006

What's Your Secret?

 

 

 

“They won’t follow you to work, if that’s what you want to ask.” Kihyun said, Jungah grinned at him as they stepped out of the “palace”.

“I know that. But, oppa, can you drop me off at Garusogil?” She asked as they walked towards the parking lot.

“Why? Are you going out to party?” Minhyuk chimed in as he walked beside her.

“No, I have to meet some of coworkers, we have this art exhibit for the mall in a few days. We have to finish the planning report.”

“At this hour?” Minhyuk frowned at her, Jungah smiled at him.

“Yes, my boss will kill me if we don’t finish it by tomorrow.”

Wonho and Jooheon paused and turned to them, Jungah blinked at the two males.

“They’re making you work overtime and yet, it’s not even paid? Where does she work again?” Wonho asked.

“How about we kill him?” Minhyuk jokingly said, Shownu sent him a look.

“But it’s already late, Jungah.” Kihyun said as they reached the parking lot, Changkyun gave her a small wave before getting inside his purple Lamborghini.

“It’s like literally ten minute ride from my place, oppa. I can even walk.” She chuckled, all six heads turned to her.

“Walk?” Hyungwon said, he looked amused as he turned his gaze to Jooheon.

“I will take a cab, don’t worry. Can you drop me off?” She quickly turned to her cousin, Kihyun sighed and nodded at her.

“Kihyun-ah, aren’t you needed at M7? We have to meet manager Jang.” Hyungwon said, Jungah turned to her cousin.

“Right, Jungah~”

“I’ll drop her off!” Jooheon volunteered with a grin, Jungah smiled and walked over to the male.

“I don’t think we should leave those two alone and unsupervised.” Minhyuk murmured as the two walked towards Jooheon’s car with their arms hooked together.

“I agree.” Hyungwon murmured, Wonho laughed and the two walked towards their cars.

“Hyung,”

Shownu turned to Kihyun, he nodded for him to speak.

“We got something about the incident last week.”

“I saw the report, Changkyun can’t trace the phone’s signal. But,”

“I double checked it, they might do something next week. Should we send some people?”

“We must secure Incheon. I’ll call the port authority myself. Minhyuk, if you have time tomorrow,”

“I’ll make some calls, I was planning to go there too.”

 

 

 

Jungah stepped out of the house and noticed the black Chevrolet SUV parked across the street, she smiled and gave it a wave. The car’s lights flashed a couple of times, she chuckled and made her way towards the bus stop. It took her a few minutes to get to the mall, she quickle made her way towards the offices.

“Today’s going to hectic, huh?” Haerin said as she turned her chair to Jungah’s cubicle.

“Don’t start, why couldn’t the artist just do it at a proper gallery? Why at a mall?” Jungah murmured while fixing her hair as she waited for computer to boot up.

“Actually, it’s quite easier to sell pieces at a mall, than a gallery.” Joon commented as he passed by the two girls.

“Really?”

“There are more people here, and not all clients have the time to drive up to a gallery. We have everything here.”

Jungah made a face at him and turned to her computer. She was already checking her emails when Haerin nudged her again, the girl followed her gaze.

“What?”

“Hey, one of your secret admirers sent flowers again, how could you not notice?” Haerin said with a roll of her eyes, Jungah stood up and walked towards the basket of roses and peonies, it was sitting on the coffee table, tastefully situated between the newspapers and magazines.

“One of her admirers?” Joon echoed, Haerin chuckled and nodded.

“There’s another one, the guy who came by a couple of days ago. He gave her jewelry.” Haerin said, Joon blinked at her then chuckled.

“Sunbae is quite popular.” He commented, Jungah leaned down to take the note from the flowers.

Please make time for me this week.

How about dinner? -W

“Who is it?” Haerin hummed, Jungah shook her head and chucked the note in her skirt’s pocket.

“Oh, secretive.” She teasingly said, Joon was about to chime in when their manager came by.

“The exhibit has begun, but I was called to check the Bukcheon delivery, do you mind speaking with the artist for a bit?”

Jungah nodded, she made her way to the mall’s atrium, she noticed the amount of mallgoers already gathering around the area. She was about to approach the artist, when another one of her seniors, manager Gu from Finance called her over.

“Jungah, good, someone from admin is finally here. I’d like you to meet vice chairman Chae of Hana Banking, his family is one of Galleria’s owners.”

Jungah turned her gaze, and her eyes narrowed ever so slightly. Hyungwon tilted his head at her, his brows going up.

“Nice to meet you, vice chairman Chae.”

Manager Gu excused himself and walked away from them, Jungah looked at Hyungwon.

“I’m here on official business, don’t look at me like that.” Hyungwon said as he motioned for her to walk with him.

“I have a feeling I will see you guys every two days or so. Or is it already like that?” She mumbled to herself.

“Attorney Chang sent a text this morning, he’s at some coastal town in Italy. He sends his regards.”

“Cool. At least he updates you, and not me, his daughter.”

Hyungwon grinned, he could sense how the girl was still a little peeved at her father.

“You may not know it, but having people find out about your connection to us might be dangerous for you. That’s why we always meet you in private places, or, something like this, an event.”

“This mall isn’t yours. Well, not totally yours.”

