037

What's Your Secret?

 

 

 

Jungah leaned back against the seat and rolled her eyes, her father was on the phone, questioning her decisions, again.

“You should have called them before leaving. No, you shouldn’t have left without~”

“Appa, what’s done is done. There’s nothing I can do about it.” She muttered as the car sped up slightly, her hyungnim glanced at her, she grimaced.

“Well, if only you listened~”

“Appa, I outran them, okay? I managed to get some of them too, shouldn’t you be proud of me?”

Her guards sent her a long look, she batted her eyes at them. From the other end, her father let out another sigh.

“Just…be careful, okay? I don’t..I don’t think I should fly back yet. I don’t want to put everyone in danger.” He mumbled, Jungah frowned, she could sense how her father felt bad over the things that happened. He did mention that he should have taken her with him.

“Don’t worry, appa. I’ll be fine. I have like…seven stalkers.” She murmured, the elder let out a snort before ending the call. Jungah glanced around them as the car eased to a stop at a high-rise office complex. She slid down from the vehicle and looked around, she noticed the line of ambulances across the street. She was about to count them when she felt someone nudge her shoulder.

“Thanks for picking me up.” Hyungwon greeted her with a cheerful grin, her brows rose. He was too cheerful.

“Of course, do you have a place here?” She turned towards the complex, then she noticed the vaguely familiar bag slung over her friend’s shoulder. The black bag was a little too long to be your average backpack. Her eyes narrowed at him as Hyungwon walked to the Rover’s trunk and put his bags in, the guards quietly watched the two.

“Baby Chae, is that a sniper~”

“Oh, hyung’s here.” Hyungwon spoke, she followed his gaze and saw One Dot crossing the street, followed by a couple of his men. Jungah blinked in confusion as police cars arrived across the street, and then she saw men loaded on gurneys being rolled out of the building. And then he saw a familiar male being helped by the doors, her eyes widened.

“Did you two~”

“Jungah.” Shownu reached them, the girl’s eyes went to his hands as he removed his leather gloves.

“What an appointment it must have been.” She murmured as Shownu’s secretary arrived with his Urus.

“Anyway, no need to invite me to lunch. You don’t have to be polite. I have to get going.” Hyungwon chirped as he patted Jungah’s shoulder.

“Did you just…go ape Call of Duty sniper thing minutes ago?” Jungah muttered as she padded after him towards the Rover.

“I’ll teach you how to use that sniper thing if you teach me how to go all ape Tokyo Drift driving too, princess.” Hyungwon mused as he got inside the passenger seat, the girl rolled her eyes at him. Shownu dismissed the men and watched Jungah give Hyungwon the finger as the Range Rover sped off.

“Do I want to know how Rowoon is doing?” She asked as they walked to his car, Shownu smiled and handed the key to her.

“I can walk you through it as you drive.” He mused at her, Jungah grumbled under her breath.

“I show them what I can do once, and now I’ve become everyone’s chauffeur, great.”

 

 

 

Wonwoo rushed into the doors, he saw his father and uncle standing outside the operating room. His brows rose as he reached the elders.

“Abeoji, uncle, I got the call, what happened?”

“What happened? It’s that girl!” His uncle snapped, Wonwoo halted, confused. His father sent the other male a look before facing his son.

“Your cousin was…attacked today.”

“Yes? Wasn’t he at work? Who would do that?” Wonwoo said, his father slowly shook his head, his uncle wandered off, he was joined by a group of men in dark clothing.

“Yes, he was at work. But, apparently, Jungah’s friends got mad with him.”

“What?”

“This is what Rowoon said before he was sent in the operating room, son. Apparently, Jungah asked Rowoon out. They were to meet for coffee or dinner, I’m not so sure. But, I guess, that didn’t sit well with her new friends. Or friend.”

Wonwoo’s eyes widened, and he ran his fingers through his hair. Jungah and Rowoon? He had no idea about that, and something about it didn’t seem to sit right.

But for Kihyun’s friends to do this to Rowoon, just because of Jungah taking an interest in his cousin.

“What happened, abeoji? What did they do to him?”

“Half of the building’s security are currently admitted for injuries, most of them were shot. But, they all live.”

“Shot?”

“They have a sniper.” His father shuddered, Wonwoo grimaced and exhaled.

“And, Rowoon?”

“He…got it worse, bruised ribs, he broke his wrist and a gunshot wound on his left shoulder. And, he may need therapy for both his legs.”

“He was in a car accident just recently, appa. What~”

“The Son boy, it was him. One of Rowoon’s bones was completely shattered, that’s how…wild he went.”

Wonwoo slowly slid down to one of the plastic benches and he leaned back.

“Then, noona’s in danger? She can’t be around someone like him. Like them.” He muttered under his breath, he glanced at his uncle, the elder was shouting now, unable to control his emotions.

