021

What's Your Secret?


 

 

The yellow Lamborghini pulled to a full stop, behind the wheel Jungah was staring at the warehouse across her. She took a quick look around and sighed to herself.

“What a cliché, a secluded property with an abandoned warehouse. Shoot me now.” She muttered to herself, she eyed the car’s infotainment system, one of the buttons were steadily blinking red. They were tracking her.

She looked up as she heard a loud thud, the warehouse doors slid open and she spotted the two men from earlier, they had discarded their motorcycle by the side.

Jungah slid down from the vehicle and eyed them, then she noticed more people emerged from the dimly lit warehouse, the men were grinning at her as they walked around, effectively surrounding her with their metal batons and weapons.

“We were surprised to see you chasing after us,” The man who had stabbed Jooheon suddenly spoke, Jungah exhaled and leaned against the car’s hood.

“It was wrong of us to assume that the Seoul organization’s princess would hide behind her friends. I’m sorry, young miss.” He continued in a mocking tone, Jungah crossed her arms and stared right at him.

“I don’t get why this is happening, but don’t you people have certain rules or protocols? Attacking in broad daylight or messing with someone at their own territory? From the looks of it,” Jungah smirked as she heard the faint sound from the car’s radio.

“You did that with people around because you’re scared of retaliation. My brothers’ retaliation. Because you know they wouldn’t do anything when there are people watching.” Jungah said, the two males glanced at each other, clearly Jooheon’s princess had struck a nerve.

The men surrounding her grew quiet, Jungah noticed that some of them had guns tucked in their jeans. She also noticed the tattoos on their hands, she looked away.

“You talk too much, princess. You can say whatever you want, but you’ve already walked into our trap, so,” The man stepped towards her with a blade in hand.

“So, you cowards decided to stab Jooheon and run away. Although, I applaud that move, it means you’re smart enough to know that those guys will hunt you down.” Jungah chuckled, the male’s jaw grew taut, he was standing right in front of her.

“Your rich friends don’t scare us, those brats don’t know how to run things. The only thing they have is their money.”

“And cars.” Jungah interjected, the men around her started to press in, they were all staring at her.

She noticed the other motorcycle dude from before stepped towards them, and then she felt something cold against .

It was the blade.

“You talk too~”

“Their cars with tracking systems.” Jungah said with a small smile, and then they heard it. The loud engine purrs, a distant whirring that was getting louder and louder.

“And they heard everything you just said, so, I’ll go sit in the car and pray for you.”

 

 

 

Rowoon leaned back on the couch as his father watched the footage on the flat screen TV, the elder smiled as Lee Jooheon staggered back and fell to the ground.

“We got his phone, abeoji. As of now, it is being transported to our main office.”

“Look at that girl, what a brave soul.” Kim Donghee mused as Jungah was seen driving away from the restaurant.

“It’s been confirmed that she followed her, they were surprised that she did. But then they realized that it actually worked in their favor. They changed routes, instead of heading to our base, they are at an abandoned property outside Seoul now.”

“What do you mean?” The mayoral candidate turned to his son, his fingers hovered over his glass of whiskey.

“She went after them alone, abeoji.”

The elder paused, his brows going up.

“They can trap her. Or,” Rowoon turned his head to the screen again, a montage video of familiar males leaving their offices and getting in their cars played.

“Son Hyunwoo was seen leaving his office just seconds after Jooheon was stabbed, Lee Minhyuk and Im Changkyun were already on the road before their pal was sent to the hospital.”

“One of the Samsung heads, Wonho was seen picking up Chae Hyungwon at his office just minutes ago as well, and her cousin, Yoo Kihyun was caught by a camera, speeding at the highway.”

“Hey, we can’t take them down like this. If those six boys arrive~”

“I know, abeoji. But, this only proves how important she must be, right?” Rowoon pressed his palms together, pleased.

“You’re right, but what about those men you sent?”

“Well, that’s not my problem anymore. The thing is now, this will send a message to everyone waiting for them to fail. Chang Jungah is the loophole, she will be the end for them.”

“So, what are you going to do now? Wonwoo won’t like it if you use her like this.”

“I’ll continue to be her friend and gain her trust, then that’s the time we attack, abeoji.”

 

 

 

Changkyun’s purple Lamborghini and the white BMW sedan led the group towards the property, Minhyuk was tensed in his seat as he checked his side mirror. Shownu was right behind them with Wonho’s white Land Rover in tow.

“Why is she like this?” Hyungwon grunted, his voice echoed on their speaker systems.

“Are you good?” Changkyun spoke as the warehouse came into view, loud metallic clinks were heard.

“Yes. I think I have enough. Wonho hyung, you can stop here.” Hyungwon said, Kihyun’s black Bentley joined them and it slowed down beside Shownu’s car.

“What do we do?” Kihyun muttered, clearly distressed.

“Your rich friends don’t scare us, those brats don’t know how to run things. The only thing they have is their money.”

