029

What's Your Secret?

 

 

 

Jungah puffed her cheeks as she stepped out of her room, it had just turned ten in the evening. And she was hungry, again.

“Well, dinner part two.” She mumbled to herself as she headed down, clad in a purple tank top and loose fitting sweatpants. She reached the dining hall entrance and she heard voices. Her brows rose, she thought that she had the whole house to herself.

“Princess, hello!” Jooheon was the first one who spoke as she strode in, she looked at them and paused.

“Is this your first dinner?” She blurted out, Wonho chuckled before pulling a seat for her.

“There’s a second one?” Hyungwon mused, the girl shook her head and plopped down beside Two Dots.

“I was about to go to bed, but I got hungry. I didn’t know you guys were..coming over..or sleeping over….” She said as she pulled the pizza towards her, Changkyun grinned at her.

“We needed to discuss a few things, noona.”

“Hmm, the things you took back from Kim Donghee?”

“Yes. And we found out that he’s been changing the contents. He’s been stuffing it with party drugs and other…substances that would put our negotiations with the police in danger. So,” Hyungwon begun as he leaned on the table, Shownu glanced at the girl as she listened intently.

“Do you have any idea how we should take care of him, princess? Any input you can give us?” Hyungwon spoke, Minhyuk chuckled and looked at the two.

“I have two.”

“Two?” Jooheon grew curious.

“First, you can shoot him. Just pew pew the out of him.” She begun as she poured some cola for herself, Kihyun grimaced at her words.

“Sounds extremely feasible. If we want war.” Hyungwon humoured back, Shownu bit into his slice and smiled to himself.

“What’s your second suggestion?” Minhyuk queried, the girl took a few moments to chew before setting her pizza down.

“Let me use Rowoon.”

“What.” Kihyun blurted out, Wonho and Changkyun started laughing.

“I meant, let me play him. Since, it is safe to assume that he probably became my friend to get to you. I’m going to make sure that it’s gonna bite him in the .”

“Let’s choose our words wisely.” Kihyun muttered as he pushed the napkins towards her.

“How do you intend to…use him?” Shownu spoke, Jungah turned to him, meeting his unwavering gaze.

“I’m pretty sure he doesn’t know that I’m now aware, no I mean, he doesn’t know that we all are aware of who he really is.”

“We’re not certain about that. Not yet.” Minhyuk cautiously said, Jungah nodded and pressed her palms together.

“Well, we’ll find out, right? Will you let me do this?”

“What exactly are you planning, princess?” Hyungwon chimed in, Jungah batted her eyes at him, he shuddered.

“I’m going to make him think that I like him. Let me flirt with the guy.”

Minhyuk started choking on a mozzarella stick, Changkyun picked up his drink and his eyes went to their leader.

“What? No.” Kihyun crossed his arms, while Minhyuk grabbed his glass of water.

“I mean, I need him to think that I really am inclined to get to know him. And that he has me wrapped around his finger.”

Changkyun put his glass down and Shownu leaned back on his seat, his eyes were on the girl. But the crease on his forehead was getting obvious.

“Somebody please tell her no.” Kihyun stated, Jooheon was smiling at the girl.

“What do you think, oppa?” Jungah turned to face Shownu, she had an excited smile on her face as she waited for him to speak.

Minhyuk grinned and looked away, Jungah, for once was asking permission. Well, it was a reckless idea, surely their leader would say no.

“Do you think you can do it?”

Three Dots’ head whipped towards the male’s direction, Wonho and Kihyun also balked.

“Wonho oppa gave me a new set of hunting knives. Baby Chae has been training with pistols.” She shrugged before helping herself to another slice. Jooheon elbowed Changkyun and leaned towards him.

“What’s this? Is he going to let her do this?”

“He never says no to her.” The youngest whispered back.

“Will you let us think about it first? Let us discuss this plan before you go and…use Rowoon. How does that sound?”

“Bad. I should have used another word. But, okay. Sounds good.”

Shownu laughed softly and gestured for her to eat more, Kihyun grew quiet as he observed his cousin. And then his eyes widened, recalling the conversation he had with the Yoo elders the other day.

“But, Jungah, what will he say? Your boyfriend.”

The table grew quiet and everyone was staring at Kihyun, he noticed how Jungah shifted on her seat.

“And, you brought him over to lunch one time? He met halbae too, how come you didn’t tell me?” He continued on.

“Because..you like to judge me with my choices. And, we already broke up, oppa.” She sighed at him, wanting to switch topics. Shownu was silently picking on a mozzarella stick, while Changkyun observed him.

“I never judge your life choices. And when did you two break up? He was a nice guy.”

“Last year.” She mumbled as she nibbled on the crust.

“Why?”

“He cheated on me.”

Jooheon scoffed and shook his head.

“Why would you date someone like that?” Kihyun questioned, Jungah looked up and raised her brows at him.

“Anyway, thanks for this. I’m going to head to my room now.” She said as she stood up, Wonho smiled and reached out to give her hand a light squeeze.

