049

What's Your Secret?

 

 

 

“I’m worried.” Changkyun admitted as he sat down, Hyungwon and Jooheon looked up from their meals.

“Kim Donghee?”

“No. It’s about noona.” The youngest spoke, Jooheon tilted his head before speaking.

“What about her? Good thing she didn’t drive off and chase those guys who shot Kihyun hyung.” He said, Hyungwon leaned back on the headboard.

“Wouldn’t that be interesting if she got into another car chase and won? Show those guys whose boss and all.” Hyungwon mused.

“No, I’m worried that she’s angry, and that she may have reached her boiling point.” Changkyun stated, Jooheon slowly shook his head.

“She can be protective, we spoiled her, but she’s protective.” Hyungwon said as he finished his coffee.

“But I doubt hyung will let her do anything now, things are way too dangerous.” Jooheon commented, Changkyun eyed him warily.

“Since when did she listen to him?”

“No, since when did he say no to her?” Hyungwon chuckled, Changkyun snorted and glanced at the TV screen, news about Kim Donghee’s scandals were rolling out, and investigation regarding his alleged misuse of funds were almost coming to an end.

“His friends have kept mum and stayed away from him, some even went as far to denying ever knowing the guy.” Jooheon said, his eyes narrowing on the screen.

“He’s probably in hiding now, should we track him?” Changkyun suggested, Hyungwon hummed and shook his head.

“What’s the point? He knows we are going to come after him, he’ll simply try to attack again. And, we aren’t certain yet what he really wants.”

“If only we could access those drives by now.” Changkyun grumbled under his breath.

“But, it makes you think, you know, what could be inside those drives that he’s willing to risk Son Hyunwoo’s wrath just to get it?” Hyungwon murmured.

“It must be a big deal if he’s being this brazen.” Jooheon made a face as he finished his porridge.

“Big enough to put not just his, but all his men’s lives on the line.”

“Not just his men. His nephew too, we found Jeon Wonwoo’s business card with those guys who shot Kihyun hyung yesterday.”

“Oh no.” Hyungwon halted.

“Well, finally.” Jooheon heartily chuckled.

 

 

 

Jungah pulled more pillows closer to her as the movie begun, the girl had taken the day morning off. Jungah decided to move a few meetings just so she could get her bearings right. Her eyes focused on the screen as Edward Cullen appeared.

“Is this escapism? What am I doing?” She murmured to herself, her phone has been vibrating since breakfast, Wonwoo wanted to talk to her.

She had a feeling that she shouldn’t be talking to Wonwoo, not now.

She pursed her lips and looked at the TV, she paused when she heard the doors slide open. Shownu walked in, looking confused.

“I..didn’t know you had other plans today.” He commented as he looked around the mini theater, the girl grinned at him.

“I wasn’t sure if I should head to work today. Were you looking for me? I should have called.” She gave him a sheepish smile, the male chuckled and sat beside her.

“What’s going on? Your guards said you left at dawn earlier.”

“I went to check on Kihyun oppa, the doctor said he still wasn’t allowed to have visitors.” She softly said as she leaned against him.

“Give him some time to heal.”

“I know that, but I would he’d nag at me for not chasing those guys down. I just missed the opportunity to test the Rover’s limits.” She grumbled under her breath, Shownu let out a chuckle.

“Please tell me you have those guys.”

“That…about that, we have something to talk about,” He said, the girl shifted on the sofa and faced him.

“What is it?”

“We got the men from yesterday, and we took care of them.”

“I kind of knew you would.” She grimaced, peeking at his shoes, the male grinned before nudging her to look at him again.

“We found something in their car, and,”

“Please don’t tell me you found body parts. I just ate, One Dot.” Jungah grimaced, the male smiled but he took the girl’s hand in his.

“You’re not going to like this,” He swallowed, his forehead creasing.

“I don’t really like a lot of things these days, how bad can it be, Son Hyunwoo?” She murmured, looking at their hands.

“We found Wonwoo’s business card inside their car.” He felt the girl go still under his hold.

“Now, we don’t really know what’s the meaning behind that, or maybe that card~”

“You don’t have to sugarcoat it, oppa. I know what it may mean, or not. But at this point,” She pulled her hand back and stood up.

“I don’t really feel like looking at the positive side of things.”

“He’s your friend, Jungah.”

The girl shrugged and picked up her sweater, Shownu tilted his head at her.

“Sometimes, it doesn’t feel like that anymore, oppa.” She said before leaning down to kiss his cheek.

“Where are you going?” He said as she walked towards the double doors.

“It appears that I have some work to do.” She replied, Shownu sighed and stood up.

“Jungah, please~”

“I’m angry, oppa. Please let me blow off some steam.” She cleared .

“Will you promise me not to run off do something…you may regret?”

“Like what? Go off and meet another man?” She rolled her eyes at him, Shownu blinked at her.

“I was talking about Wonwoo.” Jungah shrugged at him.

“I don’t…follow, princess.”

“You’re thinking that I may hunt down Wonwoo and regret it?” Jungah trailed off, the male broke into a smile and shook his head.

“No, I don’t care about him. I only acted like it because you..cared about him.”

“That didn’t bother you?” She blurted out, Shownu smiled before putting one hand on her waist.

“I’d be lying if I say no.”

“Well, I want to know if he’s really part of this. It frustrates me that none of us are sure about him. And, I did bring him closer to us.”

“And, it’s not your fault.” Shownu intervened, the girl shrugged again.

“Like I said, I’ll destroy them.” She mumbled, making a face. Shownu exhaled, not wanting to press further. And knowing when not to agitate her.

“Do you want to go out with me today? Maybe that would be better than running off to him?” He offered, pulling her slightly closer to him.

