023

What's Your Secret?

 

 

 

“I didn’t do that!” Jungah let out a laugh as she stood next to Wonho, Minhyuk rolled his eyes at her before speaking.

“I saw you. You wanted to step out again.” He pointed out, she rolled her eyes and simply hooked arms with Wonho as they continued chatting.

“You always do that, it’s not safe, princess.” Wonho chided, the girl made a face at Minhyuk and simply leaned against Wonho.

“But, some alone time can be helpful, oppa. Not that I don’t like being around you guys,” She mused, the three went on chatting not noticing how Wonwoo was looking at the from the house.

He watched how Jungah was holding onto the buff male, she was all smiley and playful. The girl was at ease and it irked him. Who were these strangers? Why did they act like they have some kind of hold on the girl he likes?

He exhaled and turned away, his eyes went to Shownu, he was seated on the couch, while chatting with Kihyun and the other guys.

“Is it time to eat?” Jungah appeared by the terrace doors. Wonwoo noticed how they all turned to her, Mrs. Yoo appeared by the dining hall’s doorway.

“It is, come!”

Shownu blinked as Jooheon and Changkyun stood up and rushed to the dining room, Kihyun grumbled under his breath and followed the two.

“What’s up with those two?” He asked as Hyungwon kept pace with him, the younger male grinned.

“They probably don’t want to sit next with the Golden Retriever.”

“The what?” Shownu replied as they got inside the room, he saw Wonwoo step in as well. Jungah was already seated across her cousin. She was smiling as Mr. Yoo spoke to her about recent news at the family’s company.

“But, uncle, it feels like I have to visit halbae then.” She mused at him, the elder nodded and took his seat.

“Actually, he’s been asking about you. Jungah, have you thought of~”

Wonwoo was about to approach the girl, he had his eyes on the empty seat next to her when Jooheon suddenly hopped in and planted himself on the chair. Wonwoo pressed his lips together, and was to take the other seat next to the girl when Changkyun casually pulled it away from his grip and quickly sat down.

“I usually sit next to noona for dinner.” Changkyun said with a short-lived smile and he turned his gaze away from the male, Kihyun grimaced and looked away. Mr. Yoo paused, and looked at the two males, he tilted his head at his wife.

Hyungwon pressed his lips together as he took the seat beside Jooheon, Shownu and Wonho walked around the table and sat on Kihyun’s side. Minhyuk was smiling as he sat beside Mrs. Yoo.

Wonwoo sat down next to Kihyun’s father, his eyes went to Jungah briefly.

“I made Jungah’s favorites. Eat up, darling.” Mrs. Yoo said as the help came out to serve some drinks.

“It’s been a while since we had the boys over for dinner too, it’s good to see you, you troublemakers.” She added with a playful smile.

“Auntie, you always make the best spring rolls.” Jooheon cheerfully said, Jungah was about to start eating when she paused and looked around the table.

“We love being invited here, auntie. And it’s not just because of the food,” Wonho chimed in as he filled his plate with food.

“It’s because of food for him, auntie. Don’t be tricked.” Hyungwon added, the latter glared at him. Mrs. Yoo chuckled and ushered for them to start eating.

Shownu’s brows went up, noticing the small frown on her face.

“Can someone pass me the,” She spoke, and seven pairs of eyes went to her. Mrs. Yoo broke into a small smile as she looked at them.

“What is it?” Hyungwon asked her, Wonwoo glanced at the girl, she was staring at one of the plates..

“That…That..What do you~”

Shownu reached out for the plate of glazed beef strips and placed it in front of her, the girl grinned and picked up a few slices.

“She tends to…hog the beef.” Shownu muttered back, Minhyuk and Wonho grinned at each other. Wonwoo turned his gaze away and continued eating.

“Right, Wonwoo, do you already have plans on settling down? You’re an only son, dear.” Mrs. Yoo began, her husband grimaced and hurriedly stuffed his face. Jooheon was happily putting more food on his plate while Jungah fussed over him because he couldn’t use his other hand.

“Noona, you should eat too.” Changkyun commented.

“Settling down? I just got back home, auntie.” Wonwoo replied with a polite smile.

“Why delay it? You and our Jungah would be the perfect match.” Mrs. Yoo replied in an excited tone, her husband and son both grimaced as the table grew eerily quiet. Utensils stopped moving, and her troublemakers were all looking at her.

“Jungah noona? That’s not a bad idea, but~”

“A match? Like soccer?” Hyungwon, who’s never had difficutly in understanding Korean, asked.

“Not soccer, maybe like a duel?” Minhyuk mused, Kihyun grimaced again.

“Hyung, like with swords? Or guns? Those Western movies have guns.” Changkyun chimed in, Shownu glanced at his friends oddly.

