015

What's Your Secret?

 

 

 

“Young miss!”

She paused as she saw the guards who were assigned to her. They were rushing towards them, Shownu opened the car’s door.

“I never got to try those red velvet cupcakes inside.” She said under her breath while combing through the tips of her damp hair.

“Make sure she gets home safe. And,” Shownu put his hand over hers just as she was about to take his jacket off.

“Keep it.” He said to her, Jungah pursed her lips.

“But~”

“It was this person, sir. Jin Heejun.” One of her guards spoke, Jungah peeked over Shownu’s shoulder.

“Hey, you said you wouldn’t tell!” She protested, her guards could only look away as One Dot looked at the printed photo in his hands.

“I promised to buy beef!”

“He hurt you?” He looked at her, Jungah took a step back, her back hitting the car door in the process. Shownu closed the door behind her.

“W—Well, not me. Haerin.” She fibbed while sending her guards a look, Shownu glanced behind him and saw Hyungwon and Wonho approaching them.

“Always a fun night when Jooheon’s princess is around.” Hyungwon commented at her.

“Baby Chae.” She winked at him, the male snorted in reply.

“We heard you got hurt, who was that guy? How dare he push you?” Wonho said in a rush as his eyes scanned her from head to toe.

“Push?” Shownu repeated, Jungah sighed at them.

“Yes, sir. This person was harassing young miss’s friend, Haerin. The young miss stepped in and he pushed her.” One guard explained before stepping away from them.

“Are you hurt?” Hyungwon looked at her, Jungah shook her head at him.

“Sleeves up.” Wonho said to her, Shownu was staring at the girl.

“Jungah, sleeves.”

“But, oppa, it’s not that big of a deal, it’s just~”

Wonho gave her a small dry smile as he carefully rolled the sleeves of Shownu’s jacket up to her elbows. Shownu paused, seeing the dark purple spot across the back of her arm, there were cuts on her palms too.

“Where does he live?” Wonho demanded as he looked at their men, Jungah hid her arm behind her back.

“What happened? Why did he touch you?” Shownu asked her, the girl was about to reply when she saw Wonwoo jogging towards them.

“He’s here.” Hyungwon mused under his breath, Wonwoo stopped, seeing the three men surrounding the girl.

“Noona, are you okay?” He brushed past Shownu and faced her.

“Yes, I got into a…small accident. But don’t worry, I’m fine. Just…sticky.” She said to him, Wonwoo nodded back, his eyes went to the coat she was wearing. He turned his head and glanced at Shownu, the male was in the process of folding his sleeves up to his elbows while talking to his other friend.

“Noona, let me take you home.” Wonwoo spoke, Wonwoo and Hyungwon turned to him.

“Ah, you see,”

“Surely, Kihyun hyung’s friends will allow that, right?” He said, he turned and realized that Shownu was staring right back at him.

Wonho met Hyungwon’s gaze, their men tensed as they observed the exchange.

“Well?” Wonwoo tilted his head at the older male, Shownu remained emotionless.

“Is he challenging him or something?” Wonho whispered, the corners of Hyungwon’s lips curled up into a smirk.

“That would be interesting.”

“Jungah, will you be okay with that?” One Dot finally spoke, Jungah nodded back at him

“It’s for her to decide on, not her cousin’s friends.” Shownu eyes went to Wonwoo briefly as he buried his hands in his pant pockets.

Wonwoo didn’t reply.

“Be safe.” Shownu said to the girl before turning back towards the doors, Wonho gave her a small wave before he and Hyungwon walked after Shownu.

“Noona, I’ll go ask for my car~”

“Give me a minute.” Jungah patted his hand, she jogged after the three males. Wonwoo watched as the girl approach Shownu. The male paused, he faced her and looked at her questioningly. And without hesitation, Jungah stood on her toes and leaned in to whisper to him.

Shownu slowly nodded back as she continued speaking.

Wonwoo’s forehead creased and he looked away.

“Okay, I’ll see what I can do. Go.” Shownu said to her, Jungah pulled away from him.

“Good night, One Dot and Two Dots. And, Baby Chae.”

 

 

 

Jungah leaned back on the seat as Wonwoo stepped on the pedal, she glanced at him, he was being quiet and it kinda irked her.

“Spit it out, Jeon.” She said, the male paused and glanced at her.

“Those guys,” He begun, Jungah looked at him, waiting.

“I didn’t know…you were close with him, them.”

“My cousin’s friends? I guess, we’re okay. I mean, I don’t think they’re bad people.” She used at him, Wonwoo nodded back.

“Son Hyunwoo, right? Hyundai Group’s next president.”

“He is?” Jungah’s reply threw him off, Wonwoo glanced at her.