“Are you asking me out on a date?” She gasped in reply, but she was teasing.

“But, I’m sure Wonwoo would be pleased~”

“Okay, let’s stop talking about him, you know, because I’m trying not to jump to conclusions right now.” She pointed out, Shownu grinned in reply.

“So, take your girlfriend to work day?” She said to him, the male laughed.

“You want to go to my office than roam around?”

“Why? Does the rich mafia boss want to take me shopping?” She winked at him, Shownu rolled his eyes and kissed the top of her head.

“I’ll go wait downstairs.”

 

 

 

Wonho turned away from the screen, his fits curled tightly on his sides.

“I..I don’t know what to do with this, hyung. Should we have the police involved?” Changkyun had his face in his palms, even their guards looked revolted.

“We should have killed him the first chance we got!” Wonho spat under his breath, he stood up from his seat and loosened his tie.

“He’s been exploiting women and children, Chankgyun-ah. He deserves to~”

“Hyung, I think it’s smart if we don't make a move now. Shouldn’t be looking for where his other warehouse may be? And some..of these photos look familiar.” Changkyun stated, Wonho let out a shaky breath.

“Can you trace the photos then? Even…the videos?”

“I’m looking into it now; I really think we should get to these children first. I have a bad feeling about this.” The youngest spoke, his forehead creased.

“So, this must be why he’s been attacking us? If this gets out then it’s over for him, and his whole family.” Wonho muttered under his breath.

“What should we do first?”

“I’d like to protect Jungah from this, but she has to know this too.” Wonho murmured, his eyes went to the screen again, the kids on the videos and some photos we’re probably six to ten years old, and it pained him to watch what they had to go through.

“Shownu hyung doesn’t like keeping things from her.”

“The others are going to flip when they find out. Kihyun hyung’s still asleep, but I called Minhyuk hyung, he’ll be here in a bit.”

“This is just going to add more flames to the fire, Jungah’s already not in a stable mood right now.” Wonho stated, Changkyun began browsing through the files again.

“But, hyung this is too much. We have to take care of this, it doesn’t even matter if we have police involved.”

“I vote for taking this into our own hands, maybe it is time we finish Kim Donghee for good.”

Changkyun leaned back on his seat and closed his eyes.

“But we’re outnumbered.”

 

 

 

“This is new. I feel like we are always eating when we go out.” She pointed out as they got off the escalator, Jungah glanced behind them, the guards were thankfully being more discreet today.

“You only had one hour breaks before.”

“Are you bragging now, young master?” She shot back, Shownu smiled as the girl hooked her arm around his.

“Plus, I barely could squeeze myself in your schedule, you always had lunch with Jooheon, Hyungwon or Changkyun. Even Wonho was in your schedule too.”

“And, that’s bad? It’s not like other people would willingly hang out with me after I was assigned bodyguards.” She made a face at him, Shownu grinned, knowing she was teasing.

“So, what do you want?” He asked as they reached the floor with the different stores, Jungah grimaced and looked around them.

“This is awkward.”

“What is?” He asked as they walked, the girl scrunched her nose.

“I’m kind of used to shopping by myself, I mean, I went with Haerin and Joon, but…” She trailed off, a smile started to form on One Dot’s lips.

“Fine, promise me you won’t pay for everything, okay?” She said, letting go of him.

“Everything?” He repeated as he followed her to one of the boutiques.

“I settled for that, because if I say “anything”, that doesn’t apply to you. You will find a way to slip your card somewhere.” She shook her head as she went ahead, Shownu grinned and looked around the store, he nodded at the three guards outside before moving along. He saw Ahyoung checking out a bunch of shoes, he made his way towards the men’s section and paused.

“Changkyun-ah,” He answered the call.

“I sent messages at our groupchat, but I feel like you should know right away.” He spoke, Shownu felt a hand on his arm, he found Jungah smiling, raising a pair of sneakers by her face.

“What is it?”

“I think I just found proof that Wonwoo…knew everything all this time.” He said, Jungah’s raised her brows at him.

“Changkyun.” He mouthed at her, the girl frowned.

“And?”

“We finally accessed those drives from Kim Donghee’s office and, hyung…I don’t know how to explain this, and I can’t even look at it longer. It’s…repulsive.”

“We’ll be home later. Are things okay?”

“Yes, hyung. Enjoy your afternoon.” He ended the call, Shownu on his cheeks as he put his phone back in his coat pocket.

“How bad?”

Shownu took the shoes from her, he slowly shook his head.

“Do you want the semi good news or the bad one?” He asked her, the girl chewed on her lower lip.

“The bad one?”

“You want get a happy ending, just to tell you.” He mused at her.

“At this point, I’m not expecting one.” She made a face at him as they approached the bag displays.

“Wonwoo..knows.” He said, the girl paused, and she turned to him.

“Everything?”

“From the beginning. He’s..been part of it. Everything.”

He saw the girl let out a shaky breath, but she nodded without looking at him.

“The semi good news is that Changkyun finally gained access on those drives from Kim Donghee.” He said to her, Jungah paused, confused.

“It’s semi good?”

“He wouldn’t say why on the phone, he wants us to see it for ourselves. But,”

“Then, we must head home. He~”

Shownu slowly shook his head and took her hand in his.

“Let’s just enjoy the afternoon first, Jungah. You never really had a proper day off since you started working. And, Changkyun has it under control now. Wonho’s with him too.”

The girl chewed on her lower lip, contemplating.

“It’ll be fine, we can take care of it later. Now, would you like to try the shoes on?”

“Well, isn’t this the perfect opportunity to throw money at our problems?” Jungah muttered under her breath as she padded away from him, Shownu shook his head and smiled at her direction.

“They can’t touch you. Not you.” He said to himself as he followed her.

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++