046

What's Your Secret?

 

 

 

Shownu put the pen down and gently set the papers aside, he had to go through several documents the rest of his morning and it was starting to give him a headache.

“About the party tonight, sir.”

He looked up and nodded at the male, the two guards quietly sat down across him.

“We spoke with the young miss’s detail; she’ll be going there with young master Yoo. We’ve already coordinated with them.”

“Alright. Jungah went to the hospital?”

“Yes, sir.”

Shownu was about to go back to his work, but the one of the men started speaking again.

“About the threats, the young miss mentioned that there’s a chance that Kim Donghee may suddenly appear at the party. As well as his nephew.”

“We’ve spoken about it, just have a few of our men inside the event, Jungah will have Wonho and I inside, so, she’ll be fine.”

“Yes, I understand, sir,”

The two males stood up and quietly left the room, Shownu exhaled and checked his phone, his brows rose, seeing Jungah’s text.

He smiled as he started to type in a reply.

I’m at the hospital now. You think I can accidentally “injure” myself here and have an excuse not to go to the party?

Shownu smiled and shook his head, he tapped on the green icon next to her name before putting the phone closer to here.

“What are you getting at, young miss?”

“You see, it makes me feel like some…sort of commodity being shown off.” She murmured, Shownu could hear the noise from her side.

“I’m getting them something to eat before I head up.” She explained to him.

“Your grandfather’s just excited to have you with them, princess.”

“Can’t he just express that in a…less public manner?”

Shownu let out small laugh.

“I’ll see you there later?” He asked again, he heard the doors open and his brows went up as he saw his mother being accompanied by his secretary.

“Yes, see you.” Jungah murmured before ending the call, Shownu put his phone down and turned to mother.

“Eomma, wh~”

“You and I have to talk, son.”

 

 

 

“I can’t believe you let him get to your head.” Hyungwon said as he picked up his tea, Jungah was seated on the magenta-colored couch across the two beds in the hospital suite.

“He’s right, there’s no way we’d let him hurt you.” Minhyuk added in, he was still admitted but now has the freedom to roam around the building, well, it was probably because his family owned about twenty percent of the said hospital.

“Correct.” Jooheon chimed in, glancing at her briefly, he was watching a live show on TV.

“I believe I mentioned that he cornered me, why are you not focusing on that?” Jungah pointed to herself, Hyungwon chortled.

“And did you cower? No, right?” He replied, Jungah made a face at him and picked up another rice cake.

“Well, no. He’s~”

“Hey may use us against you, or other way around, but you forget that you have Son Hyunwoo’s protection.” Jooheon continued for Hyungwon, the girl shook her head at them.

“It’s true, he~”

“Don’t.” She shushed before they could start teasing again, Minhyuk grinned to himself and leaned back on his seat.

“Are you here to really spend time with us or are you trying to hide from that party your family is throwing for you which is about to start in two hours?” Minhyuk began, the girl groaned and leaned back on the couch.

“I don’t even get the point why they have to throw a party.”

“Why not? It’s to celebrate you joining the company.” Jooheon added as he picked up a breadstick. Jungah shuddered and crossed her legs.

“It still bothers me that we haven’t got anything from his files. Just..stolen money.” She muttered under her breath, staring at her cup of coffee.

“Changkyun said you asked him to look into Wonwoo again. Why?” Minhyuk spoke, Jungah put her phone down.

“I did.”

“He’s your friend.” Hyungwon said to her.

“I know, but…like I said..something’s not adding up.” She replied, the three glanced at each other briefly.

“Anyway, I have to get going. It I don’t have all my stalkers at the party.” She mumbled as she put on her coat, she looked at her guard and asked for him to prepare the car.

“The one who matters most will be there.” Hyungwon mused, Jungah eyed her warily.

“Wonwoo. I’m assuming he’s invited, he’s a family~”

“Oh my god, I hate you. Don’t get well soon.” She hissed at him as she got her purse, Jooheon and Minhyuk laughed.

“Remember to bring knives later, Jungah. Just to be sure.” Minhyuk called out before she left, she blew him a kiss as she stepped out of the room.

“Wonwoo’s on her bad side. I can sense it.” Hyungwon stated, Jooheon tilted his head.

“She’s suspecting something. Good for her.” Minhyuk said, Jooheon started to smile.

“Finally, we don’t have to be nice to him anymore. Blech.”

 

 

 

“Yes?” Shownu spoke as Mrs. Son put her purse down and turned to face him.

“Do you actually think that word will not reach my ear? People have been talking for days now.” She said to him, the male tilted his head, unsure of what his mother was talking about.

Do his parents know about him and Jungah? Jungah never really discussed this with him, he wasn’t even sure if she told her family already.

“What~”

“The necklace!”

