056

What's Your Secret?

 

 

 

Jungah looked up as the male walked in the room, the girl was inside the house’s study, chatting with Baby Chae and Chankgyun over some snacks.

“Minhyuk’s planning on releasing it bit by bit, just to get the right amount of media attention on it before blowing it all up.” Hyungwon spoke, Shownu nodded back at the male.

“That’s a good move.” He said as he stood behind the girl’s chair and leaned his elbows on the back of it.

“What are you planning now?” One Dot turned to Changkyun.

“I just got off the phone with my father, he thinks that I shouldn’t go to work for a while, and he wants me home.”

The older male slowly nodded back, Jungah frowned and picked up another rhubarb tart.

“I’ll be fine, noona. We can always call.” Changkyun mused at her, the girl shook her head and Hyungwon chuckled.

“He has to pack, and I have to check the armory.” Baby Chae stood up and gestured for the youngest to follow him. Shownu exhaled as the two left the room, Jungah felt his hands on her shoulders before speaking.

“Interesting afternoon, huh?”

“I’m sorry I wasn’t able to make it earlier, Wonho says that his father was..pleasant.” He stated as he leaned down to kiss the top of her head, Jungah leaned back into his touch.

“I’m sure he doesn’t know what his son is up to. He also probably has no idea what he’s relatives are doing.” She murmured, Shownu nodded along, he cupped her chin briefly before taking a seat across the girl.

"I know you’re worried, but it will be okay, Jungah. We’re prepared for this."

“I have four out of seven injured, one under investigation, One Dot. I don’t think it’ll be okay unless we,” She paused, her forehead creasing.

“Why does it feel like you’re the one who’s going to have flying on squads on us?” He said with a small smile, Jungah pursed her lips before speaking.

“I know Rowoon’s still missing, oppa. I don’t like that.”

“Wonho has people looking into that right now.”

She frowned again and set down her unfinished pastry, Shownu smiled before picking it up and popping it in his mouth.

“So, lunch tomorrow? Your halbae said yes.” He begun, the male was grinning at her.

“Huh, I didn’t know I was invited.” She said with a fake gasp, her hand flew to her chest.

“I almost forgot to add a seat, but yes, I need you there.” He replied, the girl stood up to get herself another cup of tea.

“Appa called me earlier, he’s pretty…amused by it, auntie is excited. Halbae…Well, halbae and uncle placed a bet, you know.”

“A bet?” Shownu repeated, the girl walked back to the table and set two cups on the table, she was about to sit back down, but Shownu gently tugged on her wrist and pulled her to his lap.

“Halbae bet on you, and he forced uncle to bet on Wonwoo. So, you won him money.”

“And, Kihyun’s father has been forced to lose some?” Shownu mused, the girl chuckled along before leaning her back to his chest. He smiled to himself as his arm s around her waist, his other palm sat on the curve of her hip.

“See? Your worry about them not accepting you is ridiculous.”

“Hmm, we’re not discussing this again.” Shownu murmured before taking another tart for himself, Jungah smiled and simply picked up her tea.

 

 

 

“I want to tell you to lighten up, but I’ve decided not to.”

Jungah tugged the earmuffs down as she set the Glock back on the table, she turned her head.

“How did your doctor’s appointment go?” She asked him, Hyungwon and Jooheon had left early to have their stitches and bruises checked.

“We’re okay. Good.” Hyungwon said reassuringly, the girl nodded back, the tall male’s eyes went to her practice targets, glass bottles of different sizes and at various distances.

“Eight out of twelve, good work, princess.”

Jungah hummed back in reply, she took off her gloves before facing him.

“Yes, I know. But we can’t just announce it to the world. It’s a delicate matter.”

“I know that, but they’re still walking around freely, while the victims suffer.” She said, Hyungwon sat down and nodded.

“Acting rashly will bring us to trouble too, you know that.”

“Sadly, I do.” She made a face at him, Hyungwon laughed and shook his head.

“So, are you going to prepare for lunch, or you want to go there with gun powder residue all over your clothes?”

“I’m going to shower before leaving, young master.” She muttered under her breath, Hyungwon snorted as they walked back towards the house, Jungah’s guards moved with them.

“Minhyuk actually went jogging today.”

“I know.”

“And, Jooheon did well on his therapy. Same for me too.”

“Good for you.” She quipped, Hyungwon grinned.

“Thanks for trying to make me feel better, Baby Chae.” She said as they reached the garage, the girl grabbed a bottle of water.

“Yes, I had to try because your anxiety is not good for any of us. We all know you’ve been having a hard time sleeping.”

“How do we know?”

“Because Shownu hyung is crankier than usual, meaning, he didn’t sleep well too, or he’s worried about you.”

Jungah exhaled and crossed her arms, Hyungwon leaned against Jooheon’s Aventador and looked at her.

“I feel like I’m just sitting here, waiting for something to happen.”

“That’s what we’re doing, princess. They have to taunt us so we can fight back.” Hyungwon replied, Jungah ran her fingers through her hair.

“Can’t we taunt them first?”

“That’s what Minhyuk’s trying to do today.”

“Do I get to help with the taunting?”

Hyungwon sighed, he pushed himself off the car and pulled Jungah towards the house’s door.

“Yes, Jungah. Now, please get ready and leave the house in twenty minutes. The hyungnims are already tensed enough with you shooting all morning.”