“Good night, princess.” He said to her, Jungah grinned back at him. she was about to leave the dining room when Hyungwon spoke again.

“Jungah,”

“Yes, Baby Chae.”

“What’s the name of the guy?”

Jungah tilted her head, while the others remained busy with their food on the table, it was so obvious that they were listening intently. And Changkyun already had his phone on the table.

“Don’t.” Minhyuk mouthed at her.

“Let her rest. Good night, Jooheon’s princess.” Shownu turned to her, she winked at him before scampering away.

 

 

 

“For someone who’s heading back to work, you…seem eager.” Shownu said as he started the car, his eyes went to her left cheek. The scar a faint pink mark now, but it still bothered him. She got hurt under his watch. She was almost taken away.

“What did the council decide? Can I do that thing with Rowoon?”

Shownu smiled at her, amused.

“Council? Do what thing with Rowoon?”

“You know what I mean.” She mumbled in reply, Shownu tilted his head and his other dropped on his lap.

“Kihyun didn’t want to agree. But you have a point, he knows you, and he probably assumes that he can control you. I don’t like particularly like that part. But, I get it.”

He could see her smie as she leaned back on the seat.

“You can start with Rowoon today, or this week. Whenever you prefer, my only request is,”

Jungah faced him, she had her phone on her lap.

“Don’t get in his car. And wear the watch…or any of the jewelry Changkyun provided.”

“I can do that.” She nodded, then she blinked at him.

“Right, this year…Joon and I made plans to throw Haerin’s birthday party..at my place. It’s this weekend, oppa.”

Shownu glanced at her.

“And…a sleepover too. I can just cancel if it’s-”

“You don’t have to. Throw that party if you want. We will have guards outside, they will be discreet.” Shownu stated, Jungah smiled and nodded.

“One Dot is the best.” She hummed at him, Shownu ignored her comment but he was smiling.

“Do you have plans for lunch? I hope you haven’t arranged a date with Rowoon yet.”

“Very funny, Son Hyunwoo. I am in tears.” She wanly said.

“Grab lunch with me?” He asked as they reached Galleria’s frontage.

“Okay. I’ll meet you here later. No need to come inside and scare the daylights out of my boss.”

Shownu smiled in reply as he put the Urus in a full stop, he was about to step down from the car to open the car for her, but she beat him to it.

“I’ll see you later, oppa. Drive safely, I pray people don’t piss you off today. Bye!” She gave him a small wave before rushing towards the entrance. Shownu shook his head as she disappeared into the building, he checked the car’s rearview mirror and spotted their men already parked at the mall’s curb.

 

 

 

“Millions. Millions! And just like that, we’ve lost it.” Kim Donghee bellowed across his office, Rowoon grimaced on his seat while his father’s two henchmen remained quiet.

“Someone explain this to me. How did they manage to take everything? Reports said that it was only two people. How did that happen?”

“We were prepared, sir. We were transferring the crates to the truck to get them delivered, but theyb suddenly attacked. And…”

“And what? It was two against thirty. How did that happen?” Rowoon rubbed his temples and pressed his lips together.

“It was them. The two young masters, they came armed. I don’t know how did it…or how they found out, but,”

“Wait, you mean, they came? The young masters.” Kim Donghee spat, the two men nodded in unison.

“Lee Wonho and Chae Hyungwon. We couldn’t do anything since they had cansiters of tear gas with them. And…an unlimited number of bullets.”

“Casualties?”

“Six of our men were brought to the hospital, three are going through surgery.”

Rowoon exhaled and looked away.

“They attacked us while their princess is upstairs. Are they willing to put her in danger just to get back at us?” Kim Donghee murmured as he took his seat again.

“What do you think? I think…the girl is still clueless. About you.”

Rowoon faced his father and stretched his legs before him.

“Our partners and contact have been snuffed out, appa. We are in the red zone now, if we don’t do anything to remedy this, we might be in danger. Especially your campaign.”

His father nodded in agreement.

“I also think that Jungah is still clueless about me. She considers me as her friend. And, I think it’s time I use that to my advantage.”

“Let’s use that then. Use her against them.”

“I plan to do that. It might hurt Wonwoo, but that doesn’t matter. He was never going to get her anyway.” Rowoon murmured with a smirk.

“Then what about those boys? Our contacts were waiting for the deliveries. We have nothing to supply them with.” Kim Donghee spoke then his secretary came rushing in, he looked pale and nervous.

“Sir,”

“What is it?”

And then the male handed him his phone and the elder almost fell off his seat.

“What happened?” Rowoon stood up and strode towards his father’s desk. He froze as he read the text on the device’s screen.

“More reports are still coming in, but as of now…three of our warehouses have been…emptied. And, our main contacts in Incheon and Busan..both gone.” Kim Donghee said through gritted teeth.

“It’s been confirmed, sir. It was them. A CCTV footage of one of the…sons…he was smiling at the camera as it happened at our main Daegu warehouse.”

“Which one?” Rowoon tersely asked.