“You…didn’t know?”

“I didn’t know he’s the next boss. But, okay, wow.” She nodded and looked at the window.

“He didn’t tell you?”

“I didn’t ask. I mean, do you ask people that? I’m not so sure.” Jungah mused back at him, Wonwoo nodded with a small smile.

“I did hear that he’s…not the type to make new friends. I’m quite surprised, noona. Did he approach you first?” He carefully asked her.

“No, I got his number first. But I didn’t call right away.”

“Huh?”

Jungah smiled and shook her head.

“What are you trying to say, young master?”

“I mean, I did hear other rumors about him, noona. They aren’t nice. I’m just worried that…you’re..being pressured into being…friends with him or something. And to be honest, I don’t really like the guy.”

“What kind of rumors?” She asked, Wonwoo didn’t reply.

“I’m not being pressured into anything, don’t worry. And, he’s actually nice.” She said to him, Jungah recognized her neighborhood and noticed the white Range Rover tailing them, she smiled to herself.

“How about we meet up for breakfast tomorrow? I’ll come pick you up.” Wonwoo said as they reached her place.

“That sounds great, please send my apologies to your parents.” She said as the car pulled to a full stop, Wonwoo nodded back at him.

“No worries, noona.” He slid down from the car and opened the door for her, Jungah slid down from the vehicle and faced him.

“But, noona,” Wonwoo said, his eyes went to the black tuxedo jacket the girl was wearing, it was way too big for her. And he knew whose jacket it was.

“Yes?”

“You’re…You’re not seeing the guy, right?”

“Which guy?” Jungah asked her eyes were on the Rover as it parked by her gates.

“The.. tall one.” Wonwoo was taken aback.

“Oh god, no. Five Dots is not the dateable type. Anyway, good night. Thanks for driving me home.” Jungah said as she reached out to pat his arm, Wonwoo watched as the girl got inside her home. And he exhaled.

“Five Dots?” He muttered to himself as he got in his car and drove away.

 

 

 

“Kihyun-ah,” Mrs. Yoo was surprised to see her son walk in the dining hall, his father looked up as well.

“When did you get back?”

“Earlier this morning, I was at my place to drop some things off. And, I’m here to grab breakfast.” Kihyun said wit a sheepish grin, he still had dark circles under his eyes.

“How was your trip? Did you fix it?” Mr. Yoo begun, Kihyun nodded back as he took his seat.

“Yes, they’re sending the contract over this week and I just need to have the legal team go over it again just to be sure, abeoji.” Kihyun said as he picked up his utensils.

“That’s good.”

“But, I heard about Jungah…finally being exposed.” Mrs. Yoo spoke, her husband looked up from his plate.

“Yes, there…was an emergency, eomma. Uncle had to leave the country, don’t worry, we have eyes on her.”

“And she’s okay with that? Our Jungah?” Mr. Yoo chuckled, knowing his niece, the girl would rebel against a security detail.

“After a few negotiations, she’s…quite adjusted to it. She gives Shownu hyung a few headaches here and there, but she gets along with everyone.” Kihyun mused, recalling the reports the guards had sent him.

“Jooheon will love her.” Mrs. Yoo mused.

“I know, it can be a pain sometimes, she somehow always gets her way.” Kihyun shrugged as he started eating.

“So, do you check on her from time to time? I heard about….certain movements, she lives alone, Kihyun-ah.” Mr. Yoo said, his forehead creased briefly, his only sister’s daughter is very precious to him. And it pains him that Jungah chose to be distant with them.

“We have an arrangement for that, abeoji.”

“What kind of arrangement?”

“We kind of make it to a point to check on her before she leaves for work and, when she gets home.”

“So, you go to her place?”

“Sometimes, she’s driven to work by the guys.” Kihyun replied in between chews.

“Wait, so you boy are always around her?” Mrs. Yoo blinked at her son, Kihyun paused and nodded.

“Yes, it’s what they came up with since she’s not comfortable with the added guards. I think, Shownu hyung will be the one going today.” Kihyun murmured, trying to remember their messages from the chat room.

“Wonwoo’s finally making a move on her and yet you are all hovering about being obstacles.” Mrs. Yoo sighed at her son, Kihyun blinked back at her. His father rolled his eyes at him.

“Wonwoo is? Finally.” Kihyun mused.

“Finally, but you have her on lockdown.” Mrs. Yoo sighed again.

“Why does everyone want the Jeon boy for her?” Mr. Yoo shook his head as he poured more coffee.

“You don’t like him?” Kihyun glanced at his other parent.

“It doesn’t matter if I do, but does your cousin want him too?”