“And cars.”

“You talk too~”

“Their cars with tracking systems.”

“And they heard everything you just said, so, I’ll go sit in the car and pray for you.”

Jungah prays?Wonho grew amused, Shownu stepped down from the car just as black Escalades rushed around them, and then it grew quiet.

“Hyungwon, go.” Shownu spoke, the other male nodded and with his shotgun, he rushed forward. Three of their men followed him.

“They have about thirty men surrounding her, they know we’re here.” Kihyun reappeared, Changkyun shook his head and leaned against his car’s hood. They could see Jungah trying to step back from the two males who were talking to her.

Shownu’s eyes went to the blade on the man’s hand, his forehead creased. He looked at the other one beside him, and he halted.

“The one at the front, he stabbed Jooheon. His escape guy is the other one, he drove the bike here.” Wonho stated, Minhyuk stepped forward.

“And the escape guy is armed.” Shownu said under his breath as he moved forward, he took one their men’s handgun.

Kihyun and Minhyuk glanced at each other worriedly as the older male moved forward.

Jungah was about to get inside the car, but the man with the blade pushed the door back and grabbed her by the arm, Changkyun tensed and glanced at the older males. The guards started moving in, and the men surrounding Jungah grew tense.

The two men confronting Jungah looked up and they visibly paled.

“I told you, I have heavily funded stalkers.” Jungah said to him, the male closest to her grew irritated, he was about to raise the blade to her face when something fell off.

His hand fell off.

His whole hand fell off and it landed one the ground with a juicy thud.

And then he started screaming, Jungah balked and she started to back away, the other male lunged for her but before the male could reach her, he recoiled back in pain as blood started to stain the front of his stomach.

“Jungah, get in the car.” She felt someone grab her by the arm, she turned and paused.

“O—One Dot,” She blurted out, Shownu had a gun in hand as he looked around them, their men were already taking care of the goons trying to get to them.

“Sir,” One of the guards rushed to towards them.

“Can you drive? I need you to get out of here.” Shownu looked at her, his voice was strained.

“Did you…His..And the..blood,” She stammered as she gripped on his arm, as if trying to steady herself, Shownu glanced at the guard, he nodded and got inside the Lamborghini, the car purred to life.

“He will get you home, Jungah, please go now.” Shownu’s tone remained soft, she slowly nodded back and the male walked her around the car.

“They have guns, Shownu.” She spoke as he opened the door for her, the male nodded, he saw Wonho’s Rover rushing towards the warehouse, the doors landed on the cement floor with a loud thud. Jungah grimaced and looked away.

“Like you said, we’re heavily funded stalkers. We can take care of this.” He said, cupping both of her cheeks briefly.

“But..you guys could get hurt…Jooheon..he..they~”

“Jungah, please. Go home. We can talk later, Jooheon’s already there.” Shownu said, the girl exhaled, she pulled away and got inside the car. Shownu watched the Lamborghini sped away, one of their SUVs followed the vehicle.

“Hyung, the warehouse!” He heard Kihyun speak in his earpiece, Shownu exhaled, he looked around them and realized that their men had taken down the goons from before. But there was a commotion going inside the warehouse, the male started to put his leather gloves on as he made his way towards the building.

Shownu reached the door just as a bat was swung at him, he sidestepped the man, and grabbed him by his neck. He saw Hyungwon and Wonho standing by huge wooden boxes.

“Oh, we missed one.” Minhyuk commented as the older male joined them, Shownu’s jaw twitched, he tossed the man against the crates and paused.

“These are ours.” Changkyun commented, the guys turned their heads as the two men who were confronting Jungah were brought in.

“And they’re dead.” Wonho muttered under his breath as Kihyun leaned down to meet the males’ gazes. Changkyun picked up the male’s wallets and his brows went up, Minhyuk shook his head and proceeded to have the crates opened.

“Hyung,” Minhyuk spoke as the lids were lifted, Hyungwon froze as he realized what he was looking at.

“They replaced the items. These aren’t ours.” Minhyuk took a step back from the crates, Wonho grabbed the man who lost his arms and dragged him towards one of the chairs.

“What do you mean?” Shownu said, then the one of the males started to speak.

“We almost had her, we almost had your princess.” He said through gritted teeth, but he was smiling.

“Now, I don’t understand your obsession her. That face, partnered with that body. I bet you~”

Shownu turned towards him, and the sole of his shoe made contact on the man’s chest. He coughed out blood and passed out. Wonho’s brows rose, but he smirked at Changkyun.

“Clean this up, bring them to the manor. And,” Shownu finally saw the crates’ contents.

It was the party drugs and other drug paraphernalia.

“Inform the police about this. Then burn everything.” Shownu said, the guards started moving.

“What about them, hyung? Should we throw them a party? They hurt baby Joo and traumatized our princess.” Minhyuk hummed as Wonho tied the bleeding male to the chair.