“Im Changkyun. The Kia Motors son.”

Rowoon scoffed, he loosened tie and left his father’s office.

“Rowoon will take care of the girl, now it’s time we focus on those brats. Call everyone for a meeting. We’ve changed targets.”

 

 

 

Minhyuk was smiling as he strolled towards the parked Suburbans, two of Jungah’s guards bowed as he approached them.

“Young master,”

“Nothing to worry about, I was around the area and decided to check in. How was the ride to work this morning?”

“Young master Son drove her. And, from what we’ve heard from the young miss, they made plans for lunch.”

“Hmm, progress.” Minhyuk chuckled, the guards smiled at each other knowingly.

“Did you check the perimeter? Nothing out of the ordinary?” He glanced around them, it was already nearing lunch and a lot of people were already roaming about.

“So far, nothing, sir. And, we also ran a check on Kim Donghee’s movements today. The man hasn’t left his office.”

Minhyuk leaned against the car and nodded back.

“I heard, Kihyun thinks we should lure him out. Jooheon wants to wait and see.” He continued as he noticed a familiar male slide down from a parked BMW sedan.

The guards followed his gaze, Minhyuk titled his head.

“You said One Dot hyung and Jungah have plans?”

“Yes, sir.”

“Then, why is he here?” Minhyuk stated, his eyes travelled to the tall male standing by the mall’s entrance. He also noticed how Wonwoo was staring at the male intently. The tall male glanced over his shoulder as if sensing his gaze, Minhyuk saw how Wonwoo’s shoulders tensed briefly but he gave the latter a quick nod.

“What’s this? They know-”

The doors slid open and Jungah appeared, but the girl was busy on the phone, she was smiling as she stepped out.

Minhyuk watched as Wonwoo pushed himself off his car, just as a black Lamborghini Urus pulled over.

“Oh god, someone film this.” Young master Lee said with glee, while the guards grimaced.

Jungah finally looked up, hearing the car. Shownu had just stepped down from the vehicle when she heard someone call her name.

“Jungah-ya,”

She paused, her brows going up. And then she slowly turned her head and there he was.

“Y—Youngho,” She blurted out, the man gave her a small smile that didn’t reach his eyes.

“Are you busy? Can we talk?” He tried to reach for her hand, but Jungah took a step to her left and then she paused as she collided with someone.

“I didn’t know you were back, Youngho hyung,” Wonwoo said, his jaw growing taut. Jungah could only stare at the male with wide eyes.

“I got reassigned here last month. Can I talk to her for a bit?” Youngho met the younger male’s gaze evenly.

Jungah pressed her lips together, she grew conscious of Wonwoo’s hand on her shoulder and she gently removed it.

“Noona and I made plans. Maybe next time, hyung.” Wonwoo stated, Jungah’s eyes flew to him and her forehead creased.

“Oh my, hyungnims.” Minhyuk was grinning like the Cheshire Cat as he watched the scene unfold before them. Shownu was standing by his car, assessing, waiting.

“Wonwoo, don’t-”

“We don’t have plans, Wonwoo.” Jungah said as she faced him, Youngho’s brows went up, a smirk already starting to form.

“Noona, he-”

“My car’s at the basement, let’s go.” Youngho reached for her arm, but the girl shook her head.

“I’m not going with you.” She stared at him and sighed.

“Does the car’s black box capture audio too? I want to show this to the guys.” Minhyuk whispered just as Shownu moved away from his car.

“You ready to go?” He spoke as he walked towards them, Jungah’s guards didn’t miss how relief flashed in her eyes. And then she gave him a meaningful smile.

Wonwoo tensed as he saw the male.

Jungah nodded back at her, Shownu’s eyes went to the newcomer and his fingers around Jungah’s wrist.

“Can I drive?” She asked him just as she shook Youngho’s hand off.

“Of course.” He smiled back and nodded for her to walk ahead of him, Jungah moved forward but Wonwoo spoke again.

“Noona, we talked about this. He-”

“I’d like for her to have something in her stomach before lunch break ends.” Shownu said, his tone arctic. Minhyuk actually flinched and turned his gaze away.

Even Jungah grew alarmed at his tone.

“She doesn’t have to go with you. Quit controlling her.” Wonwoo replied hotly, Youngho could only look at the other male, curious.

The corners of Shownu’s lips went up as he stared him down.

“She dated him and not you. Now I know why.”

Jungah balked at his words, she simply took his hand in hers and started pulling him towards the car. Shownu was grinning as he let the girl drag him along.

Jungah yanked the passenger seat door opened and faced him.

“Wow, that was really mature of you, Son Hyunwoo.” She said through gritted teeth, he glanced over his shoulder before speaking.

“I guessed right?”

“I have no words.” Jungah muttered back as she tossed her bag to the back seat. He grinned and reached out to brush her hair away from her face, then he got in the car.

“I’m hungry.” He said as Jungah got inside the car, and started the engine.

“I noticed.” She said dryly before stepping on the gas.

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++