s gaze.

“Don’t worry, I’m not like them. I made sure the house was empty.” She stated before getting back inside the Rover, her guards pulled back as the vehicle sped off.

“She...She just assembled a grenade launcher, hyung.”

Hyungwon exhaled and crossed his arms, his eyes were still on the house as fire fighters rushed to control the flames, because the way Jungah set the house on fire, there was no way they could get rid of the fire right away.

“She was crying.” He stated, Changkyun sighed and leaned against his car.

“This is her rage. At this point, we should focus on damage control. There’s no telling what she’ll do next.” Hyungwon continued, Jungah’s guards had already left the scene and were following her again.

Changkyun and Hyungwon walked towards the police who had gathered, the men bowed politely as they neared.

“Call off your team, we’d like the house to burn down to the ground.”

“Y—Yes?”

“Trust me, chief. It will be a bigger problem if she finds out you tried to save Kim Donghee’s home.”

 

 

 

Kihyun let out a shaky breath as he paced around the office, the Sons and Lees were already informed of what happened and both families were out for blood.

And Jungah was still unreachable since last night. News of a big explosion had stunned the nation, but it was quickly covered up by the officials, claiming the house of former mayoral candidate Kim Donghee had a gas leak.

“Well?” Jooheon spoke as he walked in the room, the male looked just like all of them, pale and sleep deprived.

“I don’t know, Hyungwon said that Changkyun had to head home to lay low. But at this point, I don’t think he has to, all eyes are on Kim Donghee and Wonwoo.”

Jooheon nodded and collapsed on one of the sofas.

“I...still can’t believe it, hyung. Should...I have done something? I know they were being watched, but if only I~”

“Don’t say that. We had no idea they would pull something like that.”

“But we should have thought it. The evidence we have against them was incriminating enough for them to murder people. We should have seen this coming.”

Kihyun swallowed and turned away, he heard the doors open, Minhyuk and Hyungwon piled in.

“There still going through...the charred...remains of the victims from the explosion. It might take a while for forensics to finish.” Hyungwon informed the group, Minhyuk let out a shaky breath before taking a seat.

“This is crazy. So, we’re all just going to sit here and wait around while Kim Donghee and that...er remains breathing?” Minhyuk suddenly blurted out, Kihyun looked at his friend.

“We move now and they might~”

“They might, what? They’ve already taken from us.” Minhyuk snapped back, Jooheon grimaced and looked at the floor.

“Shownu hyung and Wonho hyung, just like that, both of them are gone. We shouldn’t be lying low right now. The Jeons? They should be the one suffering.”

“What do you propose we do? Barge in on Jeon Banking Group and light them up too? Because that’s what Jungah did last night, and now~”

Hyungwon raised his hand, pointing towards the television, it was on mute but the news was playing.

“Jeon Banking Group has declared...bankruptcy. Overnight.” Jooheon read, Kihyun rushed to remote and maximized the volume, Minhyuk’s forehead creased.

“They’ve been.. dry. What?” Kihyun muttered, he took his phone and started calling his office.

“Surely, a company like that wouldn’t close down just because of the son being involved in~” Hyungwon paused, Jungah’s words from last night echoing in his head.

“Her guards said that she was on the phone last night too, while waiting for the house to light up. She was talking to someone, and then..”

“She did it?” Minhyuk questioned.

“Kim Donghee does seem to be the type to hide his money, right? That’s probably why she targeted his house.” Kihyun joined them back. He put his phone down.

“I just got notified; one of our accounts received a huge amount this morning. And the money from Jeong Banking is being distributed by an unknown source; families of the victims from last night are receiving at least a million each.”

“Korean Won?”

“US Dollars.” Kihyun hummed in reply, Minhyuk slowly shook his head.

“You could say..she took Jeon Banking’s money right under their noses, while getting rid of their..emergency fund.”

“Sirs!” The double doors suddenly burst open, Jooheon looked up and grew puzzled at the looks on the guards’ faces.

“What is~”

Two painfully familiar figures walked in the room, and they took off the caps they were both wearing.

“Can somebody explain why Jungah got her hands on a grenade launcher while she’s in a pissy mood?”

The other male’s eyes scanned the room, ignoring their friends’ stunned expressions.

“Where is she?”

 

 

 

Jungah looked bored as the meeting droned on; she only had a few hours of sleep. And not one person dared to ask why their young boss had appeared at work with swollen eyes and a pale pallor. But there was no mistaking that something was wrong. She seemed so distant, cold.

“I don’t understand.” She finally spoke, eyes went to her.

“I get that we’re still in talks to have another bank manage our assets, but to bring up Jeon Banking again? Did you people not check the news?”

“We did, ma’am. And it’s unfortunate that they went down, but we signed a contract, so legally we are still obligated to pay them.”

The room grew eerily quiet when Jungah’s eyes narrowed on the male.

“So, you want to keep ties to a company that has been linked to exploitation, human trafficking of women and children, and ography.” She stated, the male flinched at her words.