Shownu’s cold gaze went to the male whose hand was shot off by Hyungwon. Kihyun watched as their eldest picked up the man’s discarded blade, and then he wordlessly stuck it on the man’s shoulder blade.

He started to scream in pain as Shownu pressed it further down his body.

“Throw him a party.” He said before leaving the warehouse.

 

 

 

Kihyun walked in the living room and found his cousin pacing by the tall windows, she was chewing on her lower lip as she threw glances at the staircase. His forehead creased as he noticed the girl’s bloodstain blouse, but she didn’t seem to mind or care.

“Jungah-ya,” He spoke, he was frustrated with her rushing out like that, but seeing how anxious she was now, he felt bad for the girl.

“The doctor said he’s fine but he’s still unconscious, oppa.” She frowned as she stopped moving, Kihyun nodded back, he knew.

“I know, they called to inform us. He was stabbed in his forearm, and his side. But other than that your baby Joo is fine, Jungah.”

“Still, if only I hadn’t changed his plans, he made reservations at this place, but I wanted to go dine somewhere nearby. If….If I didn’t interfere, Jooheon wouldn’t have gotten hurt.” She murmured, Kihyun sighed before pulling her into a hug.

“It’s not your fault, things like this, they’re bound to happen. We were kind of…expecting it, but we just didn’t how they’d start attacking.”

Jungah let out a shaky breath and leaned against him.

“But, you helped us today.”

Jungah paused, she pulled away to look at her cousin.

“What?”

“We caught the guy we’ve been trying to track, the one messing with our shipments. He was there at the warehouse. Thanks, Jooheon’s princess.” Kihyun grinned as he let go of her.

“The one..who lost his hand?”

“No, the one Shownu hyung shot. Anyway, I need to make some calls. You should rest.” Kihyun patted her hand, Jungah watched as her older cousin made his way up the stairs. She shook her head and walked towards the veranda to get some air.

She leaned against the marble railings to get a good view of the property. She glanced at the gates as heard multiple cars roll in, the black SUVs from earlier headed straight to the separate garage. She grimaced and looked away, just as Changkyun and Wonho slid down from their cars. Hyungwon appeared and he slung his black leather duffel over one shoulder.

Jungah pressed her lips together.

Shownu and Minhyuk were chatting as they headed for the house, and then Wonho looked up.

“Hi, princess!” He waved at her, the guys all paused and looked at her. Jungah gave him a small nod before pulling away from the railings.

“You shouldn’t have shot the man’s hand.” Minhyuk sighed at his friend as they reached the foyer.

“He was about to hurt her with that blade. What was I supposed to do? Ask him to stop?” Hyungwon grumbled back.

“Not to shoot him when he’s standing too close to her?” Changkyun shot back, Hyungwon pressed his lips together, defeated.

“I would never hurt her.” Hyungwon muttered, the guys found Jungah in the kitchen, munching on some fruit.

“Are you okay? They didn’t hurt you?” Minhyuk fussed over her as he examined her arms and her face, the girl sighed and shook her head.

“I’m fine, oppa. How was the clean up?”

“It was fun. We had fun, them? Not so much.” Wonho answered as he rummaged through the fridge. Shownu poured himself a drink and looked at the girl, his forehead creased.

“How are you feeling?” He suddenly spoke, they all glanced at the leader. Wonho and Changkyun hid their grins.

“I’m fine. Should I ask if those guys from earlier are still breathing?” Jungah replied, and Shownu’s lips actually curled up ever so slightly.

“We’ll talk later.” He said before heading towards the study, Minhyuk grinned to himself before picking up a piece of tangerine.

Jungah exhaled and pushed her glass of water from her.

“I don’t think I can eat dinner tonight. I’m off to bed, thank you for being my stalkers.” She said as she slid down from her seat, but she halted when a tall figure blocked her.

“What is it, baby Chae?” She sighed as she kept her hands behind her, Wonho grew amused.

Hyungwon leaned down and wrapped his arms around her.

“I’m sorry if I scared you, I didn’t mean to. I needed him not to stab you with that blade like he did to Jooheon.” He hurriedly explained as he patted her back, Jungah sighed and slowly hugged him back.

“You needed him not to stab me? So you just had to remove his hand?”

“Yes. You know we would never hurt you, even though you’re annoying sometimes.” Hyungwon grumbled, but he was smiling. Jungah exhaled and the male let go of her.

“I’ll go up and rest early. No need to call me for dinner.”

“But you have to eat, Jungah-ya.” Wonho frowned as the girl walked to the stairs.

“I’ll go get milk if I get hungry. Good night.”

“I’ll bring some cookies later, noona. Good night.” Changkyun said, Jungah nodded and she disappeared to her room.

“Shownu hyung was seething earlier.” Changkyun softly said, Wonho nodded, agreeing with him.

“I wonder why.” Minhyuk said with a knowing smile before walking towards the study to join their leader.

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++