 

 

 

Jungah leaned back on her chair as Shownu continued chatting with her grandfather and father, while Mrs. Yoo and Mrs. Son kept on sharing knowing looks across the table.

“Jungah-ya, is the food not to your liking?” Chairman Son spoke to her, the girl blinked and she reached for her spoon.

“I like it, uncle. I was just thinking about work.” She said apologetically, she felt Shownu’s gaze on her, she gave him a quick smile.

“Right, you recently just joined the company. How is that so far?”

“It’s not as…exciting as my Galleria job, I used to walk around a lot and talk to people while I was with the mall. Nowadays, it feels like I meet the same people every day and spend more time on my chair. It’s no fun.” She continued as she sliced her steak, her forehead creased briefly.

“Hand it over.” Shownu softly said, the girl looked up.

“It’s fine, I can~”

Shownu tilted his head at her, she scrunched her nose and pushed her plate towards him, Mrs. Yoo beamed at the two.

“Leave it to my daughter to call her job not fun.” Attorney Chang mused from his seat.

“Appa, at the mall I could walk around and see different stores. We had monthly art installations too.”

Chairman Son chuckled along.

“Then, you could ask your grandfather to have art installations too, right, abeoji?”

The elder looked up, Shownu was smiling as he sliced the girl’s steak.

“Oh, yes, let’s have that, Jungah.”

“I see, everyone says yes to Jungah.” Mrs. Son chimed in with a knowing smile, Jungah grimaced.

“Not really, auntie. I just~”

“Here.” Shownu spoke as he carefully put her plate back, the girl thanked him and picked up her fork.

“Nothing wrong there, dear. It’s good you have the men in your family wrapped around your finger.” The elder chuckled, Kihyun’s mother let out a hearty laugh.

“I’m glad you two finally decided to get together, Hyunwoo. I always wondered who would catch your attention. I should have introduced you two earlier.” Mrs. Yoo chimed in, she winked at her brother-in-law briefly.

“Exactly, what a waste of time. All the nagging I had to put up with, auntie.” Shownu joked back while sending his mother a playful look, Jungah grinned and started eating.

“Who wouldn’t nag? You scare women away, always so dark and serious.” Mrs. Son scoffed at him.

“He scared women away?” Jungah tilted her head, Mr. Son laughed and picked up his wine.

“Oh no, not like that, Jungah. They didn’t know how to act around him, he’s never the talker, you know. Plus, you’ve met my son. He can be…intense, right?”

Shownu sighed and leaned back on his chair, his mother chuckled.

“So, you never set him up for blind dates, auntie?” Jungah grew amused.

“I tried, but he simply didn’t show up.”

“Rude.” Jungah turned to Shownu, the male blinked at her.

“Would you have liked it if I showed up?” He replied, Mr. Yoo hid his smile, attorney Chang turned to his daughter, bemused.

“W—Well, if I were the girl, I would have been offended. I dressed up, probably did my hair, and then you don’t show up?” She shook her head at him, Shownu’s brows furrowed, confused.

“You don’t have to try to understand, just don’t.” Jungah’s father spoke, the girl grinned, meeting her boyfriend’s gaze.

“It’s good those blind dates didn’t work then.” Grandpa Yoo joined, Shownu turned and smiled at the elder.

“Of course, I heard you earned quite an amount of cash, halbae.”

Grandpa Yoo rolled his eyes at Jungah, the girl chuckled and continued eating.

 

 

 

“It’s not that bad, I still have no idea where he’s hiding.” Changkyun said as he stood up and stretched his arms, his secretary had just left the Im household minutes ago. He still needed to sign some documents and check on some plans for the company.

“I already spoke with one of our guys, an unidentified vehicle has caught their attention.”

“Where? Busan?” The Im boy asked as he walked toward the windows, his eyes roamed at his mother’s flower garden.

“Yes, one of young master Lee’s men checked the plates randomly, it..it came out as another vehicle’s.”

Changkyun’s brows rose, but he nodded.

“I’ll call Wonho hyung later, what about the investigation?”

“The chief called earlier, they’re trying to finish this as quickly and quietly as possible.”

“I heard, there’s going to be a lot of damage in control in the office.” He muttered under his breath, the male returned to his seat and proceeded to check on his emails.

“Can I see the plates?” He asked, the male nodded and proceeded to put the photos on his desk, Changkyun looked at the photo of the white sedan, he checked the plates.

“The plate belongs to a SUV in Seoul, but the car was involved in a car accident years ago. The SUV has been scrapped since then.”

“Did they trace it?”

“As of now, they’re trying to check if the car is still in Busan, we have people trying to track it down.”

Changkyun nodded back and leaned his head back on the chair.

“Right, the young miss has sent food earlier.”

Changkyun smiled before speaking.

“Noona did say she’d have some food delivered, maybe I should~” Changkyun paused when his laptop pinged, his guard’s phone also started buzzing.

He sat up and pulled himself towards his desk, his eyes widened in surprise, and he scrambled for his phone.

“Yes, the young master is here. What?” The guard stilled; his eyes went to Changkyun as the youngest member of the clan brought his phone to his ear.

“Hyung, I just saw~ What?” Changkyun started to pace while the caller spoke on the other line.

“I know, but the footage,” He glanced at his laptop again and grimaced.

"Were they taken? Just now?" The guard asked, Changkyun met his gaze and he exhaled.

“Someone has to get to her before anything happens.”

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++