“No, no, swords sound better.” Jooheon commented in between bites, Wonho grinned and playfully raised his steak knife.

Mrs. Yoo sighed at them, Kihyun shook his head to himself.

“Let me apologize on their behalf, Wonwoo, apparently they never grew up.” She said with a smile, Wonwoo could only nod back.

“So, what do you think, princess? Swords or guns?” Minhyuk would not just drop it. Wonwoo looked up from his plate.

“What?” Jungah put her utensils down and took a sip of her wine.

“What would be the perfect match for you? Or who.” He continued, Shownu wanted to sigh but he continued eating. Mrs. Yoo smiled and looked at her niece with interest.

“Minhyuk oppa. You.” Jungah said and she winked at him.

“Really? Me?” Minhyuk beamed at her.

“Because you’re pretty.“ Jungah grinned at him and Minhyuk blew her a kiss.

 

 

 

“You’re pretty brave for gathering us around, Kim Donghee’s son.” The middle-aged man spoke as Rowoon stepped in the private room, all eyes went to him and he let out a chuckle.

“Trust me, sir. This will be worth your time.” He said before taking his seat, he glanced at the women in the room, they bowed discreetly before leaving the room.

“I see you’ve enjoyed yourselves quite a bit.” Rowoon said as he noticed the bottles on the table, one of the heavily tattooed men cleared his throat.

“You’re from the Busan group, right?”

The male nodded in reply, Rowoon smiled and poured himself a drink.

“I’m sure you’ve all heard about a certain girl and her ties with the Seoul organization.” At the mention of Jungah, all eyes went to him.

“Yes. People say that she may be the key finally taking those brats down.”

“Chang Jungah. That’s her name.” Rowoon said as he leaned on his chair and took a small sip from his glass, the men murmured amongst each other.

“Would you like to know about her?”

“What are you trying to do?” One of them spoke, Rowoon shrugged and the room’s lights dimmed. The TV screen lit up and photos of Jungah with the Seoul organization men appeared.

“She’s often seen with them, or them being around her. Look,”

The room grew silent as familiar faces appeared on the screen, and then there were images of Jungah going in and out of a mall were being shown.

“Does she go out often?”

“No, she works here. It’s Apgujeong. I will be giving you the address.” Rowoon said as another photo of Jungah and Changkyun appeared, the two were having lunch together.

There was an approving murmur amongst the room, Rowoon grinned at his father’s secretary before speaking again.

“My father apologizes for not being able to join us tonight, as you all know, with the elections coming up, he has to be extra careful.”

“Of course. We understand.”

“I understand that he has your full support then? You all know what the exchange will be.” Rowoon said as another round of drinks entered the room.

“Your father wins. Then we can finally remove those rich brats.” The tattooed man spat as he pick up a whiskey bottle and chugged it.

“Yes, and,”

The women from earlier started distributing folders around the room.

“We have our hands pretty full right now, however, if anyone has spare time, those files contain details about Chang Jungah. Her address, her work address and people she’s friends with.”

“This is impressive, young master. How did you get close to her? They are probably very protective of her. She’s seen a lot with the Son boss as well.”

Rowoon smiled and shrugged.

“I have my ways, sir. I just need someone to get rid of her for me so that we can finally attack.”

 

 

 

“You’ve been quiet.”

Wonwoo glanced back as he heard the familiar voice approaching him, Jungah was smiling as she reached him.

“I wasn’t expecting that there’d be a lot of guests, noona.” He mused back, he had stepped out to the garden to check on some messages.

“They are quite a crowd.” She nodded back and leaned against the marble bench. The two continued to chat not noticing how Jooheon and Chankgyun were standing at the terrace above, looking at them like vultures.

“That’s not a bad idea? Perfect match?” Jooheon scoffed, Hyungwon grinned from the couch, the guys were enjoying a few drinks in the living room. The Yoo elders had excused themselves and had already retired for bed.

“You two, leave Wonwoo alone.” Kihyun sighed, Minhyuk looked up from his phone.

“So, you’re okay with him being matched to your cousin?” He spoke, Wonho glanced at the younger male.

“It’s her choice if she likes him back.” Kihyun replied, realizing that he had fallen for one of Minhyuk’s traps.

“So, why say that? They’re not even doing anything. Yet.”

“Yet.” Kihyun repeated, Wonho let out a chuckle and he glanced at Shownu who was quietly taking small sips from his glass.

“There’s just something about him that I don’t trust, hyung. I don’t know. I don’t like how he looks.” Changkyun spoke, Jooheon nodded with him, agreeing.

“True.” Wonho hummed back, Shownu’s eyes turned to the window again.

