025

What's Your Secret?

 

 

 

Jungah grimaced as she slowly sat up, her hand flew to the back of her neck and she let out a groan.

“Young miss,” A feminine voice made her turn, and then there was a stinging pain across her cheek, she slowly opened her eyes and saw a figure dressed in white.

Oh my god.

Oh no.

I am so going to get yelled at. Am I..Am I dead?

I will definitely get yelled~

You’re not dead, young miss. Just..injured and no one's going to yell at you. The voice added, Jungah’s vision cleared and she saw the lady before her, she was smiling at her.

“Did I say…all those..out loud?” She asked after realizing she was a nurse, but Jungah grew confused, she was at her room at the mafia house. She sat up with the help of the lady and she carefully slid down from the bed, she saw her reflection on the mirror.

“The men who…tried to take you hurt you pretty badly, young miss. But no worries, the doctor was here earlier, he checked your bruises. The one on your cheek will heal in a couple of weeks, she also gave you medicine to lessen the swelling.”

Jungah nodded back, her forehead creased as she looked around. She was dressed in a pair of sweatpants, a loose black shirt and white fuzzy socks.

“I..I need to go down for a bit.” Jungah murmured, and before the nurse could stop her, she was already out of her room. She made her way towards the kitchen, she reached the door that connected the room the garage and carefully pushed it open.

She stepped into the garage and found Hyungwon nearest to her, he was leaning against Wonho’s car.

“I see you’re up.” He spoke with crossed arms, Jungah nodded, her eyes went to the cleared area in the middle of the garage, she saw four men on the floor, her eyes widened when she saw one of them. He had some sort of black stick shoved up his mouth.

“The others are at the living room.” Hyungwon informed her, her eyes went to Shownu, he had knelt down to meet one of the male’s gaze, his cold eyes were on him as he spoke in low tones. Jungah noticed that he was wearing his leather gloves again. And that one muscle on his jaw was twitching.

“Ah, so, you didn’t know? You were just asked to drive.” She heard him speak, Jungah turned to the tall male beside her.

“Is he..?”

“Yes.”

“Am…I?” Jungah trailed off, Hyungwon chuckled at her.

“Yes.”

“Are…they?” She pointed towards the three others who remained unmoving on the floor.

“He’s pissed. You’re in trouble. And they’re not dead, I think. Maybe, not yet.” He said to her, Jungah grimaced, and Shownu’s eyes went to her. She flinched and hid herself behind Hyungwon.

“Just go back inside, princess.” Hyungwon urged her and she rushed back to the house, she got herself a glass of water and walked back to the living room.

“You.” Kihyun stated as she walked in, Jooheon frowned as he saw her.

“Hi. I can explain~”

“Explain?” A voice repeated, Changkyun and Wonho looked up from their phones. Minhyuk pressed his lips together.

Jungah turned just as Shownu walked in, the male stood behind the empty couch as he looked at her.

“You know about our protocols, Jungah.”

“I do, but I needed to use the restroom and~”

“And you couldn’t…..How will your guards be able to do their jobs if you won’t let them?” Shownu shot back, his tone flat. Kihyun leaned back on his seat and glanced at his cousin.

“I didn’t know that someone was inside, and, who would expect that one of them would dress as~”

“How will they be able to keep you safe if you won’t let them? Do you even know what could have happened if they really managed to take you? Do you?”

“Hyunwoo-ah,” Wonho turned to him, Shownu pressed his lips and tugged on his tie.

“Then, if I go pee, should I bring the hyungnims inside too? Is that protocol as well?” She replied, Hyungwon’s brows went up and his eyes went to One Dot.

Shownu wordlessly tossed his tie away and walked out of the room, moments later they heard the doors to his office open and close.

“Jungah, how are you feeling?” Wonho left his seat and approached her, he studied the bandage on her face before pulling the girl to him.

“We were so worried, princess.” Minhyuk frowned at her, Jungah exhaled and hugged the male back.

“I thought he was going to be out of town, why is he here?” She muttered, Kihyun shushed her.

“He was the first one to arrive, Jungah. He got to you before any of us could. So, be nice.” The Yoo heir said to his cousin.

“Nice? I’m the one with a bandage on my face, oppa.”

“Yes, and he was the one who almost killed four guys today because you were being careless.”

 

 

 

“They failed?” Rowoon looked up from his laptop, the male before them nodded gravely nodded back.

“Why?” Kim Donghee leaned in, the male cleared his throat before speaking.

“One of them got to the scene pretty quickly. They may have evaded her guards when she went to the restroom, they managed to get her to the basement unnoticed, but..something happened.”

Rowoon swiveled the chair and looked at the male, his forehead creased.

“Her guards found out?”

“No, one of the young masters arrived.” The male said in a dark tone, Rowoon tilted his head.

“Who?”

“The Hyundai son, sir. Son Hyunwoo.”

Rowoon’s brows went up, his thoughts flew to his cousin. Wonwoo had asked about the Hyundai son just earlier, he wanted to find out more about him. But, why? His cousin was never the type to run checks on anyone, unless…

Rowoon’s lips quirked up, and his father sent him a look.

“Why are you smiling? You said that their leader would be out of town for over a few days, how did he get there so quick?”

“I don’t know, there must have been some sort of disturbance in the Force.” Rowoon blurted out, but he was intrigued.

“What?” His father demanded.

“Remember when we had her followed? Who was the one seen with her the most? Asides from Kihyun, they’re family.”

“Him, sir. Son Hyunwoo.” The male replied, his brows going up.

“Huh.” Rowoon chuckled and he faced his father.

“Abeoji, I think I may have found the perfect shortcut. To get to her.”

