048

What's Your Secret?

 

 

 

Jungah grunted as pain shot through her arm, she felt herself being pulled and she spun around, her guards had surrounded her.

“Hyungnim, what happened?” She managed to speak amongst the mess, she tried to wrench free from their grasp.

“Young miss, please~”

Jungah pulled away from them and she halted, Kihyun was lying on the floor, blood dripping down from his mouth.

“O—Oppa, what~” Her eyes went to the spots of blood on his suit, it was starting to darken.

“What..What..” She looked across the street, she could still the SUV trying to speed away.

“Check his pulse!” The guards were running around, Jungah’s forehead creased, she was jogging towards the parked Range Rover when she noticed the group of motorbikes tailing the SUV.

“They’re covering the car.” She muttered; she was about to get in when her guards blocked her.

“Young miss,”

“I have to get to them!” She argued back, her fingers shaking. She could hear the ambulance nearing them and Kihyun was groaning as a group of guards covered any view of him.

The guard cleared his throat, gesturing for her to follow his gaze. Jungah turned and found that people were already staring.

“It’s best if we don’t do anything now. We checked the young master’s wounds, fortunately they didn’t hit any vital spots.”

Jungah let out a shaky breath and she rushed back towards her cousin, paramedics were already crowded around him, trying to stop the bleeding.

“We’ll be bringing him to the closest hospital!” One of them announced as they loaded Kihyun into the vehicle, Jungah stepped back and nodded.

“Young miss, you should get your arm checked.” One of her guards suggested, Jungah shook her head, some of their men had already left, tailing the ambulance.

“I’m fine,” She replied, she glanced at the street, she could hear a familiar loud purring from a few meters away.

“Oh no.” Jungah murmured under her breath.

“Yes, oh no.” Her guarded nodded just as the Lamborghini Urus pulled over, Jungah saw Wonho’s Audi R8n speed ahead, probably already on his way to the hospital. The Urus’s driver appeared and Jungah hid her arm behind her.

“What happened? Where are they taking Kihyun?” Shownu barked as he reached them, his expression turning dark. Jungah glanced at the blood on their building’s curb, she spotted her uncle standing by the lobby. He was on the phone, probably trying to block out the media talk.

“Jungah,” She felt a hand on her back.

“I..I wanted…to go after them…It was just..a Hyundai SUV, the Rover could have caught up with them in seconds.” She blurted out as Shownu made her face him.

“It’s good that you didn’t, Changkyun’s already in the process of checking the plates. Are you okay? They said you may have hurt your arm. The guards had to tackle you down.” Shownu’s eyes scanned her from her head to her feet.

“No, no. I’m good.” She murmured, holding onto his sleeves. Shownu exhaled and took her hand in his.

“Let’s go to the hospital.” He said as he pulled the girl with him, the guards moved with them.

“They shot him, oppa.” She spoke as Shownu got in the vehicle; the male glanced at her.

“We don’t even have to check who’s behind this. And it…” Jungah trailed off as Shownu sped away from the building.

“I know, but your guards are right, chasing after them may have cause more problems, and…you might get hurt too.”

Jungah pressed her lips together and turned away from him, Shownu glanced at her briefly.

“Jungah~”

“I hate him, oppa. I hate that they’re doing this. And, I…I’ll destroy them. I will surely destroy him.”

 

 

 

Changkyun glanced at their men as Shownu move forward, the older male’s gloves were already slick with blood.
“We checked the car, we found the gun that was used on young master Yoo.” The guard quietly spoke, Changkyun nodded as he went over to examine the Hyundai SUV. He could hear Kim Donghee’s men groaning from a distance. Shownu had arrived fuming, it wasn’t the type of anger he was used to seeing in the older male. This time it was different because Jungah was there, she was so close to danger. And that only added fuel to the fire.

Changkyun was certain that the older male was seeing red.

He glanced up just as Shownu picked up a hammer, the male refused to use the guns.

“This is going to be a long painful tonight, the guns would have been the better option, sir.” One of the guards said, Changkyun nodded at him.

Kim Donghee’s men were groaning in pain, one of them was even begging Shownu to stop and offered information in exchange for his freedom. But, they didn’t need that. Changkyun heard a sickening crunch as someone yelled in pain.

“Ouch.” He muttered under his breath.

“The young miss almost chased after them, can you imagine what would have happened then?” One of the guards said, Jungah’s hyungnim was with them and the latter grinned.

“We’d be cleaning up two messes then, the young miss won’t stop until she gets what she wants.”

“I don’t understand what they’re doing. Why…” He trailed off as he saw something familiar on the carpet, he leaned down to pick it up.

“What is that, sir?”

Changkyun took out his phone and turned the flashlight on, his eyes widened in shock.

“H—Hyung!” Changkyun slid down from the car and rushed towards the older male, Shownu paused and tossed the hammer away.

“I found this in the car.” He blurted out, his eyes went to the bloodied males for a few seconds.

“Is that a business card?” Shownu spoke as he took off his left glove, the took the small piece of paper and he halted.

“Maybe…noona was right.”

The older male grew quiet as he continued stare at the name printed on it.

“What…should we do?”

“Tomorrow. We’ll deal with this tomorrow, but now, have some people tail him.” Shownu started to remove his other glove.

“What about, Jungah noona?”

“She’s got so much on her plate now, for now, I’ll take care of it.” He stated as he walked out of the warehouse.

 

 

 

“We’re lucky Kihyun’s safe now. But, what if she got hurt too?” Wonho said under his breath as Jungah sat outside the suite.

“Young master Son left after receiving a call from the house.” One of the guards spoke, Wonho nodded back and looked around, the floor was already heavily guarded. Jooheon and Hyungwon were only a couple of rooms away. While Minhyuk’s room was right across Kihyun’s.