 

 

 

“If I knew you’d be dropping by I would have made you something to eat.” Jungah frowned as she walked back in the living room, Changkyun was seated on the couch, typing on his laptop.

“It’s fine, noona. I wont stay long. I just need to check if your security system’s running okay. It was kind of windy yesterday.” He said, the girl plopped down beside him and pushed the cup of coffee towards the younger male.

“You..don’t have work today?” He asked, noticing her casual get up, the girl was dressed in a pair of light denim jeans and a carnation pink cropped cardigan.

“It’s my day off. And, I made plans.”

“Oh, am I getting in the way?”

“No, you’re fine.” She nodded as she leaned back on the couch beside him.

“I heard about what happened last night, noona. Are you alright?”

“No, I’m not. I feel like dying because I got a couple of drinks over me. Of course, I’m okay, young master.” She chuckled at him, he made a face at her before closing his laptop.

“All good?”

“Yes, thanks for the coffee, noona.” He said as he picked up his laptop, Jungah grabbed her purse and she hooked arms with him as they walked out of the house.

“How about we grab lunch together next time? Bring Jooheon too, I’d like to have a lunch date with the twin chaos.” She hummed, Changkyun grew amused at her words.

“Twin chaos? Is that what you call hyung and I?” He said as they walked through her gardens, Jungah’s guards gave him small polite bows as they passed by.

“Yes.” She grinned at him, the two stepped out of the doors and Changkyun suddenly stopped, Jungah almost tripped beside him.

“Hyung,” He blurted out, his eyes went to Shownu, he was leaning against his car and staring at them. But on the other side was the Jeon boy, he was looking at them too.

Jungah followed his gaze and she paused.

“Noona, are you ready?” Wonwoo said, the girl nodded back.

“Y—Yes, I didn’t know you were already here.” She said, Wonwoo tilted his head.

“But, you were expecting me.”

Changkyun’s brows rose, he carefully unhooked his arm with Jungah’s and he approached his car.

“Yes, sorry. Give me a minute, please.” Jungah nodded at him, she went down the steps and approached the older male.

“I thought Three Dots oppa was going to drop by today.” She said as she reached him, Shownu nodded back at her.

“Minhyuk was called into an emergency meeting at his office, how are you?”

“I’m okay, I made coffee inside. I can pack some for you.” She offered, Shownu shook his head at her.

“Noona, let’s go.” Wonwoo spoke again, he was walking towards them. Changkyun was looking at the three, the guards were even peering by the gates.

“We can get coffee next time. I just dropped by, protocol.” He replied, Jungah grimaced at his term.

“Please tell me Haerin’s boyfriend is still breathing.” She said in a quiet tone, Shownu’s lips curled into a small smile.

“I’m not sure. Go.”

“Please be sure.” She sighed at him, Shownu was about to turn to his car but the girl tugged on the sleeve of his coat.

“You’ll find out later. Go, he’s waiting.”

“One Dot!” She whined, Shownu let out a small laugh.

“The guy is fine, I don’t get your concern over him. But he’s breathing.”

“Just breathing? I don’t trust you.” She muttered under her breath, the guards looked on, interested. No one has spoken to their boss this way. People were never like this around him, but Jungah was standing here, demanding answers from Son Hyunwoo.

Changkyun’s eyes were on the Jeon boy as he continued to stare the Shownu and Jungah.

“He is a complication.” Changkyun mused to himself as he got in his car and sped away.

“Jungah.” Shownu said, the girl dropped her arm and rolled her eyes in reply.

“Fine, go and leave in your fancy sports car.” She stuck her tongue out at him.

“Bye, Jooheon’s princess.” Shownu said, he got inside his car, the engine purred to life. Jungah felt Wonwoo’s hand on her back.

“Sorry, I kind of have to deal with them before anything else.” She said with a small apologetic smile, the R8 sped away from the property.

“Kihyun hyung asked them to check on you? They’re taking it way too seriously, noona.” Wonwoo said, trying to mask his annoyance.

“Ah, well~” Jungah paused when the R8 reappeared, Jungah’s guards leaned over the gates again. The car pulled to a full stop just beside her. The window rolled down, Shownu was holding onto a brown bag.

“Cupcakes. Those..bright red ones.” He said, Jungah took the bag, the window rolled back up. She watched as Shownu sped off again.

Wonwoo exhaled and looked away.

“Are we still good to go, noona?”

“Yes, of course.” Jungah nodded at him, she walked around his car and got inside. She grinned as she opened the bag.

“He meant red velvet.” She mused, Wonwoo got inside the car and started the engine.

“I’m sorry for the delay, I’ll make it up to you.” She said as she set the bag down.

Wonwoo could only nod back at her.

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++