“Yes, but, you’re an employee here. People won’t care if I talk to you,”

“I really don’t understand what the fuss is all about. No one knows who I am.” She said as they walked around the exhibit, she eyed one of the paintings for a brief second.

“Exactly, we’d like to keep you at that unknown spot. Less trouble for us.”

“I am trouble? Me? You guys were the one who planted those hyungs at my house.” She shot back at him, Hyungwon chuckled.

“Because you refuse to let us fix your house.”

“There’s nothing wrong with my house.”

“The locks are probably older than you.”

“They are not!” She hissed at him, Hyungwon grinned and shook his head. Jungah saw two men in dark suits standing a few meters away from them. She eyed Hyungwon warily.

“Aren’t you leaving? You should go.”

“I’m a customer.” He said to her, the girl scoffed at him, not noticing how her coworkers were staring at the two of them from the third floor. Haerin was smiling as she watched them.

“She’s getting a lot of suitors lately, how cute.” Joon mused at the girl.

“Exactly, this guy looks like he stepped out of a comic book.”

“Anyway, I have to get back inside. Will you be okay if I leave you here, young master?”

“I’ll live. Ah, right, Jungah-ya,” Hyungwon reached for her the sleeve of her cardigan before she could move away from him.

“You should get a new car.”

“No. I don’t need a new one.” Jungah said to him, Hyungwon let go of her and nodded.

“The one you’re driving is slow.”

“But I like it.”

“But it’s slow.”

“I don’t need~”

“I’ll ask Wonho hyung to get you one. Now go and leave me alone, you’re so noisy.” Hyungwon shooed her away, Jungah groaned and walked away from him.

 

 

 

Minhyuk huffed as he reached the elevator, the doors slid open and he saw a stressed out Jooheon already inside.

“What’s going on? I got the text while I was in meeting.” He asked, the doors closed, Jooheon shook his head.

“I’ve been trying to call the guys. It won’t push through.”

The two reached the basement, they heard the loud purr of Wonho’s MacLaren already careening away from them.

“It’s one of our places at Hongdae, they’re getting bold.” Jooheon muttered, Minhyuk got inside his car and started the engine. His phone started to ring as he followed Jooheon out of the basement, he answered, seeing Kihyun’s name flash on the screen.

“I just got here, you need to rush.”

“What do you mean?”

“They’ve locked us out of the building.”

Minhyuk paused, his forehead creased. He could hear the flurry of voices from the other end, and Kihyun seem tensed.

“It’s that bad?”

“Yes. Shownu hyung is still at this press conference, he can’t just leave.”

“Do we call the police?” Minhyuk asked as he stepped on the pedal, he could almost see Kihyun roll his eyes.

“Why? Will they be of help?”

“Nope. I’ll see you there.” The call ended, Minhyuk saw Changkyun’s purple Lamborghini race against Jooheon’s yellow one ahead of him.

“This doesn’t feel right.” Minhyuk murmured to himself as he checked his GPS again.

“What are they trying to do?”

 

 

 

Jungah walked in the barbeque place and looked around, she paused as she saw her workmates on one of the long tables.

“Today, we are all drinking to our winning streak!” Their department head spoke as he raised his glass, Jungah quickly sat down and Haerin pushed a glass towards her.

“Cheers!”

Jungah eyed the glass warily before taking a small sip and she quickly put it down.

“Well, I couldn’t have done this without each and every one of you, and also to our beloved manager Chang!” Their senior, department manager Shin smiled at her.

“No, I had help from the o~”

“Who, by the way, looks very nice in a skirt,” The male continued, Haerin paused, as well as their other three female workmates.

Jungah didn’t react and just picked up her chopsticks.

“Jungah, you, you should wear skirts more often. It..makes the office a lot more interesting, I think that’s the word. You have great legs, Jungah.”

“S—Sunbae, let’s just order meat!” Joon blurted, not wanting the mood to go down and also, the older male was being an .

“Should we just put chili powder in his beer?” Haerin muttered at her friend, Jungah grinned at her.

“Shall we?”

They team continued eating, although, it was only their boss that carried on drinking, he would occasionally force the other ladies to take shots with him too.

Jungah eyed the male warily, she wasn’t even uncomfortable. She was annoyed, more like, pissed. She quietly excused herself and made her way out of the place, she reached the doors and stepped out.

Jungah let out a sigh and looked around her, there were quite a number of people still walking around. It was already almost nine in the evening, and she wanted to go home badly. She was about to take her phone out when she heard a car careening into the street, the driver slammed the brakes a little too harshly and quickly parked across her. She paused, the black Audi R8 seemed familiar. Jungah tilted her head, and then she noticed the blue MacLaren and yellow Aventador.

“Oh.” She blurted out, and then the R8’s door opened, Shownu appeared, he was dressed in an all-black suit and he was in the process of putting a pair of leather gloves as he slid down from the car.

“One dot.” She mumbled to herself, and then as if feeling her gaze, the older male paused. His brows went up as soon as he saw her.

Jungah started to smile but then she felt a hand on her elbow.

“Noona? Jungah noona?”

She turned her head, distracted and the male had an expectant smile as he looked at her.

“It is you, noona. Did you like the flowers?”

“Jeon Wonwoo!” She chuckled before giving the male a hug.

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++