“Exactly, and, things with the campaign aren’t really doing so well right now. I’ll stay here with him tonight, you should head back. And, make sure to attend that gala.” His father reminded him, Wonwoo slowly nodded back, he stood up and met his gaze.

“Abeoji,”

“Hmm?”

“Things are okay, right? With uncle and Rowoon? I just…realized that the past few days, the attacks on his campaign and now~”

“It’s just the usual gossip, son. My brother would never do that, they run a clean business.”

 

 

 

“Baby Chae should have joined us.” Jungah murmured as they reached their table, Shownu grinned and pulled the chair for her.

“Hyungwon has work to do. I’ve already delayed him enough.” Shownu said as the girl sat down.

“How are you feeling?” He asked, his eyes trailing towards the purple mark on her collarbone, Jungah was wearing a loose sleeveless satin blouse and a pair of wide leg jeans.

“I was advised not to wear heels yet. I don’t know how to feel about that.” She replied as menus were set on the table.

“You’re still going tonight?” Shownu asked as he skimmed on the food choices, she pursed her lips.

“Oppa, you order for us. And, yes. I don’t think I’ll survive Mrs. Yoo’s nagging if I don’t come later.” She murmured, Shownu smiled before calling for the hostess.

She was about to speak when her phone started ringing, Shownu followed her gaze and his shoulders tensed.

“You will never be worthy of her. You won’t have her.”

Jungah was still staring at her phone, Shownu pressed his lips together and looked away. The ringing halted, and after a few seconds it began again. He turned to her, the girl was now frowning at her phone.

Wonwoo

“Y—You’re not getting that?” Shownu managed to speak, her eyes met his and she slowly shook her head.

“I don’t think I should.” She leaned against the table, as soon the ringing stopped, Jungah put her phone on silent. At Shownu’s raised brows, the girl sighed at him.

“I’m sure Wonho oppa’s already broadcasted what he overheard; you lot aren’t the biggest Wonwoo fans.” She carefully said, Shownu leaned back on his chair, his left hand on the table, the other one on his lap.

“He..may have mentioned it.”

The girl grimaced and tucked her hair behind her ear, Shownu grew curious, but he didn’t want to pry. And if he was going to be honest with himself, he was scared to ask. Maybe it did terrify him a bit, because there was a small part of him that knew. That knew he would never be worthy of her; he was bad for Jungah.

This girl would never choose him.

“I just wish he didn’t mention..or…expressed himself, I know it sounds bad. But things were easier before…I knew.” Jungah continued as she fiddled with the rings on her fingers.

“Jungah, you can say the words. He told you that he likes you.” As soon as those words left his lips, he saw how Jooheon’s princess grimaced.

“And, avoiding him is~”

“I know, very immature of me. But I don’t know how to do it, One Dot.” She intervened.

“I was going to say cute, but…we’re probably not on the same wavelength.” He trailed off, confused.

“Ask him not to…not to be like that.” She mumbled as their food arrived, Shownu’s brows went up.

“I just~ He ordered a T-bone steak, this isn’t.” She looked at the waiter, Shownu paused and shook his head.

“Jungah, it’s fine, I~”

“He didn’t order this. Can you ask the kitchen if they can change it?” Jungah continued, the waiter nodded politely. He apologized before leaving, taking the plate with him.

Shownu watched as Jungah glanced at her phone again, Wonwoo was still calling. He noticed how her forehead crumpled, as if trying to come up what to say.

“Hey, we don’t have to talk about it. And, you can take that call if you want. I don’t mind.” Shownu spoke, her eyes went to him and she exhaled.

“I…I don’t know how to tell him that I…that’s why I’ve been avoiding him. I don’t know how to deal with these types of things. And, it’s…” Jungah grumbled as she picked up her fork and stared at her penne pasta.

“Jungah,” Shownu spoke, the girl made a face before looking up from her plate.

“You aren’t interested?” He asked her, the girl chewed on the insides of her cheek before nodding in reply.

“Now that he’s said things like that, I don’t know how to act around him. He’s…like a brother to me, oppa.” She murmured as she pushed the plate towards him, offering him some of her food.

“Y—You don’t like him that way?” Shownu said, he shouldn’t be smiling, but he was. But Jungah didn’t seem to notice.

“I did just say I’m hiding to avoid him, right? I don’t want to hurt him, but I don’t know what to do with him too.” She said as she shoved another piece of pasta in .

“It’s not funny.” She hissed at him, noticing the smile on his face.

“Does he know you refer to his friend as Handsome Rowoon? It might…send the right message.” Shownu chimed in as he helped himself with the pasta.

“Son Hyunwoo.” The girl groaned, but Shownu was already laughing.

“You’re never going to let that go, huh?” She asked his steak arrived, Shownu chuckled and started slicing the piece of meat.