“And how? Do you think we can simply take out he Hyundai son? You saw what he did. Those men, four men, they were armed with weapons.” His father pointed out, Rowoon shook his head.

“Oh, not through him. But Wonwoo.”

“Wonwoo? Why him?”

“I think Wonwoo and this Son boy are..they might not know it yet, but I think they’re both pining over the same girl.”

 

 

 

“Still no news on that photo from the warehouse?” Minhyuk asked as he approached Changkyun, the younger male peeled his gaze away from the doctors who were working on the four men Shownu had injured.

“No, all we know right now is that he’s tall. And has a knack for avoiding cameras,” He replied, Minhyuk nodded back, he saw Kihyun and Wonho chatting with one of the guards.

“How did he get there so fast? Wasn’t he supposed to leave for Jeju this morning?” He asked, Jooheon appeared and approached Wonho.

“He was already on a helicopter when he received the call from the guards.” Changkyun continued as Hyungwon sauntered over to them.

“Really?”

“They landed one of my family’s buildings, he already had orders to have his car brought around as soon as they land.” Baby Chae chimed in as he took a seat, Minhyuk’s lips curled up.

“And from there, he drove like a madman?” He said, Changkyun shook his head with a smile.

“That seems really fitting, hyung. Seeing as to how he…fixed those guys up, the guards commented that they also grew worried as they stood watch.” The youngest commented just as one of the doctors approached Kihyun.

“It was Jungah. It’s explainable.” Hyungwon commented.

“Exactly. It was Jungah. They touch her, and Son Hyunwoo shows up to fix them up.” Minhyuk mused, Changkyun was about to reply when he saw Kihyun rush to Wonho and Jooheon.

“What’s that, hyung?” He called out.

“They found this.” Kihyun said as he waved them over, the males gathered on the table and noticed the small piece of crumpled paper on the desk. It has dried blood on the corners, but the letters were still intelligible.

“Oh.” Jooheon grimaced, but he grew annoyed.

“It’s Kim Donghee’s business card. He…He sent them.” Wonho scoffed and looked away.

“What a brave idiot.” Hyungwon spat and shook his head.

“The chips,” Kihyun spoke up, one of the doctors approached them.

“Yes, sir?”

“Plant chips on them, make sure we can track them as soon as they come crawling back to their master.” He continued; the doctor nodded back.

“That’s it? We just let them go?” Minhyuk asked and he crossed his arms.

“Two of them won’t be able to walk again without therapy, one can’t speak. The other is still questionable, but that should serve as message.” Kihyun replied, Jooheon grinned and glanced at the men again, they were still on their respective operating tables.

“Touch her and we’ll come for them.” Wonho said, but Minhyuk leaned against the table.

“Or, he’ll come for them first.” He mused to himself before Changkyun could shush him.

 

 

 

Shownu turned from the windows as he heard the double doors open, his eyebrows scrunched together as he saw Jungah.

“Look, I know what happened was wrong, and…I was wrong. I should have thought about it before dashing off.” She said as she walked in his office, unfazed by his look, or his mood.

“What happened was, you were almost taken, Jungah.”

“But, I wasn’t.” She interevened, Shownu pressed his lips together and he put his drink down.

“I don’t think you understand, right now as we speak, there are people plotting to take you. Why? Because they know that once they take you, then it would affect us, this family.”

Jungah exhaled and looked away.

“Family? I didn’t even ask to be part of this. Up to now…I don’t even know why I have to be in this house, or why…why I have to have so many people watching over me.”

“It may have been easy for you, avoiding your connection with the Yoos, but you can’t do anything about it, Jungah. You are a Yoo and you are part of this.” Shownu stated as he gestured around them.

“I’m not avoiding, I~”

“Not avoiding? So, not attending SK Holdings’ public events with, not wanting your coworkers to find out who your mother is, and denying that you’re Kihyun’s cousin is not avoiding? Then what is that?”

“Stay out of it, One Dot.” She spat, Shownu shook his head at her.

“You try and try to deny who you are, Jungah. But, you are a Yoo. And you are part of this, you are part of the mafia.”

“That doesn’t bother me.”

“Which one? Being a Yoo or being the mafia?” Shownu shot back, Jungah pressed her lips together.

“You think you can continue pretending to have a normal life? A nine to five job at a mall? I’m sorry, but the moment you walked into this house, that was over.”

“What are you trying to say, that I give up? That I give in and become like you guys?”

“No. What I’m saying is that you should stop hiding you are, and that there’s nothing wrong about being a Yoo.” Shownu pointed out, Jungah chewed on the insides of her cheeks.

“You think you’re still “invisible” to others? Look what happened,” Shownu said to her.

“Then, do I have to bring my guards inside the restroom with me now? Should I do that?” She hissed at him, Shownu was about to reply but the doors opened. The two men paused as soon as they walked in and sensed the tension in the room.

“Good, you two are here.” Shownu began as they turned back to the doors. Jungah exhaled and crossed her arms over her chest.

“Yes, sir?”

“The young miss is not to leave the property until she heals. So, none of you would need to drive her to work starting tomorrow.”

“You can’t do that!” Jungah intervened, her eyes were on him, but Shownu was facing the two very confused guards.

“Make sure that this will be followed.”

“Y—Yes, sir.” They glanced at Jungah for a few seconds.

“Son Hyunwoo, I have a job and my boss would expect me to~”

“Rest. Because you were attacked at a public restroom, Jungah,” Shownu said as he faced her again, her forehead creased.

“You can’t imprison me here, One Dot.”

“You’re not imprisoned. You just need to recover. And we need you to be safe.” He shot back, Jungah watched as he ran his fingers through his hair and he picked up his jacket from the leather seat.

“I need you safe.” He repeated before leaving the room.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++