Shownu’s fingers hovered over his laptop, and he gently shut it close.

“Yes?”

“The necklace Jungah was wearing a couple of weeks ago, you think no one would notice?” She asked him, Shownu pressed his lips together.

“Ah, yes. I asked her if she wanted to~”

“What will she think then? That you’re the type to buy jewelry and give it around?” Mrs. Son scolded him, Shownu flinched.

“I don’t give jewelry around~”

“And! Does she even know the meaning behind that necklace? Did you even tell her why you gave it to her?”

Son Hyunwoo could only blink back at the elder.

“I asked if she wanted to wear it…and she said it was fine, that’s how she ended up wearing it.” He carefully said, his mother let out a sigh.

“So?”

“So?” Shownu repeated, still confused.

“What’s going on now? Don’t tell me things are fine, I know that Jeon Banking son is still chasing after her.”

“Eomma, perhaps…have you been meeting Kihyun’s mother in secret to talk about us?”

“S—So what? W—What is it to you?”

He grinned at his mother; the latter rolled her eyes in response.

“I just think you and Jungah suit each other, and…it’s time you start settling down. You scare most women most times, it’s amazing this one girl can put up with you. So, hold on to her.”

“Does Jungah know about you and auntie~”

“Like I said, son.” She intervened, Shownu started laughing.

“I like her. I know she’s good for you, she’s probably way too good for you. But, you get the gist.”

“Yes, I do.” Shownu mused before grabbing his coat and offering his arm to the lady.

“Your father likes her too. I’m just going to add that as well.”

“Well, I like her too. Now, let me drive you home, eomma. I’m sure you’d like to prepare for the party earlier.”

“You like her too? Now, good, that’s settled. Does she like you back?”

“I’m not sure, you might have to ask her that yourself, eomma.” He replied in a teasing manner.

“Son Hyunwoo!”

 

 

 

“Actually, I was in Monaco to attend a race just last week, I would have invited you if we were introduced sooner.” The male said as she met Jungah’s gaze again, on one hand she had a glass of champagne, the other remained at her side, fingers fidgeting.

“Really? What a waste.” She supplied, about two hours ago, her grandfather had dragged her around the hall to introduce her to friends and business partners. She was just about to rest for a bit when a group of young men walked up to her and started chatting.

“We really didn’t know Kihyun had a younger cousin.” His friend chimed in as he clinked his glass with hers.

“Well, I decided to work for someone else.” Jungah continued, her eyes darting around the room, she spotted two of her guards by the door and she frowned at them, the men smiled at her in return.

“Oh, so, you’ve been taking rest years? Nice.”

“Yes? No, I was working at Galleria, they’re department store.” She said, at her reply, the two impeccably dressed males paused, confused.

“You worked there? Right at the mall?”

“Yes. I was~”

“SK Holdings allowed that? You’re basically a princess.” The latter mused, Jungah’s brows furrowed, not liking his tone.

“Jungah,” A familiar voice spoke, and her shoulders relaxed, the two males turned to the male and they took small steps back.

“Would you like to rest a bit?” Shownu asked as he reached them, the girl broke into a smile and nodded.

“And I’d like to eat. Not a bit.” Jungah replied, her eyes went to the two males as they greeted Shownu politely, then they walked away.

“I was invited to a yacht party this weekend. Twice.” Jungah mused as she looped her arm around his, the male smiled and nodded.

“Really? Wonho and I could see you radiate with excitement from across the room, he was starting to worry about the knives you’ve hidden under your skirt.”

Jungah narrowed her eyes at him, but the male smiled back.

“They were being snobs.” She grumbled under her breath as they crossed the hall, Wonho was already seated with Kihyun at their table.

“Society boys.” She shuddered, Shownu raised his brows at her.

“I mean, not all…You guys are different, I take that back. Sorry.” She brushed the skirt of her dress down, trying to tame the tulle.

“Hmmm.” Shownu hummed back, lacing his fingers with hers. Jungah glanced at the doors, she spotted her grandfather chatting with Minhyuk’s parents and the Sons.

“Wonwoo’s here. Just so you know.” Shownu’s voice distracted her and she nodded at him.

“I can’t exactly take back an invitation.”

“I see he really did get into your nerves.” Shownu smiled as he pulled the chair for her, Wonho smiled as she sat down.

“Well, I can’t say I feel bad for him.” He said lightly, Jungah turned to him, stunned. But Shownu simply grinned before leaning down to kiss her cheek.

He knew people were watching them, especially her.

And he needed some of these people to back off.

“Y—You,”

“You cheeky bastard.” Wonho shook his head to himself with a grin, Jungah’s cheeks reddened.

“I’ll go get you something to eat.” One Dot mused before leaving the table and making his way towards one of the servers.

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++