“Look where that got him.” She mumbled as Shownu transferred some pieces of steak on her plate.

“Not so handsome, now.” Shownu hummed in agreement, Jungah grimaced and sent him a look. But she smiled to herself as she continued eating, playful One Dot was adorable.

 

 

 

“Jungah’s still upstairs, I already texted her.” Jooheon announced as he walked in the room, Wonho nodded in reply as he took his seat. Everyone was at the manor for a meeting. The charity gala was only in a couple of hours, but Changkyun had a proposal.

“She’s going to be at the event, are we sure that she’ll be okay?” Minhyuk said as Shownu and Hyungwon walked in the room, Kihyun followed shortly.

“She will be. We have eyes there. And we have him there.” Wonho jutted his lips at Shownu, who was busy looking at Changkyun’s laptop. Jooheon grinned and Kihyun shook his head at the male.

“Come on, we know what he did today.” Minhyuk said as Jungah stepped in, Shownu looked up from the screen, sensing her arrival. His friends didn’t want to point it out, but he was ridiculously attuned to the girl already.

“He evened it out.” Wonho said as Hyungwon joined them on the table, Jungah gave the two high fives as she passed by them.

“What are we looking at?” She asked as she reached the two males, Changkyun smiled and made room for her.

“Kim Donghee’s son was already injured from the car accident, right? His right ankle or something. We saw the reports.” Wonho continued, the room lights dimmed, and the TV screen .

“Where do I~” Shownu led Jungah to the center of the table, and brows rose, Jooheon and Hyungwon grinned at each other. Joohoen’s princess was seated on their leader’s chair.

“So, he evened it out by crushing his left thighbone.” Minhyuk nodded along, Kihyun grimaced and shook his head just as Shownu perched on the arm of his chair. Jungah leaned against the desk and watched as a building’s blueprint appeared on the screen.

“Oh, you guys are sabotaging the party later. Nice.”

“We are sabotaging the party later.” Shownu said to her, the girl blinked at him.

“You want me to drive into the party?” She blurted out, Minhyuk chuckled and shook his head at her.

“Actually, the hotel where the party is being held…Kim Donghee’s offices is renting one of the spaces they have on lease. And, I’m not sure yet but it seems that the building is owned by the Jeons. Your Jeons, noona.” Changkyun said, Jungah grimaced at his last words but she nodded.

“And, there might be a good chance we’ll get something there.”

“You mean his computer? Or a laptop?” Jungah mumbled, the images on the screen changed and the girl puffed her cheeks.

“We are all aware of Jeon Banking Group being one of Kim Donghee’s sponsors for his campaign, that’s why his office is there. They’re letting him lease it during the campaign.” Kihyun explained, Jungah leaned back on the seat, the side of her head pressed against Shownu’s arm.

“They’re not my Jeons.” She whispered to him, Shownu leaned down and smiled.

“I know, you can tell Changkyun later.” He murmured back.

“Anyway, we’re just giving you a heads up, noona. I can have a chopper waiting at a neighboring building just in case it gets..messy.” Changkyun continued.

“I’ve already sent some of our men in advance to check the area, and we have rooms in the hotel as well. Under a person named Baby Chae.” Jooheon continued, Hyungwon sent him a dry look but Jungah chuckled.

“Maybe wearing the jewelry would help.” Kihyun looked at his cousin, the girl nodded back.

“It’s nothing really major, but we really need to get his computer.” Changkyun said as he drummed his fingers on the table.

“Princess, you ride with One Dot, but you are to step into the party with Kihyun, right?” Minhyuk asked, Jungah nodded back.

“Can you meet us in the lobby after the signal? One of the guards will approach you once we’ve secured what we need, noona.”

“Who’s going to the office?” She asked.

“Minhyuk hyung and Jooheon hyung will be joining me.” The youngest replied.

“Kihyun hyung will be acting as look out, Wonho hyung is assigned to keep his eyes on Kim Donghee and friends the whole night. You’re left with Shownu hyung and Baby Chae at the party.” Changkyun explained.

“Sounds good, I have two chaperones. Well, I go home if you guys go home.” She mused as she slowly stood up, Kihyun grew amused.

“Or, you can stay, we’ll leave guards with you. I’m sure Wonwoo would~” Hyungwon said with a teasing grin.

“Oh my god, drop it.” She shuddered, she threw a pen at the male and stepped away from the table.

“I’m going to get dressed and fix myself for the party. Please do not disturb me.” She mumbled as she left the room, Shownu sat down on his seat and he paused, noticing that all the guys were staring at him.

“What?” He blurted out.

“Well, now you know how she feels about the Jeon boy. How about you let her know how you feel, One Dot?” Minhyuk winked at him.

“Don’t…Don’t call me that.” Shownu sent him a look before leaving his seat to get himself some coffee.

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++