“It’s getting late. It’s also cold out.” He said as he stood up, Minhyuk was smiling to himself as the older male picked up his phone from the table.

“Tell Jungah to come inside.” He simply said before walking towards the dining room again, Jooheon smiled before turning to the terrace again.

“Princess, it’s cold! Come back inside!” He bellowed, Hyungwon let out a laugh and finished his drink.

Wonwoo glanced back at the house, just as Jooheon and Chankgyun left the terrace, his forehead creased. But Jungah was smiling.

“I guess, we better head~”

“Noona, wait,” Wonwoo reached for her arm, the girl looked at him.

“Your…new friends, they…seem something, huh?”

“A handful, you mean?” She said, Wonwoo dropped his arm to his side, he pressed his lips before speaking again.

“It’s just that..they seem dangerous, noona. I worry that they might be…putting you in harm’s way.”

“Do they give off that vibe?” Jungah was smiling, wanting to diver the male’s attention.

“You just met them, noona. I think being careful is right.” Wonwoo said with a smile as they headed back to the house.

“I know, don’t worry. They’re cool.” Jungah replied with a small smile, Wonwoo glanced at her again.

“So, we still good this weekend?” He asked her to which Jungah nodded back and tugged her jacket closer to her frame.

“Of course, you don’t have to pick me up.” She added quickly, Wonwoo hummed in reply and they got back inside the living room.

“Baby Chae~”

“I’m driving you home, let’s go.” He spoke as he approached the girl with her jacket in hand.

“I can take her.” Wonwoo spoke up, Hyungwon’s eyes went to him and the younger male couldn’t help but flinch.

“That won’t be necessary.” He replied, Wonwoo was about to speak but Shownu and Wonho appeared by the foyer.

“I’ll get going then, you should too.” Jungah turned to the younger male, she leaned over to give him a quick hug. Wonwoo could only watch as the girl followed the tall male to the garage.

“Nosey bastards.”

 

 

 

The two guards glanced at each other as they tailed the young lady thru the snack aisle, Jungah was happily humming to herself as she filled the cart.

“Must you personally do this, young miss?” One of them spoke, Jungah blinked and turned to him.

“It’s just grocery shopping, hyungnim. And I doubt,” She gestured around them, the grocery was filled with mothers and their kids, roaming around.

“Anything would happen, just look.”

The guard sighed and gently steered the cart away from her, Jungah chuckled and walked ahead of them.

“I thought she wasn’t supposed to go out if not needed. Did she..tell the young masters about this?”

“I think so. Does it still matter?” The other guard mused just as Jungah reached the fresh produce section, she started going through the fruits on display.

Jungah was about to pick out some apples when she suddenly grimaced, she clutched on her stomach.

“Young miss, what~”

“I need to use the restroom. Wait here.” She blurted out, one of the guards were about to speak but she shook her head at him.

“It’s…a lady problem. I’ll be fine, just…give me some space.” She mumbled before heading off, the guards exhaled and watched as the girl made a beeline for the exit.

Jungah hurriedly reached the restroom, she got inside one of the empty cubicle and rummaged through her purse, and then she sighed.

“How could I not bring even one~” She froze when someone was suddenly banging on the door.

“Uhmm, this is taken.” She blurted out, but the banging didn’t stop, Jungah’s forehead creased, she carefully unlocked the door and it swung open.

“Sorry, but I’m still~” She gasped when the person suddenly yanked her shirt forward.

“I’m sorry, I don’t care.” A masculine voice whispered in her ear, Jungah saw their reflection and realized that the person who was holding onto her was dressed in women’s clothes. She was about to open when the male slammed his palm against her jaw, the girl grimaced.

“Make one wrong move, young miss,” He slurred as he sniffed her hair.

“And everything inside you will be splattered in these walls.” He cackled as Jungah felt something cold against her side.

“I—I’m not alone, I came with~”

“I know, we have eyes on you.” He mused as he shoved her against the wall, Jungah swallowed, and she looked around. She realized that the restroom was empty except for her and the male. She studied him and noticed the tattoo underneath his left eyebrow, he had another one peeking out the sleeve of his jacket.

“They say it’s not easy spotting you, but here we are. I have you right where I want you.” He said as he ran his fingers down her arm. Jungah shuddered, and then she felt the searing pain on her lower abdomen again.

“Hey, if…I get that you have plans, but can you at least get me a pad?” She blurted out, the male blinked, confused with her words.

“A pad?” He said.

“I’m already bleeding badly right now. And you have not even stabbed me.” She muttered back as she shifted uncomfortably.

“What~” But the male shook his head and let out a laugh, Jungah was about to speak but he simply strode back to her and struck her across the cheek.

And then her world turned black.

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++