“I don’t like this.” Wonho murmured as he crossed his arms.

“Changkyun got something, oppa?” Jungah was walking towards her, not seeming two mind the two men trailing her from behind.

“The SUV from earlier, and the motorists.”

“Are…they okay?” Jungah asked, not referring to the people who tried killing her and her cousin.

“I haven’t heard anything yet, but one of our warehouses have been reactivated, it’s just a few minutes from downtown. Don’t worry, I’m sure they’re both okay.” Wonho said, her forehead creased, and she leaned against the railings.

“Oppa, this must be his way of getting back at us, huh? Like he said,” Jungah exhaled, Wonho glanced at her before speaking.

“Jungah, Kim Donghee must be really hiding something. I know you’re worried but seeing how he’s reacting~”

“Is it really worth having all of you in danger?” She faced him, Wonho’s brows went up.

“You’ve seen what we’ve uncovered, he’s been stealing from people, using charities and asking for donations from others, then he…tunnels it to all those accounts of his. That money…would have helped a lot of people, Jungah.”

“I..know, oppa. But this….He knows our schedule, he knows where we live, he knows all our movements. And it bothers me that I can’t keep up.”

Wonho was about to speak when the elevators dinged open, Shownu stepped out, the older male had changed. Gone was his navy-blue pinstripe suit from earlier, he was wearing a pair of dark denim jeans and a black turtleneck.

“How’s he?” Shownu walked towards them, Wonho glanced back at the doors.

“He got out of the operating room about thirty minutes ago. Doctors said that he’s fine, they managed to get three bullets in him. But, Kihyun’s not in danger as of now. He just needs to rest.”

Jungah remained quiet and stared at the tall windows before them.

“That’s good.”

“Did we get them?” Wonho asked as he put on his coat, Shownu gave him a discreet nod.

“Talk to her.” Two Dots mouthed before stepping away from the them, Shownu stood beside her and looked at the girl.

“Are things okay?”

Jungah exhaled and pressed her palms together.

“I’m just..worried, that’s all.”

“You have a right to be. I’m still surprised that you haven’t tried running away from me.” He continued, Jungah glanced at him.

“I promised they wouldn’t be able to get to you, but today, they..got so close, Jungah. And for that, I’m sor~”

“It’s not that. And don’t apologize. I was talking about you guys. I’m worried.” Jungah faced him, Shownu tilted his head in response.

“Jungah, you were almost shot at.”

“Oppa, I was not the intended target. If I was, then some of the guards would have been hurt too, they covered me right away, remember?”

Shownu paused, he met her gaze evenly and his lips curled up slightly.

“It kind of that you’re so level-headed sometimes.” He stated, Jungah rolled her eyes, still not biting at his reply.

“I’m worried because Kim Donghee knows where to find us, he knows…all of our movements, and I don’t know where all of you are at any given day or time. It’s not like I could track every one of you. And I hate how he has that control over me, us.” She breathed, turning away from him.

“It makes me anxious, oppa. Maybe I should have listened to his threat, maybe I~”

Shownu gently took her by the shoulders and made the girl face him.

“Jungah, it’s not your fault. And, we all were aware that ever since we started hacking into his computer he would retaliate.”

“By shooting one of us out in the open.” She stated, Shownu paused, sensing her anger resurfacing.

“I’m sorry this is happening, princess. I really am.” He said softly as he pulled her to him, Jungah let out a shaky breath, her shoulders relaxed as she pressed her face against his chest.

“I know it’s out of your control, One Dot.” She murmured as she let her tears dampen the front of his shirt, she’d been holding in it for so long earlier, but things were getting too heavy for her to process. A lot of things had happened, Minhyuk getting injured, Baby Joo and Baby Chae being in a car accident and now her older cousin being shot in broad daylight. All this just because Kim Donghee would just not give up. Because he wants to get rid of them and take their territories.

It was getting a little too much Chang Jungah who always lived her life peacefully, before her Dots, things were simply…carefree. But, she would never trade them for anything. Especially not him.

“It’s okay. It’ll be okay.” Shownu said in hushed tones as his arms tightened around her.

“We’re all going to be okay, Jungah.” He stated again as his other hand cupped the back of her head and softly caressed her hair, calming her down.

 

 

 

“Did you get him?” Rowoon looked up from his desk, the three males nodded in reply, and they walked in the room.

“Your father has left to meet up with his lawyers, sir. He will be back by tomorrow.”

Rowoon nodded and glanced at the clock, he pressed his lips together.

“We barely escaped them, but they got the car and two of our men, sir.”

Rowoon nodded again, he checked his phone briefly.

“What shall we do, sir? They…might get information out of them, we heard that young master Son was at the scene in minutes.”

“Of course, he’ll be there.” Another voice chimed in, the other men bowed as a male walked in the room, Rowoon’s lips quirked up.

“His lady love was there; I think it’s only right that we didn’t hurt her. She should never be hurt, got it?” He repeated, Rowoon leaned back and put his hands together.

“No one lays a hand on Jungah, got it?”

“Yes, of course, young master.”

“And here I thought that she was going to be your weakness,” Rowoon commented, the male shrugged and took his seat.

“Maybe I’m done playing dumb, at some point I will have to stop pretending, right?” He cleared his throat.

“Too bad, we didn’t really get to cause damage. It was hard to aim at him when they have so many people around.” Rowoon shrugged as he poured himself a drink.

“But we got him. That will put him in a hospital for weeks, now we have three more of those idiots to take care of.”

“Who should we go for next, cousin?” Rowoon grinned as he brought his drink to his lips.

Wonwoo hummed as he looked at his men.

“How about we finish off two birds with one stone?”

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++