“I already sent instructions for everything to be handed over Woori Financial, so why must you insist on talking about the Jeons again?”

The male met her gaze evenly before speaking.

“Aren’t you being a little sensitive this morning, ma’am? Is this because of chairman Son and director Jeon Wonwoo?”

Jungah stiffened, while news of the police station being bombed was released, no word was mentioned of the other two casualties from the incident.

“Are you being biased now, ma’am? Everyone here knows of the case, and how your boyfriend assaulted president Jeon’s son.”

The entire conference room grew tensed; even Jungah’s secretary could feel tension coming from his boss.

“You.....So, you’re all for , huh? Since you just made it sound that chairman Son is so much worse than the Jeons because he beat someone up.” Jungah mused back, the male’s eyes widened and he quickly tried to deny it.

“You started this whole unprofessional bull, so, let me carry it on.” She glanced around the room, meeting the other directors’ gazes.

“Let’s move the meeting next week, but for now all things go to Woori. I’ll talk to president Yoo myself,” She countered, the other directors simply nodded.

“I came here with the purpose to listen, since my older cousin couldn’t make it. But, I always end up being insulted.” She said with a smile, her eyes went to the one director that was glaring at her.

“And, set up an investigation on director Moon. We can never be so sure nowadays, let’s learn our lesson from Jeon Banking, yes?” Jungah stated, the male grew red and stood up from his seat, slamming both hands on his desk.

“You can’t do this to me, I’ve been with this company for~” He started to march towards her, but Jungah’s guard blocked his path.

“While you were yapping about, director Moon,” She said as she took her secretary’s iPad and tossed it across the table, the other directors gasped in shock.

“I had your emails checked, and your other accounts too. I had no idea you and Kim Donghee were close, aside from the bribes he sent you, you even get these...digital gifts.” She casually said, the girl stood up and her two other guards followed.

“Six years ago, you received your first deposit from them and right after that you suggested to the board to finally get into contract with Jeon Banking. You knew about their scheme ever since, you, president Jeon and Kim Donghee.” She pointed out with a smirk on her face, and the director lunged for her.

Gasps were heard from the room while director Moon stood frozen as one of the guards pressed a gun right at his forehead.

“Excuse us, we are on high alert right now. We have orders to keep director Chang safe, any threat against her is safety will be removed.”

“I’m doing this for the company.” Jungah faced the other directors again before leaving the room, director Moon remained standing, sweat beads formed on his forehead, unable to move. Jungah’s guard smirked before pulling back and putting the gun away.

 

 

 

“I cannot believe…That man…right under everyone’s noses.” Jungah said through gritted teeth as she crossed the lobby, her guards tailed behind her.

“He’s already been taken care of, young miss.”

“To actually use the company for something so….” Jungah muttered as she wrung her hands together, she looked up and spotted the car already waiting for her.

“Do you have other plans for the day, young miss? Or are you ready to go home?”

Jungah paused, her forehead creasing. She was tired, hell, her body felt like giving up on her. Everything inside hurt, but going home would mean seeing everyone. And every corner of that house reminded her of him. And she still could not wrap her head around it, she did not know how to grieve him. All she could feel was anger, and maybe that was what kept her going. It was not just him, she’d lost Wonho too.

Jungah had called the police before the meeting, they reported they were still trying to identify the bodies, and it was going to take time due to the impact of the explosion. She closed her eyes briefly and shook her head.

“Young miss? You skipped lunch, how about we pass by your favorite diner on the way home?”

Her fingers curled around the strap of her purse, she let out a shaky breath before turning to her guards.

“I’m o~” Jungah was suddenly tugged forward as bullets started to rain on them, her back slammed against the cold tiled floor of the curb as her guards ducked for cover, she grimaced as she was shoved away while the men took out their guards. She glanced up, realizing that the car was already covered in bullet holes, the girl froze when two of her guards fell. Jungah tried to crawl back to the building, she saw the company’s security team rushing towards her but then they halted, their eyes leaving her.

“Hyung~” She stilled, realizing that it had gone quiet. She turned her head and halted, her guards were down, most of them were groaning in pain while they tried to get to her. She was about to speak when somebody pulled her up. Jungah came face to face with a masked male, he let out a chuckle as the men behind pointed their guns at the security team.

“Finally.” A familiar voice stated, Jungah opened to speak but something solid hit the back of her head and she instantly grew limp. The security team could only watch as the girl was loaded into the waiting van, moments after the armed men follow and they took off.

“That was director Chang!” One of security guards finally moved, he rushed towards the injured men and called for an ambulance, soon more employees stepped out, helping the guards. And then they all jumped when they heard a loud roaring sound echoing from the streets, a few seconds later, a black Lamborghini Urus pulled over. A familiar male dressed in black slid down, behind him a number of cars had arrived as well.

“Y—Young master,” One of the guards choked as he was being helped up, the male’s eyes went to the damaged vehicle, his jaw growing taut.

“Where is she?”

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++