026

What's Your Secret?

 

 

 

“I haven’t spent the night here in a while.” Hyungwon murmured as he walked in the dining hall, everyone was already there, having their meal.

“So, we found Kim Donghee’s business card on one of the men. What should we do?” Changkyun spoke, Kihyun looked over from his cup of coffee.

“That could be two things, an honest mistake, a stupid one, really. Or, this could be them picking a fight with us.” Kihyun finished, Shownu picked up his coffee and set his fork down.

“It makes sense.” Wonho replied as he picked up the newspaper.

“What do we do? Attack him? It seems fun.” Jooheon mused as he leaned back on his seat, Hyungwon shook his head at the male.

“How about we attack his campaign? We all know he’s no saint, he has some dirt. That would be easy for us.” Minhyuk spoke, he glanced at the empty seat beside him, and he frowned.

“I don’t see another plate, has Jungah eaten? Does she even eat?” Hyungwon glanced around the hall, Shownu’s lips pressed into a hard line but he continued eating.

“The young miss went out for a jog. Within the property.” One of the Jungah’s hyungnims spoke, Hyungwon’s brows went up.

“And is she not going to eat?”

“Well, she…said…the young miss says she’d rather not eat with the mafia today.”

Minhyuk looked down to hide his grin while Kihyun shook his head.

“I see we’ve angered her.” Wonho nodded to himself, Shownu leaned back on his seat, his hands resting on the arms of his chair.

“What should we do? Is the business card a mistake or an invitation?” Shownu spoke, Changkyun glanced over at the windows.

“If we do nothing, they may think that we do not care, or that we’re being lenient. That’s not good.” Wonho added as leaned forward, Kihyun nodded with him.

“How about we attack him first?” Jooheon suggested while refilling his cup with more coffee.

“That’s probably what they want to happen, for us to attack first. That might be dangerous, Jooheon-ah,” Minhyuk countered, they heard the front doors open, and all eyes went to dining room’s doorway. But no one walked through.

“Oh, she really does hate us now.” Jooheon mumbled with a frown.

“Oh, we are in deep trouble.” Minhyuk nodded back at him.

“How about we distract him? We should find a way to get to him while keeping him busy.” Changkyun added, Kihyun turned to him.

“That might work. Time to dig some dirt on him then. In the meantime,” Kihyun looked at Minhyuk, the male nodded and took out his phone.

“Jungah will be safe here at home. She won’t like it if we add more guards with her.”

“We don’t have to.” Shownu stated as he started eating again.

“No one can reach her here, not even her boss.” Wonho mused at him, Shownu didn’t reply.

“The men from yesterday, have they been..sent out?” Shownu spoke, the guards nodded in unison.

“Yes, along with the message, sir.”

“What message is this?” Hyungwon finally spoke, he was busy wolfing down his food.

“We’re coming for them.” Son Hyunwoo replied for the guards before standing up from his seat.

 

 

 

“Are you Vincenzo Cassano? A coastal Italian town?” Jungah scoffed as she pressed her phone to her ear, she heard father sigh from the other end.

“Abeoji, I’m being trapped here at home and~”

“By trapped you mean, right now, you’re freely roaming around the property, with the luxury of having bodyguards and cars at your beck and call. Yes, yes, daughter. You are trapped.” Her father stated dryly, she scrunched her nose as she crossed the bridge over the ridiculously huge koi pond.

“Your cousin has informed me of what happened, how could you be so careless?” Her father asked, Jungah rolled her eyes as she passed by the flowerbeds.

“I’m not the problem, appa. It’s them, the people who want to feud with these guys.”

“You are one of those guys, Jungah.”

She rolled her eyes again, she noticed a bunch of hyungnims walking towards her. She frowned at them, and they smiled in return.

“Be careful. How are your injuries? Your face?”

“I’m fine, abeoji. The…bruise has lightened up, don’t worry.”

“I do worry.” Her father mumbled, Jungah’s lips curled up slightly and she bid him goodbye.

“What is it now? Don’t worry, I won’t be scaling the wall anytime soon.” She said as the males reached her, one of the guards grinned. The young miss has been confined in the manor for three days now. And during the duration, young masters had always dropped by to check on her, but she ignored all of them. And she kind of scared them as well, the mafia sons were tiptoeing around the home.

“A delivery arrived. It’s for you, young miss.”

And the gifts. They sent her gifts twice a day, anything to appease her. And it was almost funny to the guards. The Chang girl had received cakes, flowers, chocolates, Wonho got her an electric scooter to use as she roamed around the property. Changkyun built her a gaming and entertainment system in her room too. While Minhyuk sent clothes and some handbags.

“I feel like a sugar baby. What is it now?” She sighed as she walked with them, the two other guards walked behind her.

“Young master Yoo and young master Lee prepared~”

The girl paused as she people unloading some items from a truck, she tilted her head.

“What’s that?”

“The gift.” The guard stated, the girl puffed her cheeks as she saw the items that were being unloaded.

“At this rate we will be opening a cinema here.” She mumbled, her phone started to vibrate, and she looked at the screen. Her guards glanced at each other briefly as she chucked the phone back in her pant pocket.

“And, young master Son has just returned from Jeju. They might be joining you for dinner here tonight.”

Jungah didn’t reply and she just went inside the house.

“They’re still in trouble, huh?” One of the guards whispered, the latter nodded back.

“I haven’t seen them grovel like this.”

“What did the young master Son send?”

“He had some of the cars changed, didn’t the young miss not like the low sports cars? Something about her wearing a skirt and having to crouch down when she gets in.”

 

 

 

“I told you, he’s not the typical guy.”

Wonwoo peeled his gaze away from the files his cousin had brought, Rowoon leaned back into his seat and smiled at him.

“I don’t understand, how is he not in jail?” Wonwoo asked, the two men were having lunch at an exclusive clubhouse just miles away from Seoul.

“He’s a Hyundai son, Wonwoo. Plus, we all have heard of his…not-so nice background. It’s all there.” Rowoon jutted his lips towards the photos on the desk.

“I don’t understand why…the Yoos would let him be around her, she’s the family’s only girl, you know. They treat her like a princess.”

“Well, it’s either they don’t know or, they’re scared of him.” Rowoon replied, Wonwoo exhaled and slowly put the folder away.

“I always felt that there was something wrong about him. He acts as if he owns her, you know.”

“Well, he probably already feels that way. But it doesn’t change the fact that he’s a criminal and you need to protect what’s yours.” Rowoon raised his brows at the male, and then he leaned forward and started eating.

“Don’t worry, he won’t be able to touch you. Once Jungah finds out about this, she probably will remove herself from his grasp.”

Wonwoo swallowed, his eyes going to Shownu’s file again.

“You must take her away from him, cousin. He doesn’t deserve her.”

“Exactly, someone like him will just taint her and her family’s name. Let’s take care of this, then.” Wonwoo smiled at the taller male, Rowoon nodded back and clinked glasses with him.

Yes, distract him. Keep him distracted.

 

 

 

Shownu crossed his leg over the other as he looked at the screen, his forehead creased.

“This guy, the only thing we know about him is that…he’s quite tall.” Minhyuk muttered under his breath as he took his seat. Hyungwon frowned before pouring himself a drink.

They were all gathered at the manor for a meeting, and there was also an empty seat for Jungah at the table.

“Has it ever occurred to you that…it might be his son?” Kihyun spoke, Wonho pursed his lips.

“But why would he send his son to something so dangerous? If we captured him then that would be his end.” Wonho said, Kihyun slowly shook his head.

“I don’t think so, what if he’s using his son so that it wouldn’t trace back to him. Look at it, nobody knows who he is. Not a single photo of him could be found, we can’t even find out his name.”

The room grew quiet, Jooheon exhaled and leaned on the table.

“So, we can’t use his family against him. Fine.” Minhyuk made a face at the screen, it was showing the same grainy image of the hooded male that infiltrated one of their warehouses.

“Attacking his campaign will work. For now.” Changkyun chimed in, the doors slid open and they glanced up.

“I was told I needed to be here, and, I haven an appointment tomorrow night.” She said as she carefully took her seat between Minhyuk and Hyungwon. The males tensed and glanced at each other.

“You’re going out? What~”

“I wasn’t asking for permission. I don’t have to.” She shot back, Kihyun pressed his lips together.

“It’s Kim Donghee’s party.” She casually added, Jooheon’s eyes doubled in size.

“What?” Hyungwon turned to her, he was staring at her as if she grew another head.

“Didn’t you say you want to get to him? I have a way in.” She replied as she leaned over to take a small sip from his glass, she gagged and pushed it away. Wonho grinned at the girl’s direction.

“You need information about him, and what better way than to attend his party? Who knows, my presence might unnerve him or something.” She continued.

“Princess, no.” Minhyuk frowned at her, Changkyun and Kihyun all glanced at Shownu.

“I don’t think it’s a good idea.” Kihyun said.

“Then, how am I going to explain to Wonwoo that I have to cancel on him because I’m being held prisoner here?”

“He invited you to Kim Donghee’s party?” Changkyun halted.

“Yes.” She shrugged at him.

“Hyung, this..” Jooheon looked at Shownu, but the older male was looking at Jungah.

“Let her go. She should be there for Wonwoo. And she’s right, we need to get to Kim Donghee.” Shownu spoke, and the table grew silent.

“Since she’s also a fan of putting herself in danger, she should go.” He said, Jungah met his gaze evenly.

“Well, the wet blanket has spoken. Enjoy your evening.” She said as she left her seat and stepped out of the room.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++